• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wind Waker Link's moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawriel

Smash Master
"Another" Link clone? As far as I'm concerned, he'll be the only one in Brawl. =P
But really, I don't see why everyone wants originality for originality's sake. Don't fix what isn't broken. Wind Waker Link used bombs, arrows, and so on. He had a completely different sword-fighting style, though. Why not start there if you want the character to be more different than he already is?
And if you do come up with other moves, at least make them... sensible.

A while ago, someone came up with a moveset that made WWLink use a lamp for the bair and a fishing rod for a fair or something like that. All sorts of random things. So why doesn't he use the lamp on the ground and only to hit behind himself, why use the rod in the air only...
Point is, this kid ain't Mr Game&Watch.

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
"Another" Link clone? As far as I'm concerned, he'll be the only one in Brawl. =P
But really, I don't see why everyone wants originality for originality's sake. Don't fix what isn't broken. Wind Waker Link used bombs, arrows, and so on. He had a completely different sword-fighting style, though. Why not start there if you want the character to be more different than he already is?
And if you do come up with other moves, at least make them... sensible.

A while ago, someone came up with a moveset that made WWLink use a lamp for the bair and a fishing rod for a fair or something like that. All sorts of random things. So why doesn't he use the lamp on the ground and only to hit behind himself, why use the rod in the air only...
Point is, this kid ain't Mr Game&Watch.
fine let me rephrase "another Link clone": being a Link clone again XD
yea i know, but most people want originality. I wouldn't give a **** if he was exactly the same as Young Link cuz i wouldnt change how to play my main
and admittedly, my specials that i made for him are bit awkward (wut i did with the hammer in the air; but hey, i wanted to keep my bomb combos. but for the sake of originality, i came up with something else...)

whoever said that mustve been high at the time...yer right tho, hes no Game&Watch. makes me think that the guy who had the Retro Link idea seem that way....(no offense if he's reading this)

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Hey why don't you make all his B moves sword moves? like his helm splitter and such that would be different.

Fawriel

Smash Master
That would make him a tiny Marth. *scratches head*

I think the one B move that could really be replaced is the up-b. The spin attack could easily be turned into a smash and an aerial move, up-b could be the leaf, and together with the grapple hook, that makes for a nifty recovery.

DrewbyDewby

Smash Apprentice
i think wind waker link should have an up b that can be charged up or makes him able to move like luigi when he uses it, maybe not quite as fast tho

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
Or, just call him Young Link....
NO! He's not Young Link. That's the point.

yea, but calling him Hero of Winds reps the "Celda" series. Young Link makes me think more of Ocarina of Time and A Link to the Past (and all the other games he was in) more than the Celda series....but thats IMO
Good point. Except he wasn't YL in ALttP.
"Celda"... that made me laugh...

I think young link should use some kind of sword, maybe some bombs...a boomerang of some sort...Ooh, definetly a Bow!
So true! How about that one move where he spins around with the sword out? Or maybe some weird leaf instead.

...I don't see that. "Hero of Winds" is specific to Wind Waker. It's not like all the other cell-shaded Links are Heroes of Wind, right?
"Young Link" actually seems to fit quite well in that respect because it's turned into the style for all the new younger incarnations of Link.
That's also true. In TMC, he's not the Hero of Winds. Nor is he (they) the Hero of Winds in FSA. However, if there were to be a cel-shaded Link in Brawl, it would most likely be the version from Wind Waker. That was the biggest and best cel-shaded LoZ adventure, and offers the most choice IMO. Hero of Winds FTW.

what? being another Link clone is what should be avoided. thats y i was being sarcastic...
Yeah. No more clones in Brawl!

Hey why don't you make all his B moves sword moves? like his helm splitter and such that would be different.
NO!

First off, Helm Splitter wasn't a WW move, although there was that one attack. Second, he's not Link without some type of other items! That's why he uses the bow, boomerang, and bombs.

That would make him a tiny Marth. *scratches head*

I think the one B move that could really be replaced is the up-b. The spin attack could easily be turned into a smash and an aerial move, up-b could be the leaf, and together with the grapple hook, that makes for a nifty recovery.
Yeah, I have to agree there. The grappling hook should totally be his Z, and the leaf should be his uB. Give him Ice Arrows, and modify the boomerang to make it more like it was in WW--for example, once it hits someone, you can tilt the control stick to change the direction it flies in; this can be done five times. And for the bombs...well, they're bombs. What can you do?

