• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weekly Famitsu Fighter Profiles (Updated 9/10)

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
@ LeeYawshee LeeYawshee

I get the scans Wednesday afternoon EST, so it releases (digitally) in Japan on Thursday (Japan time).

EDIT: Though, when looking into it people say Friday. So I am not actually sure --but in terms of when you can see the next scans, Wednesday. : )
Thanks as usual XKan. I gotta say, your friendly demeanor is pleasant.

Have you gone around and checked out other threads?

Last edited:

XKan

Smash Apprentice
@ LeeYawshee LeeYawshee

Thank you, I thank my parents for raising me this way, haha! As for checking out other threads, I did browse around the Smash Bros 4 boards a little, mostly the Wii U ones. A lot of different sorts of people as you said. I suppose I am more of the lurker sort.

I've been studying some terminology on the Smash Wiki too in case I need it for future translations, a lot to wrap my head around!

@ JamietheAuraUser JamietheAuraUser

That is what a lot of my friends call it here, too. It is an awesome title : D

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
So, now that we know Palutena's default moveset, I'm kinda disappointed. Thank goodness that customization has saved her moveset.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Hopefully All-Star Mode returns to Melee's format or something of that degree as well. Brawl's All-Star Mode's progression being ordered in the release dates of the series was cute at first, but like Classic Mode, it became a repetitive slog afterwhile. And considering Smash 4 is most likely going to have around 50 characters, yeah.
Well, at least we know All-Star is coming back. I think Sakurai confirmed it himself in an Assist Trophy Pic of the Day.

Maybe you get a lot of Assist Trophy items during All-Star? Maybe they're the only items that spawn? Not many of them can be fought against, so I can't see them opposing you much.

I think the way Brawl did All-Star had kind of an... "official" feeling to it, but Melee's All-Star definitely was faster. I think a mix of both would be good: multiple characters as you go along, but keeping them in the same series. No need to have Pikachu team up with Ice Climbers.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Well, at least we know All-Star is coming back. I think Sakurai confirmed it himself in an Assist Trophy Pic of the Day.

Maybe you get a lot of Assist Trophy items during All-Star? Maybe they're the only items that spawn? Not many of them can be fought against, so I can't see them opposing you much.

I think the way Brawl did All-Star had kind of an... "official" feeling to it, but Melee's All-Star definitely was faster. I think a mix of both would be good: multiple characters as you go along, but keeping them in the same series. No need to have Pikachu team up with Ice Climbers.
Sakurai confirmed it in the Direct where he said "They factor into All Star, so I want to add in as many as I can"

Here's my take on your assist trophy idea
1. The assistants spawn at random times so the trophies themselves will not appear on the stage.
2. They can be hit and have stamina, so after a while they'll disappear for a while.
3. If you're fighting a certain series, only trophies from that series will appear.

I think they'll do something different where it starts off with the Mario series and end with Mr. Game and Watch, but the order that the rest of the characters appear is random.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I dunno what we expected. I mean if it was in the least bit important, Sakurai/someone else besides CoroCoro themselves would've mentioned it.

That said, this doesn't mean a direct this week is totally out of the question. Just that there's not going to be any CoroCoro.
I expected like 2 or 3 veterans newly confirmed at best, but that was like a 1/1,000 chance of happening IMO.

Realistically I figured we'd get an obvious veteran (like the Famitsu leaks with Brawl in early 2008).

===

Also, seeing as how Pyrosphere isn't in Smash 3DS (or isn't confirmed in it yet at least), we won't be getting any Ridley details either, lol.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Well guys, looks like we are not getting much this week, according to this Reddit post.

I went to the official site a translated what it said.

The OP of that Reddit thread is 100% right.
At least I know.

But...I still wonder. Can they show new pictures on those stages?

Because if it's the case, it might be or not bad for me. I'm likely getting worried for nothing anyway though.

If it's public knowledge, it's likely just showing the 2 potd revealed so far (which I'm curious if they go into details because I did and I love that stage even the first part).

pichupal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pichupower
3DS FC
1997-0164-7116
I would still be excited for more Smash Run information, or possibly info on that Tin Pin Slammer like mode on the 3DS Trailer if that counts as "public".

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
On the bright side guys, at least the Ridley debates can continue!

I say this because Pyrosphere isn't on Smash 3DS, or at least it isn't confirmed there yet!!!!

(sorry mods)

:rotfl:

Last edited:

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
On the bright side guys, at least the Ridley debates can continue!
at least the Ridley debates can continue!
the Ridley debates can continue!
Ridley debates continue!
continue!

In all seriousness, I suppose that keeps the Ridley thread alive. I wonder how Sakurai will handle him, to be quite honest...

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
I thought we knew, forever ago, that CoroCoro would have no actual new info? It was confirmed literally only days after they first announced it'd have anything.

Obviously it could leak something that will be revealed this week, like a Pic of the Day reveal, but that's the extent of it.

I thought that was part of what made it repetitive. The same order AND the same guys teamed up.

