• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why doesn't X pokemon get Y attack/ability/typing?

rockem7

Smash Ace
Ah, but they are the Continent Pokemon, not the Earth/Planet Pokemon. If Groudon actually was representing the Earth, he'd be stronger than frickin' Arceus, and Kyogre would stand no chance. :)

Why doesn't Celebi learn Roar of Time?
Because that would make sense and it would make Dialga feel bad. But I do think that Celebi needs an exclusive move.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Because that would make sense and it would make Dialga feel bad. But I do think that Celebi needs an exclusive move.
You think it makes sense? :confused:

It was actually meant to be a joke...

How would Groudon be stronger than Arceus?

Arceus created the universe and Groudon would only represent Earth :/
Think about it. Arceus is only 50 points higher than Groudon stat-wise. When you consider the fact that the continents themselves are what he draws his power from, and the fact that those continental plates are thinner than the thinnest layer of liquer compared to the rest of the Earth, he'd dwarf that horse by far.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
You think it makes sense? :confused:

It was actually meant to be a joke...

Think about it. Arceus is only 50 points higher than Groudon stat-wise. When you consider the fact that the continents themselves are what he draws his power from, and the fact that those continental plates are thinner than the thinnest layer of liquer compared to the rest of the Earth, he'd dwarf that horse by far.
Oh I see...

I can see Groudon being banned from Ubers tournaments with Arceus now...

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Arceus is only banned because there is no legit way to use him that Shoddy can support. He would actually be legal in wifi Ubers play.

Also, you can't ban Pokemon from Ubers, it's the ban tier of all ban tiers, unless they're unusable.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I don't really understand your viewpoint on how Torterra and Groudon should get Gravity. Lots of Pokemon have this move while others who seem like they should or sometimes shouldn't don't.

It's how Pokemon is.

M.K

Level 55
It's how Pokemon is.
Jeez, if this were to be the answer to this entire thread, why do we continue to let people post here?
Why don't you attempt to actually give a reasonable explanation instead of this aforementioned bull****.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Because they have no mystical gravity-bending powers, and they need to be several thousand... million... billion tons? To make gravity naturally? IDK.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Because they have no mystical gravity-bending powers, and they need to be several thousand... million... billion tons? To make gravity naturally? IDK.
Everything has gravity so long as it has mass. Even you.

Also, a billion is far from it. The Moon alone is something like 1.28x10^20 tonnes. The Earth's about three times that weight.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Yeah but they don't have enough gravity to actually influence their surroundings.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
So I just discovered that Ho-Oh, for who knows what ****ing reason, doesn't get Drill Peck.

Discuss.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Technically, a lot of stuff should get Head Smash. I mean, it's not that hard to smash your head into something.

Or rather, anything with Rock Head should get Head Smash.

EDIT: Why doesn't Tyranitar get Sucker Punch?

M.K

Level 55
Some egg moves don't make sense.
Then again, some TMs don't even make sense.

@Above, I would assume Sucker Punch takes a decent amount of speed/cunning/planning, and to me, Tyranitar seems to be more of the "Obliterate Everything and Everyone in my way" sort of thing, not the type to like....plan things out >_>;;

E123-omega

Smash Journeyman
Technically, a lot of stuff should get Head Smash. I mean, it's not that hard to smash your head into something.
I used head smash on foe wall

It's not very effective

I am hit by recoil and get a massive headache.

ON TOPIC: Why can't Wigglytuff learn sucker PAWNCH?

M.K

Level 55
I'm starting to notice a pattern...

Why can't all Pokemon learn Sucker Punch? I asked it to save some time.
Because not all Pokemon exhibit the cunning to launch a "Surprise Attack" (which is what Sucker Punch actually translates to, also why it's not boosted by Hitmonchan's Iron Fist)

Top Bottom