That's all I have to say for now.

Conker1

Smash Ace
I really hope WW Link isn't in Brawl. I played Wind Waker, I like his art style.

The last thing we need is two of the same character in the game. I don't care if they have different moves, I don't care if they're technically not the same character. A new version of an established character takes a spot from a more deserving, more unique character.

There also seems to be a double standard. People are all over having 2 Links in the game, but when people want, for example, another Pokemon Trainer they get shot down almost instantly. Not that I support another PT, I don't.

Hell, I'd rather have Tingle than WW Link.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
ylink_underestimted
Actually, most people earlier here said Hero of Winds was the best name for him.
Who cares what they said? There's no way he would not have Link in his name.

ylink_underestimted
His name isnt really going to be Wind Waker Link, cuz the cel-shadedness was in other games for LoZ too.
So? It was originally used in Wind Waker.

ylink_underestimted
Hero of Winds would be the likely choice IMO
I can almost guarantee you that they won't call him that. That's about as likely as them calling him Howdy Doody Link.

The way I see it, there are 4 possible names for this character:
1.Young Link
2.Wind Waker Link
3.Wind Link
4.Wind Hero Link

I'm willing to be anyone that if this version of Link appears in Brawl, he will have one of those 4 names.

I really hope WW Link isn't in Brawl. I played Wind Waker, I like his art style.

The last thing we need is two of the same character in the game. I don't care if they have different moves, I don't care if they're technically not the same character. A new version of an established character takes a spot from a more deserving, more unique character.

There also seems to be a double standard. People are all over having 2 Links in the game, but when people want, for example, another Pokemon Trainer they get shot down almost instantly. Not that I support another PT, I don't.

thats done, SAMUS=ZAMUS

Tingle was a d*** in WW...XD

@Twilight: well in ALttP, he had the same childish scream. *Ylink screams* thats y...
n the "Celda" thing, i got it from Kabyk-Greenmyst XD
the all swords for B's...no. Fawriel's right. itd make him another Marth...having the Parry moves wouldnt be too bad tho...vB is good with its Bombs, but for the sake of originality, if it were to be changed, well the ideas are weird (including mine...)

EDIT: Freeman: well for one, stop sounding like u know whats definitelys going to be in Brawl: anything can happen.
who cares? well people thought it was a good idea. it was even in the first page (well actually he said "hero of time", but he was going for something like hero of winds)
fine then. we'll call him WIND WAKER SUIT LINK". it was a good idea so just chill...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why do most WW Fans despise the character named Link...

I think they are Link haters...thus Zelda haters...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
thats done, SAMUS=ZAMUS

@Twilight: well in ALttP, he had the same childish scream. *Ylink screams* thats y...
the all swords for B's...no. Fawriel's right. itd make him another Marth...having the Parry moves wouldnt be too bad tho...vB is good with its Bombs, but for the sake of originality, if it were to be changed, well the ideas are weird (including mine...)
They don't have seperate selections though so it doesn't count

(Sorry...Double Post)

Chains

Smash Apprentice
No. WW link is a horrible idea. As annoying as he was, i would rather have Y. link. The WW link idea is as bad as the Paper Mario idea. "Hammer + new moveset! YAY." Seriously, come up with original - non clone characters.

They don't have seperate selections though so it doesn't count

(Sorry...Double Post)
so? they are still the same character. its like saving a spot in the selections, cuz they would have different attacks. CS Link would just be there but in his own spot, because Link's FS wont turn into because they still arent the same character.
No. WW link is a horrible idea. As annoying as he was, i would rather have Y. link. The WW link idea is as bad as the Paper Mario idea. "Hammer + new moveset! YAY." Seriously, come up with original - non clone characters.
thats wut some of us are trying to do: de-clone. wut makes him non-original tho? n wuts wrong with Paper Mario? even tho im neutral about it, he would still be different from Mario (he turns into a d*** plane)

Fawriel

Smash Master
I guess I understand where some of the haters are coming from. In a way, it's another Link indeed, while there could be Midna or someone instead, who is completely and utterly a different person.
But in my eyes, WW Link is almost as much a different person, as his personality is another one entirely, which is what I think matters. You have one mature, calm, kinda dreamy hero guy with a detailed, semi-realistic art-style with subdued color scheme that resembles water colors, and a bouncy, chipper and curious kid with a terribly expressive face and a cell-shaded art style. If they didn't wear a similar outfit and their position wasn't pretty much the same, you'd think them different characters.

