• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Game Should I Get?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Alright. Getting PS3. Getting these following games:

Dragon Age (with All DLC)
FFXIII (I have too, sorry =3)
Infamous
SSFIV
Blazblue CS

Now I have:
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Monster Hunter Tri

(Pokemon SS, but it'll be done before christmas)

Sooooo, that's like, a movie-rpg (FFXIII), western rpg (Dragon Age), Actionrpg (MH Tri, though more adventurish imo), Action (Infamous), Fighting (Blaz/SSFIV), and FPSAdventure(Metroid)

I really want one of two things: A JRPG (a real one), or an adventure game. So I'm thinking between:

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Star Ocean 4 (International)
Demon's Soul
Epic Yarn
SMG
Sonic Colors.

I'm -really- leaning towards Star Ocean, as I've wanted a good jrpg forever, but I hear mixed reviews. So is it terrible? What would you reccomend? :x

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Demon's Souls is an excellent game, but it is extraordinarily difficult. If you want a game to make you into a man, get it. It is quite good though. :3c

Kirby's Epic Yarn is excellent, so I would also recommend that. Great gameplay, decent length for a Kirby game, and so freaking adorable that you want to pinch its cheeks.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Demon's Souls is an excellent game, but it is extraordinarily difficult. If you want a game to make you into a man, get it. It is quite good though. :3c

Kirby's Epic Yarn is excellent, so I would also recommend that. Great gameplay, decent length for a Kirby game, and so freaking adorable that you want to pinch its cheeks.
Yeah, regardless of what I pick, I will get Demon's Soul eventually.

Problem is, I'm seriously itching for a good jrpg.. and FFXIII hardly counts. So I'm really close to getting Star Ocean, because people say the synthesis isn't near as confusing, and it's better than 3 was.

Dunno, I've got time to think it out. Really comes down between SO/Kirby.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I really loved Yugioh Worldwide Edition Stairway to the Destined Duel for the gba when I was a kid.

I was much younger then, so I dont know how it would sit with you, but I certainly enjoyed it.
After looking into it, it looks to be exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you very much for the suggestion!

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
Alright, I'm kind of bored to death with the games that I have so I want something new. Can any of you recommend me a PC game that's not an FPS, but still fun to do online with a friend. Also, no MMORPGs unless they are extraordinarily good ;p.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
So is Sonic Adventure on the XBL Marketplace worth it or not?

Or what else is worth buying on the Marketplace?
The PSN version is good, but without the DX dlc it shows it's age with textures, or lack thereof.
4:3 screen isn't really noticeable after a while, unless you think about it constantly.
Even though it's fun- a port of the PC version of DX, with Dreamcast graphics and no missions until you get the dlc. Doesn't have the multiplayer with Tails that I think the Gamecube version had.

That said, it is the same game, glitches and all.

However, if Monkey Island 2 SE is available for a similar price, I'd recommend that :bee:.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
If you like FPSs, get Goldeneye 007 for Wii. IMO it's definitely the best FPS on Wii, and using the Wii-remote and nunchuk is almost as good as a mouse and keyboard.
I agree, it's the "must have" FPS game on the Wii at the moment.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I want to get into Megaman. NEVER played any of them, except some rpg one on the ps2. Give me suggestions, from the 8 bit era to now. Megaman 1-10, X-X10, everything. I want to hear the good ones, :3

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I recommend the Mega Man Battle Network games on the GBA, I found them fun and they were the first Mega Man games I've ever played.

finalark

SNORLAX
I want to get into Megaman. NEVER played any of them, except some rpg one on the ps2. Give me suggestions, from the 8 bit era to now. Megaman 1-10, X-X10, everything. I want to hear the good ones, :3
If you can find it, the Mega Man Anniversary collection for GC/PS2/Xbox contains Mega Man 1-8 and is a great way to get into the series. They also have a Mega Man X collection that's sadly harder to find but has all of the X games on it.

