• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WHOBO 5 - Mk banned! - October 19-20th, 2013 - Houston, Tx - 1 DAYS LEFT! PLEASE BRING SET-UPS!

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
But seriously, if someone could give me a ride to the airport after the tournament ends on Sunday that would be awesome. You would be compensated for your services with cash, obviously.

:059:

LOE1

Smash Lord
if only this wasnt during the school year lol. oh well

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
did someone say putt putt?

PUTT PUTT TRAVELS THROUGH TIIIIIME

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
But seriously, if someone could give me a ride to the airport after the tournament ends on Sunday that would be awesome. You would be compensated for your services with cash, obviously.

Dude i guarantee you that people will give you a ride. if you stay at Syncs house there will probably be 2 cars (illmatic and Sync). If it all fails, ill give you a ride.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Just making sure, because I remember a few close calls happening with APEX and can't afford to miss any more classes than I already am haha. Thanks. I'll be at a hotel but will be trying to leave for the airport right after the tournament ends on Sunday.

Everyone I know is too hyped for the mid-tiers tournament, screw good characters.

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
What do we need to do as TOs if we're gonna be potentially paying for players we sponsor (for my event here in East Texas, I'm looking at sponsoring 4 people total, those people being our winners of Brawl/P:M singles and one doubles team) in regards to their entry fees? Who would I need to get in contact with?

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
I'm fairly confident that there will be 3-4+ of us. Do you have any idea of how many other guys will want to play 64? It's a 6 hour drive for us. I don't mind it since I'm a truck driver, but I'd feel bad for my friends if I took them so far for no other players. (We can probably bring 3 set-ups)
Bring all 3 setups if you can and ive been getting a good response from posting all over about 64 tournament being at whobo so there is interest. Xyro will be making an announcement soon and will post pictures of the medals being awarded to all games. There are other prizes for all the games that will be awarded but I wont speak on it until the date draws closer!

What do we need to do as TOs if we're gonna be potentially paying for players we sponsor (for my event here in East Texas, I'm looking at sponsoring 4 people total, those people being our winners of Brawl/P:M singles and one doubles team) in regards to their entry fees? Who would I need to get in contact with?

Pm me and ill take care of you!

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Well, it's official. I'm getting myself involved in Brawl 1v1, mid tier 1v1, and Project M 1v1 now. Pre reg'd due to me not wanting to spend extra money at the door.

Any other Houston reps besides me? :applejack:

EDIT: Oh wait... I take that back. There are Airbrush King and Xyro for Houston... derp.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Well, it's official. I'm getting myself involved in Brawl 1v1, mid tier 1v1, and Project M 1v1 now. Pre reg'd due to me not wanting to spend extra money at the door.

Any other Houston reps besides me? :applejack:

EDIT: Oh wait... I take that back. There are Airbrush King and Xyro for Houston... derp.
I think a good 30-40 people will be from Houston.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
This is the Official Whobo 5 Flyer! Spread the word and share this with your friends on there facebook walls and print/hand them out. If you haven't Pre-Registered do so asap. Look forward to seeing everyone in a few months =)

8Bitman

Smash Master
So I am $10 MMing every IC, Marth, Diddy, Wario and ZSS I find during this tourney. R.O.B obv the worst.

Xyro77

Rob is def not the worst but he is def mid tier material. I would like to play you too if u dont mind.

8Bitman

Smash Master
You will probably destroy me cuz R.O.B Samus is awful. But sure, $5.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Suspect is gonna be here? Yoooooooooooooo.

Whobo saving begins now!

Sync, is it possible for me to hop in on the housing situation? I'll be coming by myself.
#GoingSopo
I wasn't going to go, but you've changed my mind.

Probably gonna cancel cause FFFFest is like 2 weeks after this in Austin and of course I rather go to that.

M.I.A will be there :o

Tesh

Smash Hero
Some pretty hilarious stuff can happen to ROB. He probably goes even with or only slightly beats Samus and Falcon

Tesh

Smash Hero
ICs just aren't tall enough to beat ROB.

Next smash Popo will be able to stand on top of Nana and this weakness will be removed.

DeadRabbit

Smash Rookie
I never got to MM you at the Austin WHOBO Xyro. We'll have to do that this time. I want to see the LEGEND!

Xyro77

I guess it's the exception MU. Trust me, it's bad.
LMAO i 2nd rob and though im not super proficient with him like you, i am telling you, Rob can do some tasty stuff to the green lesbian. Have more faith in the robot, man.

Some pretty hilarious stuff can happen to ROB. He probably goes even with or only slightly beats Samus and Falcon
I truly do not see how rob could lose to falcon.

I never got to MM you at the Austin WHOBO Xyro. We'll have to do that this time. I want to see the LEGEND!
Ill def play you but who do you use vs my samus?

8Bitman

Smash Master
Im not saying that I can't do nasty things to Samus. I'm just saying that the MU is easily a +1 for Samus. Take it from Esam and I.

DeadRabbit

Smash Rookie
LMAO i 2nd rob and though im not super proficient with him like you, i am telling you, Rob can do some tasty stuff to the green lesbian. Have more faith in the robot, man.

I truly do not see how rob could lose to falcon.

Ill def play you but who do you use vs my samus?

Link, or if you'd allow a higher tier, then D3.

smash-con

Smash Journeyman
You can look forward to seeing an appearance from me now. N64 being confirmed and all makes me much more interested. Even if we can't garner a huge tourney I'd love to just play some people outside of our current scene. Well worth the drive to see some friendly TX faces and have some good matches. :) Pushing much of our N64 scene to plan ahead and prepare for the trip now.

-Fancy

TigerBizNiz

Smash Apprentice
I'm thinking about going since this is in my area. :) Hopefully I'm not in a tight budget around the time it starts though...

Top Bottom