• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Game Should I Get?

pickle962

Smash Lord
@Fuelbi I'm playing through Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions right now and I like what I see thus far...Some of the levels are creative and a blast to play (My favorites are the Sandman and Deadpool levels) The four different incarnations of Spider-Man also have different gameplay styles

Amazing: Basically your typical beat em up

Noir: A bit like Metal Gear in the sense that you use stealth to sneak around and pick your enemies off one by one

2099: fast paced action complete with a Matrix like technique that briefly allows you to slow down time and run up behind your enemies thus making it easier to take them down

Ultimate: stylish action similar to Viewtiful Joe or Devil May Cry. Also, this Spidey wears the black suit which comes with a rage meter that when activated makes your attacks twice as strong for a limited time

WaffleBlaster

Smash Journeyman
I would go with LBP or LBP2, from what I've played they are insane
Also, Ratchet and Clank Future Tools of Destruction/Crack In Time are insane, almost as good as the originals.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Should I get PSP3000?

Pros:

- I love Final Fantasy
- I love Dissidia
- I love MONSTER HUNTER :DDDD
- Good system specs
- Not a bad price either.

Cons:

-PSP2 (though one might want to wait a year post launch to get this, netting a year+ of psp3000 enjoyment)
-Meh, Umds..

finalark

SNORLAX
Should I get PSP3000?

Pros:

- I love Final Fantasy
- I love Dissidia
- Good system specs

Cons:

-PSP2 (though one might want to wait a year post launch to get this, netting a year+ of psp3000 enjoyment)
-Meh, Umds..
I would have to say that if you can get it for a good price (around $100 or so at max) it's worth it. The PSP is a very underrated system IMO and has a lot of good games on that you can generally get used for a decent price.

And I wouldn't worry about the PSP2, Sony consoles generally take time to not suck.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ Yea. Psp took3 years, ps3 took 3 years, Sony does good but it always takes time.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Should I get PSP3000?

Pros:

- I love Final Fantasy
- I love Dissidia
- Good system specs

Cons:

-Meh, Umds..
I got a PSP 3000 just before New Years, and it's pretty cool. It was a pain to find a decent sized, cheap memory stick for it, but it's fun.
The 3000 is much better than the first model; the screens great, if you have people watching you play they can see it from a reasonably wide angle with great clarity, and the analogue stick seems less slip and slidey for your fingers, so you can make larger gestured swipes with it, almost as if you were using a Dualshock.

I've only got 3 games for it lol, but Birth By Sleep is brilliant. I've spent like 40 hours on it, and I've only done one of the stories.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I would honestly wait for the PSP2. It's not worth it to spend uh...sorry don't know the price, but let's say 200 with games and what not. You could invest in a PSP2, and play not only PSP games, but PSP2 as well. Just start saving up, or look for a bundle deal when it comes out.

If anything, you can get those PSP games for super cheap when the PSP2 comes out. And I think Dissidia 2 might be out by then

Riddle

Smash Lord
Terywj and I were looking to do a LP together but we can't find a game. Basically we need a free PC game with a clear progression (so not like a fighting game or something) and online co-op compatibility.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Terywj and I were looking to do a LP together but we can't find a game. Basically we need a free PC game with a clear progression (so not like a fighting game or something) and online co-op compatibility.
Also, if something like the posted is too difficult to find, we're open to other suggestions involving co-op, I guess.

Shoopman

Smash Journeyman
Can anyone recommend me a shooter for PS3? I want something with a long campaign, and preferably with fictional guns/enemies. In other words, no WWII shooters or anything like that. I just want something to waste my time with until Black comes out. Already played Borderlands.

finalark

SNORLAX
Can anyone recommend me a shooter for PS3? I want something with a long campaign, and preferably with fictional guns/enemies. In other words, no WWII shooters or anything like that. I just want something to waste my time with until Black comes out. Already played Borderlands.
Resistance 1/2, Uncharted 1 (no multiplayer, lengthy campaign), Ratchet and Clank (not really a shooter but they're lengthy and have shooter elements).

Shoopman

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking about Resistance. Does it have any fictional guns? I only saw regular COD style guns in some gameplay videos I stumbled upon.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Also, if something like the posted is too difficult to find, we're open to other suggestions involving co-op, I guess.
Nobody responded to this.

