• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What "Small" Feature do you want added?

ahannoush4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Drazzle
Every time you boot up the game and the title appears a different characters says "Super Smash Brothers!"

D

Deleted member

The ability to delete only the character unlock data so you can unlock everyone again without having to start the whole game over. I think this feature was in Melee, but I know it's absent from Brawl.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
The ability to delete only the character unlock data so you can unlock everyone again without having to start the whole game over. I think this feature was in Melee, but I know it's absent from Brawl.
I would like this.
And an option to change the character specific victory themes to the general series victory theme and vice versa.

the8thark

Smash Lord
I would like an option to set the stage music to be any of the music's you've unlocked in the game. Not just a choice of a few. You can have the choice of a few with the slider bars of how often each track is heard as usual. Just you would choose what each slider bar's track is, and not have it chosen for you like in Brawl.This way if Nintendo get a few of the SSB4 mixes of our favourite tracks wrong, we don't have to listen to them ever and we can replace them with the better tracks.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
I'd like to be able to sequence the track selection as well - set the pattern of occurrences that way songs that are hilarious and I so do not want turned off (think Car Select in Port Aero Drive) can still occur without overrunning the typical tracks I'd like to hear

Last edited:

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Every time you boot up the game and the title appears a different characters says "Super Smash Brothers!"
That would actually be really cool.
Mario, Luigi, Peach, Rosalina, Samus, Fox, Captain Falcon, Marth, Ike, Robin, Lucina, Pit, Palutena, and Sonic would probably be the ones saying it, as there aren't many other characters who speak much.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Mario, Luigi, Peach, Rosalina, Samus, Fox, Captain Falcon, Marth, Ike, Robin, Lucina, Pit, Palutena, and Sonic would probably be the ones saying it, as there aren't many other characters who speak much.
And of the occasional "Su...uooyah!" from Link as a callback to when he tried to say "Soul Calibur II" :p

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I think it could be fun if the characters who can't speak would say this as well, but then in their own language.
'PIKA PI PIKA PIIIIIIIIIIII!'

STiCKYBULL3TZ

Smash Ace
NNID
STiCKYBULL3TZ
3DS FC
2036-9005-7675
And of the occasional "Su...uooyah!" from Link as a callback to when he tried to say "Soul Calibur II" :p
Haha I always thought that was hilarious! He sure tried his best tho. Him and Voldo really couldn't get it.

Anyway back to the topic...I created a thread about it but it didn't pick up so I'll mention it here:

I would like the chance to spectate your friends matches. You could talk and give advice during/after the match and then switch out players to set up the next match. Kinda like a party mode where there are a bunch of ppl together in a party but the game only pits two to fight while the rest watch and wait for their turn.
(Maybe this isn't that small)

One other thing I would want to see (might have been mentioned already) is a custom menu. You choose a main character and your character is showcased throughout the menus whether it's through artwork or the actual character model. You could also choose more than one if you wanted to cycle through characters

the8thark

Smash Lord
I would change this to a random character says his/her most famous catch phrase. Yes for someone like Link it'd be something like "Heee-Yaaaa" As he doesn't actually say anything.

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
Character specific Break the Targets. The thing in Brawl where it had difficulties but every character competed on 5 stages was tedious.
I really want that too. But I saw someone mention something I didn't really quite think about. There are way more characters in Smash 4 then there were in Melee. So they would potentially have to make over 40 unique Break the Target stages. Since I realized that I am starting to kinda doubt that will happen...

the8thark

Smash Lord
I also want Melee styled 51 (or however many) challenge levels/stages. I thought the Melee ones were done so well, but the Brawl ones were lame. I actually hated doing the Brawl ones. The difficulties added to the brawl ones was just pointless.

Niala

Smash Ace
I really want that too. But I saw someone mention something I didn't really quite think about. There are way more characters in Smash 4 then there were in Melee. So they would potentially have to make over 40 unique Break the Target stages. Since I realized that I am starting to kinda doubt that will happen...
I have considered that before, but that doesn't necessarily make it impossible. It would simply mean they needed to allocate more of their available time to developing them. In fact, I would think developing character specific ones would be simpler-- the developers are well aware of each character's mechanics, and can develop levels that test a player's ability to use any specific one. Designing a level that 50+ characters have to use means you need to balance them so that each character ~can~ complete it, so they end up simple and with little fear of actually completing them, making them more of a test of time. You also run into issues where specific areas might be particularly difficult for specific characters, for example, in the frozen Break the Targets in Brawl, there were two specific targets that were relatively inaccessible for characters who had poor recovery/no projectile.

So, the long and the short of it is that it might prove easier to allocate the time to making more of them, but not having to worry quite as much about balancing them. Brawl could have been a test run that they look back on and didn't like the outcome.

Last edited:

Renji64

Smash Lord
a way to organize friends tags would be great it sucks when you have alot of tags and u gotta delete ur tag just to find it.

