• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What "Small" Feature do you want added?

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Star Ko's. Sure they can screw you over during time matches... but the game won't be the same without "Piika piiiiikaaaaaa" and other blasting off sounds.
When the Star KO animation begins, it instantly counts as a KO (even before the "ding")

Being able to grab Sandbag.

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
Being able to choose between Japanese and English voices- hands down ^-^.

Also, even go for the MvC treatment and let you change it on a character by character bases :D

Loachy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Loachy
3DS FC
3780-9091-2349
Dead thread
How about co-op Classic Mode
I mean, why not? All the other 1P modes have co-op

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
I want a Stamina Mode to be its own separate mode.

I want a KOF-inspired Group Mode.

I want the Mario Bros to be portrayed like the Mario Bros!

Wombatz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Heroicwombat
A nice Opening animation like from melee... And the announcer saying SUER SMAAAAAAASH BROTHEEEERRRRS

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I would like something akin to the chronicle that displays franchise symbols for every nintendo held series.

Hong

The Strongest
Bump.... Bump
It's okay to bring up helpful threads, especially if it hasn't been that long since its last response, but please don't just post "bump". It's considered spam. Thanks! ^~^

For me, I'd like a built-in rematch/run-back feature, so you can restart a match with the same stage and characters right from the victory screen.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Co-op classic mode sounds pretty cool. Same with grabbing Sandbag, could help with learning combos. With custom moves, you should be able to change moves from the character selection screen. Or at least, save them by name, that way you could pick a certain setup by name. It'd be nice if you could make one custom color swap per character. Though it's not that big of a deal to me.

Most of all, I hope we can still change the button layout like in Brawl.

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
1.Villager gets fishing rod added to his moveset before release.
2.Grab the sandbag
3.Good selection of outfits/accessories for Mii Fighter

Super Writer

Smash Apprentice
  1. The ability to customize palette swaps.
  2. An event match called "Gotta go Fast", which pits 4 Sonics against each other on a speed up version of a scrolling stage.

elephant13

Smash Apprentice
Something I always thought would be cool (yet would never happen) is that the original 12 get a custom costume where you play in their original 64 graphic style.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Something that I'd love to see, but seems extremely unlikely now, is to have a character selection screen like 64's to when you choose a character, a little animation of the character is shown on the player's box.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
  • I've always wanted a Rival Battle in Classic mode. ALWAYS. Just before Master Hand, you fight a powered-up version of someone related to your character somehow on the Final Destination version of your home stage. Mega Man vs. Pac Man. Palutena vs. Rosalina. Charizard vs. Villager. Greninja vs. Shiek. Peach vs. Bowser. Do it.
  • I want All-Star mode to return to its Melee format, with random opponents steadily and predictably increasing in number. Brawl's method drove me crazy with its sudden difficulty spikes.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
A username based KO reel - both KOs you've received and KOs you've administered over time.

Also, more humbly, I would like a mode where quite simply I can pay tribute to the NES Devil for all the good fortune Satan has brought me.

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
For the trophy mini-game, I want to be told whether or not I've attained all possible trophies. In the melee lottery, for example, you were told you'd have a 0% chance of getting a new trophy. I'd like a similar indicator.

Super Writer

Smash Apprentice
Retro costumes, by which I mean importing the character models from Super Smash Bros. 64. I would totally use 64 Donkey Kong's dopey textured mouth skin every time I use him.

Melee would be cool too, though I think Brawl would push it as the current models aren't quite as different.

Calibrate

Smash Apprentice
Less smoke when you move. If you watch the gameplay videos, it feels like every character is a steaming pipe..

Smaller trails when you fly away.

You should be able to customize the game mode icons in the main menu, so you can start with multiplayer already selected, for example.

4 taunts per character!

No game demos. They were too short and useless. Might as well spend more time on tweaking the main game.

Being able to select presets for game settings (which you can add in yourself) would be sweet.

Make the C-stick tilt the screen. It's satisfying in a weird way.

Stocks with Stamina mode.

Voice chat! You could set it in the settings screen. Everyone is happy.

Larger % symbols to the right of the counter.

Last edited:

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
I came up with another thing: I want Ness, Lucas, and Mr. Game & Watch to have their down special changed or replaced. It's just poor character balance. I understand the moves make sense in the context of the franchises they come from, but it's still just awful for balance that they have the ability to absorb some characters' projectiles but not others.

Booster

Smash Lord
A feature to where you can make your own costume like in Tekken 5, where each character has different accessories.

That would be the ****

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Trophy Trading
You can't trade trophies you get in Classic Mode, All-Star Mode, and trophies you get by doing special events, but any other trophy can be traded with friends.

Born in 1839...

Smash Apprentice
Have the option to switch the announcer's voice to N64 voice. Also, N64 costumes on the default cast, like playing as the N64 Yoshi.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Return of Brawl replays+MK8's youtube upload function=upload full (if short) matches online.

ChillerDuu

Smash Cadet
The animations that happen once you select a character like in the first game.

EndlessSmash

Smash Cadet
Too many possibilities with small features... how about implementing DLC packages?

I'll miss the ingame cutscenes in Brawl's Subspace Emissary; it's a shame Sakurai decided not to put those in once again because online media sites "took the excitement out".

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I don't think this can be considered "small" but, I'd love to see unique Target Smash stages again. Oh, and Board the Platforms would be nice if brought back. The trophy mini-game from Melee was pretty cool too (despite most of the time I purposely K.O. myself). I think I'd just like to see more "Bonus Stages" available in Classic and through the main menu.

Aside from that, audio options for characters! :D

Luigi160

Smash Cadet
The option to set each player's stock count, a much better stage builder, and full match replays.

Egg-Off the Conquerer

Smash Apprentice
For games with customizable character appearances (robin in FE awakening, villager in Animal Crossing New Leaf) i would like to be able to carry over the customized appearance from the. Original game

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
This is probably just me, but I liked the "World: Location" system of naming stages that was in Melee. Especially now that I'm into Street Fighter, which does something similar in IV.

You know, like:

Hyrule: Temple
Kalos: Pokémon League
Skyworld: Palutena's Temple
North America: Boxing Ring
Unknown: Final Destination

Raijinken

Smash Master
Language option. At LEAST for voice, and preferably for menus as well. I wanna be able to toy around with mine and practice reading trophies in Japanese.

Top Bottom