Personally, Mega Man X 1 on the SNES is my favorite game in the franchise.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Then I shall begin a hunt for old games. Honestly, the rpg megaman on the ps2 was pretty good... I might pick that up

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I want any game that allows me to recruit/train monsters on the NES, SNES, Genesis, Gameboy Advanced and PS1.

I already know of Pokemon, haha. Please recommend me some games : D

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I want any game that allows me to recruit/train monsters on the NES, SNES, Genesis, Gameboy Advanced and PS1.

I already know of Pokemon, haha. Please recommend me some games : D
Jade Cocoon.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Then I shall begin a hunt for old games. Honestly, the rpg megaman on the ps2 was pretty good... I might pick that up
It kinda hurts trying to pick a MM game because they're all really good lol.
I recommend playing the Legends series, the length of gameplay would probably be longer than the Platformer Series, and shorter than the RPG Series

On a side note, playing Megaman Zero for GBA is good too (that goes for ZX series)

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Anyone have any good PS3 recommendations that do NOT include Street Fighter or CoD?
-can't play SF and is gonna buy Black Ops eventually-

I just finished Mirror's Edge and I have BB: continuum shift
...And I don't have any other games XD;;

Looking for something that isnt scary....
and is really fun and addicting. Something actiony would probably be epic :o
Basically, interested in finding any sort of not scary game that's really fun for PS3. I have broad tastes in games

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I'm getting Infamous, Dragon Age, FFXIII, Star Ocean 4, and SSFIV with my ps3...but meh. Idk what game you're looking for =p

finalark

SNORLAX
Looking for something that isnt scary....
and is really fun and addicting. Something actiony would probably be epic :o
Basically, interested in finding any sort of not scary game that's really fun for PS3. I have broad tastes in games
-Uncharted 1 and 2
-Infamous
-Ratchet and Clank 4 and 5
- Sly Collection (assuming you haven't already played them on PS2)
- Demon's Souls (BONE-CRUSHINGLY hard)
- Assassin's Creed 2 (first one isn't worth it)
- God of War Collection + GoW 3
- Yakuza 3
- SEGA All Stars Racing

That's all I could could think of off the top of my head but it should be enough to give you several hours of non-scary entertainment.

finalark

SNORLAX
I'm looking for a good JRPG that has the following:

- A ton of character customization
- Excellent dungeon design
- Interesting and fun battle system

Story doesn't mean anything to me in a JRPG.

I own the following consoles:

- PS1-3
- Genesis
- Dreamcast
- Game Cube
- Wii
- Xbox 360

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I'm looking for a good JRPG that has the following:

- A ton of character customization
- Excellent dungeon design
- Interesting and fun battle system

Story doesn't mean anything to me in a JRPG.

I own the following consoles:

- PS1-3
- Genesis
- Dreamcast
- Game Cube
- Wii
- Xbox 360
I don't think most JRPGs have a ton of character customization, but maybe Shadow Hearts Covenant for the PS2? Or Digital Devil Saga?

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
So, I just recently got a PS3. Thing is, I don't know a lot of games for it. I love action/adventure games, RPGs and fighting games. The game doesn't have to be one of these genres, but I'm looking for a game that'll last be about a week or 2. I'm also personally trying to avoid FPSes and such. They're just not really my thing.

Games I'm probably gonna get are Super Street Fighter 4, and the Uncharted series. Any other games I should get?

finalark

SNORLAX
So, I just recently got a PS3. Thing is, I don't know a lot of games for it. I love action/adventure games, RPGs and fighting games. The game doesn't have to be one of these genres, but I'm looking for a game that'll last be about a week or 2. I'm also personally trying to avoid FPSes and such. They're just not really my thing.

Games I'm probably gonna get are Super Street Fighter 4, and the Uncharted series. Any other games I should get?
- Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
- Ratchet and Clank 4 and 5
- BlazBlue: Continuum Shift
- Batman: Arkham Asylum
- Sega All Stars Racing
- Assassin's Creed II
- Little Big Planet

That's just off the top of my head.

