• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What "Small" Feature do you want added?

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
With everyone speculating about new characters and how OP their favorite character is, let's focus on the smaller-side of the game. What small nit-picky feature do you want to see added to Smash 4?

One thing I really want to see is the character select screen to have the models animated after you select your character (similar to what they did in 64, but they would keep moving in an idle stance). It would add a lot more flavor to the character select screen and makes it less bland, I feel.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I say the ability to show your favorite character on your Nintendo Network profile when playing online.
I'd be neat.

Last edited:

TL?

Smash Ace
Dash canceling from melee. Basically you press down while running and your run is canceled. Basically It lets you use tilts/smashes from your run.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Customizing the color of your shield and 'self-destruct' lines.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
The game remembering your last match setup or making Stock the default setting.

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
One thing I thought would be neat was if the place where the results screen takes place was on the stage you had your battle on rather than some bland-ass screen

If Chronicle returns, boxarts, screenshots and other artwork for each title would be great. Though, it would take a lot of work to make that happen, so maybe it's not a small feature in that sense.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
If I could have 4 different Mario's of all the same color at the same time that'd be great.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Each character has like 3 different on screen appearances so it's a different one every time you start a match.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
That's a little too big!

I want one of Ness' taunts to pull out the soundstone, which will stop the music currently playing and instead play the Eight Melodies for as long as you don't move.
Lol, I guess you're right, it's BIG!

I guess just that feature that not only load block IDs but also load models and animations off the SD card, and let others edit stage files in an unusual way.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'd love to be able to create a montage of your best moments in Smash, and Show it off on Miiverse or Online.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
More camera options, and maybe private Miiverse communities integrated into online lobbies, if the Nintendo Network is even capable.

Khao

Smash Lord
Every character comes with a white version of their default costume, and when you choose it, one of these comes up:

Which allows you to give the costume any color you want.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Every character comes with a white version of their default costume, and when you choose it, one of these comes up: .
Ah, The Mysterious Orb of This Is Nowhere Near the Color I Had In Mind But It Will Have To Do. The only way I see that working is changing the entire hue of the character, which is weird. Alt costumes usually feature different colors for different articles of clothing.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Communities similar to Mario Kart 7, and being able to upload replays to a computer.

Sheik101

Smash Rookie
For character's such as Greninja and Mario's Fludd, I would like the water attacks to cancel out fire attacks. For example, Fludd would extinguish Bowser's flame breath and items such as the fire flower.

Last edited:

Nippo

Smash Cadet
For character's such as Greninja and Mario's Fludd, I would like the water attacks to cancel out fire attacks. For example, Fludd would extinguish Bowser's flame breath and items such as the fire flower.
This is a bad idea for balance, and elemental weaknesses were removed from Project M for a reason.

I would like Glory Mode to feature at least FD, Battlefield and Smashville options for each stage.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
If they had the menu songs and character select songs from each smash bros game that would be awesome.

Last edited:

T_for_Teej

Smash Rookie
Fighter animations on the character select screen - one for when you pass over a fighter, one for when you select a fighter.

Being able to save stuff like stock, time, items, etc. as your own custom rule sets.

Nippo

Smash Cadet
Fighter animations on the character select screen - one for when you pass over a fighter, one for when you select a fighter.
That would probably add loading times to the select screen, and I think we all like the snappiness of Smash select screens.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
That would probably add loading times to the select screen, and I think we all like the snappiness of Smash select screens.
Well Smash 64 had animations and it didn't even have that much loading anyways. Although models back then were so low quality that processing time needed was so much less, plus the fact that there were only 12 models instead of 50+ like this iteration seems to be heading towards.

Nippo

Smash Cadet
Not to mention that Smash 64 is a cartridge-based game with negligible loading times in general, as was the case for most N64 titles.

Wii U loading is very slow in comparison. I especially noticed this in Wonderful 101 and Tropical Freeze.

Last edited:

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
I want a pink and gold mix costume of every character.

Bowser with a Pink Shell and gold body

Samus with a gold body and pink outlines

Greninja with a pink body and gold underbelly

Little Mac with pink shirt and gold gloves

Peach having her hair and dress swapped

Pink Donkey Kong gold tie. All my yes.

etc. etc.

mralh

Smash Rookie
NNID
mralhm
I think they should make Ness' Final Smash PSI Rockin' instead of Starstorm, since that's his signature high-damage move in Earthbound.

Last edited:

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Disable/enable characters for random icon and have random icon in each player portraits, pre-set via profile name alongside controller settings.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Shiny Pokemon colors. Even though Pikachu's and Jigglypuff's are underwhelming.

Top Bottom