• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wind Waker Link's moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

TxuZz

Smash Cadet
I've been thinking of this moveset for a while, and it would protect ww link from becoming a clone. BTW, windwaker link is not actually link, he is a new hero of time who happens to come from an island where it is customary for young men to wear clothes that look suspiciously like Link's. Therefore, his name should be "hero of time" or something like that, can you imagine the announcer saying "WIND WAKER LINK!" :teeth: anyway, here it is:

B: SKull Hammer- WW LInk (for lack of a better name) heaves the hammer over his head and slams it infront of him, making a shockwave sort of like DK's B-down. You can hold B to charge it and can chrage it for about as long as Marth's Shieldbreaker. While charging, the hammer not only gains strength, but also, winw waker link will slam it up to four or five times, rather thn just once.

B_up: Deku Leaf - When used on the ground, wind waker link will send out a tornado, sort of likke the one from ssb 64, but half the height and speed. In the air, it will act like peachs parasol, except he will not get an upward boost, he will only glide horozontially.

B_over: Boomerang - WW Link throws the boomerang alot like normal link, but after it is thrown, he is in a trance, sort of like ness's up-b. During this trance, link can change the trajectoryof the boomerang up to five times. After he has changed it the ffth time, the boomerang hits the gorund, or the boomerang hits an opponent, link can move again and the boomerang will return to him.

B_down: Iron boots - Alot like kirby's stone, once the boots pop onto hero of time, he will plummet to the ground. however, these will be special, once they are on ww link can keep them on as long as he wants. As long as the boots are on, it is as if WW link is at 0.5 damage ratio. However, while the boots are on, everything link does will be 50% slower and 50% laggier. the boots wil pop on and off as quickly as they do in windwaker, allowing Hero of Time to be fought in two compltely different ways.
- no spin attack?

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
i cant remember where i got it, but i found something that sed mr g&w, ice climbers :( and even more sadly young link werent returning. but i cant find it anymore n theres no other thing that ses that. but w/e i jus wanted to put a moveset that im pretty sure ppl will respond to

B - Skull Hammer - WW Link swings the hammer down and makes a shockwave. if enemies are only hit by the shockwave, it makes a knockback similar to the end of ylinks spin attack. if enemies get hit by the hammer on the ground, the shockwave rapidly hits them 3-4 times. but while in air, it makes a spike.
Up_B - Deku Leaf - on the ground it makes a "ball of wind" with a small knockback (kind of like Peachs turnips) that can also be aimed up. Link can move after he unleashes the wind, but hes vulnerable beforehand which can interfere with the attack. in air, it acts as a parachute. when u press B during so, it can lift Link a bit higher and affect enemies, but only 3 times.
->_B - i like Ryu777s version of WW Links boomerang. jus that wen he throws it he doesnt look like hes in a trance, but just focused on the boomerang and wen hes attacked it automatically comes back BUT only wen you hold Bu can do all that trajaectory stuff . id like it to work like Ylinks regular boomerang :)
Down_B - i also like Ryu777s version of the iron boots but while there on, they could jus be as if Link got a metal box and they can only be on for 3/4 the time of a metal box which is like 9 sec (yes i timed it) OR they could jus bring back the bomb cuz on Ylink that was a big part of some of my combos XD
Smash Attack - a spin attack like in the beginning of wind waker, so only one spin
Grab - Grappling Hook - would work jus like Ylinks hookshot (like for the recovery) but with less lag if u miss
Final Smash - Wind's Requiem - a huge wind that blows across the screen (a little like Marios Mario Finale). then the aftermath of the attack could leave a small tornado randomly put in place for around 5 sec
costumes - normal, red, black, white, WW Links regular clothes for blue, and Ylink style (dont wanna miss him too much)
aerials - the only air attacks i really wnna return are Ylinks ADA (including the fire spike) and his ANA (that move was killer). i also use Ylinks AFA and AUA while SHFFLing but i wouldnt really mind if they were gone. Ylinks Tilt attacks could stay tho, esp his Down-tilt.

there that was it. apparently i found myself really bored but i thot they were pretty good ideas. reply back if u want :p

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
i liked the move set ideas but being the only character with a cartoony look wouldnt fit the game. Don't get me wrong i love WW its just if they have an adult link they shouldnt have a ww or young one.
Well he's cel-shaded, as is Kirby, Pikachu, Groundon, Dr. Wright, etc. He could fit, trust me!

ALSO w00t, I got a link to the WW Link for Brawl thread [aka this thread], on the Brawl character index thread....and since I tried it 3 times kaid was nice enough to put it on the top of the Zelda characters! :)

Originally Posted by Lord Kirby
noooooooooooo nooooooooooooo. no clones in any way. besides, wind waker was stupid!
Well stop being baised for a sec, and look at the stats.

-Wind Waker was the #1 selling Gamecube game that didn't have Mario in it.
-Wind Waker sold over 3 million units.
-Phantom Hourglass [Wind Waker's sequal with the same Link] sold almost as many units as Ocarina of Time did in the first two weeks it was for sale in Japan, and Ocarina of Time sold 8 milllion units.

So add that, 7 million units, plus 3 million=10 million units. More units sold in two games than the entire F-Zero series, EarthBound/Mother series, Fire Emblem series, Animal Crossing Series, Star Fox series, etc. In other words, the only Nintendo series to sell more than those two games will are Metroid, Mario, tLOZ, Donkey Kong, and Pokemon! ;) DOMINANCE!

