• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I'm being unreasonably excited about this.

SOMEONE STOP ME

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
The question not "if Wario is returning", but "Is Wario going to represent WarioWare or Wario Land more in his moveset?"

For me, no matter what happens to his moveset I hope the other, either WarioWare/Wario Land Movesets, get to be a part of Wario's custom moveset.

domokl

Smash Lord
so since wario is now the most likely canidate to be revaled tomorrow IF he is revealed with anybody who should it be?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So, Wario may have just been accidentally leaked?

Well, we all know that he's in the game already. He's by far one of the safest veterans, and is practically a guarantee at this point. We don't really need a leak to know that he's coming back.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Yep wario is locked hes confirmed now

So if i din't see wario tomorrow nor the week after and not till the direct i think wario is being saved for that.

(Ps to help is there anything wario related on the 25th.)

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
So, Wario may have just been accidentally leaked?

Well, we all know that he's in the game already. He's by far one of the safest veterans, and is practically a guarantee at this point. We don't really need a leak to know that he's coming back.
True, but it's nice to finally see the jerk return. I just beat Wario Land 2 yesterday too...

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
No surprise, everyone already knew Wario was in. Even if we hadn't seen Waluigi/Ashley, there was zero chance he'd be dropped. Now the question is, has he been overhauled or revamped at all?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Wario gets more locked than that now

Nintendo just took super smash bros 3ds off warios page now.

So yep that makes him even more than locked for ssb4 now.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
The question not "if Wario is returning", but "Is Wario going to represent WarioWare or Wario Land more in his moveset?"

For me, no matter what happens to his moveset I hope the other, either WarioWare/Wario Land Movesets, get to be a part of Wario's custom moveset.
Out of curiousity, what are we using to know that? The amount of moves he took from either series?

Because despite everyone thinking Land was shunned off for Ware, he has more moves taken from Land/World than Ware in Brawl.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Out of curiousity, what are we using to know that? The amount of moves he took from either series?

Because despite everyone thinking Land was shunned off for Ware, he has more moves taken from Land/World than Ware in Brawl.
More of, what people hope to see. I don't care either way to be honest. I am both a fan of the Wario Land series and the Wario Ware series.

Boo_Destroyer

Smash Journeyman
We're likely going to get a Wario Bomb as an item.

Also enemies in Smash Run: Fronks, ghost pirates (Game & Wario's Pirates), and MechaWarios (Arrow).

But what could Wario stages be anyway?

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
We're likely going to get a Wario Bomb as an item.

Also enemies in Smash Run: Fronks, ghost pirates (Game & Wario's Pirates), and MechaWarios (Arrow).

But what could Wario stages be anyway?
Holy **** Fronks would be amazing enemies lol

Also, Diamond City/Tower and Wario's Castle

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Changes I'm hoping to see for Wario:
-Fix his proportions! He needs to be taller than Mario, and his arms need to be longer and beefier. In Brawl he just looked so odd.
-Make him a little heavier and less floaty
-Change his dash attack to the Shoulder Bash, similar to DK finally getting his roll
-Change his down smash to Earthshake Punch
-Have him shake his grabbed opponent for his pummel, hopefully with coins flying out!
-Change the classic overalls to his default costume (this one is a personal wish of mine, but I don't think it is likely)
-The odd Wario Land reference would be much appreciated...

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Here's an idea:
>Make Warioware Bomb Wario's new Down B
>Make Super Wario-Waft (the fully charged one) his new Final Smash
>Make Wario-Man a new Alt. Costume
Seems good? :D

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
I'm so happy to know for sure that Wario is coming back (like anybody thought he wouldn't), but this time I'm hoping that his moveset is much more balanced with the Wario Land and WarioWare references. I get that Wario Land is practically dead at this point, but for goodness' sake can't we have a few references?

Anyway thank god my second main in Brawl is back!

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Here's an idea:
>Make Warioware Bomb Wario's new Down B
>Make Super Wario-Waft (the fully charged one) his new Final Smash
>Make Wario-Man a new Alt. Costume
Seems good? :D
Wario-Man is the best final smash though >:[ And I don't think the Waft makes much sense as a final smash, but it's great as a special move.
I'm so happy to know for sure that Wario is coming back (like anybody thought he wouldn't), but this time I'm hoping that his moveset is much more balanced with the Wario Land and WarioWare references. I get that Wario Land is practically dead at this point, but for goodness' sake can't we have a few references?
He has more moves taken from Wario World (Jab, Bite, Corkscrew, FSmash since the shoulder bash is in World and Forward Throw) than he does from Warioware (Bike and Waft)

I do want a Wario Land stage though.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Wait: Wario's leaked on the eShop?! 0.0

If this is true, then I'll be just as happy seeing Wario in the E3 2006 vid!:wario:

By the way, I grew up playing the WarioWare games, and I'm actually happy with his move set. I never played a Wario Land game until the Shake Dimension, then WL4, then the original Wario Land as virtual console... Please don't hate me for this.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I was playing Melee, then my uncle was like "Hey, lookat this!"
And then I see Wario, and I'm just like
*angry for no reason*
Then I hated Wario for no good reason, then 2013 comes when my sister got Wario Ware: Mega Party Game-shesh (how we pronounced Game$) and I grew up to Wario, then in 2014 onward I found him (and Waluigi) as somewhat of a "Role-Model".
Quite a twisted turn of events me and Wario have been through. XD

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
We've had an entire week full of stage reveals (heck, today we technically got 2 [1.5 if you include the fact that the Tomodachi Stage was shortly shown in one PotD]), so why not end it with Wario on a Warioware Stage? :b:
...After looking through it a few times, I SWEAR TO GOD, the Music used when showing off the Items in the SSB4 Direct is from Wario Land: Shake It!!.
Someone check on that.

Last edited:

TheSarcasticGuy

Smash Cadet
We've had an entire week full of stage reveals (heck, today we technically got 2 [1.5 if you include the fact that the Tomodachi Stage was shortly shown in one PotD]), so why not end it with Wario on a Warioware Stage? :b:
...After looking through it a few times, I SWEAR TO GOD, the Music used when showing off the Items in the SSB4 Direct is from Wario Land: Shake It!!.
Someone check on that.
Nah, that was the Rocket Barrel theme from Donkey Kong Country Returns.

But anyway, hopefully Wario's announced today. I need to see his glorious HD expressions.

Dilaray199

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1263-7183-5602
I hope Wario is revealed in another newcomer video (assuming there are more; Sakurai mentioned nearing the last of the newcomer vids) rather than as a secret character.

He deserves some spotlight and I could use some HD Wario eye candy right about now...

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
Well it seems you guys are already following your own sources but just to maybe add a little bit extra listen to what these commentators are saying, especially once Waluigi shows up. http://youtu.be/Idw0P5x5b14?t=4h32m Seems like a legitimate slip of the tongue there.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If that's real, that's ****in' hysterical.
Gives me more reason to spam the side taunt.

Top Bottom