.__.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Wait, is there a dif between fighting games on 360 and PS3? Both have fighting sticks you can buy, but if you're using a controller...then PS3 > 360 right?

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I'm thinking about getting Marvel vs. Capcom 3 but idk if I should. I've always had difficulty reading how to do the combos in Marvel vs. Capcom 2 because they appear so small on my screen that I can't read them. I have fun playing it with friends but I suck compared to the more serious players. I just hope in the 3rd one I can actually read the combo instructions screen. So should I get this game? Idk if this belongs in this thread or the Marvel vs. Capcom 3 thread but since I'm not sure if I should buy this game yet I thought it would be better to post in here.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
Wind Waker
Snowboard Kids
SSX Tricky
Shenmu
Shenmu 2
Majorah's Mask
Soul Calibur 4
Super Mario RPG
Paper Mario
Paper Mario Thousand Year Door
Resident Evil 4
Powerstone
Twisted Metal
Mario Galaxy
Mario Galaxy 2
Gran Turismo 5
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
Halo 3
Grand Theft Auto 4
Final Fantasy X

^i wish i had all of these

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Games I'd recommended in general (to everyone, really)

RPG

Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy XII
Final Fantasy XIII
Monster Hunter Tri
Star Ocean: The Last Hope
Dragon Age: Origins
Chrono Trigger

Fighting Games(I suck at the them)

Melee
SSFIV
MvC3

Action

inFamous
Dark Cloud
God of War III
SMG2
DKCR

Just some games I thought I'd name off ;)

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
MvC3 isn't even out, but I know it will be gold<3.

Anyone know a good way to hunter Blast Shards in inFamous? (Off topic, lol)

Also, would you/anyone reccomend the God of War series, or is it boring?

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Well, you pretty much have to track the blast shards down. It's a bit of pain, so here's a map: http://misteryaya.com/wp-content/gallery/infamous-trophee/infamous_map-gif018727.png

Personally, I don't like GoW. But a lot of people do, and for good reason. If you like ripping off someone's head, and shoving it through their abdomen (DISCLAIMER: may not actually occur at any point in the series!) then it's probably for you. Most people who have played GoW and enjoyed it like it for its straight-up raw gore and brutality. However, if you want a game that feels like DMC or Bayonetta, this isn't it. GoW is, more or less, a button-masher, so I don't feel rewarded for playing it. But to each their own.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Yeah... hack and slash bore me, so I probably won't get it. Drakengard scarred me for life. DMC, heck I've never played it.

WaffleBlaster

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking about Resistance. Does it have any fictional guns? I only saw regular COD style guns in some gameplay videos I stumbled upon.
All of the guns are fictional, and only one is even possible. They have a time slowing sniper, a revolver with remote detonated explosive bullets, an assault rifle with homing bullets, and a gun that burns through solid matter just to name a few. And this is based off of the second, I don't own the first

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Yeah... hack and slash bore me, so I probably won't get it. Drakengard scarred me for life. DMC, heck I've never played it.
Haha, fair enough.

Yeah true, but then again I do also know some people sneak sell people the game earlier than they should.XD
It's true.

I went to the store that I pre-ordered my copy from yesterday, and the owner (who is also a friend of mine) waved it at me. :c

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Holy Crap Lythium!!! I love you so freakin' much for this map<3

And Drakengard, it's terrible..

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I need a question answered...what game should I get!?

Playing Pokemon, Dragon Age, an inFamous at the moment. inFamous is almost done, so I'm going to start the latest Star Ocean. RPG central, huh?

I'm trying to find a good DS/PS3 game. At the moment I've got:

-Pre-ordering inFamous2
-Spiderman Shattered Dimensions
-LoZ portable games

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Well, the more I thought about it, I had a realization, lol.

infamous almost being done, I'll be playing DragonAge/Star ocean/Pokemon. Very RPG heavy. (I don't count monster hunter or MvC3, as they're just played every now and then) This had me realizing I wanted an action game. I then remembered I have Metroid Prime Trilogy XD

finalark

SNORLAX
PS3 games, eh?

- Yakuza 3
- Batman: Arkham Asylum
- Uncharted: Drakes Fortune/Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (Drakes Fortune focuses more on platforming and puzzles while Among Thieves focuses more on combat and multiplayer).

Top Bottom