• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Game Should I Get?

Darkslash

Smash Master
Why not Resistance 2 or Killzone 2?
Resistance 2 was always iffy with me, and Killzone 2 while good, doesn't have that much people running around blowing off heads.

Modern Warfare 2 and Bad Company 2 are actually up to you...but then again that's why you're looking at a "What game should I get" thread.

At this point and time, getting MW2 would be a bad idea because of DLC and it's BS pricing. Activision can go suck it's own ****, I'm actually going to hold out on my own and actually go and Boycott MW2.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
We accepted a machine in mine country to be famous by super nintendo. We have given the good competition for example Bebe child, but I call Mario knowing match Bros.
The exportation spends even our country possibly to buy in $50 is higher than! Crude!
Still my heart had longed for the live turtle kills the plumer.

HotWings

Smash Ace
Hey me and my brother was looking for a game for the wii and we have 3 games picked out but dont know which 1 to get.

The games are final fantasy (were not sure which 1 to start off on though) then there is legend of zelda twilight princess and finally monster hunter tri.

Me and him like games that you can play 2 players at once so monster hunter tri sounds cool but were still up for the 1-p games.

Thanks for your time and i hope to get some answers soon :)

finalark

SNORLAX
You'd have to be specific about which Final Fantasy it is, they all vary in quality.

Twightlight Princess was amazing, ignore the fandumb and pick it up if you want a good single player game.

And if you are interested in multiplayer, then Monster Hunter 3 is the way to go. It's like Phantasy Star with local play, and is awesome.

HotWings

Smash Ace
Alright thanks finalark, i think i'll get MH3 pretty soon and try it out. It looks like an awesome game so far so i hope the actually gameplay of it is just as good as it looks.

finalark

SNORLAX
Alright thanks finalark, i think i'll get MH3 pretty soon and try it out. It looks like an awesome game so far so i hope the actually gameplay of it is just as good as it looks.
Cool, but a quick warning: Monster Hunter is not a game for everyone. The game requires a lot of grinding to get what you really want, and the battles are not "charge in and kill evertying" either. In MH, that will get you killed, you have to wait and meticously study your targets patens and movements and once you've learned how it fights, take it down.

D

Deleted member

Got Monster Hunter Tri for my birthday. I'm left with $120. Plan on getting Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars along with something else. If I get TVC: UAS, that leaves me with $65. What should I get with the rest of my money?

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
got a super hyped up PC simply because it was in the house I was moving in, lucky me.

So, looking for a game as big on emotion as Shadow Of The Col or Metal Gear Solid. Any reccomendations for me? They don't have to be brand spanking new, just good games for the pc is all.

No FPSes

HotWings

Smash Ace
Hey im looking for a computer game.. it can be free or not.. doesnt matter. Im looking for a fast paced game that has to do with the player having fast fingers. I would play gunz the duel but it doesnt work on my computer anymore.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Hey. I'm looking for a good PS3 game, I don't really care what kind, anything good. I haven't gotten a new one in a while, and I want to get a new one in the summer. It doesn't have to be out now, but anything out or coming out before July would be ideal.

The games I own are Batman: Arkham Asylum, Uncharted 2, Assassin's Creed 2, and Final Fantasy XIII.

Thanks in advance!

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
got a super hyped up PC simply because it was in the house I was moving in, lucky me.

So, looking for a game as big on emotion as Shadow Of The Col or Metal Gear Solid. Any reccomendations for me? They don't have to be brand spanking new, just good games for the pc is all.

No FPSes
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. Best CPU game I've played

UberMario

Smash Master
I've NEVER played a Street Fighter game, but I want to get into the series. I don't have any Sony or Microsoft game consoles/handhelds, so I'd most likely download the SF games from the Virtual Console on the Wii. Now, for anyone that has played more than one version of Street Fighter II, if I only wanted to get one version of the FIVE available on the VC (Street Fighter II: The World Warrior (SNES), Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting (SNES), Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers (SNES), Street Fighter II: Championship Edition (GEN), and Street Fighter II: Championship Edition (Turbografx16), not including Street Fighter Alpha 2 since that's a different game) which one should I get?

Are there any differences in the stories, or are they just rehashes with different add-ons?

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer

No FPSes
Silent Hill 1-3 (especially 2) [/broken record]
Oddworld: Abe's Odyssee
Psychonauts
Max Payne 1. it might be a little shooter/action oriented but it's presentation is very clever and ends up being quite emotional if you don't mind a lot of darkness

finalark

SNORLAX

No FPSes
Go check out everything by Bioware. Mass Effect is easily worth it, although you might be put off by the shooter elements in it. But a better suggestion would be Dragon Age and Knights of the Old Republic.

xxFrohawkxx

Smash Apprentice
Got shadowrun, I'm I'm loving the most unique FPS EVER.

Too bad no one plays
i love shadow run to but the game feels so incomplete, no ladder animation no few maps, all it needs is more content and completed animation and shadow run would have been epic!

edit:

I've NEVER played a Street Fighter game, but I want to get into the series. I don't have any Sony or Microsoft game consoles/handhelds, so I'd most likely download the SF games from the Virtual Console on the Wii. Now, for anyone that has played more than one version of Street Fighter II, if I only wanted to get one version of the FIVE available on the VC (Street Fighter II: The World Warrior (SNES), Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting (SNES), Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers (SNES), Street Fighter II: Championship Edition (GEN), and Street Fighter II: Championship Edition (Turbografx16), not including Street Fighter Alpha 2 since that's a different game) which one should I get?

Are there any differences in the stories, or are they just rehashes with different add-ons?
I suggest getting Super street fighter 2: the new challengers! it has 4 more characters than all of the other street fighter games. T.hawk, Cammy, Fei long, and Dee Jay!

Also this is the one that is the 4th installment and the SF2 series. The other ones are lesser versions of the game. So get Super street fighter: 2 the new challengers!

finalark

SNORLAX
Okay, I'm bored with just about every game I own. I really need something to hold me over until all of the awesome games Nintendo announced at E3 comes out. I'd like an aweome single-player game for a while. So any suggestions?

Genres I like: Western RPGs, platformer, survival horror, adventure (point-and-click)

Consoles I own:

Low-end PC

PS1-3

Gamecube, Wii

Xbox 360

Dreamcast

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I'm getting Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Echoes of Time (roles off the tongue) for DS. Me and my gf want to do co-op play, I hope this isn't a bad choice...

UberMario

Smash Master
What games do you have downloaded already and what games do you have cartridges/compilations for that are already on the VC?

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
What games do you have downloaded already and what games do you have cartridges/compilations for that are already on the VC?
I've already downloaded Super Metroid, SMRPG, Pokemon Rumble, and Earthworm Jim, and I already own Super Mario All Stars, Cave Story (though I might want to buy a console version), and Yoshi's Island.

UberMario

Smash Master
I've already downloaded Super Metroid, SMRPG, Pokemon Rumble, and Earthworm Jim, and I already own Super Mario All Stars, Cave Story (though I might want to buy a console version), and Yoshi's Island.
The console version of CS is considered to have too many issues due to music not looping properly and sound problems (at least the last I heard of it anyway).

How about Super Mario World (If the SMAS you are talking about isn't Super Mario All-Stars+World) and Earthworm Jim 2? Paper Mario is a great game aswell, well worth the $10 price tag.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I won't lie, it is weird you like Pokemon but no FF. Even if you hate the Sony ones (lot of people can't stand 7, meh) the Nintendo ones were completely different and, well I liked them. Also Chrono Trigger was awesome.

Anyways, I know you don't like Zelda, but dude I really think you should try Majora's Mask. The only reason I say this is because it is so different, and due to all the masks it's nothing like any other.

But, aside from that, Pikmin 2 >_> Go get some D:

Edit: Sorry if double post, this site is acting weird/502ish lately here.

Also anyone have Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Echoes of Time?

I'd also suggest that because it's a platform adventure with levels on the side.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I won't lie, it is weird you like Pokemon but no FF. Even if you hate the Sony ones (lot of people can't stand 7, meh) the Nintendo ones were completely different and, well I liked them. Also Chrono Trigger was awesome.

Anyways, I know you don't like Zelda, but dude I really think you should try Majora's Mask. The only reason I say this is because it is so different, and due to all the masks it's nothing like any other.

But, aside from that, Pikmin 2 >_> Go get some D:

Edit: Sorry if double post, this site is acting weird/502ish lately here.

Also anyone have Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Echoes of Time?

I'd also suggest that because it's a platform adventure with levels on the side.
Pikmin is for the VC?

Yeah, it's weird that I like Pokemon but not FF. The difference is, I like capturing creatures and making them my slav- I mean friends to battle in a friendly way :chuckle:

I still don't think Ima try MM

UberMario

Smash Master
You said what game should I get next? You didn't directly say you wanted a game on the VC. lol

In other words, no Pikmin isn't on the VC, you can get it for about $9 bucks new on eBay though

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
After I download my N64 games on the VC, what should I get as well?

Note: No RPGs, can't stress that enough, I hate them
>_>

Still, what do I get on the god**** VC? Let me make it a bit more specific. It's gotta have good gameplay (if it's on the NES, I don't care if it's old, it's gotta keep me interested), it has to have replay value, and most importantly, it's gotta make me play it for days. In SM64, I beat it in 2 days and now I'm bored of it, SF64 I beat in half an hour and I rage at the hard path, SBB64, I just finished unlocking everything and now what? I don't have a bud to play with.

For the love of god if it's horrible in gameplay AT LEAST KEEP ME PLAYING FOR DAYS :mad:

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
... I haven't played the other 8 games, so I don't think I can follow the story :ohwell:

Also, I just got a PS3 right now (my dad came home with it as a surprise :D) and I need suggestions for a game next time I buy one.

UberMario

Smash Master
If you want to play the first 8 games, get Megaman Anniversary Collection, it has ten games on it including 1-8 for the Gamecube, PS2, or XBox. I got it for about $15.

As for PS3, check out on wikipedia some of the games you can download for it, and Gran Turismo 5 looks pretty awesome if you like that stuff (it's not out yet though, but has lifelike graphics).

Top Bottom