And saying WW sucked is retarted. Stop being baised and look at the stats. WW Link is almost for sure! ;)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
i want to play WW but it is so expensive
It's a Player's Choice game, so it should be about $20 about now. It's a good game, tied for the 4th best Zelda game IMO [tied with MM, and right behind OOT and ALTTP, while TP pwns all like a n00b]. Trust me, you'll like it. ;)

btw, I'm a cheapscape. Got a Wii, and I'm buying PS2 and GCN games for like $6 each [new]. HEHE, DKC 1-3 [minus 2], MGS3, MP [dumb disc I lost], etc. pwn! :)

~My Wind Waker Link moveset [revised]~

IMO, I say it WW Link's B moveset should be:

nB: Bow: Since I think Link's will be upgraded, WW Link should keep the old one. It should be the fire arrow still, and it should be able have less lag to pull out, for super spamming.

<B>: Boomerang: With Link getting the Gale Boomerang, and it probably is more of a damage racker than stun or impact move, I say WW Link's boomerang should be a good stunner, doing 20% less damage than Link's boomerang. It's stun is perfect for combos, and doing a full on spam charage against your enemy (simliar to Falco's laser, little damage, good impact for high comboability).

uB: Spin Attack: Spin Attack, Spin Attack, Spin Attack. We love the spin attack, it is a good move (though many overuse it, Link's is great for defensive positioning). It should stay similar to YLink's, being a damage racker, but it should do more damage, and at the end it does a good impact hit, with good stun. With that siad, it wouldn't be a KOable move, unless you get your opponent way up in the 700 percentile area! :grin: It can rack up to 17% or 18% damage.

Also, it would be neat is you could hold uB, you do the hurrican spin, with a insane amount of damage racking ability, but little impact and great stun to combo the hell out of your opponents. However, it takes 3 seconds to charge, and it can do up to 40% damage. The final spin slice does good impact and extremely godo stun, hitting your opponent far. However, if you miss the final slash, you'll be vulnerable (dizzy) for 3 seconds. You're vulnerable for 3 seconds even if you hit the final slash on the super spin attack, but the impact is good enough to keep your opponent trying to recover for over 3 seconds.

It is KOable on the light characters around 150%, and for the heaviest of characters around 190%. Hard to work, and it doesn't stop, unless you press B again. It's max time is 6 seconds (it goes insanley fast like MK's nA continual), and for 2 every second you do it, when you press B you're vulnerable (dizzy) for 1 second (2 frames=1 frame vulerable). If your opponent does any non-smash or strong/long range special attack on you and your sword hits it, you run through them.

Also, if your oppnent does a long range attack and hits your blade, you stop doing the spin attack 5 spins (1 spin=2%, and you do 4 spins per second), and then contiunes unless cancelled (in which you won't be vulnerable! ;). If your opponent does a smash attack or strong melee B attack, then WW Link does 3 less slashes, and you are vulnerable (though you can press Z to cancel). you can control which way you go doing this attack, and can jump (it's like a short hop) while doing this (you'll continue swinging), and it is controlled with the controll stick. Really in depth, lol! :chuckle:

dB: Bombs: The bombs returning would make WW Link the ultimate spam artillary character! With nB as the fast and chargeable decent damage and some shorter combos, <B> being the stunner and impact for all sorts of combos, the bombs should be the damage racker one. It would be diffrent from bombs in the past, doing 9% damage this time, and taking about 30% the time to pull out (I hate the lag). It does barely any impact (it couldn't even Ko someone at 999% damage most the time0, but it does good stun, and good damage.

Great for long range spamming, and this time WW Link can throw it farther on ground by a good margin over YLink, but just barely further than Y Link in terms of throwing it midair. This is my fav, giving WW Link the most spam attacks in the game, and that gives him so many options of approaching the opponent! Also, combined with WW Link's wavedashing (or wavelanding) (which is decent, about Fox's, if no a tad bit longer) and his shorthopping, he can do a good spam combo, like Falco's shorthop (with or without Wavedashing). Plus, the time to pull out the bombs can be done during wavedashing=options=YES! :)

Good for recovery, but I feel it is kinda unneccissary, since WW Link would already have the spin attack, and his hookshot and/or grapple hook. But hey, it would work, and you never know, but overall I think it would overpower WW Link, and we want the tiers as balanced as possible, so I'll hold back! :)

Sorry it is a bit long, but it is very detailed. Hope it's useful, and any comments on my list of WW Link's B moveset would be appreciated! :) O, and like L Cancel said, Wind Waker Link for Brawl (foos)! :)

Here, I'll make part of a A moveset:

A: slash downward 3%

AA:sdown slash, rising slash 5% (3%, 2%)

AAA:down slash, rising slash, horizontile (side up) slash 9% (3%, 2%, 4%)

A hold (previously A repeatiately push): same as AAA, but then crazy slashes liuke MK, going in the same order as AAA, but then the opposite side horizontile slash (side down), then the same thing but the other angle of horizontle slashes, then a sideways slash one way, and then another the opposite way, and then repeat.

running A: WW Link does a quick jump slash forward, most oftenly hitting the opponent's head or upper body (the A counter used against the Darknuts in WW). 7% Decent damage, small impact, and well above aveerage stun for rA attacks.

