• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wind Waker Link's moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I don't have Geno there because I have never played Mario RPG. I know nothing of it, so I cannot Genuinely want him.
You don't know what you are missing. He is also one of the top ranked characters on Sakurai's poll. Oh well, I can't expect someone to agree with me 100%.

parrothead

Smash Lord
There are two different kinds of Links (excluding the tranformations and Dark Link): Adult and Young. Young Link has appeared in more Zelda titles than Adult Link. Wind Waker takes place after Young Link talked to Young Zelda near the window where they saw Ganondorf.

Legend of Zelda (NES) - Young Link
Zelda (Game & Watch) - Young Link
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link - Adult Link
A Link to the Past (SNES and GBA) - Young Link
Link's Awakening/DX - Young Link
Ocarina of Time - Young Link and Adult Link
Majora's Mask - Young Link
Oracle of Ages/Oracle of Seasons - Young Link
Wind Waker - Young Link
Four Swords (Adventures) - Young Link
Minish Cap - Young Link
Phantom Hourglass - Young Link
Twilight Princess - Adult Link (and perhaps Young Link)

I excluded the CD-i Zelda titles, because they are not canon.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
There are two different kinds of Links (excluding the tranformations and Dark Link): Adult and Young. Young Link has appeared in more Zelda titles than Adult Link. Wind Waker takes place after Young Link talked to Young Zelda near the window where they saw Ganondorf.

Legend of Zelda (NES) - Young Link
Zelda (Game & Watch) - Young Link
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link - Adult Link
A Link to the Past (SNES and GBA) - Young Link
Link's Awakening/DX - Young Link
Ocarina of Time - Young Link and Adult Link
Majora's Mask - Young Link
Oracle of Ages/Oracle of Seasons - Young Link
Wind Waker - Young Link
Four Swords (Adventures) - Young Link
Minish Cap - Young Link
Phantom Hourglass - Young Link
Twilight Princess - Adult Link (and perhaps Young Link)

I excluded the CD-i Zelda titles, because they are not canon.
This still doesn't mean he will have his own symbol because every LoZ game.... is called an LoZ game!

Yoshi- Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's Story
Wario- Wario Ware and Wario Land
DK- DKC and DK 64
WW Link- only LoZ games just like the other Link

My point is that WW Link does not have his own franchise so he will have the same symbol as the other Link.

GenG

Smash Lord
LoL, I wasn't sarcastic, I agreed with you, Link WW is a Zelda character despite his uniqueness, so he will have a Triforce.

parrothead

Smash Lord
Many characters are changing into their most recent looks. Perhaps Young Link will enter SSBB into his cel-shaded look. Cel-shaded graphics will not mess up the true power of the Wii. Look at Mr. Game & Watch, he's flat because the Game & Watch screen is flat. His flatness didn't mess up the GameCube's graphics, and I'm sure it won't do the same with the Wii's graphics.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Many characters are changing into their most recent looks. Perhaps Young Link will enter SSBB into his cel-shaded look. Cel-shaded graphics will not mess up the true power of the Wii. Look at Mr. Game & Watch, he's flat because the Game & Watch screen is flat. His flatness didn't mess up the GameCube's graphics, and I'm sure it won't do the same with the Wii's graphics.
Umm.... Ok. Is there someone here you are argueing with that I can't see or what?

mikedick

Smash Rookie
i think i've created a unique moveset for ww link.

b- pig throw. that giant pig from outset island randomly manifests in link's arms. slows his walking speed and has lag(link musters up some strength to hurl it) but does has great damage and knockback . bounces 3 times before vanishing if it doesn't hit something.

up b- ballad of gales.a tornado engulfs link carrying him upwards. opponents get stuck in this and are thrown sideways afterwards.

smash b- wind's requiem. gust of wind deals low damage and continuously pushes opponents away. the closer you are the further you get knocked back. can be done infinitely. also blows away projectiles. just enough range to not be broken.