POKE40

Smash Lord

Little Big Planet (the second one is coming out soon, you might want to wait to get that)
Castle Crashers (Beat-em-up sword play level up made by some people on Newgrounds)
ModNation racers (not that great but has one of the best (or is) racing map editor)
Just Cause 2 (contains shooting of course a verrry large map might get repetitive)

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I'm looking for a FTP MMO with gameplay similar to Phantasy Star Online/Phantasy Star Universe.

Car to help a guy out?

Also don't say "Derp just play PSOBB." I've played the HELL out of the Phantasy Star series. I love the game to death but I don't specifically want to play PSOBB.

finalark

SNORLAX
I'm looking for a FTP MMO with gameplay similar to Phantasy Star Online/Phantasy Star Universe.

Car to help a guy out?

Also don't say "Derp just play PSOBB." I've played the HELL out of the Phantasy Star series. I love the game to death but I don't specifically want to play PSOBB.
You might want to try Monster Hunter. I've only played the PSP ones but they are pretty similar to PSO and from what I've heard MH3's online mode is excellent.

And you can play PSOBB outside of Japan? Never knew that...

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
You might want to try Monster Hunter. I've only played the PSP ones but they are pretty similar to PSO and from what I've heard MH3's online mode is excellent.

And you can play PSOBB outside of Japan? Never knew that...
Of course. After Sega pulled the US servers, they gave the rights to PSOBB to Schthack. Schthack has basically been an official server since like 07~08 lol.

I played the PSP monster hunters and I really disliked it. *Shrug.*

If I owned a PSP I'd be totally playing Phantasy Star Portable 2, though.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Alright new request: Got a 2-day drive from Tucson to Concord for GSG2. I'm looking for DS-titles. RPGs preferred.

The games I enjoyed are:

EO series, and just about every other dungeon crawler ever
SMT:Strange Journey
SMT:Devil Survivor
FFTA2
Disgaea DS
Phantasy Star Zero

Games I disliked:

Valkyrie Profile
Blue Dragon
That diablo clone that i forget the name to.
Probably a lot more, but the DS has been out since 06~ish and I can't remember 4 years of mediocre releases. :)

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I would recommend The World Ends With You, most definitely. It might be kinda hard to find now though. I've just started playing 999, and that is quite good so far, so I would say that one too.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Of course. After Sega pulled the US servers, they gave the rights to PSOBB to Schthack. Schthack has basically been an official server since like 07~08 lol.

I played the PSP monster hunters and I really disliked it. *Shrug.*

If I owned a PSP I'd be totally playing Phantasy Star Portable 2, though.
Psp Monster Hunters (I've played a little of one), suffer from being on a crappy console.

MHTri is amazing :3

Anyone play the Spiderman games, not the movie games, but the game games?

I stirred away from Marvel games, mainly because 90% of them suck, but MvC looks like a great series, and the Spiderman games look fun... particularly Shattered Dimensions.

-Googs

Smash Lord
I don't own any consoles, I'm looking for a good pc game to pass the time, Not any fps.

I want something like hotel dusk, but a bit faster. I wanna solve puzzles, but not with just challenges, i want a story. The story is more important, I need something engaging. Something like a psychological thriller with puzzles?

finalark

SNORLAX
I don't own any consoles, I'm looking for a good pc game to pass the time, Not any fps.

I want something like hotel dusk, but a bit faster. I wanna solve puzzles, but not with just challenges, i want a story. The story is more important, I need something engaging. Something like a psychological thriller with puzzles?
The Longest Journey is a pretty good adventure game, although it's been a long time since I last played it. It certainly does show it's age but it has a good story and some interesting puzzles that will make you scratch your head.

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.

They're not exactly "psychological thrillers", but have you played the Sam & Max games from TellTale.

They've got story and puzzles.

Also I guess Puzzle Agent, even though it's way more puzzle-driven than story. If you know Professor Layton, it's a bit like those games.
(It does have a surprisingly good story though)

Top Bottom