<A> smash: Jump Slash: Link does a jumping slash, and does good damage. It's basically A forward while in lock-on mode in all the 3D zeldas. In fact, it is exactly like that. 16%-24%. Very comboable, does good impact (good for combos, not KOs), and a bit above average stun.

dAtilt: Link does a quick and ever powerful slash down. This does 12% damage, and does good damage, good impact, but only about 5 frames stun max. Good for racking damage, and is sorta like Fox's dAtilt in Melee, though isn't as good for KO'ing opponents.

dAsmash: Same as in Melee, a slash forward and back, but this time with more damaging swings. Each do 15%-23% damage, and does considerably good damage, good impact just enough to move away or to oponents, not really for Koing except in the 200%'s), and little stun.

uAtilt: WW Link swings upward in a sideways upswing, doing small damage, but can be pressed (maybe held like the nA attacks now) for repeatided use. Does 3% damage, but can be repeated as a combo, and has average stun, some impact. After about 15%-20% they can break free (they can also break free before then), but this combo really only works when they are in the 0%-40% percentiles, or 50% for heavier characters. This move requires timing in the first slash, and knowing when to use it, when to stop using it, and how to combo after finishing using it. Perfect for WW Link IMO

uAsmash: This is where I begin to get more crafty! WW Link angles his body up, swings up in the air, 3 times in a stabbing motion, much like the dAair or uAair of Link's and YLink's. This can do anyhwere from 16% if all 3 are hit to 28% (4%-6%, 6%-10%, 6%-12%).

The first hit is the most comboable, and does just enough impact to make the opponent mid air or on ground to rise for the next slash, and stunned enough for the next slash. The 2nd slash is the weakness: it does more damage, does some impact, but barely enough stun to keep the enemy stunned for the final slash. Most the time the final slash will be slashed, and it does good damage, barely any stun outside of the character being hit up hard, and very KOable in terms of impact. If your opponent is at 170% it is basically a guarenteed a KO even with the heaviest of characters, at the lowest charged full uAsmash combo.

nAair: WW Link does a swift stab, doing minimal damage (7%), little impact, and great stun. If you do this while shorthopping you can go combo-crazy into a sAtilt or sAsmash. A perfect air to land combo move, or land to air to land combo as well!

<A>air: WW Link slashes forward hard, doing a frongflip while still slashing. A good damage racker (does 14%), has little lag (5 frames), barely any stun (njk), great impact (very KOable in the 150%'s). Perfect for doing a one hit damage racker, KOing your opponent, or for just hitting your opponent to kill them while they try recoverying via air!

Also, it is great for distancing yourself from your opponent, and allowing you time to spam with your B moves! Can be used in many offensive and defensive ways! Think of it as a useful move in many fields, but keep in mind 5 frames can be the game, and timing is everything with this attack!

dAair: Swordplant: WW Link downthrusts his sword, into the ever famous swordplant formation/positioning! (how to kill Ganondorf: Stab him in the F***** head when he;s 10 times your size=this moment is screwattack.com's #1 in their top ten ways to die! XD) WW Link's stab normally does (17%) good damage, great stun, and some impact (especially if you do it 3 times). Here is where it gets intrstesting, in that this move can be comboed again and again, and again.

The 2nd time it does 14% damage (a tad bit above average), more (good) stun, and more (decent) impact, and the 3rd (and most often final), it does 13% damage (average), good stun, and barely any impact. Landing three is hard, and more than not you'll only get one, but you can land three every few matches. Also, continuing the swordplant isn't the only combo for this anymore. You can go and press A to cancel the swordplant fast, and combo/damage your opponent while their stunned.

This has just decent stun, and can be pretty intresting. You can attack and customize this attack in multiple ways and from multiple angles, a lot more so than YLink's or Link's in Melee or SSB64. It has noticeably less lag, and more comboability. Also, the DI control really kicks in. Holding down on the control stick makes you go down faster, and you can add 1%-3% more damage doing so, as well as very KOable impact (in the 140%'s the full down DI is basically a instant KO, though against good smashers you will never hit them this way).

If you click sideways on the control stick or more upwards, you can also cancel this attack, as well as with the A and Z buttons. This move is very useful, but not one to pull out. Also, the end lag (where you're sword is in the ground) is virtually 90% less, and allows you more time to move. Plus the DI and swordplany cancelling kicks in, for more help for WW Link from being a lag machine!

uAair: Upplant or Upstab: Wind Waker Link stabs straight upwards with a very damaging stab. It does great damage (17%), below average stun, and only some impact. Great for being used when short hopping and your opponent is on a platform above you, jumped above you, you hit them up (whether they're stunned or not), or they simply jumped or are above you. Has only 6 frames pre-attack lag, and 2 frames post-attack lag.

If done correctly with shorthopping you could get three hits in, though unlikely. Good for individual damage, and some combos. A very all-around move to say the least that is good in air vs. ground (you) type of situations, whether it is done offensively or defnesively! Great for basically anything, though it should only be pulled out maybe 6 to 10 times per match preferably, but you never know what type of situation you'll be in, so it is kinda hard to judge how and when to use this attack IMO to be honest!

grabs:

Grabbing opponent: Hookshot: Wind Waker Link shoots out his hookshot, and grabs opponent. If missed there are 6 frames of vulnerability, and 2 frames of pre-attack lag. If grab is successful, there are anyhwere from 2-10 frames of lag to pull them in. Know your distancing from them in this in FFA's or teams (epsecially teams), because you don't want to be vulnerable to other opponents.

