• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who do you think is the most balanced character?

highfive

Smash Lord
mhh. I'd say DK. He's surprisingly fast for a heavy weight, he's pretty strong and seems like a good character to work on if your new to Smash. He's a big target though so maybe Mario.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
It really depends on your definition of balanced. IMO, it's either a character that is all around average, or a character that has obvious flaws but can balance them out with being overpowered in other areas.

In my honest opinion, I'd probably say:

Diddy Kong: Decent recovery, but gimpable if you're below the stage. Mediocre killing ability but has exceptional damage wracking to compensate.

Snake: Gets juggled and comboed like a mofo, yet has good defensive tactics to avoid those situations. Good damage wracking ability, yet can be out manuevered by faster characters. Good recovery but can be predicted and easily spiked or take a lot of damage at the least.

Zero Suit Samus: A tether recovery, but has tools to avoid easy gimps unlike other tetherers. Good combo ability, decent killing ability, and good range, but is very light to balance this out.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
To be completely biased, ness is one of the more well rounded characters in the game, apart from how slowly his attacks get off; he can juggle fairly well, pkfire can trap some people into combos, pkt gets characters far away, pkflash kills, good mind games, aerial ability = awesome, yoyos are quick and good smashes overall, tilts can do something (although they have a slightly shorter range than I want), ...

Mario is tied or even ahead of ness though.

Mag!c

Smash Apprentice
I believe that the most balanced character is ROB. He has all around good range, speed, specials, and a projectile. His godly recovery is offset by his lower killing potential.

Scott!

Smash Lord
I like the Fox arguments. He is pretty well-balanced in the game, and outside of his hard counters, he's pretty solid too.

I'm also pretty biased in favor of my main, like everyone else, but I do think Marth is decently balanced. First off, look at his match-ups. He does best against the worst characters, and worst against the best, generally speaking. He's got some great moves, but he's got faults as well, like his mediocre recovery and trouble killing if tips don't land. No projectile, but can deal with them. He's probably not the best though, but I felt compelled to suggest him.

fissionprime

Smash Apprentice
I believe that the most balanced character is ROB. He has all around good range, speed, specials, and a projectile. His godly recovery is offset by his lower killing potential.
i would have to disagree, ROB's ability to use his projectiles to attack from a distance allows him to rack up damage easily, offsetting his slight lack of killing power. And i dont think you can really offset a recovery like ROB's unless you are absolutely atrocious in another area.

easy mac

Smash Apprentice
i would say mario for sure. he isn't outstanding in anything but isn't lacking anything really either so he is just your average joe of the game.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
I highly disagree, his GODLY recovery allows him to chase opponents till they die at low percentages, which covers his killing-power and he STILL has an uber recovery. Not very balanced I'd say.
Imo a balanced character is a character who doesn't have extreme cons or pros, Mario for example has an Extreme gimping game, Marth has an extreme range/spacing game, Sonic has extreme punishing-abilities from far away, Falcon is extremely bad, MK is extremely good, almost all characters have these extremes, and the one character who doesn't have extreme cons and pros. Ness and Fox come closest to being balanced I'd say, they have no real hard weaknesses and don't do extremely good in some areas, their pros don't have to make up for their cons as much as other characters. Lucas comes close too, but his recovery is VERY good, but that's the only thing that keeps him a little bit off balance.

Flayl

Smash Hero
A balanced character can have extremes as long as they're offset by true weaknesses. For example, Wolf's FSmash's range and DSmash's quickness are balanced by his sub-par recovery.

Top Bottom