I guess in the end, it all depends on how many characters you think there'll be and how much you fear for other characters you hope for. I don't doubt that we'll still get Midna if Sakurai deems her a good idea, for example, and I do doubt very much that we'll get the WW Link character update with a note saying "I actually wanted to add Sonic, but I decided to go with this little guy instead because the young Link of Melee was such a popular character. Isn't he just lovable?"

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I don't think that there will be any clones like there were in Melee. The closest thing we'll see to clones in this game, IMO, are people like Luigi. If WW Link gets in, I think he'll be as different from Link as Luigi is from Mario. He won't be a clone, but he won't be completely different either.

Darkurai

Smash Master
I cannot stress how much Wind Waker Link will not be a clone!
Maybe not in movesets.
But essentially, WWLink would be the same person.
What's the dictionary's definition of "clone" again?

thanks Fawriel. I think when people read that, they might think different of him. lol at the end paragraph XD

i think maybe he'll be an update after Brawl comes out. he might end up secret like Ylink.

EDIT: Freeman u mean Luigified right? (people told me that was wut its called O_o)
Darkurai: yea well the dictionary definition doesnt really have anything to do with Smash does it? plus, even if it was the literal term, he's still not the same person...also i stole your countdown sig XD

susu_atari

Smash Ace
Maybe not in movesets.
We're not talking about the dictionary definition. When talking about Smash Bros. if somebody refers to a character as a "Clone" it is ALWAYS because they share a virtually identical special moveset, ie. Captain Falcon and Ganondorf or Marth and Roy. Please learn your Smash lingo. Wind Waker Link has a very good chance of making it in, and there certainly isn't going to be LESS characters from Zelda in Brawl, as there were in Melee, is there?

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
All right, I step in again...

1. His art style has nothing to do with Brawl. Where'd that come from?
  2. THEY'RE NOT THE SAME CHARACTER! Jezus! They're completely different! I hate it when people refer to WWL as "going to be a clone of Link" or some other sh;t like that! It's idiotic!
  3. That's because you could have another PT as another costume. People want two Links in the game because...exactly that! They're two Links. Two very different Links. Get that in your head, people!
  4. That's 'cause you fail. Tingle is a piece of sh;t.

Who cares what they said? There's no way he would not have Link in his name.

So? It was originally used in Wind Waker.

I can almost guarantee you that they won't call him that. That's about as likely as them calling him Howdy Doody Link.

The way I see it, there are 4 possible names for this character:
1.Young Link
2.Wind Waker Link
3.Wind Link
4.Wind Hero Link

I'm willing to be anyone that if this version of Link appears in Brawl, he will have one of those 4 names.
About the names:
Young Link
He's not Young Link. He won't be like Young Link in Melee. He won't be called Young Link!
Wind Waker Link
Nope. They're not gonna call him that. Why would they? It makes no sense! Why would you wanna go to a tournament as "Wind Waker Lnik"?
Wind Link
Are...you serious? That's even worse than Wind Waker Link!
Wind Hero Link
Were you high when you came up with these?

thats done, SAMUS=ZAMUS

EDIT: Freeman: well for one, stop sounding like u know whats definitelys going to be in Brawl: anything can happen.
who cares? well people thought it was a good idea. it was even in the first page (well actually he said "hero of time", but he was going for something like hero of winds)
fine then. we'll call him WIND WAKER SUIT LINK". it was a good idea so just chill...
That was only the GBA version, I think. Not the original. If you read the maual, he's like 14 or something.

About your edit: so true!

...although, "Wind Waker Suit Link"? Are you serious? I hope for the sake of your existence that you're not...

First off, don't insult the awesome kid in the awesome green suit with the awesome conical hat that I awesomely main. Second, CSL is a great idea. Third, so is Paper Mario. Fourth...

Cel Shaded Link and Paper Mario ARE NOT CLONES!

I guess I understand where some of the haters are coming from. In a way, it's another Link indeed, while there could be Midna or someone instead, who is completely and utterly a different person.
But in my eyes, WW Link is almost as much a different person, as his personality is another one entirely, which is what I think matters. You have one mature, calm, kinda dreamy hero guy with a detailed, semi-realistic art-style with subdued color scheme that resembles water colors, and a bouncy, chipper and curious kid with a terribly expressive face and a cell-shaded art style. If they didn't wear a similar outfit and their position wasn't pretty much the same, you'd think them different characters.