down b- tingle tuner. tingle appears above and drops a bomb that immediately explodes with cel shading eddects wherever link was standing when the move was initiated and damages anyone in vicinity.no damage done to link. i think this would incorporate a more unique playing style with bombs. someone in your face and you get just split second? do this move and tingle, free from attack, drops the bomb.

l

grab-throws out grappling hook and pulls them in while they get twisted up in the rope

forward throw- quickly pulls rope, making opponent spin forward

back throw- back kicks opponent pulls rope back in to kick them again finally releasing them(like a paddle ball)

up throw- throws opponent straight in the air. while still holding on the rope does a quick spin attack twisting opponent and making them fly outwards

down throw- does a lifting spin attack while dragging the opponent underneath, quickly pulls them up then spike stomps them to the ground

i know these seem kinda flashy but they would be so awesome.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
i think i've created a unique moveset for ww link.

b- pig throw. that giant pig from outset island randomly manifests in link's arms. slows his walking speed and has lag(link musters up some strength to hurl it) but does has great damage and knockback . bounces 3 times before vanishing if it doesn't hit something.

up b- ballad of gales.a tornado engulfs link carrying him upwards. opponents get stuck in this and are thrown sideways afterwards.

smash b- wind's requiem. gust of wind deals low damage and continuously pushes opponents away. the closer you are the further you get knocked back. can be done infinitely. also blows away projectiles. just enough range to not be broken.

down b- tingle tuner. tingle appears above and drops a bomb that immediately explodes with cel shading eddects wherever link was standing when the move was initiated and damages anyone in vicinity.no damage done to link. i think this would incorporate a more unique playing style with bombs. someone in your face and you get just split second? do this move and tingle, free from attack, drops the bomb.

l

grab-throws out grappling hook and pulls them in while they get twisted up in the rope

forward throw- quickly pulls rope, making opponent spin forward

back throw- back kicks opponent pulls rope back in to kick them again finally releasing them(like a paddle ball)

up throw- throws opponent straight in the air. while still holding on the rope does a quick spin attack twisting opponent and making them fly outwards

down throw- does a lifting spin attack while dragging the opponent underneath, quickly pulls them up then spike stomps them to the ground

i know these seem kinda flashy but they would be so awesome.
Only 11 posts and already making movesets. Impressive.

burrito

Smash Lord
This is wrong. All three have their own franchises now. But WW Link was in a game called The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker. Just like all other Link games. It isn't a seperate series. As long as the represent their own franchise they can be seperate from Mario.
Ummm... that's not what I was saying at all. Of course cel-shaded Link will still get the triforce, silly.

IKillCauseOfVGs

Smash Cadet
It's only natural WW link/Celda will get the Triforce symbol, he does possess it in WW and in plenty of the old games. And for the last time, WW Link is not related to any of the Links before him, least of all the OoT one.

As for movesets, I still prefer some of the ones that were done before, espicially the ones done by xianfeng, props to him.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Daddy, have you not been paying attentin to this thread at all? I posted A LOT, all REALLY supporting WW Link. For that specific post, I was explaining what I thought Nintendo thinks of who has priority, those were not my personal affairs.

I would comment on other peoples movesets...maybe I'll make my own....interesting....I'll see you in 5 minutes....BWUAHAHA!

BTW: Celda doesn't have to have the Triforce. He could use the King of Red Lions boat from the cover of WW. There are other possibilities, though he would still be part of LoZ franchise.

Actually, what would they call him? Probably Young Link, just to differentiate from TP Link, but then people like Dweller [who insist Celda is the same as Young Link] would win....and that cannot be allowed. No offense tho. =)

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Daddy, have you not been paying attentin to this thread at all? I posted A LOT, all REALLY supporting WW Link. For that specific post, I was explaining what I thought Nintendo thinks of who has priority, those were not my personal affairs.

I would comment on other peoples movesets...maybe I'll make my own....interesting....I'll see you in 5 minutes....BWUAHAHA!