MajorasMask888

Smash Rookie
Link's Final Smash MUST be either Fierce Diety from Majora's Mask or Wolf Limk from Twilight Princess doing her energy field. And the Pokemon should all evolve for their FS. And WHY am I a rookie? I've played every game...

Last edited:

Ignoth

Smash Cadet
A proper fight against Master & Crazy Hand guaranteed at the end of Classic Mode. The time limit in Brawl you needed to beat to battle them was just annoying.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
I'd like:
  • Stickers to be cut entirely.
  • Stage Builder capable of using Final Destination mode stages as templates to make new stages.
  • Melee-esque Event Matches, where players can't choose difficulty but rather progress in difficulty as the player clears more and more matches.

TurnUp

Smash Apprentice
More classic sound effects like Mario's Up-B and Kirby's inhale sounds. (You can hear this in some direct audio)
I haven't noticed any others particularly, but I love them both.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Character focused menu themes. The icons, overall aesthetic, announcer, and music changes to fit that character depending on your selection. Similar to what happened with character themes in Sonic Adventure 2.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I'll only accept this if Marth goes "DAIRANTOU SMASH BRURODERSSSSUUU" and Bowser could also speak, he does pronounce some words on various games...also, Meta Knight and Snake if he makes it in. Let's see...King K. Rool if he gets his voice from the cartoon (Plz).

PKmeloa

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3394-3640-7660
Link's Final Smash MUST be either Fierce Diety from Majora's Mask or Wolf Limk from Twilight Princess doing her energy field. And the Pokemon should all evolve for their FS. And WHY am I a rookie? I've played every game...
You mean Mega Evolve right? When a Pokemon normally evolves, it can't change back (Pikachu and Jigglypuff are the only Pokemon that are not fully evolved). Also Greninja is a fully evolved Pokemon, and he doesn't have a mega.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I would like Battlefield versions of most of the stages, just like FD :c

John Storm

Smash Rookie
Here's some of mine:

* Break the targets designed for individual characters (basically like in melee)
* Race to the finish back (loved that one)
* CDs being collectable in matches
* Challenges returning
* Stickers not returning
* Tournament mode allowing up to 64 characters again (also like melee)

First post ^^

ahannoush4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Drazzle
I'll only accept this if Marth goes "DAIRANTOU SMASH BRURODERSSSSUUU" and Bowser could also speak, he does pronounce some words on various games...also, Meta Knight and Snake if he makes it in. Let's see...King K. Rool if he gets his voice from the cartoon (Plz).
That would be awesome! I'm glad everyone is liking my idea :) Sakurai should take notes for a version update or something ;)

Booster

Smash Lord
Customizable costumes for all characters, it wouldn't have to be Soul Calibur deep, just basic Tales of Xillia or if they wanted to be lazy Graces f

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
How about a better Stamina Mode. Complete with stocks and a much higher stamina count (like around 1,000, maybe even more.).

08skidoosh80

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tyler80
3DS FC
3136-6615-9131
Switch FC
SW-5074-0505-2141
I just really want Bowser to be voiced by Kenny James, and DK to have his cartoon show voice Tropical Freeze voice.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Ability to switch between languages like Melee pls

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
With everyone speculating about new characters and how OP their favorite character is, let's focus on the smaller-side of the game. What small nit-picky feature do you want to see added to Smash 4?
One thing I really want to see is the character select screen to have the models animated after you select your character (similar to what they did in 64, but they would keep moving in an idle stance). It would add a lot more flavor to the character select screen and makes it less bland, I feel.
I did think of that same idea once, but frankly, that would probably cost more money and take more development time. Imagine doing that for EVERY single character.

WHICH...gives me an idea! I really hope there is another way to gain the trophies of all the other playable characters besides beating Classic Mode (or whatever one-player campaign they will have in Smash 4) with all of them. I, for one, found that incredibly tedious, especially in Brawl. Honestly, I haven't even gotten all the playable character or final smash trophies in Brawl, because I just got so tired of all the repetition that I was just all like, "#%&@ it!"

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
I would really would love the return of the awards after every battle.

You know, those silly titles like “whipping boy“, “stiff knees“, “Merciful master“, “shooting star“.

I loved those and made me and my friends have a good laught in our melee times, as we used to pay attention to them to mock each other. I dont know why they were taken out in brawl. It infuriated me.

Also, I would love the return of the screams of pain. In melee, when characters were hit with a potential killer blow, or got hit for dead, they used to scream instantly when receiving the final blow. In brawl, this was taken out, and they only screamed when turning into shooting stars. And that took away the feel of accomplishment I had from making someone like pikachu scream like a little bish after receiving a falcon punch to the face. Or for example, when doing a free for all in the “cave of life“ from hyrule temple, you could hear the screams and teching galore.

I want those 2 little things returning more than anything

Also, I would love t

Top Bottom