I guess in the end, it all depends on how many characters you think there'll be and how much you fear for other characters you hope for. I don't doubt that we'll still get Midna if Sakurai deems her a good idea, for example, and I do doubt very much that we'll get the WW Link character update with a note saying "I actually wanted to add Sonic, but I decided to go with this little guy instead because the young Link of Melee was such a popular character. Isn't he just lovable?"
Thank you, Fawriel. I hope you live a long happy life and go to heaven. Or some crap like that.

I'll say it once, and I'll say it again: Midna will almost assuredly be accompanied by Wolf Link.

I don't think that there will be any clones like there were in Melee. The closest thing we'll see to clones in this game, IMO, are people like Luigi. If WW Link gets in, I think he'll be as different from Link as Luigi is from Mario. He won't be a clone, but he won't be completely different either.
That's true. Thankfully, I don't have to yell quite as much now. At you, anyway.

Maybe not in movesets.
NO! HE WOULD NOT! CSL is NOT the same as the Twilight Princess version of Link who is appearing in Brawl!

Here's the dictionary's definition of clone:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/clone said:
a cell, cell product, or organism that is genetically identical to the unit or individual from which it was derived.
Here's this site's definition of clone:
...NVM, it doesn't have one. I'll provide one, then:

A clone is a character with a near-exact copy of another character's moveset. The clone of the cloned character may be faster or slower, heavier or lighter, stronger or weaker. The attacks are usually slightly different. For example...

Original character: Link
--AND--
Clone character: Young Link

Young Link is faster, smaller, lighter, and weaker than his older counterpart Link. These are the differences in their movesets.

B: Link fires what look to be light arrows that go farther. Young Link fires fire arrows that take less time to fully charge.
^B: Link's Spin Attack hits an opponent once and sends them flying, making it a very effective KO technique. Young Link's hits many times, catching the opponent in the whirlwind of sword slashes, which means it does the same amount of damage, but is no good for KOs.
</>B: Link's boomerang is slightly larger and goes farther. Young Link's is smaller and does not go as far, but he has more influence over its trajectory.
vB: Link's bombs are larger and, as always, go farther when thrown. Young Link's, however, hit more times than Link's and are smaller, making it harder to see them coming.
Dair: If an opponent is hit with the hilt of Young Link's sword during his dair move, the opponent will be Meteor Smashed and flaming.
Z (or R+A/L+A): Link's Hookshot is longer, enabling him to grab opponents that are farther away and making it easier to use it as a recovery.

So you see, the dictionary definition of the word "clone" has no meaning in Super Smash Bros. Melee. Thank you. Buh-bye now.

Luh-hoo...zuh-her

Twilight: i shouldve put [/sarcasm] at the end...this is the reason i said that tho: people kept saying "Wind Waker Link" was going to be his name because its origin of style came from the game Wind Waker, which of course is the obvious reason why that should be his name ([/sarcasm] XD). Well, seeing as Zamus got her style from Metroid: Zero Mission, her name in Brawl became Zero Suit Samus. get me? yea...i was just trying to make a point...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
so? they are still the same character. its like saving a spot in the selections, cuz they would have different attacks. CS Link would just be there but in his own spot, because Link's FS wont turn into because they still arent the same character.

thats wut some of us are trying to do: de-clone. wut makes him non-original tho? n wuts wrong with Paper Mario? even tho im neutral about it, he would still be different from Mario (he turns into a d*** plane)
So you can't say that WWLink and regular link would be the same as Samus and Zero Suit Samus...First, you can't select Zero Suit Samus...Second, they count as 1 character, since they are the same character....

That still doesnt change the fact that CS Link and Link are different characters. You couldnt select Sheik in Melee(aside from Holding A, which doesnt count), but she/it still counted as a different character: you generally had to choose Zelda and use vB. Well, you have to use Samus' FS to be Zamus, thus being different(same person, different CHARACTER). Besides, PT isnt technically one character. CS Link and Link are still different characters in both ways: different people, different characters. Samus and Zamus were brought up to point out that there are already two of the same character, even tho CS Link and Link arent.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That still doesnt change the fact that CS Link and Link are different characters. You couldnt select Sheik in Melee(aside from Holding A, which doesnt count), but she/it still counted as a different character: you generally had to choose Zelda and use vB. Well, you have to use Samus' FS to be Zamus, thus being different(same person, different CHARACTER). Besides, PT isnt technically one character. CS Link and Link are still different characters in both ways: different people, different characters. Samus and Zamus were brought up to point out that there are already two of the same character, even tho CS Link and Link arent.
They shouldn't count as different characters and by all technicallity...don't

that was only because people used Shiek instead of Zelda in tournaments and never switched to Zelda and the fact they have different movesets...

