• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Game Should I Get?

VitaminC

Smash Rookie
I played through FFIII for the DS and am currently playing XIII, and I saw that VII and VIII are $10 each on PSN. I'm not a FF nut, but I've heard those two are the best in the series. Would anyone else recommend them?

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
VII is fine. Not my personal favourite, but a lot of people go nuts over it. I really liked VIII, mostly because it's really easy to break the Junction system.

If you like FF, you can't really go wrong for the price.

finalark

SNORLAX
I played through FFIII for the DS and am currently playing XIII, and I saw that VII and VIII are $10 each on PSN. I'm not a FF nut, but I've heard those two are the best in the series. Would anyone else recommend them?
They're both kind of mediocre. Between the two I'd have to say that I prefer VII just because I like the game play more. If I were you I'd download IX instead (but only if you're a fan of the NES and SNES Final Fantasies).

ThreeX

Smash Lord
Has anyone played Castlevania Harmony of Despair yet? I Downloaded the demo earlier today. I was really considering buying it, but i'm not too sure yet. Multiplayer looks real interesting. Just wanna know if anyone thinks it's worth the buy.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Has anyone played Castlevania Harmony of Despair yet? I Downloaded the demo earlier today. I was really considering buying it, but i'm not too sure yet. Multiplayer looks real interesting. Just wanna know if anyone thinks it's worth the buy.
Well, judging from the IGN review I saw, the game really shines when you play it with friends. Playing it solo? Not so much.

Basically, if you have friends to play with, then buy it. It's really meant as a co-op game. (Like Castle Crashers on the XBLA)

Colonel Cuddles

Smash Journeyman
F8AL, I cannot recommend Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker enough if you are still looking for a PSP Metal Gear game. Awesome Co-op, (in my opinion) one of the best Metal Gears storywise. Get it, now.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I want to play through FFVI ever since I heard Terra's theme at a Distant Worlds concert. Which system should I get it for?
I haven't played the GBA version, but it's probably the easiest one to find.

The one included in Final Fantasy Chronicles feels really slow due to transitions between the battle and world screens.

If you want to be old school, try finding the SNES version, but if you don't care, I would just pick up the GBA one (or just emulate it).

edit - of course, theres a whole new page i didnt see zzz

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
@Smash G 0 D: I've already played that (and it's so good!) but thanks.

@F8AL: I haven't played some of those, so I'll check them out. Thanks! :3

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
I'm looking for a wii game, and I've been thinking of Tatsunoko vs Capcom for a while. But I'm not really sure since I would have wifi to actually play friends. I really need help on deciding on the game, are there any noticeable qualities that can make me more comfortable to buy it?

Shoopman

Smash Journeyman
I'm looking to buy a Castlevania game for the GBA/DS, but there are so many and I don't know anything about any of them. Where should I start? I would prefer a Metroidvania type game, the linear platformers aren't as good.

finalark

SNORLAX
I'm looking to buy a Castlevania game for the GBA/DS, but there are so many and I don't know anything about any of them. Where should I start? I would prefer a Metroidvania type game, the linear platformers aren't as good.
Portrait of Ruin. I haven't played Order of Ecclesia yet so I don't know if that's any good. But IMO the best handheld CV is Portrait of Ruin.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Hey guys, I'm looking for an obscure fighting game that, while not mainstream (i.e. not SSB, SF, BB, GG, DS, SC, Tekken or VF), but still has a decent following.

I was thinking one of those Digimon fighting games or something, how good are they?

finalark

SNORLAX
I just got a new computer, and I've been thinking about playing some MMOs. Any reccomendations?
Lord of the Rings Online or World of WarCraft. LotR has a number of issues but has a great community and despite all of the hype WoW is probably the best MMO there is.

Mclena45

Smash Apprentice
I'm planning on getting Metroid Other M tomorrow, although, are there any other games for the Wii I should pick up instead? Higher rated ones would be nice. I've also got my eyes on Super Mario Galaxy 2, but, idk which one to get :S

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Super Mario Galaxy 2 is better than Other M. By far. Other M (despite the hate), is a great game too, though. It's just SMG2 had no flaws imo, and Other M has a few.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
I'm really in the mood for old N64 Mario sports games XD Should I get Mario Golf or Mario Tennis for VC?

Mario Tennis: I haven't seen my actual cartridge in ages. I used to love it, I think I like it better than Mario Power Tennis. I want to unlock everything again with Peach, it was so much fun when I was like 13.

Mario Golf: Never played it, only Toadstool Tour (which I love). I've read it's really good and I'd like to try it. It's quite unusual because you can change you character's color, Smash-like, and there are non-Nintendo characters.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Mario Tennis. Great game with a wide selection of characters and many different game modes to choose from. A blast with friends.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I have a wii.

The game is have are slim if not low.
Game list:
Super smash bros. brawl
Super mario galaxy 2

Gamecube list:
Megaman X collection
Super smash bros. melee
soul calibur II
Donkey konga
Donkey konga 2
etc. etc.

i have a crap load of gamecube games.
can someone PLEASE suggest me something for the wii? all i see is shovelware,shovelware more shovelware.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I have a wii.

The game is have are slim if not low.
Game list:
Super smash bros. brawl
Super mario galaxy 2

Gamecube list:
Megaman X collection
Super smash bros. melee
soul calibur II
Donkey konga
Donkey konga 2
etc. etc.

i have a crap load of gamecube games.
can someone PLEASE suggest me something for the wii? all i see is shovelware,shovelware more shovelware.
I would recommend the following games for the Wii:

Mario Kart Wii
Animal Crossing: City Folk
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Paper Mario
WarioWare: Smooth Moves
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
I second Super Paper Mario and Mario Kart Wii. There are plenty of good Wii games, here's a brief list of personal favorites and games that were well received:

- Wario Land: Shake It!
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii
- Klonoa
- A Boy And His Blob
- Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon
- Tatsunoko vs. Capcom
- Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn
- Moster Hunter Tri
- Metroid Prime 3
- Punch-Out!!
- Rune Factory: Frontier
- Opoona
- No More Heroes / No More Heroes 2
- Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus
- Samurai Shodown Anthology
- King of Fighters Collection: The Orochi Saga
- Little King's Story
- Excite Truck / Excite Bots
- We Love Golf!
- Bloom Blox
- Red Steel 2

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
- Wario Land: Shake It!
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii
- Klonoa
- A Boy And His Blob
- Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon
- Tatsunoko vs. Capcom
- Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn
- Moster Hunter Tri
- Metroid Prime 3
- Punch-Out!!
- Rune Factory: Frontier
- Opoona
- No More Heroes / No More Heroes 2
- Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus
- Samurai Shodown Anthology
- King of Fighters Collection: The Orochi Saga
- Little King's Story
- Excite Truck / Excite Bots
- We Love Golf!
- Bloom Blox
- Red Steel 2
This.

Also you should also consider Muramasa: The Demonblade & Metal Slug Anthology.

StinkomanFan

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2724-2849-3244
I really want to get Dead Rising 2, but I want to make sure it'll be the game for me.... I've read the reviews I just want peoples honest opinion.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I really want to get Dead Rising 2, but I want to make sure it'll be the game for me.... I've read the reviews I just want peoples honest opinion.
If you own and have beat the first one, then the sequel is more of the same awesome massive zombie killing sprees as before. Co-op mode makes it a blast and I'm not too sure about the MP.

I'm gonna wait a few years till it drops to $20-30.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
This.

Also you should also consider Muramasa: The Demonblade & Metal Slug Anthology.
I would recommend the following games for the Wii:

Mario Kart Wii (own(ed) sold it for brawl.)
Animal Crossing: City Folk (want to own.)
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (rented and beat)
Super Mario Galaxy (own(ed) was stolen.)
Super Paper Mario (Rented and never beat it! :()
WarioWare: Smooth Moves (Rented, fun stuff.)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex (lol shootan)
I second Super Paper Mario and Mario Kart Wii. There are plenty of good Wii games, here's a brief list of personal favorites and games that were well received:

- Wario Land: Shake It! (haven't played, i'll try it.)
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii (I own it now. :p)
- Klonoa (I WANTED TO TRY THIS BUT I COULDNT FIND IT ANYWHERE)
- A Boy And His Blob (mite b. cool)
- Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon (not a fan of FF games. i'll rent it.)
- Tatsunoko vs. Capcom (own it now. main zero. ryujin!)
- Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn (rented, was fun, no need to buy after i beat it.)
- Moster Hunter Tri (own it now. stuck on a crystal bone mission.)
- Metroid Prime 3 (Rented, didn't really like it.)
- Punch-Out!! (Rented, Beat First time, second time is almost impossible :()
- Rune Factory: Frontier (mite b cool)
- Opoona (what's this?)
- No More Heroes / No More Heroes 2 (played them both. rented of course. LOVED IT.)
- Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus (mite b cool)
- Samurai Shodown Anthology (it's not a waggle fest is it.)
- King of Fighters Collection: The Orochi Saga (mite b cool)
- Little King's Story (wanted to try this also, never rented, cant seem to find it.)
- Excite Truck / Excite Bots (awesome rental. bad buy.)
- We Love Golf! (mmmmmmmm..golf. i kind of dont like waggle.)
- Bloom Blox (sounds cool)
- Red Steel 2 (more shootan and wagglan i could try it.)
I could get a couple of these.

finalark

SNORLAX
I just got a PSP and I'm looking for some suggestions for games. I went out and bought a few already. I currently have:

- Castelvania: Dracula X Chronicles
- Final Fantasy I
- Crisis Core
- Daxter

I'm planning on getting Dissida and Peace Walker in the future along with the Ratchet and Clanks.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Get these games:

- LittleBigPlanet PSP
- LocoRoco
- LocoRoco 2
- Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops (Expansion: Portable Ops Plus)
- Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
- Metal Slug Anthology
- God of War: Chains of Olympus
- God of War: Ghost of Sparta (Coming out November 2nd)
- Patapon
- Patapon 2

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Does anyone have any recommendations for a good Yu-Gi-Oh! game? I'm mainly looking for a game that's a pretty faithful to the original card game (none of the GX/5Ds stuff), as I've had an urge to play the old card game recently but have no one to play with and don't really want to waste money trying to legitimately play a TCG anyway.

I already have Reshef of Destruction for GBA and honestly don't really like it since the card system is skewed, it's nigh impossible to get cards that aren't terrible, and the AI is ridiculously broken.

Can anyone recommend a game that's a pretty good port of the card game to video game form?

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
I really loved Yugioh Worldwide Edition Stairway to the Destined Duel for the gba when I was a kid.

I was much younger then, so I dont know how it would sit with you, but I certainly enjoyed it.

Top Bottom