Basic grab hits: Link holds his enemy with his hookshot, while he slashes up to down horizontily, down to up horizontily, and then the opposite of on each sides. 2% and 3%. (15-20 frames lag inbetween each hit)

Up throw: Wind Waker Link grabbing them with his hookshot pulls them in, aims them up, and stabs them. Does massive damage for a grab throw (10%), does well below average impact (just enough to escape), and barely any stun (3 frames=just enough to escape). More of a one hit move than comboable, but does good damage for racking up damage on enemies in the 50%-90% percentile ranges. (4 frames post-attack lag)

Down Throw: Wind Waker Link kciks them into the floor. Does well below average damage (5%), GREAT impact, decent stun, and best of all makes your opponent slam into the ground, and then slide off 6 or so feet. Intesting and origianal, and if you're quick you can use your dAair on them, and maybe pull off a combo if timed right, but that is something only the better players cna pull off, unless you're lucky! ;) (3 frames post-attack lag)

Side Forward Throw: Wind Waker Link lets go of his opponent with his hookshot, and barely pushes them forward (doing no damage). Then he quickly slashes, and they get hit and fly back. Does above average damage (7%), does good impact for most grabs, and has little stun. It is more of a spacing, defensive, and spam attack preperation grab then anything else. More of a setup then a way to rack damage or combo your enemies! More of a situation grab than a use regulary grab, you gotta know/feel when to use this one! ;)

Side Back Throw: This one is intresting, I have a good idea. Wind Waker Link kicks them back (0% damage) while holding them, and he does a backfilp, and as he releases them, he slashes forward and hits them good. Does average damage (7%), barely any impact (other than they hit the ground and bounce back up), and exellent stun. The perfect grab throw for conbos and insane customibility, for sure.

Sdie Up Throw: Wind Waker Link throws his opponent up in a sideways angle, and throws his boomerang at them. Does below average damage (5%), barely any impact (you won't even see it), and GREAT stun (though they are often too high up to combo). If you know how to work this, you can enter spam mode, then combo off that, and do good damage. A move that isn't useful unless you know how to be creative, unorthodox, and highly original! :)

Z air: Link pulls out the grapple hook, and swings and smacks his opponent with it. Has lag (8 frames pre-attack, 4 frames post-attack), does very good damage (12%), does great stun, and does just barely any impact. Requires good timing, and if done short hoping or just above ground it's super comboable. However, in high air combat it isn't really comboable. But in air to land situations this move is perfect if you can time and deal with the lag. Something to work with, and get crazy and unorthodox with.

Also, like the Hookshot in Melee, the grapple hook can grab onto platforms and stages, but with less lag (8 frames to pull yourself in). It also has about 20% more range than Link's hookshot, a lot less lag, and just better all around. Great as a optional jump! :)

Taunt: Link drinks a red potion, and it takes about 1 1/2 minutes [a bit below 90 frames].

Victory 1: Wind Waker Link does his famous dance. We all know what I mean! :)

Victory 2: Wind Waker Link grasps the Master Sword, and swings it around like he did the first time he got it.

Victory 3: Wind Waker Link does a super spin attack, and goes crazy with it, thus getting very dizzy, and he colapses. XD

Final Smash: Link gets his Wind Waker, and summons two tornadoes, both with the two wind frog gods in them. They tear apart the stage, like Ho-oh and Lugia, minus being a instant KO.

Here is my previously posted B moveset for Wind Waker Link. With these two combined I have a complete moveset for Wind Waker Link, hope you enjoyed! :)

Edit: I redid the moveset, making only one option instead of tons, with a few new things at the end! ;)

jobustillos

Smash Rookie
They could make lots of links depending on their weapons. that way any link could be a cloone

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
They could make lots of links depending on their weapons. that way any link could be a cloone
They're all the same in terms of moves, minus WW Link, or Four Swords/FSA Link [which is the same, but 4 Links]. ;) So they don't really deserve it, they're all the same. WW Link, however, is completely diffrent! :)

ok, i'll edit this now and then, so if u saw in my sig that said EDITED, good for u!!! :chuckle: NOTE: wen i say Quick i mean no lag

my moveset is based off the WW game. others think up from the other games Cel-Shaded Link is in. thats good. mine is just a preview of wut this boy can do. i took some ideas from other ppl. plz dont get mad!

WW Link's main weapons are the Hero Sword and Shield. He hops around in one spot in his fighter stance.

Strength: *** (Attack color is Light Blue)
Speeed: **** (runs with the shield in front of him)
Jump: **** (Double_Jump is a bit higher than the first)
Weight: ** (Light character)
Traction: *** (like Ylinks in Melee)

The Announcer will say HERO OF WINDS
Standard_Combo: 1. Horizontal Slash 2. Counter H. Slash 3. Jump Spin Slash (see different attacks in WW)
Side_Tilt: Upwards vertical slash
Up_Tilt: Arc slash (same as Melee) but jumps
Down_Tilt: Crouching horizontal slash (same as Melee but with a backhand kind of look). So in other words, Spike! (Meteor Smash w/e u wanna call it)
Dash_Attack: A quick rolling thrust: Minor Lag
Side_Smash: 1 Spin Attack (like in the beginning of WW)
Up_Smash: Double spin jump slash (one facing front, next facing back)
Down-Smash: Crouching half spin (similar to ICs DSmash)
Nair(ANA): Sex Kick (same as Melee)
Fair(AFA): Half spin slash
Uair(AUA): Quick Backflip slash
Bair(ABA): A back kick followed by a shield ram (same speed as Ylink's double kick)
Dair(ADA): SwordPlant! Same mechanics as Ylinks in Melee (can hit 3 times and the Fire Spike!)

Grab: Grappling Hook:
Works like Ylinks Hookshot with the recovery, and with less lag if you miss your opponent while trying to grab.
Grab_Attack: Hits with the hilt of the sword.
Forward: Stomped off.
Up: Swings opponent up and hits with the edge of the shield.
Back:
Rammed by the shield.
Down:
Same as Melee (thrown down then elbowed)

B: Skull Hammer: On ground WW Link vertically swings the hammer down creating a shockwave. The shockwave itself makes a knockback like the end of Ylinks Spin Attack. Being hit by the hammer first will cause the shockwave to rapidly hit 3-4 times. In air, WW Link does a flip and the shockwave will come out as a circle surrounding Link. The front of the shockwave travels the farthest, stunning like Ylink's bombs. Basically the shockwave is an alternate bomb :). Being hit in the air by the hammer itself causes a Meteor Smash with no interference of the shockwave. :chuckle:
<>B: Boomerang: The boomerang works just like Ylinks, except holding B changes the trajectory up to 5 times. The boomerang comes back if B is let go, the trajectory changed 5 times, or if hit.
^B: Deku Leaf: On the ground, the Deku Leaf creates a "ball of wind" that only goes forward with a knockback like Peach's turnips. In air, the Deku Leaf acts as a parachute (similar to Peachs parasol, but without the consecutive hits). Pressing B during so causes Link to go higher up to 3 times.
vB: Iron Boots: On ground, the boots will be "kicked on". As theyre on, WW Link will be twice as strong but a fastfaller (metal box effects). In air, Link falls to the ground as he puts them on. Holding vB can "kick off" the boots before 12 sec. are up.

Final Smash: Wind's Requiem: WW Link plays Wind's Requiem and a huge wind blows across the screen, hitting everyone or breaking shields. Aftermath of the attack leaves a small tornado (like in SSB64) randomly put in place.

Taunt: WW Link looks back and a breeze blows across him while he says "Whooa..."

Costumes: Default: Green with Light Green under; Red with White under; The "Crab Shirt" in the beginning of WW; Black with Grey under; All White; Young Link style: Green with no undershirt, green shorts, brown boots, and the Kokiri Sword and Deku Shield

Kirby Hat: The green cap with WW Link's hair

ALTERNATE ATTACKS:
<>B=Hurricane Spin: can be charged and moved around (consecutive hits). has to recharge after use
B=Arrows (neutral: fastest, fire: burns, ice: freezes, light: homing?)
vB=Mirror Sheild: shines a light forward if not reflecting projectiles (holding down B keeps the light shining). the light goes as far as a normal platform and shocks opponents. in air he shines the light in a 45* angle (Meteor Smash if hit directly by the shield)
vB=Bombs: spams from Melee hahaha
^B=Grappling Hook: Tether Recovery in air, lowers damage with the same damage given to opponent (if hits) since it steals items from enemies in WW (can have a normal grab OR the hookshot with no Tether Recovery since Link has the Claw Shot)
IF ANY MORE IDEAS, REPLY TO THIS AND PUT IN THE THREAD!!!

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
Okay, I'm giving this a shot. By the way, "Hero of Winds"? I'm not copying that from anyone, I've had him in mind for a long time.

Name: Hero of Winds

Weapon: Master Sword

Speed: 3
Weight: 2
Jump: 3

Standard Attacks:
A: Slash
A (second): Counter Slash
A (third): Stab
A (fourth): Spin Attack
>/<A: Vertcal Slash
^A: Upward Swipe (fourth move of four-hit stab combo in WW)
VA: Crouching Stab (not actually possible in WW, but from OoT and MM)
>/<A (smash): Roll Slash (rolls forward and slashes at enemies; if he passes as enemy, he hits them immeditately)
^A(smash): Jump Twirl (leaps up into air and twirls around with sword out; not a Spin Attack.)
VA (smash): Downward Stab (crouches and stabs sword into ground)
A (midair): Sword Twirl (twirls around with sword outstretched)
>A (midair): Jump Attack
<A (midair): Jump Strike (from WW; hit A when the little A button indicator flashes and you'll either roll around behind the enemy (see above) or leap over them and hit their head; this is the latter)
^A (midair): Sword Spin (spins around in a ball; like Kirby's midair hammer)
VA: Sword Plant (gotta have it; it's an essential part of Link)
A (while running): Running Hack (just like Link/YL's in Melee)

Grab: Grappling Hook
A (while holding): Pommel Strike
Up (while holding): Toss up, Jump and Strike
Down (while holding): Drop, Shieldbash, and Stab
Forward (while holding): Toss and Shieldbash
Back (while holding): Kick Back and Spin Attack

B: Ice Bow
>/<B: Skull Hammer
^B: Deku Leaf (shoots a gust of wind on the ground; works like Peach's floating jump in midair)
VB: Iron Boots (when he puts these on, he also puts on the Power Bracelets to make him twice as strong; he moves slower, is unable to jump, and takes 1/4 the knockback he usually takes; indavisable to use in midair)

Final Smash: Pirate's Charm
He calls Tetra and her gang of pirates to do his dirty work. They are invincible and stick around for one minute. You can also fight during this time.

Taunt: Peers through telescope for a second, then nods and puts it away.
Victory 1: Jumps up and down with a huge smile on his face (like when you beat a boss in WW)
Victory 2: Stands around with a Hyoi pear on his head, then a seagull takes it and flies off.
Victory 3: Sails off into a gorgeous setting sun (cliched, I know...)
Kirby Hat: Just the hat
Costume 1: Classic green
Costume 2: Red tunic with white shirt and leggings underneath
Costume 3: Blue "pajamas"
Costume 4: Young Link costume (dark green tunic, no shirt or leggings; yes I did take that idea from ylink_underestimted)
Costume 5: Dark Link, like from OoT, except Young Link-style

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
how come no1 replied to mine? w/e
@johnknight1- dude WW Link should be avoided of being a clone again. u only put a few new things.
Yes, but to be fairly honest I sorta want him as a clone. Don't get me wrong, if he was original I'd be just as happy, but I see him being a clone. I added new grabs, a luigified B moveset, Falco and Ganonest A moveset for the most part, with some original A moves. We call it semi-original, or Luigification! :)

Fawriel

Smash Master
underestimated and twilight hero, your movesets are both pretty good, because so many of the moves are taken right from the game... I like that.
But what I can't agree with is the b moves. I don't see why everyone is so keen on making him "original" for the sake of being original. Why would the bouncy little Wind Waker Link have special moves that make him slow? Not to mention that the Skull Hammer is far from original.
Completely changing his A moves is enough. Most other B move ideas are just forced and gimmicky.