Since Zero Suit Samus most likely won't be in tournaments due to her status...and the fact she IS Samus and the only way to get her is using her final Smash...It doesn't count as the same thing...

your talking about seperate characters with serperate movesets taking up a space on the select screen...Transformation characters won't take up spaces on the select screen so that doesn't count

I believe WWLInk will most likely be in...I'm just saying they aren't the same thing

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
Twilight: i shouldve put [/sarcasm] at the end...this is the reason i said that tho: people kept saying "Wind Waker Link" was going to be his name because its origin of style came from the game Wind Waker, which of course is the obvious reason why that should be his name ([/sarcasm] XD). Well, seeing as Zamus got her style from Metroid: Zero Mission, her name in Brawl became Zero Suit Samus. get me? yea...i was just trying to make a point...
Ah, gotcha. That's actually funny, now that I know what it means.

So you can't say that WWLink and regular link would be the same as Samus and Zero Suit Samus...First, you can't select Zero Suit Samus...Second, they count as 1 character, since they are the same character....
Who are the same character? If you're saying CSL and TPLink are the same, you're wrong. If you're talking about Samus and Zamus, you're still wrong. They're not the same character...they're the same person, like ylink said. They're different characters though.

You're right, ylink (or should I call you underestimted? Nah, I'll stick with ylink, 'cause it's shorter). Zelda and Sheik took up two pages in the Player's Guide--Zelda on one, Sheik on the next. That's how it'll be with Samus and Zamus, Psycho. They're different characters, but the same person.

They shouldn't count as different characters and by all technicallity...don't

that was only because people used Shiek instead of Zelda in tournaments and never switched to Zelda and the fact they have different movesets...

Since Zero Suit Samus most likely won't be in tournaments due to her status...and the fact she IS Samus and the only way to get her is using her final Smash...It doesn't count as the same thing...

your talking about seperate characters with serperate movesets taking up a space on the select screen...Transformation characters won't take up spaces on the select screen so that doesn't count

I believe WWLInk will most likely be in...I'm just saying they aren't the same thing
Zelda and Sheik? Different characters, same person. Zamus and Samus? Same thing. Link and Young Link? Same thing (they're just in, you know, different stages of their life). However: TPL and CSL? Two very, very different characters...and people.

TPL is an older, more responsible man who works on a ranch and is good with kids. They look up to him for guidance, come to him with problems, and generally want to be around him. He obviously has a crush on Ilia. He lives a relaxing life near the forest of Ordon.

CSL, however (let's base this off WW), is a young boy who lives on the island of Outset. He has no responsibilities at all, and lives a carefree life with his grandmother and sister. He knows the kids and plays with them, and has no interest in girls at all.

Not to mention the fact that they're from two very different games and have very different adventures with the very different storylines and very different items. CSL=/=young TPL. CSL=his own d@mn, kick@$$ character.

...Just like TPL.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ah, gotcha. That's actually funny, now that I know what it means.

Who are the same character? If you're saying CSL and TPLink are the same, you're wrong. If you're talking about Samus and Zamus, you're still wrong. They're not the same character...they're the same person, like ylink said. They're different characters though.

You're right, ylink (or should I call you underestimted? Nah, I'll stick with ylink, 'cause it's shorter). Zelda and Sheik took up two pages in the Player's Guide--Zelda on one, Sheik on the next. That's how it'll be with Samus and Zamus, Psycho. They're different characters, but the same person.

Zelda and Sheik? Different characters, same person. Zamus and Samus? Same thing. Link and Young Link? Same thing (they're just in, you know, different stages of their life). However: TPL and CSL? Two very, very different characters...and people.

TPL is an older, more responsible man who works on a ranch and is good with kids. They look up to him for guidance, come to him with problems, and generally want to be around him. He obviously has a crush on Ilia. He lives a relaxing life near the forest of Ordon.

