• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Game Should I Get?

UberMario

Smash Master
He was saying the basic plot is the same between Megaman and Mario Party, which is actually kind of true. lol

They play totally different though. (obviously)

M.K

Level 55
For the DS or Wii:

I want an RPG in which I can customize my character's jobs among a variety of them. I've already played the Final Fantasy games that have allowed that, but I want a really fresh new job-based RPG. Any suggestions?
Actually, I could go for PS3 as well, but DS and Wii are preferred.
Thanks!!

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
For the DS or Wii:

I want an RPG in which I can customize my character's jobs among a variety of them. I've already played the Final Fantasy games that have allowed that, but I want a really fresh new job-based RPG. Any suggestions?
Actually, I could go for PS3 as well, but DS and Wii are preferred.
Thanks!!
There isn't a job system, and you said you played FF, but Have you played Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time? It's customizable, with weapons, armor (changes looks), races, gems, etc, and is really addictive. It's a bit off your suggestion but it's a good game. The Co-op is also amazing. XD

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
I'm not sure if I should get Spirit Tracks, or WariowareD.I.Y. I just finished Mario Galaxy 2, and I'm looking for a game that will last me a little awhile. I've been getting a lot of mix reviews for Spirit Tracks, and I'm not sure how long Warioware would last me before I get bored of it.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I'd get Warioware. I used to hate on it so much, but the concept is actually really fun. (I was ignorant, yo) And honestly, the Handheld Zeldas have been mediocre since OoA/OoS. I love Toon Link, but it's too easy these days, and short.

Also I finally get what your avatar is (Playing Majora's Mask)

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
I'd get Warioware. I used to hate on it so much, but the concept is actually really fun. (I was ignorant, yo) And honestly, the Handheld Zeldas have been mediocre since OoA/OoS. I love Toon Link, but it's too easy these days, and short.

Also I finally get what your avatar is (Playing Majora's Mask)
I enjoyed Phantom Hourglass, so I was thinking that Spirit Tracks would also be fun. The main reason I kinda don't want to get D.I.Y. is because Warioware games usually don't last me to long. I know I'm not going to get something as good as Majora's Mask on any hand held, but I'm still a fan of them. Thanks for opinion though, it's making this decison a lot easier.. . . . even though I could just buy both.

Also my avatar Flat also makes an appearance in Ocarina of time in the graveyard.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ Ah well, I just found him in Majora's Mask getting the Song of Storms. I must've overlooked him in OoT, as just did a 100% run of that recently.

And if you like PH then get ST, from what I've heard it only gets better, but it's still easy.

M.K

Level 55
I'm not sure if I should get Spirit Tracks, or WariowareD.I.Y. I just finished Mario Galaxy 2, and I'm looking for a game that will last me a little awhile. I've been getting a lot of mix reviews for Spirit Tracks, and I'm not sure how long Warioware would last me before I get bored of it.
D.I.Y sucked. >_> It's set up so awkwardly in comparison to the others. The actual game making process is a pain in the ***.
Get Spirit Tracks. Never played it, I don't like Zelda, but if it's between those two, get Spirit Tracks.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I've had a PSP for a while, but I haven't bought many games for it yet. Anyone have any suggestions for me? Also, I'm into a decent variety of video game genre's: shooters, fighting, rpgs, and I kind of like racing games.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I've had a PSP for a while, but I haven't bought many games for it yet. Anyone have any suggestions for me? Also, I'm into a decent variety of video game genre's: shooters, fighting, rpgs, and I kind of like racing games.
How about the Metal Gear Solid games on the PSP?

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Final Fantasy Tactics, Loco Roco, N+, Wipeout Pulse?

Also, I agree with F8AL. MGS for the PSP is pretty good.

wrkngclsshr

Smash Rookie
A friend recently got me hooked onto the Shin Megami Tensei series after playing Devil Survivor. Although now I can't really decide between getting Strange Journey on the DS or Persona 3 Portable on the PSP next. Suggestions?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I need some good cheap GCN/PS2 titles I'd love.

I'm being thrifty with gaming at the moment.

So far I got:

Kingdom Hearts (costs a bit)
Kingdom Hearts 2
Skies of Arcadia
Drakengard 2
Dark Cloud 2

Also Wiiware games are suggestable as well:

Super Mario RPG
Paper Mario

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Okay, I'm contemplating wether or not to get:
a) Tatsunokoko (sp?) vs. Capcom
b) Any Guilty Gear game.

I am obviously a Smash Bros fan, aside from that my favourite fighting games are BlazBlue and Soul Calibur 2. I have a N64, Wii, GBC, DS, PSP, PC (willing to emulate), and my brother has a 360.

My question is, would Tatsunoko vs. Capcom appeal to me given the other fighting games I like and would Guilty Gear appeal to me (if so, which one?).

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
Both are good games. If you've played the VS Capcom series before I'd say go with that since TvC plays relatively the same with a few new mechanics. Even if you haven't played a VS series game, I would still recommend it over GG just because it actually has an online mode.

