• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wind Waker Link's moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Toon Link? No way.
WW Suit Link? Since when did he wear a WW suit?

Hero of winds or young Link... something like that.

iMichael

Smash Lord
Man I hope WW Link is in brawl to take the spot of Young Link....and thats coming from someone who mains Y. Link...

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Just keep his name YOung Link, but make him have the Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass Link look. Maybe the old style as a alternate outfit [it'd be intresting to go from cel-shaded to realistic from a comstume change! :laugh:]

Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass Young Link's outfits: [note that I'll just list a ton because I'm bored!]

1.Hero's clothes: nuff said.
2.Blue shirt and orange pants=Island clothes
3.Black Tunic
4.Brown Tunic
5.Normal Blue Tunic
6.Red Tunic
7.Purple Tunic
8.GOLD TUNIC! [it'd be shinny!]
9.Magic Armor outfit
10.brown tunic [Link had a little accident :laugh:]
11.Normal Young Link

That'd be cool, though about half of them won't happen! XD

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
thanks yo hahaha

CS Link 4 Brawl
Totally.

Just keep his name YOung Link, but make him have the Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass Link look. Maybe the old style as a alternate outfit [it'd be intresting to go from cel-shaded to realistic from a comstume change! :laugh:]

Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass Young Link's outfits: [note that I'll just list a ton because I'm bored!]

1.Hero's clothes: nuff said.

Yeah!

2.Blue shirt and orange pants=Island clothes

Yeah!

3.Black Tunic

No. Dark Link costume.

4.Brown Tunic

No.

5.Normal Blue Tunic

Of course.

6.Red Tunic

Of course.

7.Purple Tunic

Yeah.

8.GOLD TUNIC! [it'd be shinny!]

No.

9.Magic Armor outfit

Nah...that's TP. Instead, the protective spell surrounding him.

...or is that what you meant?

10.brown tunic [Link had a little accident :laugh:]

Din, Nayru, and Farore...
NO!

11.Normal Young Link'

YES!

That'd be cool, though about half of them won't happen! XD
Only half of them would be cool. And some of them are required.

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
hmm...well it looks like you stole the idea of a CS version of Ylink from me (check my sig) but w/e, at least the idea was there. oh, brown tunic: nah, gold tunic: maybe, black: i thought of black outside and gray inside but w/e (twilight - that would pwn in CS form hahaha), blue: both the tunic and the island clothes are a good idea (i think someone thought of that before me but w/e), but the tunic might be the one in cuz having the WW look is enough i guess (my moveset only shows WW based things, but only because i wanted to show wut it could do, plus i havent played any of the other Celda series...)

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
hmm...well it looks like you stole the idea of a CS version of Ylink from me (check my sig) but w/e, at least the idea was there. oh, brown tunic: nah, gold tunic: maybe, black: i thought of black outside and gray inside but w/e (twilight - that would pwn in CS form hahaha), blue: both the tunic and the island clothes are a good idea (i think someone thought of that before me but w/e), but the tunic might be the one in cuz having the WW look is enough i guess (my moveset only shows WW based things, but only because i wanted to show wut it could do, plus i havent played any of the other Celda series...)
I always played WW over and over again, hoping to find Dark Link smewhere, but alas, no. He should have been in TP too, in more than just a cutscene. (That was the creepiest scene in the entire game, too, with all the white eyes and crap. Doesn't sound creepy, but it is...)

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
In all honesty, I'd prefer a TP styled Young Link wearing the WW tunic design with moves based on WW items if anything. A cel-shaded Young Link would just feel out of place in Brawl for me.

But yeah, I fully support a Wind Waker based Young Link.

dude, "out of place"? did u not see how cel-shaded Lyn was?! plus, before Lyn there's already a number of characters who are already cel-shaded: like Pikachu for instance. besides, a TP form wouldn't exactly rep the "Celda" series if its in that category of graphics (or w/e).

EDIT: oh yea, n for peace, thanks for the support! XD

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
dude, "out of place"? did u not see how cel-shaded Lyn was?! plus, before Lyn there's already a number of characters who are already cel-shaded: like Pikachu for instance. besides, a TP form wouldn't exactly rep the "Celda" series if its in that category of graphics (or w/e).
Er...what?

Lyn didn't even look cel-shaded at all. No character in Brawl is cel-shaded as of yet. I think you have a wrong definition of what cel-shaded is.

Prepares to flam

Proof cel-shaded characters work in Brawl

1.Ike: He was originally cel-shaded, and now isn't

Does this cel-shaded hero look familiar to you=???

A [semi-]cel-shaded dinosaur, nice! :grin:

Anyone reconize this electric rodent=???

This dude looks [semi-]cel-shaded

A green hairded cel-shaded dude. Totally original! XD

A cel-shaded boxing Kirby series character, nice!

Giant red land dwelling cel-shaded beast thingy....CHECK!

[Semi-]cel-shaded space virus thingy ma bobby Pokemon, check! XD

cel-shaded Pokemon

Another cel-shaded Pokemon! XD

Too easy

One of the most desired and likely characters for Brawl will probably be cel-shaded. He's all but confirmed as well!

He's a diffrent art and graphical style character, and he's in Melee.

15.It's f***ing smash bros, Sakurai can do watever the f*** he wants with it! ;)

16.Many expect WW Link in Brawl, and has a heavy and huge pro-in Brawl as a PC fanbase! ;)
which brings me back to JohnKnight's old list of the cel-shaded characters from here in this very thread.

how does Lyn not look close to any one of the above?
n my definition of cel-shaded is: in short, a kind of toony, drawn look put into 3D. wuts yours?

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Uh, no, that guy is completely wrong. Cel-shaded is when a 3D model looks like a hand-drawn cartoon (that's not my definition, it's THE definition). Every character in Brawl shown so far is a 3D model.

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
Isnt cel shaded an actual well... thing and not just what something looks like.
Yes, yes it is. Celshading is a type of graphic design, involving the limitation of the amount of shades and color variations in each area of the model, if I remember correctly. However, it is true that celshading generally leaves the model looking hand-drawn.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Indeed! @ Drascin

Cell-shading basically means that the character model uses few colors and thus the shading is not gradual.
A certain degree of cell-shadedness can be seen in a lot of models, but really sharp edges in the shading, I have only observed in a few shots of Pikachu, which doesn't necessarily mean he's cell-shaded.
But, arguably, Kirby's and Pikachu's eyes seem cell-shaded, and since there's always certain degrees of it present ( they used some in Twilight Princess, watch out for it ), WW Link will have no problem fitting in.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea TP actually uses a heavily modified WW engine... you wouldn't think anyone is cel shaded in TP but they are XD

LMAO at baby Link

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
hahaha that would be awesome if the next Celda game after Phantom Hourglass would come out for the Wii and one of CS Link's enemies was Dark Link, in CS form! or maybe Skull Kid in CS form hahaha
DL in the CS animation style would be awesome. Skull Kid would be okay, I guess. But DL FTW!

Okay...missed the entore other page...

CSLink would have no trouble fitting into Brawl, he would be a fantastic addition, and...well...there's no third point. But the first two are true!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Uh, no, that guy is completely wrong. Cel-shaded is when a 3D model looks like a hand-drawn cartoon (that's not my definition, it's THE definition). Every character in Brawl shown so far is a 3D model.
Seriously, Lyn is cel-shaded. Compare and contrast.

Lyn:

Ice Climbers:

[/IMG]

Wind Waker Link:

Kirby:

a few things tho JohnKnight: to put in ICs for having CSd faces was kind of a bad example, their clothes are far from being CSd (unless im totally wrong there)
n Kirby arguably couldnt be CSd: hes pink, round and soft. IMO i dont think hed need too much color for those descriptions. but he could be...i dunno i just wanted to point that out

and in case Luke Groundwalker comes back: my definition of cel-shading is making something hand drawn look 3D, which is why some cel-shaded games have those outlines around them (Okami). i still did that without looking at the real definition, so yea.