CSL, however (let's base this off WW), is a young boy who lives on the island of Outset. He has no responsibilities at all, and lives a carefree life with his grandmother and sister. He knows the kids and plays with them, and has no interest in girls at all.

Not to mention the fact that they're from two very different games and have very different adventures with the very different storylines and very different items. CSL=/=young TPL. CSL=his own d@mn, kick@$$ character.

...Just like TPL.

I was talking about he shouldn't compare 2 different characters on the select screen to transformation characters...What's the difference between character and person?

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
I was talking about he shouldn't compare 2 different characters on the select screen to transformation characters...What's the difference between character and person?
Link and Young Link are the same person, but not the same character. They are both Link (the same Link in this case, which is why TPL and CSL aren't the same person), but they have different movesets, so they are different characters. I'm pretty sure that's what ylink is getting at.

i only brought the 2 up because some CSL haters say there shouldnt be two Links(some are referring CSL to being a Link clone if u will). so i was just trying to say that there are already 2 Samus'...then me n Psycho got into a little quarrel about comparing the Links and Samus'...
Link and Young Link are the same person, but not the same character. They are both Link (the same Link in this case, which is why TPL and CSL aren't the same person), but they have different movesets, so they are different characters. I'm pretty sure that's what ylink is getting at.
pretty much wut i was trying to say...oh yea just call me ylink. underestimated is fine tho (ive been called that a few times). or u could call me by my "gamer" name: Pare`(d*** how do u put the little accent over the E?)

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
OK, I'm one of the most pro-Cel-Shaded Link people around, but I do have to dispute one thing with you Twilight Hero. Our favorite Hero of Winds is NOT our other pointy-eared Hero of Time. CSL could be called an incarnation of Adult Link from OoT; some even argue he's not related at all. But it states in the opening of WW that OoT Link(TP Link included) is long gone:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rEoRavExhfo

And in general:
CSL -

Yes, this has been officially stated by Nintendo to be the modern new "official" look of Young Link. So OoT Young Link and MM Young Link are just that, game-specifc Young Link's. As it stands on this day of Sept. 2, 2007, "Young Link" refers to the generic cartoony character shown above. He encompasses WW, 4 Swords, Minish Cap, and WW:phantom Hourglass. They're all the same character, and is not the same person as Adult Link.

As far as I remember from reading it on a site a long time ago, this is the timeline:
EDIT:
<--TP---------OoT--MM---------------------------------------WW--PH--------------->

Without time-travelling, there's no way Adult Link (or OoT/MM Young Link for that matter) could be the same person as WW Link.

BTW: This is all fine and dandy, but it doesn't have as much to do with smash as a unique moveset, well, there are plenty of movesets out there for WW Link that are completely unique, especially from Adult Link. Mine and Y.Link Underestimated are just two examples (and the links are in each of our sig's.)

Legolastom

Smash Hero
As far as I remember from reading it on a site a long time ago, this is the timeline:

<----OoT--MM-------TP--------------------------------------WW----------------->
WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG The timeline (IMO goes like this)

OOT (Adult) - WW - PH
OOT (Child) - MM - TP

And the split time line has been confirmed but seriously TP could IN NO WAY come after OOT.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
OH yea, you're right. I forgot TP was before OoT, silly me.
EDIT:
I know they should be split, but for my argument, it was the timeline of the places the games take in that I was referring to. I didn't put PH bcuz it's a sequel, so it's pretty obvious where it goes.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
OH yea, you're right. I forgot TP was before OoT, silly me.

I know they should be split, but for my argument, it was the timeline of the places the games take in that I was referring to.

... TP was never before OOT...

But what i don't quit get your last sentence.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
How does OoT Adult go into WW when WW Link is Young Link?

And for my argument, it was much simpler to use the combined timeline. And I do remember now that TP was claimed to be before OoT....or was it after? Either way, it's not very far away whether it's before or after. My point was that WW is very far in the future, so there's no way it could be the same person.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
No TP wasn't before OOT seriously have you played both games? (If you have then just think about it for more than a second).

Anyways anyone who thinks that any Link (Except for these three: PH Link, MM Link, LA Link and Zelda2 Link) are the same then thats just... ********.

(I don't think he was anyway unless i missed something...)

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
to your second comment, I know. That's what I was proving with the timeline and such, that they're not the same character.

And I guess TP was before. I never worried about it much, and it didn't reallyl interact with the story of TP either, as much as WW at least, so I guess it just slipped my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom