• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WHOBO 5 - Mk banned! - October 19-20th, 2013 - Houston, Tx - 1 DAYS LEFT! PLEASE BRING SET-UPS!

Tesh

Smash Hero
^signing up early will help with that, venue fee is cheaper now than paying at the door.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I want to go and pay for the venue now, but I won't have enough money.
And when I DO have enough money, it won't be enough for the fee at the door.

And this isn't even considering the payment for the events.

lol :applejack:

Tesh

Smash Hero
Well currently its only a 12 dollar difference (venue goes up to 50 at the door from 35 but - the 3 dollar paypal fee).

Speaking of things you should buy early for cheap...

MEGABUS TICKETS ARE NOW ON SALE FOR WHOBO WEEKEND.

You know you wanna go, so go to http://us.megabus.com/ and buy your tickets for 1 dollar each RIGHT NOW.

If you act now, the change in your pocket could get you across the country to WHOBO V!

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Went to Zuma to hang the Whobo 5 poster in the window and to give them flyers to hand out to every customer that comes thru the door. 3 months to go and its showtime!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
The hotel deal offered on the OP ends October 11. So if you want a reduced rate, get your hotel asap.

Also, MegaBus is offering rides to WHOBO 5 for $1 for 24 hours. If you are planning to go to whobo, buy the tickets asap.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Announcement #4 (Whobo 5 Medals): Lets get HYPE! Here are the 1st place Champion Medals for Brawl/Melee/Project M/64 to be awarded to Singles and Doubles tournaments so a total of 16 medals will be given out. We are thinking about doing a 3 day event next year if the turnout is good with your support this year so we will give more details about it soon. Venue fee increases August 1st so Pre-Register now at www.airbrushking.net/tournaments/whobo5 and more announcements are on the way so stay tuned!

(Brawl Medals)

(Melee Medals)

(Project M Medals)

(64 Medals)

Solid Soul

Smash Cadet
NNID
goten77
hmm i feel megabus is a good option for transportation to whobo... but would any1 b able to drive me around and maybe share a hotel?

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
3 day event next year? WHOBO 6? Would it be for Smash 4 if it came out?
Oh man I feel hyped already.
Yea it would be for smash 4 and no Whobo 6 because this is the last tournament to end of the whobo series. After this tournament Xyro and I will be working on a new series that will include the new Smash and other games as well. Xyro will post more info on that in the future!

hmm i feel megabus is a good option for transportation to whobo... but would any1 b able to drive me around and maybe share a hotel?

Megabus is a great option and as far as transportation that depends were you need to be drove around. The hotel is a 5-10 min walk away from the venue so if you book with them you should be good to go plus they feed you real breakfast for free so cant beat that. I been in the hotel suites and they are very nice. Oct 11 is the cut off and then I can see if I can get emergency hotels for those who are last minute so thats why everyone needs to book now before they sell out of the special rate!

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I am thinking of coming out to this. It really depends on my mood. The date for this gives me enough time to plan and have money for this tournament. So there are no johns from me in terms of cash to go here. Xryo I'll keep you updated as time passes by if I feel like going

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
What I'm curious about is now that Meta Knight has come for Project M 2.6, will he be available to use in the Project M divisions? I can understand Brawl, but what about him in Project M?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
What I'm curious about is now that Meta Knight has come for Project M 2.6, will he be available to use in the Project M divisions? I can understand Brawl, but what about him in Project M?
he probably isn't a problem in PM, since they can/did balance him.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
he probably isn't a problem in PM, since they can/did balance him.

That may be. I'd just like a confirmation from the TOs first about Meta Knight in Project M first.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Maybe I didn't make myself clear. I'm challenging any one of you guys to $200 MMs. After I win five times (and I will), I'm bumping up my anti up to $1000.

Tesh

Smash Hero
That may be. I'd just like a confirmation from the TOs first about Meta Knight in Project M first.
while i cant speak directly for xyro, there should be no need to ban a character in a game that has patches. MK does look good in p:m but if he is broken, the designers will fix him anyway

Xyro77

MK is legal in PM.
MK is banned in real brawl.

If u want free or super cheap housing, contact sync.

Drk Peach, I really hope you can come.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Maybe I didn't make myself clear. I'm challenging any one of you guys to $200 MMs. After I win five times (and I will), I'm bumping up my anti up to $1000.

Nah man, it's the $2 MM where it's at. It's at the highest stakes for the amount it takes to buy a Snickers bar from a vending machine. :p

MK is legal in PM.
MK is banned in real brawl.

If u want free or super cheap housing, contact sync.

Drk Peach, I really hope you can come.

Also, thanks for the clarification there Xyro even though I will not be manning Meta Knight in PM.

:applejack:

Tesh

Smash Hero
dont sonics usually money match for only 1 dollar?

i dont know where the hell u are getting snickers for 2 dollars but u got ripped off, even if its a king size

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
lol "real brawl"
finding it hard to justify giving venue fee money to someone with that attitude toward the side events, let alone traveling 10 hrs to do so. will see if the 3 major PM events between now and then satiate my desires for competition. that PM medal does look enticing though

Tesh

Smash Hero
your event is called project melee and you are offended that its not considered "real brawl"?

hell, you should be happy

Player-4

See you in 25 years
lol "real brawl"
finding it hard to justify giving venue fee money to someone with that attitude toward the side events, let alone traveling 10 hrs to do so. will see if the 3 major PM events between now and then satiate my desires for competition. that PM medal does look enticing though
Lmao is this a joke?

Xyro77

Seriously, if this is the REAL bomber ill do this Samus vs toonlink for 200$. if its lee martin posing at bomber, im outta here.

Top Bottom