• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WHOBO 5 - Mk banned! - October 19-20th, 2013 - Houston, Tx - 1 DAYS LEFT! PLEASE BRING SET-UPS!

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
I was promised ssb64?

wut
Yeah where is the Smash 64 that was promised?
Im adding smash 64 casuals and will do a tournament if enough interest. How many people do you think will enter or show for smash 64? I would need a confirmed headcount. I just got the medals today and I have a total of 16. 13 for brawl/melee/project m and 3 extras that could be used for 64. If the interest is there I would host a tournament for it on the spot meaning no pre reg online. Everything will be done in person!

You should do like t-shirt raffles and stuff

Yea raffles will depend on the time we have cause we are limited. To get 9 events done in 2 days is gonna be crazy then potentially adding 64 is gonna take up all our time. Im adding other stuff and as the time goes on Ill announce some more announcements. Also wire transfer western union the money to xyro or paypal him so we can add it to the number we have. Pm him for the information!

If you or ABK show up to the tournament, I will calculate the fee and give it to you then. If not, I will have to send it to you via Paypal, Money order or something because odds are looking bad that I would not be able to go.
Wire transfer thru western untion or paypal will work. Like I was telling xyro I would like to match last years pot bonus money so once you do your tournament and I throw something to it, it should be at 500$ or more like last years...

I'll be there.

Any word on when the promo code for the hotels will be out?

:059:

I will get that to you tomorrow so check the thread for it!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Espy, yes u could stay with sync. Their house is open.

As for you ssb64 players, we can def do a small ssb64 tournament if there is enough interest. Payment will be done in person (5$ for singles). Nothing is guaranteed unless interest is there.

8Bitman

Smash Master
So in there!!

Entering:

Brawl Singles
Brawl Doubles
Mid Tier Singles

HHHHYYYYYYYPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Announcement #3: Smash 64 has officially been added as casuals and if enough interest a tournament will happen on the spot. The entry fee for singles will be $10 and doubles will be $5 each person. There will 3 medals given out to 1st place champions only, 1 for 1st place singles and 2 for 1st place doubles. For everyone thats entering for 64 needs to buy Venue Fee online and in the notes section mention that you are attending for smash 64, your gamertag, and what tournaments you are entering Singles, Doubles or both. If a tournament happens the entry fees will be collected once you receive your wristband at the door. Visit http://airbrushking.net/tournaments/whobo5 for Online Venue and Game Registration!

Holiday Inn Hotel Reservations: The group rate will be $89.99 a night and there will be 2 options to booking your room either by Phone or Online. Check below for options!

Option 1 (Phone): Call (713) 776-2633 and mention Group Code: WB5. Cash will not be accepted as a form of payment to book your hotel room. Everything must be done through credit cards only (Preferably in advance). The following dates have been reserved: Oct 18, 19, 20 for you to choose from. This is a 1st come 1st serve so book your hotel now before this special rate sells out!

Option 2 (Online): http://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/us/en/houston/housf/hoteldetail?groupCode=wb5

Xyro77

The Smash 4 trailer just came out and it seems (so far) like its either brawl 2.0 or maybe a little better. And the release date is early 2014 (jan/feb/march) so i can re-confirm that this will be the absolute last brawl event i will do for the state of texas.

Also, is anybody doing and major MMs with anybody? Brawl/Melee/PM? If so, please post and ill get your set streamed and hype up big time.

If anybody needs a teammate for any event, please post cause ive had people ask me "how do i figure out who needs a partner?"

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Forgot to mention that those who are booking your hotel room at the Holiday Inn there are the (AMENITIES AND PERKS) when you book with them.

FREE Complementary high speed internet and hot breakfast offered daily without any additional charges.

Option to earn IGH rewards points or frequent flyer airline miles. For more information ask guest services when you call for more details!

Xyro77

How about a the best ****ing Samus of all time? Zair and shine all day will lead the way, bay bay.

edit:

Complete hotel info is on the OP.

Pot bonus has also been updated.

GoldMegaman

Smash Cadet
Im so ready for this. After watching the Whobo 4 video Welcome to Whobo 4 im really hyped about this tournament so who wants to team? I main Lucas and Pit.

Tesh

Smash Hero
You will be welcome to house at Sync's for free/cheap I'm sure.

Beware that lots of people will jump on the only free housing so it will get crowded, but it will give u another 20 + hours to hang with tons of other smashers.

MassiveMoo

Smash Rookie
Thanks for setting up this tournament...(whoever I'm addressing). Now that you've added ssb64, I'll be there. Further, I may bring anywhere from 1 to 5 guys with me. I can bring 64, wires, and tv if needed?
I'm just a random, but I bet it'll be fun. I look forward to learning a lot.

Oh yeah, question. For doubles, is team attack on? I didn't see any clarification on this issue, so I wanted to ask just to make sure.

Thanks again, see you in October.
-MassiveMoo

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
I'll definitely be there. I'll bring a full setup, including Project M. I might want to do teams as well, but that depends if I can get a team going before July 31st. Otherwise, I'll just go do Brawl 1v1 along with the Mid tier and PM 1v1.

:applejack:

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Get a stream on this tourney please. I know there are folks who would love to see the tourny but just can't make it out at the time.
I concur. It would be nice to see some great tournaments and look back on the matches for analysis on improving your game. So much hype right now.

:applejack:

Tesh

Smash Hero
Get a stream on this tourney please. I know there are folks who would love to see the tourny but just can't make it out at the time.
Chibo is usually at every major tournament providing a top quality stream.

I'm pretty sure he will be at this like he was last year. If you can't come and plan to watch from home, try to donate a couple of bucks to chibo if you can. He does a great job bringing top level play to everyone who can't be there to see it in person.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Anybody interested in doing any doubles for Brawl or Project: M?

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Thanks for setting up this tournament...(whoever I'm addressing). Now that you've added ssb64, I'll be there. Further, I may bring anywhere from 1 to 5 guys with me. I can bring 64, wires, and tv if needed?
I'm just a random, but I bet it'll be fun. I look forward to learning a lot.

Oh yeah, question. For doubles, is team attack on? I didn't see any clarification on this issue, so I wanted to ask just to make sure.

Thanks again, see you in October.
-MassiveMoo

Sound good and the 64/wires/tv will be needed so feel free to bring it. Ill give you a drink coupon for bringing a full setup and that goes for anybody else that brings full setups as well. I have 5 coupons for 5 setups and as far as the rules ive seen different rules out there so what is the best rules to use? Also check the whobo site and get your venue so we can get a headcount on how many are coming for 64. Look forward to seeing you and your friends soon!

MassiveMoo

Smash Rookie
Sound good and the 64/wires/tv will be needed so feel free to bring it. Ill give you a drink coupon for bringing a full setup and that goes for anybody else that brings full setups as well. I have 5 coupons for 5 setups and as far as the rules ive seen different rules out there so what is the best rules to use? Also check the whobo site and get your venue so we can get a headcount on how many are coming for 64. Look forward to seeing you and your friends soon!
I'm fairly confident that there will be 3-4+ of us. Do you have any idea of how many other guys will want to play 64? It's a 6 hour drive for us. I don't mind it since I'm a truck driver, but I'd feel bad for my friends if I took them so far for no other players. (We can probably bring 3 set-ups)

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Well, I'm not the best at Smash 64... After so many years of not playing it, it feels awkward even with the GameCube controller. I'd be happy to do friendlies/MM on Smash 64 though.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I'm fairly confident that there will be 3-4+ of us. Do you have any idea of how many other guys will want to play 64? It's a 6 hour drive for us. I don't mind it since I'm a truck driver, but I'd feel bad for my friends if I took them so far for no other players. (We can probably bring 3 set-ups)
there are a handful of 64 players in houston and a bunch in LA, its just a matter of people showing up, as the date gets closer, more people will confirm/deconfirm

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Will anyone be offering rides from the airport to the hotel? I'd rather avoid paying out the butt for a taxi :x

:059:

I know that feel... Hmmmm, I'm guessing nobody wants to do any doubles for Brawl or Project M? Okay, I guess I better just sign up now...

Top Bottom