BTW: Celda doesn't have to have the Triforce. He could use the King of Red Lions boat from the cover of WW. There are other possibilities, though he would still be part of LoZ franchise.

Actually, what would they call him? Probably Young Link, just to differentiate from TP Link, but then people like Dweller [who insist Celda is the same as Young Link] would win....and that cannot be allowed. No offense tho. =)
In all honesty. Do you think they will give him an original symbol? I rest my case.

IKillCauseOfVGs

Smash Cadet
The boat from WW would keep him in that game, he wouldn't be able to represent the other Celda's so he couldn't use their abilities, the Triforce makes sense since he does have it, and it is the symbol for the entire LoZ series.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
You tell it like it is Eaode! roflcopter

OK, since everyone else makes a moveset, all i've done is comment, I made my own, just the B moves, the A's are pretty much sword attacks, nothing hard about those to make.

B : Bow. However, this bow has the elements found in his game(s). Fire/Ice/Light. I suggest one of them, or maybe even a rotation between them. First arrow is Fire, then Ice, then Light. Rinse and repeat. Or randomize it, basically giving each a 33.33% [repeating of course] chance to spawn. Now, uncontrollability in video games is a liability, so the arrows would all have the same trajectory, speed, and dynamics. The only difference is the landing effect. Light would have a hit radius, Fire [Melee Fire], Ice maybe more knockback or some such effect.

Forward B [Smash B] : Four Sword Attack. When activated, spawns one of his copies from Four Swords Adventure to attack once. This copy would have the homing capacity of Samus's Red [B-tilt] Missles and speed of maybe Falcon Kick. It would attack with one slash and then vanish like a Fox Illusion. Who says Boomerang is a Link staple? Not I! :laugh:

Up B : Ballad of Gales. Somewhat like FireFox where you can be hurt if you touch it. HotW pulls out his Wind Waker and sings the ballad. He is surrounded by a twister. This twister moves him like FireFox except without the load time at the beginning where Fox/Falco are charging up. HotW cannot move in 360 degree's like Fox/Falco, just 180 degree's/semi-circle in front of him. He can move in any of those directions, as long as it is in that semi-circle spreading out. Or the Deku Leaf like others have suggested, I like that too.

Down B : Gust Jar. Whips it out from behind him like where most characters pull things out from. It points up and sucks in. Essentially a stronger Kirby Suck. However, once someone is inside, the jar aims down to shoot. The effect is basically a meteor.

GenG

Smash Lord
My turn. I pretend on exploiting WW Link unique moves in many goofy ways.

B ~ Deku Leaf: I love the Deku Leaf, it's one of the most recognisable items in WW. Plus it has two purposes, like in Wind Waker. In ground, it creates a air burst, and in the air, Link uses the DL to float and gain distance (for recovery or faking). The air burst works like this: Link swings the Leaf backwards for half a second, and then swings forwards creating the burst. The burst travels forward to mid distance, and then disappears. It has low damage, but nice knockback. If the enemy is shielding, the wind will push them back but they won't take damage. For keeping them at the bay.
The DL could be used many times while airborne, but there is a bit of lag recovery between them, so it's punishable if you fail the fake move.

Forward+B ~ Gust Jar: Ok, if the Deku Leaf kept enemies at bay, this literally swallows them to him. In ground, it does as explained, attracts enemies placed in front of him (mid distance). In air, you can burst air for damage and air movement in a 90º range. Just press fB and quickly a direction, for example, right-down. Link will move to up-left then. Got the idea?

Up+B ~ Hurricane Spin: His almighty Hurricane Spin, a WW Link exclusive (you can only use it in WW, FS and MC) and his trademark move. If you press uB once, well, it's a plan spin, low damage, knockback, but low recovery. But if you smash the B button you'll start to spin faster and harder, able to move horizontally and catching people into your spin for damage. So it's a mix of Luigi's dB and Link's uB. But if you abuse the smashing, you'll become dizzy. So watch out.