Wouldn't a non Cell shaded version of link from WW look like a little boy with genetic defects?
Yes.
Did anyone say he's not going to be cell-shaded?

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
underestimated and twilight hero, your movesets are both pretty good, because so many of the moves are taken right from the game... I like that.
But what I can't agree with is the b moves. I don't see why everyone is so keen on making him "original" for the sake of being original. Why would the bouncy little Wind Waker Link have special moves that make him slow? Not to mention that the Skull Hammer is far from original.
Completely changing his A moves is enough. Most other B move ideas are just forced and gimmicky.

Yes.
Did anyone say he's not going to be cell-shaded?
It would be to balance him out, I think. Besides, I like the hammer. And the Iron Boots idea is a really good one, IMO, which is why I used it.

Why wouldn't he be cel-shaded? Pikachu is, isn't he (in Brawl)?

Fawriel

Smash Master
It would be to balance him out, I think. Besides, I like the hammer. And the Iron Boots idea is a really good one, IMO, which is why I used it.

Why wouldn't he be cel-shaded? Pikachu is, isn't he (in Brawl)?
Balance him out? In how far?

And yep, Pika is! I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed! ...or maybe you heard that from me. =P
Because a Cell-shaded link in a SSB would look pathetic with the TP models of Ganondorf/Zelda/Link.
o noes

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
Balance him out? In how far?

And yep, Pika is! I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed! ...or maybe you heard that from me. =P

o noes
You know...he's fast and bouncy, and mostly comprised of weak attacks, so he needs some strong, slow ones to balance that.
I think I read about Pika's cel-shaded-ness somewhere on the Internets.

G & W is also a 2 tone character.

Seriously...a Cell Shaded character like WW Link...playing on top of 2d cell shaded backgrounds?
Yes, seriously. I like that idea.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Seriously...a Cell Shaded character like WW Link...playing on top of 2d cell shaded backgrounds?
I have no idea what you are talking about.
As far as I know, "2D" and "cell-shaded" contradict each other.

This is also cell-shading, by the way.

You know...he's fast and bouncy, and mostly comprised of weak attacks, so he needs some strong, slow ones to balance that.
Not necessarily... there are enough characters with attacks that are fast and strong, and I don't think powerful attacks are necessary if you can edge-guard well... see Jigglypuff, Mario, and so on.
Oh well.

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
No idea why you showed a pic of Okami but thank you.

And I am referring to how there are 2d and cell shaded stages.

And no, you can have 2d cell shaded images.

Okami pwns...jus to say.
**** shouldve woken up earlier. i didnt know making a link to my moveset would bring more people here. haha.
anywayz thanks for the props on my ideas guys. but how is the Hammer far from original? is it cuz of the Megaton hammer?
@johnknight- yea but sakurai sed that there would be no clones. i was fine with Ylink being a clone BTW

Fawriel

Smash Master
Go WW Link! *waves green flag*

On the other hand, these people want Luigi to equip his vacuum.
My hope has not grown in the least.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240

Do you not think that's possible? I won't say it's going to happen, but it could happen. I doubt Sakurai wants Luigi be anything like a clone of Mario anymore.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Buaaaah, I despise this hunt for "originality". Luigi's whole character is based on the fact that he's second fiddle. He's SUPPOSED to be similar yet somehow completely different. And saying that Luigi and Mario play similarly is like saying that Falcon and Ganondorf do.

This is not a Luigi discussion topic and I don't accuse you of taking part in this idiocy. This is a general declaration:
Don't fix what ain't broken.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Luigi's better then Mario, though. XD IMO, of course.

Why isn't there a general Luigi discussion topic? >_>

Anyways, I'm still not buying the idea of WW Link... He's just a cel shaded Link. I believe I saw one moveset on here that looked almost exactly like the regular Link's moveset and that made me kind of mad.

Are there any unique movesets around? I'm sorry I just don't want to look through 24 pages of discussion. XD

Fawriel

Smash Master
That depends on what you see as unique... I tried to come up with a moveset with nice twists on already existing B moves as well as some interesting A attacks... it's... somewhere in the depths of this thread? Oof...
Here: http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=2565174&postcount=299

Scroll down a bit, I guess.
I'm not extremely proud of it, but honestly. That the character has the same clothes and hair-color and uses arrows and bombs and stuff doesn't mean they are the same. One thing that's extremely important about a character is the mobility. What made Young Link much different from Link was the fact that he moved so quickly. He had great aerial mobility. Same for Luigi, he moves very differently from Mario, which is what mainly makes them different.
I tried my best in that moveset to make him unique with a different, bouncy style of sword-fighting...

There are also a lot of movesets that try to incorporate as many unique elements as possible, even one with lamps and fishing rods or so. If that's the type of uniqueness you're looking for, there's lots to choose from.