I'm not sure about Accent Core since I only have Guilty Gear #Reload, but from what I've read some of the control options are pretty bad. However GG plays similar to Blazblue so you'd probably enjoy it more than TvC.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Both are good games. If you've played the VS Capcom series before I'd say go with that since TvC plays relatively the same with a few new mechanics. Even if you haven't played a VS series game, I would still recommend it over GG just because it actually has an online mode.

I'm not sure about Accent Core since I only have Guilty Gear #Reload, but from what I've read some of the control options are pretty bad. However GG plays similar to Blazblue so you'd probably enjoy it more than TvC.
I've never played any of the VS. Capcom series, and I can't play online at this point in time (my wi-fi adaptor randomly stopped working).

Can you elaborate at all on "bad control options"?

finalark

SNORLAX
Okay, I'm contemplating wether or not to get:
a) Tatsunokoko (sp?) vs. Capcom
b) Any Guilty Gear game.
Now, I'm not too familiar with Guilty Gear (I've only played one, at it was brief). But if what I've read is true, GG is very similar to BlazBlue. In this case, GG is a deep, technical fighter that will cause you to think before acting. The VS series, on the other hand is more like "MASH BUTTONS AND WATCH STUFF BLOW UP!!!!!"

Not that that's a bad thing, it just all depends on what your tastes are.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Tatsunoko vs Capcom is not all about mash buttons BLOW SH** UP!!!. I have played MvC2 and SSFIV and I would say it is in between those two. TvC is faster paced than SSFIV but still keeps you thinking before you act. It also has Frank West.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Can you elaborate at all on "bad control options"?
The controls aren't bad at all. Things can be difficult if you're using a Gamecube controller though.
I like Guilty Gear much much more than TvC, but that's just my opinion. If you want an easier to get into fighter, TvC might be the better choice.

GG is easy to get into as well, but it's really hard to master. Same with TvC in a way, but TvC has a much easier learning curve.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
i already have one and two but is there another game like gears of war series? :ohwell:
I don't think so (correct me if I'm wrong) but have you ever played the Left 4 Dead series? Both games are on the 360 and PC and it's basically a game where you play as 1 of 4 survivors who have to make it though levels to a safe house while fighting waves of zombies and special ones. (i.e. Some special zombies puke on you and that attracts lots of zombies to come and attack you)

The second game is generally more violent than the first one cause you get more melee weapons and one of them is a chainsaw which you can use.

It's in first person and a blast to play with friends.

Vyzor

Smash Journeyman
ok so, i've been thinking between two games here. Sin and Punishment or Conker's Bad Fur Day. Both for the same price range. I'm thinking more CBFD....

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
ok so, i've been thinking between two games here. Sin and Punishment or Conker's Bad Fur Day. Both for the same price range. I'm thinking more CBFD....
Yeah, get Conker's Bad Fur Day. A lot of people missed it on the N64 so it's worth the price to play it in all it's glory. Heck, even I still play it from time to time. :)

ThreeX

Smash Lord
Uhh, I guess I should post this question here? Anyone know any good DS games to "acquire"? At the moment, I have "acquired" Chrono trigger, ff4, and KH 358/2... and i loved castlevania DoS and PoR.. i never tried the 3rd one that came out, is that any good?

but yeah, if anyone could hook me up with some good suggestions.. i'll love you long time?

finalark

SNORLAX
Uhh, I guess I should post this question here? Anyone know any good DS games to "acquire"? At the moment, I have "acquired" Chrono trigger, ff4, and KH 358/2... and i loved castlevania DoS and PoR.. i never tried the 3rd one that came out, is that any good?

but yeah, if anyone could hook me up with some good suggestions.. i'll love you long time?
If you mean "pirating thus not showing my support towards the people that worked their balls off to bring me this game" then you should just go out and buy a DS and the games you like so that way companies will have just a little more money in order to keep making them.

So now that I have thoroughly gotten that out of my system I'll say that you should check out Kirby Squeak Squad. It's not an RPG, but it's a ton of fun.

finalark

SNORLAX
Anybody mind suggesting a PS3 game for when I go to Gamestop next time?

Just no RPGs
Exclusives: Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction and Crack in Time, Yakuza 3, Demon's Souls (it's an RPG, but if you're thinking "emo, turn-based JRPG crap" then you'll be in for a surprise), you should also look into the upcoming Twisted Metal.

Non-exclusives: Arkham Asylum, Dead Space, BlazBlue Continuum Shift, Sega-All Stars Racing

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
I want to play through FFVI ever since I heard Terra's theme at a Distant Worlds concert. Which system should I get it for?

XACE-K

Smash Master
Anybody mind suggesting a PS3 game for when I go to Gamestop next time?

Just no RPGs
What F8AL & finalark said and you can also include Infamous, God of War Collection, and God of War 3. If you want to download a game, than I suggest Fat Princess. It has a fun multiplayer and it seems busier to me since its DLC came out.

Top Bottom