Down+B ~ Wind Waker: I love this idea. Link grabs his baton in a funny stance, but while holding it you can't attack or move at all, you are defenseless. Now you can play a song by simply moving the baton in 5 directions. You retreat the baton pressing B again. You can use it in the air too, you gain a momentum. The songs:
· Requiem of Wind (Up, Left, Right): You can choose the direction of the wind afterwards, to slow enemies or to power up the effectiveness of the Deku Leaf (longer air burst and better recovery).
· Song of Passing (Right, Left, Down): Just a nice easter egg or a taunt. The whole stage goes from day to night or viceversa.
· Command Melody (Left, Middle, Right, Middle): Neat. You can manipulate a near enemy (I think a sound wave comes from the baton if someone touchs it, bam! possesed) for three seconds, but won't at low %. You can force them to suicide! But it's punishable.
· Ballad of Gales (Down, Right, Left, Up): I don't wether this should be a recovery or a damaging move. If recovery > An damaging teleport (the wind trail does damage to whoever touch it). If damaging > Link casts a tornado with average speed that goes forward, mid to high damage.

Special Move ~ Four Sword: 3 Links appear. Each of them have 1/4 of WW Link's attack power but just 1/2 of former knockback and 1/3 of the original's weight. They have a cruel melee AI level and last for 20 seconds. They hunt for their nearer enemy to punish them without using special moves. They disappear by a kill, like Nana, (they start at 0% but can be wiped off if they sustain high damage since low weight) or when the time runs out. There is friendly fire among all Links.

The Hammer could be his forward smash, while most moves being sword swipes and other items.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
My turn. I pretend on exploiting WW Link unique moves in many goofy ways.

B ~ Deku Leaf: I love the Deku Leaf, it's one of the most recognisable items in WW. Plus it has two purposes, like in Wind Waker. In ground, it creates a air burst, and in the air, Link uses the DL to float and gain distance (for recovery or faking). The air burst works like this: Link swings the Leaf backwards for half a second, and then swings forwards creating the burst. The burst travels forward to mid distance, and then disappears. It has low damage, but nice knockback. If the enemy is shielding, the wind will push them back but they won't take damage. For keeping them at the bay.
The DL could be used many times while airborne, but there is a bit of lag recovery between them, so it's punishable if you fail the fake move.

Forward+B ~ Gust Jar: Ok, if the Deku Leaf kept enemies at bay, this literally swallows them to him. In ground, it does as explained, attracts enemies placed in front of him (mid distance). In air, you can burst air for damage and air movement in a 90º range. Just press fB and quickly a direction, for example, right-down. Link will move to up-left then. Got the idea?

Up+B ~ Hurricane Spin: His almighty Hurricane Spin, a WW Link exclusive (you can only use it in WW, FS and MC) and his trademark move. If you press uB once, well, it's a plan spin, low damage, knockback, but low recovery. But if you smash the B button you'll start to spin faster and harder, able to move horizontally and catching people into your spin for damage. So it's a mix of Luigi's dB and Link's uB. But if you abuse the smashing, you'll become dizzy. So watch out.

Down+B ~ Wind Waker: I love this idea. Link grabs his baton in a funny stance, but while holding it you can't attack or move at all, you are defenseless. Now you can play a song by simply moving the baton in 5 directions. You retreat the baton pressing B again. You can use it in the air too, you gain a momentum. The songs:
· Requiem of Wind (Up, Left, Right): You can choose the direction of the wind afterwards, to slow enemies or to power up the effectiveness of the Deku Leaf (longer air burst and better recovery).
· Song of Passing (Right, Left, Down): Just a nice easter egg or a taunt. The whole stage goes from day to night or viceversa.
· Command Melody (Left, Middle, Right, Middle): Neat. You can manipulate a near enemy (I think a sound wave comes from the baton if someone touchs it, bam! possesed) for three seconds, but won't at low %. You can force them to suicide! But it's punishable.
· Ballad of Gales (Down, Right, Left, Up): I don't wether this should be a recovery or a damaging move. If recovery > An damaging teleport (the wind trail does damage to whoever touch it). If damaging > Link casts a tornado with average speed that goes forward, mid to high damage.