While Pikachu/Ice Climbers don't make a lot of sense, there is a lot more variety in having an early match with Pika/IC, and the next time, having Pika/Ganondorf later on, or having a Pika/Pac-Man/Little Mac match, as opposed to always having a Pikachu/Charizard/Greninja/Lucario/whoever fight, or any variation of that.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

In all seriousness, I suppose that keeps the Ridley thread alive. I wonder how Sakurai will handle him, to be quite honest...
1. I am disappointing this post only got 2 likes including mine as of the time of writing this.

2. Your avatar freaking makes this post a trillion times better.

Please. NEVER CHANGE IT!!!!

Last edited:

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
1. I am disappointing this post only got 2 likes including mine as of the time of writing this.

2. Your avatar freaking makes this post a trillion times better.

Please. NEVER CHANGE IT!!!!
Just for you, this will be my permanent avatar.

I thought we knew, forever ago, that CoroCoro would have no actual new info? It was confirmed literally only days after they first announced it'd have anything.

Obviously it could leak something that will be revealed this week, like a Pic of the Day reveal, but that's the extent of it.

I thought that was part of what made it repetitive. The same order AND the same guys teamed up.

While Pikachu/Ice Climbers don't make a lot of sense, there is a lot more variety in having an early match with Pika/IC, and the next time, having Pika/Ganondorf later on, or having a Pika/Pac-Man/Little Mac match, as opposed to always having a Pikachu/Charizard/Greninja/Lucario/whoever fight, or any variation of that.
Although I enjoyed Brawl's All Star, I do agree that the repetitive nature got old, but it made sense due to co-op. I'm sure they could take both and improve it. Maybe make what series appears random?

Last edited:

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I would still be excited for more Smash Run information, or possibly info on that Tin Pin Slammer like mode on the 3DS Trailer if that counts as "public".
Tin Pin Slammer? Neku confirmed! I actually forgot about this mode until you mentioned it, but since the articles have covered other game modes, I think it's only a matter of time until this one comes up. I'd also like Peach or Dedede to appear soon to reveal their new final smashes.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Tin Pin Slammer? Neku confirmed! I actually forgot about this mode until you mentioned it, but since the articles have covered other game modes, I think it's only a matter of time until this one comes up. I'd also like Peach or Dedede to appear soon to reveal their new final smashes.
Let's slow down there cowboy, everyone was super sure that Toon Link was going to have a new Final Smash and he didn't get one. As much as I want them both to have new Final Smashes (less Dedede because the Big Gay Dance was both fitting and strangely effective), we shouldn't immediately assume they'll get new Final Smashes, especially Peach since her old one has no reason to be replaced.

Hong

The Strongest
As a public reminder:

Famitsu is on break, so we don't have any character profiles for the week. Famitsu resumes publication on August 21.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
As a public reminder:

Famitsu is on break, so we don't have any character profiles for the week. Famitsu resumes publication on August 21.
Neat, I wonder who next fighter it will feature with.

Hopefully Fox or Lucario but if it has anything to do with clones veterans then I doubt either will be featured next...

Hong

The Strongest
Neat, I wonder who next fighter it will feature with.

Hopefully Fox or Lucario but if it has anything to do with clones veterans then I doubt either will be featured next...
Generally they disclose new information when it will be of the least value, so probably Mega Man and someone else next.:079:

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Generally they disclose new information when it will be of the least value, so probably Mega Man and someone else next.:079:
They gave us Pit and Palutena if I remember correctly, so they might follow a similar thing by giving us Pac-Man and Mega Man (Retro Men)

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I really want some insight on Pac-Man's custom moves. If Mega Man is getting unique customs, I hope Pac does too. And Sonic.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
I really want some insight on Pac-Man's custom moves. If Mega Man is getting unique customs, I hope Pac does too. And Sonic.
You don't even need to worry because Sakurai confirmed that every single character is getting custom moves. All of them.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
You don't even need to worry because Sakurai confirmed that every single character is getting custom moves. All of them.
I know that. What I mean is after seeing Mega Man's custom moves in the PotD last night, and how they're actually unique moves, I wanna see Pac-Man and Sonic's.

Hong

The Strongest
We mean moves more along the lines of ones with completely unique function and animations, versus a mere replacement of graphical assets with a different effect.

JUr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JorgeUr
3DS FC
4957-3388-8097
Thanks for the info...

I expect that the next characters will be Pokemons... 1 veteran and 1 newcomer (Pikachu and Greninja respectively)

They have to maintain interest for a month, that means not 'burn' all the newcomers early I think...

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Ooooh, finally some Meta Knight pictures and information. Mach Tornado is definitely back, but it's white for some reason, and it might just be the picture but it looks smaller. Eager for the translation.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Whoa! Pac-Man can have an exploding fire hydrant! Now that's pretty sweet! Also, I want to know what the customs for his side B do. And him changing into his final smash form looks awesome. Like he's charging up a giant kamehameha. Goku confirmed. :D

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Don't forget new Paper Mario stage info being the transformation to Paper Mario 64's Bowser's Castle!! :D

EDIT: :4greninja:'d
Actually it looks to be based on Sticker Star's version of Bowser's Castle.

That makes 2 locations used from Sticker Star. I hope they didn't ignore Paper Mario 64 and Super Paper Mario. That'd be an insult. :(

XKan

Smash Apprentice
Hi all, as usual working on the translations as we speak. Here are the first two, though:

Top Bottom