If you think he's not unique as a character, then I'll assure you that the similarities between old TP Link and young WW Link are only superficial.
They have a completely different personalities, they exist in different worlds.
They stand for different things.
The Zelda series has developed into two opposing directions, a darker and a lighter one.
The darkness is already well-repped. The light side remains to be represented by none other than the cell-shaded Link who has become the official trendsetter for handheld Zelda games as well as the childlike and innocent side of the franchise, the side that even Miyamoto himself prefers.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Yeah... Fawriel, I have to say that if we got a WW Link, I'd rather him not share any of the same tools, even if they function differently. I think I'll resurrect my old B move ideas. And, yes, some of them are pretty much sharing the basic moves of old Link too... nothing to do about it, though.

SHORT SUMMARY ON BOTTOM IN GREEN

Here are my B move ideas, which I personally think would make Link fairly unique. He'd be very mobile, and his strongest point would be many options for recovery as well as edge guarding.

B^, Hurricane Spin:
GROUND: Chargeable. When uncharged, just a quick one-swing-around movest, which is good for clearing enemies away but not much else. Fully charged after two seconds (and on the ground), goes into the super hurricane spin with not much control and takes time to change direction. Repeatedly hits enemies, and is great for damaging enemies for a large amount if you can maneuver it properly to keep them in the hit box, and also damages shields quite a bit. After it finishes, it takes a second for Link to recover.
AIR: An uncharged swing goes perpendicular to the screen (like kirby's hammer), and fully charged it helicopters directly upward for a very long range and very fast, but there is no control of it horizontally. Afterwards, you are sent into freefall.

B>, Deku leaf:
GROUND: He raises the large leaf and swings. If someone is directly hit by the leaf, they are hit to the ground and stunned (can spike if on the edge). If an enemy is standing in front of the swing, they are blown horizontally for no damage. Great for edge guarding, obviously.
AIR: he holds it up and glides sideways. However, it cannot do any damage. Link can cancel it and continue it as he pleases, and can follow it with attacks and the B^ recovery if he glides directly below a grab point.

B neutral, Counter strike:
If performed when someone is attacking nearby Link, he will do a dodge and counter attack. His exact attack changes depending on the enemy's positioning in regards to himself. If they are both on the ground, Link rolls to the other side of the enemy and does the backslice (like a sword uppercut). If the enemy is above, Link dodges and then jump-slices upwards. Below, dodge and then helmet splitter (which is a spike). If Link is in the air at about the same height, he dodges then shoots horizontally with his sword out. Pressing B when nobody is attacking results in him going "awaahhhh" and slipping, and in the air it just makes it so he can't attack until he lands. Useful for recovery if someone is trying to prevent you from coming back with normal attacks.

B neutral alternative, grappling hook:
Holding down B causes link to swing the hook in a circle like he did in the games. This will knock around anyone too close for low damage and knockback. Also, Link can walk left and right with the control stick. Then, when you release B, the hook will arc in the direction that was indicated with the control stick, as long as the direction was somewhere between directly up and straight ahead. If the stick is neutral or out of that range, then the hook will just be tossed forward.
Also, if the hook hits someone carrying an item, Link steals it with the hook.
... Also, this would be how Link could hook to the stage for recovery, like the hookshot is in melee.
AIR: Grabs onto ledges like the Melee Link with the hookshot, except a little longer.

B neutral OTHER alternative move, Fairy Bow:
Yeah, three B neutral moves just to be safe. With this bow, which is very different from the Melee bow, would be controlled similarly to the grappling hook. Hold down B, you can walk as he is aiming the bow (but he can't turn around). Letting go will shoot the bow at the angle indicated, as long as that angle is in front of Link to a certain degree. Otherwise, he'd just shoot at the last acceptable angle indicated, default being in front. Another quirk of this bow would be that pushing R while holding down B changes the type of arrow being used, from normal to fire to ice.
Normal: The fastest of the arrows, has minimal charge and recovery time. Does the least damage, however.
Fire: Does more damage, lights enemy on fire, and has the ability to go through enemies so it can hit multiple things in its path.
Ice: Does same damage as the fire arrow, has a chance of freezing the target very briefly, and does small damage to things surrounding the impact area as well.

B down, skull hammer:
If you just push B down while on the ground, he slams it into the ground. Slowish move, but does a lot of damage on a direct hit as well as slamming them downward. Enemies that are standing nearby suffer small damage as well as being knocked slightly upward, like a weaker DK down B. However, if you push down B but quickly slide the control stick another direction, he will take out the hammer and swing it different instead. Sideways, he does his baseball swing which does same damage as a direct downward swing, but instead sends the enemy flying if hit directly by the hammer head. Also, destroys all projectiles if they are hit.

For those who are thinking "Hah, like I'm going to read that much text!" here is a summary of each move.

B^, Hurricane Spin: Chargeable, slashes once uncharged. Fast, weak. Charged, shoots around similarly to Yoshi's egg, but can do much more damage. Dizzy afterwards briefly. In air, charged helicopters straight up.

B>, Deku Leaf: On ground, sends gust of wind knocking enemies horizontally. In air, starts gliding slowly, can be turned on and off easily.

B neutral, Counter Strike (option 1): Do it when attacked and he'll dodge and strike back. In the air, he will attack and go that direction making it an ok recovery if someone is trying to stop him.

B neutral, Grappling Hook (option 2): Starts swinging his grapple on a rope in a circle, lightly damaging those too close. He then swings it out in the direction indicated, hurting enemies and stealing any item they're holding. Grabs onto ledges in the air like the Melee hookshot.

