• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why doesn't X pokemon get Y attack/ability/typing?

E123-omega

Smash Journeyman
Wigglytuff and Jigglypuff are the most evil pokes ever made. Singing people to sleep and drawing on their faces is pretty low.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Lol bro, what's the move that it uses in Mystery Dungeon? Outrage?
I dunno, but it's pretty dangerous. I always hit it with sleep seeds when I fight it so it leaves me alone, then kill everything else before concentrating on it.

But seriously it takes like all your money. In the first Mystery Dungeon (blue/red) you got soooooo much money, then in the second one when Chatot's like "LOL NO I TAKE UR MONEYZZ NOW" I thought it was a joke or something.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
It's Hyper Voice. He uses Hyper Voice.

Was Wigglytuff really that hard? I remember teaching my Totodile Blizzard and my Charmander Overheat, which made the battle so easy.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
It's Hyper Voice. He uses Hyper Voice.

Was Wigglytuff really that hard? I remember teaching my Totodile Blizzard and my Charmander Overheat, which made the battle so easy.
The one to be actual explorers?

It was pretty easy. All I did was defeat the other members of the guild and then defeat Wigglytuff last pretty easy.

Lol, Hyper Voice? It looks more like Outrage tbh

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
The one in the picture is not the Wigglytuff of the guild, roach. :)

I remember the Grand Master of all things bad. He annoyed me beceause he kept taking about a dozen Flamethrowers to the face, so just tossed an x-Eye seed at him and let him wander about going "WTF" for most of the battle. :laugh:

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
The one in the picture is not the Wigglytuff of the guild, roach. :)

I remember the Grand Master of all things bad. He annoyed me beceause he kept taking about a dozen Flamethrowers to the face, so just tossed an x-Eye seed at him and let him wander about going "WTF" for most of the battle. :laugh:
Lol bro, the Grand Master of all Things Bad was ****ing funny. It's funny how incompetent his "lackies" are :laugh:

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Mightyenas movepool is like magikarps movepool :mad:

at least magikarp gets bounce >.>
No way. Hell, Magikrap doesn't even get a blasted STAB move. Bounce is it's best move by far.

At least Mightyena has the somewhat serviceable Crunch and elemental fangs.

Now, why doesn't Flygon get Sand Veil if he claims to be able to hide in a sandstorm in PMD?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Because we all know Bounce on Magikarp is far more helpful than Dig on Mightena. :p

I wonder why Wailord doesn't have Slam, but only Body Slam.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Because why slam you with a whale when it's much more effective to just land on you with it?

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Because we all know Bounce on Magikarp is far more helpful than Dig on Mightena. :p
It is? :confused:

I know, sarcasm...

Even though Dig might be one of Mightyena's better moves, it still has Crunch and at the absolute least a better moveset than Magikrap.

If we really had to pick a fully-evolved Pokemon with as close to a moveset as Magikarp, it'd probably be Luvdisc. Kyogre has a stupidly small moveset as well for its status.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Luvdisc's movepool is actually only short of Hydro Pump for it to be a good Water-Type movepool. It's got everything it needs and then some, it just doesn't have the stats to abuse them.

rockem7

Smash Ace
Yeah, Luvdisc gets Blizzard, that's far better than Magikarp. And although he's terribad at competitive pokemon, I once had like a 4-0 Luvdisc sweep against my brother who was using a mostly OU team minus Espeon.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Same with Kyogre, though.

Ice Beam, Thunder, Water Spout, and perhaps Hydro Pump or Surf. Maybe even Toxic if you've seen Shedinja run around a bit if you don't have Stealth Rock.

I have always been confused to why Absol can learn Bite but not Crunch. I personally feel that Absy's mouth is a bit small for even Bite but if you've got one, no reason to not learn the other...

Also, how the eff can Doduo/Dodrio learn fly? I know this is the topic about what Pokemon can't learn, but some move choices they did put in the game make no sense. Heck, it's flying animation in the console games show it running quickly in the air XD

verycoolguy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CoolVCG
Jirachi should have access to Swords Dance, Meteor Mash, and Explosion. Even though those moves would just make Jirachi a whole ton better, it would make sense for Jirachi to learn those moves IMO. Almost everything that learns Swords Dance has something sharp or pointy on their body. In Jirachi's case it would be his edgy head. Jirachi has descend from outer space, and its star-shaped appearence makes me think of the song Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, so Meteor Mash could match with Jirachi. I really don't know how to explain Explosion though. I guess since stars implode, Jirachi can somewhat act upon that by doing the opposite.

Would anyone go for ExtremeSpeed Snorlax?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Why can't Nintendo just decide to make Scizor an unstoppable metallic bug and give it Mach Punch?

Swords Dance/Bullet Punch/Mach Punch/Quick Attack

Only thing not afraid to switch into that set would be Rotom-A, haha.

verycoolguy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CoolVCG
Why can't Nintendo just decide to make Scizor an unstoppable metallic bug and give it Mach Punch?

Swords Dance/Bullet Punch/Mach Punch/Quick Attack

Only thing not afraid to switch into that set would be Rotom-A, haha.
As well as Metagross, Zapdos, Gyarados, Bronzong, Charizard, Moltres, Arcanine, Entei, Forretress, Skarmory, Jirachi, Swampert, Slowbro, Suicune, and Weezing.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Scizor threatens to 2HKO all of those after Stealth Rock except the bulky waters and Steel types not called Metagross.

Top Bottom