Edit: *sigh* @ Psycho

paralasalud

Smash Ace
lyn is not cel-shaded. sorry. nothing in ssbb is, as of yet.
you can tell what's cel-shaded by the way it moves in the game as well.
games like viewtiful joe and paper mario are cel-shaded. TOONY has nothing to do with it because there's a movie with keaneu reeves (a scanner darkly?) that's cel-shaded but it's not "toony" at all.
both drascien and fawriel have already said the correct definitions.

as for wwlink, i'd LOVE for him to be in. he'd be very unique.

edit: i think the makers of okami were the dudes who did viewtiful joe as well.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

You see that...that is a 3D model, not cel-shaded.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
a few things tho JohnKnight: to put in ICs for having CSd faces was kind of a bad example, their clothes are far from being CSd (unless im totally wrong there)
n Kirby arguably couldnt be CSd: hes pink, round and soft. IMO i dont think hed need too much color for those descriptions. but he could be...i dunno i just wanted to point that out

and in case Luke Groundwalker comes back: my definition of cel-shading is making something hand drawn look 3D, which is why some cel-shaded games have those outlines around them (Okami). i still did that without looking at the real definition, so yea.

Edit: *sigh* @ Psycho
The IC were a sign of extreme graphical power and innovation, not cel-shaded. Even I'm not that foolish=I was just comparing and contrasting a few [somewat random] characters. Lyn isn't in all the uber detail the PCs [other than Kirby and the Pokémon Trainer] are in, or even Petey Piranha and the Subspace Army members. Plus I look at Pokémon Trainer, and I guess Wind Waker Link could be like that. Heck, Ike is cel-shaded in Fire Emblem: Path of Raidance and Goddess of Dawn. :laugh:

And if we have a 6 inch puffball, a dragon [charizard is technically a dragon], two space animals, two eskimos, two/three plumbers, one transforming princess, a psychic kid, a psychic genetic being, a singing puffball, two yellow electric rats, a wanna-be dinosaur [who's actually a dragon! :grin:], a man with three all-powerful knees, a women in a giant suit, a princess who is utterly weak, but still owns the tiers, a human villian who's like 8 feet tall, a koopa [king=spin-off of a turtle-dinosaur thingy], a giant ape, a 2D pure black handdrawn dude, a wimp summoning Pokémon, a blue-haired guy with a sword bigger than him [in which he comes from a game where he's cel-shaded=not cel-shaded in Brawl], a man who pretends to bee a doctor, a knight with wings who attacks at 10,000 miles per hour, a guy who was originally a trophy where he wore a diaper, a hot chick [without that 1,000 lbs suit], some motorcyclist guy with some "issues" that he passes to everyone [if you get what I mean], a blue-haired single handed blade swordsmen, and a red-haired dude with a massive cape, then why not Wind Waker Link=???

That might just be the longest sentence/paragraph ever! :chuckle: And cel-shadedness justs adds uniqueness on uniqueness. IF Brawl just sticks with the plain old "super detailed", then it will get boring. The somewat-cartoony look of Lyn, the Pokémon Trainer [and his Pokémon], Kirby, Devils...even Samurai Goroh add a whole new level to interactive gameplay and enviornments. So cel-shaded characters could definitely add uniqueness to this already unique series, and game. DEFINITELY! :)

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
John's post is a good way of seeing the main difference in cel-shading. There's almost no graduation in shading. It's a sharp, clearly linear area of a different colour. Generally it results in a lack of detail too, like compare the game shot of WW Link's clothes to Lyn's. Lyn clearly has a far more realistic look to her clothes, through ample use of shade variation. Link's design takes large portions of colour and applies them with little intermingling. An even better example is the hair. Lyn doesn't appear cel-shaded at all to me. Kirby also doesn't appear cel-shaded, as there is a gradual colour variation around the sphere of his body. In fact, it's so gradual it's hard to notice at a glance. The cel-shading method for Link is sharp and noticable. Even Kirby's eyes and mouth, which sort of stand out from the body because oth their clear, clean solid lines and boundaries, use a lot of colour graduation. So I wouldn't say they're cel-shaded either.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
John's post is a good way of seeing the main difference in cel-shading. There's almost no graduation in shading. It's a sharp, clearly linear area of a different colour. Generally it results in a lack of detail too, like compare the game shot of WW Link's clothes to Lyn's. Lyn clearly has a far more realistic look to her clothes, through ample use of shade variation. Link's design takes large portions of colour and applies them with little intermingling. An even better example is the hair. Lyn doesn't appear cel-shaded at all to me. Kirby also doesn't appear cel-shaded, as there is a gradual colour variation around the sphere of his body. In fact, it's so gradual it's hard to notice at a glance. The cel-shading method for Link is sharp and noticable. Even Kirby's eyes and mouth, which sort of stand out from the body because oth their clear, clean solid lines and boundaries, use a lot of colour graduation. So I wouldn't say they're cel-shaded either.
Well he obviously needs to learn the difference because it's not hard to see that they are NOT cel-shaded

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Cel-shaded animation (also called cel-shading or toon shading) is a type of non-photorealistic rendering designed to make computer graphics appear to be hand-drawn. Cel-shading is often used to mimic the style of a comic book or cartoon. It is a somewhat recent addition to computer graphics, most commonly turning up in console video games. Though the end result of cel-shading has a very simplistic feel like that of hand-drawn animation, the process is complex. The name comes from the clear sheets of acetate, called cels, that are painted on for use in traditional 2D animation, such as Disney classics.

(I used the wrong words in my last post)

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Seriously, Lyn is cel-shaded. Compare and contrast.

Lyn:

Ice Climbers:

[/IMG]

Wind Waker Link:

Kirby:

Ugh, are you an idiot or blind? NOTHING in Brawl is cel-shaded, they're all 3D models. Hell, even the color-crayon style of the the Yoshi's Island stage is NOT cel-shaded. You're completely wrong on what cel-shaded is, so stop trying and stop being an idiot.
ylink_underestimted said:
my definition of cel-shading is making something hand drawn look 3D, which is why some cel-shaded games have those outlines around them (Okami). i still did that without looking at the real definition, so yea.
So, how is anything in Brawl cel-shaded if you know the definition of it? Nothing in Brawl is cel-shaded from what is seen. That is a fact.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cel-shaded

Defining cel-shaded stuff. Apparently, wiki says Twilight Princess is cel-shaded. :laugh: Pls Metal Gear AC!D 1&2 of course. :laugh: If Solid f***ing Snake can be cel-shaded, anyone can. Solid Snake approves of cel-shading, so it is Brawl worthy! :grin:

Even Revolver Liquid Ocelot approves of cel-shaded cahracters in BRAWL! He's even pro Wind Waker Link! :)

@ Luke Groundwalker

I was comaring and contrasting random characters dude. If you honestly thought I was dumb enough to think Ice Climbers are cel-shaded, then you need to be slapped. Did I ever say all 4 of them were CEL-SHADED=??? Show me where I said it=I said "compare and contrast". I'm just merely talking about diffrent graphic styles in the game. That's all...SSB is a game about diffrent characters, universes, etc. colliding.

And anyone with eyes knows Yoshi's Island is based off SMW2, with VERY similar graphical effects from the game it's based. If we can have cartoony coloiring and artist styles, we can have cel-shadind, period! "You're completely wrong on what cel-shaded is, so stop trying and stop being an idiot." :p

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cel-shaded

Defining cel-shaded stuff. Apparently, wiki says Twilight Princess is cel-shaded. :laugh: Pls Metal Gear AC!D 1&2 of course. :laugh: If Solid f***ing Snake can be cel-shaded, anyone can. Solid Snake approves of cel-shading, so it is Brawl worthy! :grin:

Even Revolver Liquid Ocelot approves of cel-shaded cahracters in BRAWL! He's even pro Wind Waker Link! :)

@ Luke Groundwalker

I was comaring and contrasting random characters dude. If you honestly thought I was dumb enough to think Ice Climbers are cel-shaded, then you need to be slapped. Did I ever say all 4 of them were CEL-SHADED=??? Show me where I said it=I said "compare and contrast". I'm just merely talking about diffrent graphic styles in the game. That's all...SSB is a game about diffrent characters, universes, etc. colliding.

And anyone with eyes knows Yoshi's Island is based off SMW2, with VERY similar graphical effects from the game it's based. If we can have cartoony coloiring and artist styles, we can have cel-shadind, period! "You're completely wrong on what cel-shaded is, so stop trying and stop being an idiot." :p
TP isn't cel-shaded but it does make use of cel-shaded effects

and just look at Metal Gear Acid...it is cel-shaded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom