• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Game Should I Get?

Adm. Melonhead

Smash Rookie
Several inches below the surface of your skull
Update:

Friend #1 says FFXIII
Friend #2 says Batman
Friend #3 says Batman
Friend #4 says FFXIII
Brother says Batman
Dad says Batman

i think I'll ask my psn friends.

Also, even if they are both awesome and I can't go wrong, I still need to know which one to buy FIRST. I was going to get both anyway.

finalark

SNORLAX
Should I get Sonic & Sega allstars racing,Tatsunoko Vs Capcom,Or Pokemon Heartgold/SoulSilver?
If you're lacking in multiplayer games to play at game parties, I suggest Sega Racing.

If you want another fighter to get into, then TVSC is a really good choice.

If you want a good RPG to keep you busy during your spare time then seriously look into PKM.

So it all boils down to this, do you want another game for parties, a new fighter or a an RPG to keep you busy?

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
TvC is probably the best choice there I'm presuming. I got myself a copy but i haven't tried it yet.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hello droogies, I recently got a PSP and I only have 1 game at the moment (Soul Calibur Broken Destiny), I'm not that familiar with PSP games so I don't know which games are good or bad, does anyone have some recommendations for games they can give me?

graves

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, here's the question.
I am buying a ps3 this Saturday, and I want to know what game to get!
I want a teen rated game, shooter, fighting, something like that.
Also, I don't want Uncharted, Uncharted 2, or Infamous. (A friends lending me them.)
Remember! No M games.

finalark

SNORLAX
I'm not sure about the rating of the game, but The Orange Box is a huge load of gameplay for the money. Go check it out.
The orange box is rated M, the PS3 version was also very, very poor (and I'm saying this from experiance).

@Graves: If you're not up for the "OMG AHSOME VILANCE!!!" of the ever so popular M-rated FPS then I suggest you look into...

Ratchet and Clank Future series (a fun, cartoony platformer/thrid-person shooter)
Little Big Planet (A traditional platformer that is probably one of the most costomizable games I've ever played)
Prince of Persia (a platformer with a middle-eastern theme to it)
BlazBlue (an anime-styled fighter similiar to Guilty Gear)
Folklore (an RPG/Beat-'em-up with an old-world styled fantasy setting)
MAG (an FPS that isn't M-rated)

That's off the top of my head, I'll edit in more if I think of them.

graves

Smash Journeyman
Awesome thanks! MAG does look sweet, but I've heard there's a lot of bugs?
I still might get it. Folklore and BlazBlue both sound cool too! thanks.
Anyone else?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I'm not sure about the rating of the game, but The Orange Box is a huge load of gameplay for the money. Go check it out.
Get the superior PC version. Or if you want to play it on the consoles, get the 360 version. It's not as horrible as the PS3 port.

Awesome thanks! MAG does look sweet, but I've heard there's a lot of bugs?
I still might get it. Folklore and BlazBlue both sound cool too! thanks.
Anyone else?
I wouldn't get it. Didn't get very good reviews. (lolps3exclusive)

finalark

SNORLAX
I wouldn't get it. Didn't get very good reviews. (lolps3exclusive)
I agree here, the only reason why I reccomened it was becuase you said you wanted a shooter that wasn't M-rated. Despite borrowing it from your friend, if you really like multiplayer then I highly reccomend you pick up Uncharted 2. It is a hell of a lot better than Gears of War (lol360exclusive).

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I agree here, the only reason why I reccomened it was becuase you said you wanted a shooter that wasn't M-rated. Despite borrowing it from your friend, if you really like multiplayer then I highly reccomend you pick up Uncharted 2. It is a hell of a lot better than Gears of War (lol360exclusive).
Ok.

Gears of War franchise sales: 11 million
Uncharted franchise: 6.1 million

:laugh:

Variable

Smash Ace
I looking at buying some new games. I don't have much for the Wii, and plan on buying quite a bit... I love RPG's, and fighting games, anything GOOD really.

Any ideas??

And Some good VC games would help too as I'm looking at those as well.

finalark

SNORLAX
Ok.

Gears of War franchise sales: 11 million
Uncharted franchise: 6.1 million

Well by this logic, then the Sims must be better than Mass Effect, Bioshock and Starcraft because it did sell more games. And as you said, sales = quality!

I looking at buying some new games. I don't have much for the Wii, and plan on buying quite a bit... I love RPG's, and fighting games, anything GOOD really.

Any ideas??

And Some good VC games would help too as I'm looking at those as well.

Off the top of my head for fighting:

- Tatsunoko VS. Capcom

-The Steet Fighters or a bunch of the other fighters on the VC

RPGS:

- LoZ: Twilight Princess

- Muramasa

- Final Fantasy II (IV) VC

- Paper Mario (VC)

- Super Paper Mario

Variable

Smash Ace
Well by this logic, then the Sims must be better than Mass Effect, Bioshock and Starcraft because it did sell more games. And as you said, sales = quality!

Off the top of my head for fighting:

- Tatsunoko VS. Capcom

-The Steet Fighters or a bunch of the other fighters on the VC

RPGS:

- LoZ: Twilight Princess

- Muramasa

- Final Fantasy II (IV) VC

- Paper Mario (VC)

- Super Paper Mario
I plan on getting just about every LoZ game no matter the console... And a bunch of mario games too. There hasn't been a bad mario game.. ever...Strikers, Mario kart, Original Mario Bros, etc.

Final Fantasy: Never played them... But if they're as good as the hype is.. they're probably good. I'll have to try them out some time..

Thanks for the advice.

finalark

SNORLAX
Final Fantasy: Never played them... But if they're as good as the hype is.. they're probably good. I'll have to try them out some time..
Um... no. The FF series does not live up to the hype it generates at all. Just ignore the hype and give them a shot, although only a handful of the FF titles are worth your time. It's also worth pointing out that some of the older FFs have not aged well. At all.

Quenk

Smash Apprentice
I have 800 Wii points left so I've been looking at some SNES games on the Virtual Console. I've been thinking of Super Mario RPG or Super Mario World. Does anyone have any suggestions or thoughts on the games I've mentioned?

Quenk

Smash Apprentice
I'm a fan of most genres and I don't really favour any particular one. I guess that no matter which one I choose, I'll enjoy it so it doesn't matter much.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings

Yes I did. More sales = more people wanted the game so they bought it = cause it's better quality. Bad games don't sell very good. Good games sell very well. It must be hard for you to understand cause the 360 is beating the PS3 in worldwide sales. Hope you guys are comfortable in last place. :)

And let's just stop this whole thing right now. Thanks.

I have 800 Wii points left so I've been looking at some SNES games on the Virtual Console. I've been thinking of Super Mario RPG or Super Mario World. Does anyone have any suggestions or thoughts on the games I've mentioned?
Definitely Super Mario RPG. DO IT.

Xianglian

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully i wont be ignored, but has anyone played the new Splinter Cell? I'm a huge fan of the series but i'm tight on monies...if anyone has played it, is it worth the money?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Hopefully i wont be ignored, but has anyone played the new Splinter Cell? I'm a huge fan of the series but i'm tight on monies...if anyone has played it, is it worth the money?
No, but so far it's gotten good reviews. IGN gave it a score of 9.3 while Game Informer gave it a 9.0

I pre-ordered the CE of the game but I'll let you know how it is.

People say the campaign is 8 hours long on normal difficulty and the co-op ads 6-8 additional hours of gameplay.

soju

SD God
I havent played the real game but all I got to say about the demo is. . . Sam Fisher is too beast(he should enter ninja warrior XDDDD)
so from the demo play i would say it is worth it but its just the demo XD

Top Bottom