Special Move ~ Four Sword: 3 Links appear. Each of them have 1/4 of WW Link's attack power but just 1/2 of former knockback and 1/3 of the original's weight. They have a cruel melee AI level and last for 20 seconds. They hunt for their nearer enemy to punish them without using special moves. They disappear by a kill, like Nana, (they start at 0% but can be wiped off if they sustain high damage since low weight) or when the time runs out. There is friendly fire among all Links.

The Hammer could be his forward smash, while most moves being sword swipes and other items.
But what if 4 WW Links are fighting and they all get supers?

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Uncle Kenny, I'm not sure anything happens, a lot of people don't have rep points.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<::HINT::<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
I think I deserve rep points for having such a cool sig!:chuckle:

GenG,
The Deku Leaf seems quite slow and obsolete to the Wind Waker. (see: below) If anything, I would move it to Side-B and have it blast in the direction I pointed.

The Gust Jar I'll take. Although mine has the twist of pointing up, good against those pesky Link Dair.

Hurricane Spin is like DK's UpB I see. And we complain that he needs better recovery. Maybe it's just me, but too many spin moves as it is. {IC, Link, DK, Bowser, Mario/Doc, Luigi, Kirby air Hammer, Jiggs roll(lesser extent)]. But that's just me.

The songs are WAY too complicated for Smash. Those are for normal fighting games. If anything, they would be simplified to just Up, Down, Side(s) instead of the semi-circles and such. Also, I believe the DED is the only "complicated" B move, since it seems Sakurai is not a fan of complex B moves.

I'm not saying the moveset is not impressive, I just think you tried too hard. Smash is simple, let's keep it that way.

burrito

Smash Lord
I think it would be awesome if for cel shaded Link's smashes he would split into two briefly and they would both attack.

burrito

Smash Lord
That was the point of my Forward-B in my movelist. Basing after Four Swords Adventure.
Oh really? I think I missed your moveset.*goes back to find it*

Oh, I think it would more interesting for his A smashes though because we have to make sure that Link has some original A attacks that aren't just like generic sword attacks. There's only a certain amount of ways one can swing a sword.

For example, Link's down+A would make Link split into two Links, back to back, and they would both slash in the opposite directions, instead of him just break dancing or slashing in both directions.

GenG

Smash Lord
Kabyk-Greenmyst said:
GenG,
The Deku Leaf seems quite slow and obsolete to the Wind Waker. (see: below) If anything, I would move it to Side-B and have it blast in the direction I pointed.
The recovery was pretty obvious, but I think the air burst could be interesting.

Kabyk-Greenmyst said:
The Gust Jar I'll take. Although mine has the twist of pointing up, good against those pesky Link Dair.
Yeah, for the GJ I was thinking in the air movement it can provide by releasing air bursts, most movesets somehow forget this feature. I should limit this move to 3 uses per jump for example, to not make it broken.

Kabyk-Greenmyst said:
Hurricane Spin is like DK's UpB I see. And we complain that he needs better recovery. Maybe it's just me, but too many spin moves as it is. {IC, Link, DK, Bowser, Mario/Doc, Luigi, Kirby air Hammer, Jiggs roll(lesser extent)]. But that's just me.
Well, most of these moves aren't trademark of the characters owning them (so these are debatable, they can swap Kirby's hammer with another move for example), but I think the dizzy factor could be used for a great damaging move. And hey, it's funny. But I don't mind this move so much.

