• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Game Should I Get?

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I don't own any consoles, I'm looking for a good pc game to pass the time, Not any fps.

I want something like hotel dusk, but a bit faster. I wanna solve puzzles, but not with just challenges, i want a story. The story is more important, I need something engaging. Something like a psychological thriller with puzzles?
Sanitarium is the best you could do if you're looking for a psychological thriller with puzzles, but if The Longest Journey is the one I think it is, then that's pretty cool as well.

Also, Sam and Max Hits the Road is the better Sam and Max choice :bee:.

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
Also, Sam and Max Hits the Road is the better Sam and Max choice :bee:.
Ah that's probably right.

I still need to play the LucasArts one, so I often kinda forget about it. Nor do I know about how much different (for better or for worse) it's from the Telltale ones.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I need a fun local (not online) multiplayer game with a lot of replayability that isn't a typical 2d fighter/first person shooter . System doesn't matter. I haven't been able to find anything new and interesting for my friends and I to screw around with after we get sick of competitive fightan gaems/first person shooters.

Disco Room gave a few suggestions but I want more ideas.

inb4 brawl

finalark

SNORLAX
I need a fun local (not online) multiplayer game with a lot of replayability that isn't a typical 2d fighter/first person shooter . System doesn't matter. I haven't been able to find anything new and interesting for my friends and I to screw around with after we get sick of competitive fightan gaems/first person shooters.

Disco Room gave a few suggestions but I want more ideas.

inb4 brawl
If you have a Dreamcast, get Power Stone 1 and 2.

For Game Cube, get Kirby's Air Ride, Mario Party 4, or F-Zero GX.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Derp, so, I got a new Red Wii since my old one bricked a while ago, and I couldn't seem to find any of my old games. Currently have: Super Mario Galaxy 2 and NSMBW, but I'd like to get one more for now.

Question is: Brawl or Donkey Kong? (I'll end up buying one or the other eventually)

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
I've been hankering for a good class-based PC RPG lately, and I don't know where to go. I tried out Temple of Elemental Evil and Neverwinter Nights, but neither did much for me. TOEE was too difficult to get into, and NwN just didn't capture me at all.

I'm not really looking for Japanese style RPGs. Aside from a few gems, JRPGs don't do it for me.

I'm open to any suggestions.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
I was heavily into Diablo 2 from release until last month, haha.
Yeah, I've tried Torchlight, but was unsatisfied by the classes and style.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I have the cash for any video game I want and I'm starting to get bored of BO. What can I buy for the PS3 that's not an RPG like FF?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Dragon Age <3 I'm going to wait getting II, though. I waited to get DA w/ all the Dlc for 50 dollars. I plan to do the same with II, because it's stupid how fast that adds up.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I'm just going to hazard a guess that if you don't even remotely like RPGs, then you're probably not going to like Mass Effect or Dragon Age.

Have you played any Assassin's Creed? Brotherhood was released not too long ago, and it's really good.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Should I pre-order DA2 and get all the cool stuff, or wait for an ultimate edition 7 DLC's down the road?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I don't even remotely like RPGs. I even hate the Zelda series as far as playing not even a fourth of Majora's Mask and turning it off due to my dislike for RPGs (Shimazu can tell you if you want, I already discussed that with him)

And I got Brotherhood, got all the armor, nearly renovated all of Rome, got all the feathers, not even gonna bother to get the Borgia flags, and the online mode gets really stale after like a week of playing it so I don't want to play that anymore

EDIT:

And I already played Assassin's Creed II for the 360 and I really have a hatred for the first game due to the damned repetitiveness of the thing

finalark

SNORLAX
Alright, no RPGs it is (sorry about the ME/DA question, some people have it in their heads that ALL RPGS = FINAL FANTASY).

Yakuza 3 is a pretty good beat-em-up. Think of it as a 3D version of Streets of Rage with some open world elements thrown in between the fights. It's a bit on the slow side at the start of the game but it picks up speed once you get to Tokyo.

Basically, if you ever played Shenmue back on the Dreamcast it's a much, much more refined version of that.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
If he doesn't like repetitive missions, he's probably not going to like Yakuza 3. Which is a shame, because that game is excellent.

Have you played any Uncharted games?

finalark

SNORLAX
If he doesn't like repetitive missions, he's probably not going to like Yakuza 3. Which is a shame, because that game is excellent.
If he doesn't like repetitive mission then why is he playing Assassin's Creed?

EDIT: NM

Have you played any Uncharted games?
The Uncharted games are also really good.

Resistance 1 is also pretty good. It plays like a throw back to when FPS' used health bars and you could carry like, a billion weapons at once. It's a bit on the generic side, though.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Spiderman Shattered Dimensions(2)

No seriously, get Infamous, it's so fun.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
If he doesn't like repetitive mission then why is he playing Assassin's Creed?

EDIT: NM
Leaving you by yourself to do three missions by yourself with no help at all while trying to thinly veil the repetitiveness by climbing buildings is repetitive as ****

The Uncharted games are also really good.
Played it at a friend's house (well not all of it, but I already know the endings for both games)

Resistance 1 is also pretty good. It plays like a throw back to when FPS' used health bars and you could carry like, a billion weapons at once. It's a bit on the generic side, though.
Played the game at my friend's wasn't as good as I expected

Spiderman Shattered Dimensions(2)
Heh, maybe

No seriously, get Infamous, it's so fun.
My friend came over to my house and we played the game in its entirety

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Man, you're really picky. :c

Hmm... what about Vanquish? Or maybe something like God of War or Bayonetta?
Might try Vanquish thanks

This.

Come on, bro. GoW3? Heavy Rain? LittleBigPlanet? Any of those appeal to you?
Not into the GoW series, I'm already considering Vanquish, and LittleBigPlanet seems too kiddie for my taste

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I am 24, and all my friends around my age love LBP. The amount of customization is insane. I bought it when it came out in 2008 and still play it.

Give it a try.

GoW3 is utterly brutal, and the best in a series of great games, if you are up for giving it a shot.

D

Deleted member

@Fuelbi: If you're still taking recommendation, absolutely get Gran Turismo 5. That game to me is pretty insanely addicting so far and is quickly becoming my favorite game this gen. I also heard Ratchet And Clank: A Crack In Time is great as well and based off my brief gameplay of it, I agree with the general scores. And of course, hundreds of other PS3 games I haven't even touched yet that should be good.

Top Bottom