• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why doesn't X pokemon get Y attack/ability/typing?

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
I don't even know how Pokeblocks make you more beautiful. Is a maxed out beauty Feebas supposed to look the exact same as it was when you started? Contest Judges seem to disagree...

Why doesn't Tyranitar get Rock Wrecker? I mean, it's explicitly stated to absolutely wreck countrysides and force maps to be redrawn when they go a rampage.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Why doesn't Tyranitar get Rock Wrecker? I mean, it's explicitly stated to absolutely wreck countrysides and force maps to be redrawn when they go a rampage.
The Japanese name for Rock Wrecker is Rock Cannon, which describes what Rhyperior does with its hands. It seems more exclusive to Rhyperior when you look at it that way.

Melfice z

Smash Ace
Isnt head smash pretty much better in every way anyway? besides the 10% accuracy drop... rock head even remedies the recoil problem!

and why doesnt blaziken learn jump kick, hi jump kick, OR close combat? </3

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
I think Rock Cannon sounds better than Rock Wrecker.

Isnt head smash pretty much better in every way anyway? besides the 10% accuracy drop... rock head even remedies the recoil problem!

and why doesnt blaziken learn jump kick, hi jump kick, OR close combat? </3
Yeah, pretty much, except that you can't always have access to Rock Head. Even so, being able to fire one off every turn as opposed to two turns is a huge plus.

... I have no idea why Blaziken doesn't learn the first two. Perhaps for the third he's not dexterious enough?

mood4food77

Smash Hero
infernape has speed and close combat

that's the only reason infernape is used over blaziken

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Why doesn't Aerodactyl get Brave Bird?

OK, the obvious answer is "because he's not a bird", but this is a move he'd be perfect for. It's a STAB and his no-recoil ability is great.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Too bad it couldn't use them or else WHOOPS THERE GOES MY SASH.

Pete278

Smash Lord
Surfing on a rock T-Rex is just about the coolest thing ever, so don't disagree with TTar and Rampardos getting it, k? :p

Why does Infernape get Nasty Plot? Did Nintendo just want to give him the best movepool short of Arceus?

E123-omega

Smash Journeyman
I just found out that in Japanese, Charm is called Spoiled Pout. We have to remember that the Jp name has the biggest influence over whether or not X poke gets Y attack.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I just found out that in Japanese, Charm is called Spoiled Pout. We have to remember that the Jp name has the biggest influence over whether or not X poke get Y attack.
This doesn't explain the surfing rock phenomenon, though.

Top Bottom