Kabyk-Greenmyst said:
The songs are WAY too complicated for Smash. Those are for normal fighting games. If anything, they would be simplified to just Up, Down, Side(s) instead of the semi-circles and such. Also, I believe the DED is the only "complicated" B move, since it seems Sakurai is not a fan of complex B moves.
The Wind Waker is the only musical instrument in Zelda that can be played just by pointing directions in the pad. This idea is very Smash friendly and can give a whole dimension to the character. There is no semicircle and button mashing, just directions, pretty simple. I still support this idea.
Even if you don't use it as an attack, you can still play music with it :chuckle:

burrito said:
For example, Link's down+A would make Link split into two Links, back to back, and they would both slash in the opposite directions, instead of him just break dancing or slashing in both directions.
This idea is somewhat similar to Naruto's clones in most games. Think for example in a forward smash: Link does a forward swipe. If you press A again (think about the old Link) a clone will appear behind you and make a falling slash on the enemy. If not smashes, it could be a DED-like move.

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
Okay, someone has suggested using every song from Windwaker. I'm not sure why you think something that complicated will work in a game lauded for its simplicity and depth. Of course, I feel like no one remembers my suggestion for a neutral B which works just as a Wind's Requiem, which causes a stage-wide wind, that one can directionally control. I thought THIS might be to complicated. If one doesn't pick a direction, I think the wind should go up or random.

Anyway, I thought of another aspect of a possible Gust Jar move. If used in the air, then, when it blows air out, THoW will spin in the air like a balloon letting all the air out.

Also Skull Hammer can be Smash B

^B- Deku Leaf

Recovery. Jumps up and floats down, or jumps up, comes down and blows air at enemies. When in air, he is very susceptible to wind from Wind's Requiem or Whispy Woods

B- Wind's Requiem

Creates a stage-wide wind that moves characters like Whispy Woods. Can be directionally controlled. Doesn't actually perform Wind's Requiem, just explains the move. THoW will probably just pull the Wind Waker out and point.

<>B- Skull Hammer

Big fugging hammer.

VB- Gust Jar

Gust Jar sucks from above, enemies could be pulled in, MAybe it could be picked up after, and thrown to release people. Maybe ThoW just spins it around, and lets the wind out downwards.

IKillCauseOfVGs

Smash Cadet
I love the idea of the four links being implemented into THoW's smash moves. I made a little smash A moveset based on what people have said so far and I made a little special move set too. Also I think there should be a different color Link for each smash attack, like Red Link for side smash, Blue Link for down smash and Purple Link for up smash.

Side A: Regular Link swings his sword forward, a second link appears and does the smash attack from Four Swords (the one where you double tap a direction and attack)

Down A: A second Link appears and the two of them do a low swipe in opposite dirrections.

Up A: Green Link does an upward swipe and then throws the second Link into the air for a follow up attack.

Down B: Link jumps into the air with Roc's Feather then smashes down, like in Four Swords (kinda like Yoshi's down B)

Side B: I was thinking using the fire rod, if you hold it down you shoot out fire but if you tap it a fireball shoots out of the end. (If not used as a special maybe this could be a down A tilt where you just shoot a puff of fire at the ground next to you)

Up B: In the air the Deku Leaf acts like Peach's Parasoul while on the ground you shoot out a gust of wind that blows back enemies or breaks their shield, like Mewto's down B or side B (I forget which)

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I'm not a fan of Four Swords for Smash attacks. This is because it would have EXTREME range, range not suited for A moves; if moved in, will get quite confusing seeing a second of yourself pop up all the time.

There are sword swipes that haven't been used yet. I'm working on WW Link's, just to spite Eaode...who has BETRAYED ME. ::sniffe::

I'm tryign to implement some funky things too, like using the shield to bash and such. I'll post it......probably in here, but not sure yet. I want it noticed so whats his name can put it in his list of movesets made by people, lol.

Ryu777

Smash Ace
It has been brought to my attention that alot of people are suggesting that I change the moveset around or add moves. If you meet this criteria, PM me and I will consider your revision to the moveset and respond telling you whether I will or will not take your advice, Its pretty cool to see this threa still alive, so... keep it going guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom