• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who do you think is the most balanced character?

DK_047

Smash Cadet
I would say Fox or Wolf, but Donkey Kong and Bowser are also pretty balanced. Overall, I would pick Fox

Moozle

Smash Champion
I think it's Wolf. He has a projectile (not broken), mediocre smashes, decent aerial moves, and a not very good recovery. He's not amazing to be considered broken, but also not terrible at all. Other than him, I think Luigi is probably pretty close.

gm jack

Smash Lord
In terms of match ups, it may be Lucario. Very even across the board, with 3 that are just over a 65:35 (either way, and determined by only one of the character boards at each point (MK beating him, ZSS and Samus losing to) and Ganondorf, who gets ***** by him.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Mario.
Sub-par recovery, decent smashes, decent aerials, mediocre aerial speed, but great specials.
Mario is the real Balanced character and as you told, hes attacks are decent.

I think Cap. Falcon is another example of well Balanced character, His Strength and Speed are very Balanced.

Oimetra

Smash Cadet
i think tlink has too much power

great speed, good dmg, not rlly good def... but can dodge really ez and has arrows/boomerang/bombs to keep distance, good recovery (specially if combined with bombs) awesome edgegarding thx to tether... tlink is just way too good... thx god it requires just a bit of talent

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
There are no balanced characters in brawl. Everyone's either good, really good, mediocre, or really bad.

Mario's in the mediocre category. He was designed to be balanced, but they did it wrong, giving him a completely mediocre everything but sideB, which is above average, and DownB, which is virtually useless against anyone with a brain, no matter how much the Mario mains wish to deny it. =\

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
i think tlink has too much power

great speed, good dmg, not rlly good def... but can dodge really ez and has arrows/boomerang/bombs to keep distance, good recovery (specially if combined with bombs) awesome edgegarding thx to tether... tlink is just way too good... thx god it requires just a bit of talent
By the way...
Yeah, Link can be a good Balanced character, His Ground Game is Amazing !

But...
His Speed is not a Great thing.
He can easily get ***** in the EDGE by any character that have a good Meteor Smash (Specially Ganondorfs D-air and Donkey Kong F-air/D-air)

Vect0r

Smash Journeyman
Mario can do many things. In fact, he's so balanced it makes him mediocre.

Luigi is also very balanced, though considered better than Mario.
Ironic, isn't it? Luigi has always lived in his bro's shadow, yet he's way better.
(or so people think)

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
i think ness is very balanced he doesn't really have anything in my opinion that is just overlly extraordinary
lolwut.

PKT2 kills at 35%.
Above average aerial game.
His special are energy-based.

-list goes on-

zeldspazz

Smash Master
What about zero suit samus? She has good killing aerials and side-b that make up for her bad-knockback smashes, decent specials, 3 recovery moves but 2 can be easily edgeguarded and 1 gains barely any vertical or only decent horizontal movement. Her quickness is balanced out by her lack of strength and she only has one situational projectile. She has one meteor but she almost always suicides when she uses it. That sounds pretty balanced to me.

Purple

Hi guys!
I want to say Mario would be the most balanced character because of melee. He was literally the middle of mid of tier. You couldn't get any more of an even character. His recovery was average. Combos did average damage. Gimping was Superb however, if you consider the cape as such. But with sonic in addition it might not be the case anymore.

Sonic has this for even.

Mario can't combo except for characters like ganon who don't have much they can do to punish. While's most of sonic's little trixies are pretty universal. Besides for small ability to kill. He's fast. Can rack up pretty decent damage. Great mindgames, maneuverability, and gimping skills.

Well for anyone who doesn't want to read my small ranting, I said Mario got toned down and Sonic took his place for most even :p[

@dark paladin X - Lucario is high tier. Besides for him getting chaingrabbed he doesn't have many downfalls. While he might suck form the beginning, If you have sense not to get yourself gimped Lucario is pretty beastly.

Browny

Smash Hater
If characters were balanced in this game, why does everyone trip so often

/bad joke

Pit for me. He just has one of everything. Except reflectors haha

Warioman123

Smash Apprentice
I want to say Mario would be the most balanced character because of melee. He was literally the middle of mid of tier. You couldn't get any more of an even character. His recovery was average. Combos did average damage. Gimping was Superb however, if you consider the cape as such. But with sonic in addition it might not be the case anymore.

Sonic has this for even.

Mario can't combo except for characters like ganon who don't have much they can do to punish. While's most of sonic's little trixies are pretty universal. Besides for small ability to kill. He's fast. Can rack up pretty decent damage. Great mindgames, maneuverability, and gimping skills.

Well for anyone who doesn't want to read my small ranting, I said Mario got toned down and Sonic took his place for most even :p[

@dark paladin X - Lucario is high tier. Besides for him getting chaingrabbed he doesn't have many downfalls. While he might suck form the beginning, If you have sense not to get yourself gimped Lucario is pretty beastly.
Must we involve tiers?

JUDGE

Smash Lord
mario is the most balanced.
but in the hands of real pros he is incredible strong.
i love his aerials

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
The lack of Kirby in this thread is disturbing!!

Kirby and Fox i say are the most balanced, it only took them 3 games though.

Kirby 64 Godly broken, Melee Kirby-horrible
Fox 64- very good, Melee Fox - Well i think we know about that.

Purple

Hi guys!
The lack of Kirby in this thread is disturbing!!

Kirby and Fox i say are the most balanced, it only took them 3 games though.

Kirby 64 Godly broken, Melee Kirby-horrible
Fox 64- very good, Melee Fox - Well i think we know about that.
Fox has outstanding power in brawl. Kirby is pretty hardcore broken too.

Jun.

Smash Lord
what i don't understand is why is there 6 pages of thread concerning the most balanced character? I mean it would be different if the discussion was on the BEST character or even the WORST character but seriously what come out of having a discussion to find out who is in the middle.

Hooray

Flayl

Smash Hero
what i don't understand is why is there 6 pages of thread concerning the most balanced character? I mean it would be different if the discussion was on the BEST character or even the WORST character but seriously what come out of having a discussion to find out who is in the middle.

Hooray
I want to know why you posted in a thread without even reading the first post? I guess we'll never know!

Top Bottom