B neutral, Fairy Bow (option 3): Can change between normal arrows (fast), ice (slow, strong, chance of freezing), and fire (medium damage, medium speed, goes through enemies). Can walk around and can aim with control stick, change arrow type with R while holding down B.

B down, Skull Hammer: Normally, smashes ground with a shock wave. Can change direction if the control stick is pointed elsewhere after activation, leading to baseball swings or upward swings, knocking enemies other directions. Destroys all projectiles.

There, now I organized the moveset better. Give me better feedback now!

Luigi's better then Mario, though. XD IMO, of course.

Why isn't there a general Luigi discussion topic? >_>

Anyways, I'm still not buying the idea of WW Link... He's just a cel shaded Link. I believe I saw one moveset on here that looked almost exactly like the regular Link's moveset and that made me kind of mad.

Are there any unique movesets around? I'm sorry I just don't want to look through 24 pages of discussion. XD
mines kinda unique. i made it to have alot of the same effects as Ylink tho, well the all the ones in green for that matter (its in my sig)

Baamage

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if anybody has said this yet, but I think Link should still take full damage for his iron boots, but its just that he'd have a lot less knockback if somebody hit him. Then the usual things would apply- slower movement speed, juumping height, ect. Oh, and his hands aren't impeded by his iron boots, so I think he should still have normal attacking speed.

EDIT: hm, I might as well put down my moveset too. It's basically the same as GdMbps, with some variations.

up+B: Hurricane spin. Uncharged, just a normal spin attack. Charged, Link spins around for quite a while, doing moderate-high damage but having huge lag. Charged or not, in the air, Link spins around for a while and gains some height, but has little horizontal movement. Also a lot of lag when he lands.
side+B: Deku Leaf! Normally sends a gust of air forwards that knocks enemies back and stuns them for a slight bit of time. Pretty good for edgeguarding, but slow. If he hits them with a leaf directly, they'll be flipped over onto their back. Spike if done over the edge. Oh, and in the air similar to Peaches parasol except it does no damage and you don't fly upwards while doing it. You can press B while in this position and Link will do a half-flap thing in the air with his leaf, stunning nearby people that try to footstool jump him.
down+B: Iron boots! Half the knockback when getting hit, but half the walking and jumping speed/height. Double fall speed, and stronger Neutral B, and more controllable up+B.
Neutral B: Skull Hammer, which hurts. You can charge it for a bigger smash.
FS: Link does his warping song thing and a giant tornado appears and eats everybody.
Stage: Either the fish island that apparently dies when Ganon looks for Jabu, or top of Outset Island (Including the Bird that randomly comes and breaks the bridge!)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
?@johnknight- yea but sakurai sed that there would be no clones. i was fine with Ylink being a clone BTW
He never said there would be no clones, ever. I've looked at every bit of info a dozen times, and never was that mentioned. Besides, WW Link is to Link wat Luigi is to Mario, not just in terms of character, look, and actions, but moveset wise. But a much diffrent stats of course, the most drastic diffrence from clone to clone IMO. We call it a luigified clone! BTW. awsome username! ;)

WWLink is gonna be like a rabbit, yey! bouncy bouncy.
I loved how Ylink jumped around. WWLink would move similarly
WW Link isn't just going to beat his opponents. He's going to **** the life out of them!

:laugh:

IGN takes notice:

http://wii.ign.com/articles/810/810757p1.html

Yes, Nintendo would indeed be a pathetic little loser not to include this fan favorite. (WW Link)
I saw that, and they rocked. They also love Dark Samus and Wolf...but no Diddy or Megaman??? F*** Bomberman in Brawl, f*** Pac-man 9 times more if he makes it in Brawl! :laugh: And good to have you back Burning Lava, it's nice to have you drop by again! :)

Luigi should just be decloned a bit, but still remain a clone. He's fine where he is, why ask for change other then get rid of some of his stupid goofyness! XD

Do you not think that's possible? I won't say it's going to happen, but it could happen. I doubt Sakurai wants Luigi be anything like a clone of Mario anymore.
Well he's barely a clone to begin with. Luigi is barely a clone, being the exact opposite of Mario. He'll be abit decloned in Brawl, but remain the same IMO. WW Link is a diffrent case. Moveset wise he'll be similar in cloneyness as Luigi in Melee, but here's the catch. The moves are even more opposite, and add in WW Link's unique stats [more spam, more speed, less damage, less impact, insane comboability, a bit worse aerial, less weight] compared to Link's, he'd be even less of a clone then Luigi in Brawl if my assumption is right! :)

G & W is also a 2 tone character.

Prepares to flam

Proof cel-shaded characters work in Brawl

1.Ike: He was originally cel-shaded, and now isn't

Does this cel-shaded hero look familiar to you=???

A [semi-]cel-shaded dinosaur, nice! :grin:

Anyone reconize this electric rodent=???

This dude looks [semi-]cel-shaded

A green hairded cel-shaded dude. Totally original! XD

A cel-shaded boxing Kirby series character, nice!

Giant red land dwelling cel-shaded beast thingy....CHECK!

[Semi-]cel-shaded space virus thingy ma bobby Pokemon, check! XD

cel-shaded Pokemon

Another cel-shaded Pokemon! XD

Too easy

One of the most desired and likely characters for Brawl will probably be cel-shaded. He's all but confirmed as well!

He's a diffrent art and graphical style character, and he's in Melee.

15.It's f***ing smash bros, Sakurai can do watever the f*** he wants with it! ;)

16.Many expect WW Link in Brawl, and has a heavy and huge pro-in Brawl as a PC fanbase! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom