• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why doesn't X pokemon get Y attack/ability/typing?

This doesn't explain the surfing rock phenomenon, though.
One day, Game Freak decided to go for some fresh air and go by the pond. Very bored for the lack of ideas that could be created, some random guy threw a rock across the pond. Amused by the effects of skipping rocks across the pond, another random guy exclaimed, "oMggg!! Rocks kan creayte ripples in da wateh, imagine surfin' rocks noa!". And with Rhydon having is line of specials, Surf was added, as well as a giant prehistoric rock monster thingy and the giant steal fatty Aggron. Sneazel was their one mistake, and they are all hitting themselves with martinis.............

Edit:
I guess Dugtrio has claws underneath the ground. But we'll never see them.
You also never see them in Poke stadium and battle revolution...

mood4food77

Smash Hero
yea, i think tenatcruel having a high base speed (100) is weirder than it having rapid spin

like i can picture tentacruel rapid spinning, but not really being fast

it's like the only fast pokemon that's meant to be defensive (the only other poke i can think of it milktank, who also is weird to picture being fast)

MACH Punch
MACHamp

But then you probably already noticed that right?
But no one pronounces his name MACHamp, with emphasis on the first 4 letters. It's pronounced MAchamp, with more emphasis on the first two. (listen in the anime and the stadium games)

Gamefreak probably gave it this name on purpose, because it can throw punches at mach speed, and it's representative of a champion body builder.

Well, I asked because only a few families can learn it, why? Aqua jet, quick attack, even freaking Vacuum wave are more diverse than this one...

Pete278

Smash Lord
According to the stats in his pokedex entry, (if I remember correctly), when punching at full sleep, Machamp punches once every 0.008 seconds. But that's not fast enough for a Mach Punch, apparently.

E123-omega

Smash Journeyman
Those lenses look tinted.

I guess the cooler hoenn dragon will always get the short end of the stick.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Hey, he got Outrage and U-turn. U-turn especially distinguishes him from all of the other dragons.

...If he gets Tinted Lens in Gen 5 along with Swords Dance/Dragon Dance...

Actually, that would be fine. If Flygon got Tinted Lens and Swords Dance, that doesn't really seem broken at all. He fails to outspeed notable things and isn't ridiculously bulky like Chomp is.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Dragon Dance -> Kill everything. If you lock it into outrage, even your steels aren't safe. Sure, it won't do as much damage as DDMence, but it can't be resisted.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Basically everyone and their brother would be looking to pull off a Flygon sweep. That's why SD + Tinted Lens is more balanced. Or would be more balanced.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
How would you stop a speedy Outrage that hits everything for neutral or SE damage? Wouldn't you want something like that to be able to be revenged?

I'm not sure if I'm doing this right, but +1 Outrage is a 2HKO against Skarmory.
Nearly an OHKO on Bronzong. Probably an OHKO with Stealth Rock up.
OHKO against Scarf Heatran.
2HKO against Defensive Steelix.
OHKO against Scizor...
2HKO against Aggron.
2HKO against Lugia, super small chance to OHKO after SR damage.

I'm using the smogon.com calculator. Is this correct? Can someone check if I'm doing this right?
+1 Attack with Life Orb and Tinted Lens taken into account. This is with Flygon having Tinted Lens blah blah blah

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i think flygon having tinted lens would be too much

it's STAB moves are too good, only skarmory and levitating bronzong resist that combo and that's easily fixed with fire punch

while yes, it looks like it should have it, maybe because he's a dragon type makes tinted lens too much

hell, i just realized, using dragon type with tinted lens means dragon has perfect coverage (nothing resists it) so he could technically run outrage and dragon claw with any other 2 moves he wanted

Top Bottom