• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario

R0Y

Smash Master
If that's real, that's ****in' hysterical.
Gives me more reason to spam the side taunt.
Highly unlikely it's real. The spelling is off. I don't think most Aussies make that spelling mistake, especially if they work for the federal government.

D

Deleted member

Come to think of it, it may not even be talking about Wario.

Don't we know of a certain fatass who has a hard time keeping his pants up?

King Hippo Trophy/Assist confirmed.

Shmebulock

Smash Cadet
Come to think of it, it may not even be talking about Wario.

Don't we know of a certain fatass who has a hard time keeping his pants up?

King Hippo Trophy/Assist confirmed.
I never realized how much I wanted King Hippo in Smash until now.
King Hippo for Smash 5!

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I'm going to download Wario Land just to get myself hyped for Wario's Return!

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Ehh...

Change his down-B. I'm an immature man, and love many childish jokes, but fart jokes are absolutely stupid IMO. Honestly asking, does anyone find them funny and why?

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Ehh...

Change his down-B. I'm an immature man, and love many childish jokes, but fart jokes are absolutely stupid IMO. Honestly asking, does anyone find them funny and why?
That's like telling Mario not to jump.
Well, it's not that extreme, but it's a part of Wario's character.
plus I'd hate for it to go since it's actually a pretty good KO tool even at low percents sometimes

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
I don't doubt that Wario is returning, but that reddit account is 1 day old, and only posted that. Add the incorrect spelling and I think we've got a faker. Unless someone else emails ESRB and gets the same response.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Ehh...

Exactly, I thought this move was absolutely stupid.

Still hoping he gets a Wario Woods color swap.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Ehh...

I'm pretty sure Sakurai didn't say to himself "I should give Wario a fart attack because it'd be so funny hehehe"

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
@GoldenYuiitusin I was reading the first page of this thread, and it was there where you revealed the likely origin of Wario's Bite move. I am surprised an origin existed! Do you know anything about Wario's other SSBB moves?

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
@GoldenYuiitusin I was reading the first page of this thread, and it was there where you revealed the likely origin of Wario's Bite move. I am surprised an origin existed! Do you know anything about Wario's other SSBB moves?
Bite - Wario World
Corkscrew - World
Jab - World
F Throw - World
FSmash - World/Land

Bike - Ware
Waft - Ware

The rest are original, but are comically animated to fit the character or could even be subtle nods to his games. His dtilt might as well be a reference to the cursor in Warioware, and his uptilt and throw are his signature poses ftom the Land games. Even his double jump animation is a reference to Warioware twisted. (It's based on his pose from the game.) So much thought has been put into the character.

Last edited:

BunnyBoy1337

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3265-5888-7478
Bite - Wario World
Corkscrew - World
Jab - World
F Throw - World
FSmash - World/Land

Bike - Ware
Waft - Ware

The rest are original, but are comically animated to fit the character or could even be subtle nods to his games. His dtilt might as well be a reference to the cursor in Warioware, and his uptilt and throw are his signature poses ftom the Land games. Even his double jump animation is a reference to Warioware twisted. (It's based on his pose from the game.) So much thought has been put into the character.
Also, his forward throw is inspired by how he throws Bowser in Super Mario 64 DS (if you play as him for one of those battles, if not, then, Mario and Luigi do the same thing).

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Also, his back throw is inspired by how he throws Bowser in Super Mario 64 DS (if you play as him for one of those battles, if not, then, Mario and Luigi do the same thing).
His back throw is the butt slam. His forward throw is the giant swing...which yes, he does in 64 DS, but I'm willing to say it's probably more inspired by World.

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
OK. But, OH! Wait. Did anyone realize Wario's dash animation was based on his boss fight in Super Mario Land?! I was particularly surprised when I realized it.

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
OK. But, OH! Wait. Did anyone realize Wario's dash animation was based on his boss fight in Super Mario Land?! I was particularly surprised when I realized it.
Neat!

Did anyone notice this? Wario's Forward Tilt seems inspired by Booster's basic attack from SMRPG :D http://youtu.be/1Ip3v2wUSns?t=4m56s where he spins his arm around then punches with an enlarged fist!

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
A wind up punch isn't an uncommon thing. Plus his stance is different from Wario's when he does it so idk? It's possible.

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
I have barely played SMRPG, but I know what Booster looks like, and that connection does not seem too farfetched. I would appreciate such a subtle reference to Booster. Does anyone have an idea for the origin of Wario's down smash?

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I have barely played SMRPG, but I know what Booster looks like, and that connection does not seem too farfetched. I would appreciate such a subtle reference to Booster. Does anyone have an idea for the origin of Wario's down smash?
In Warioware, when you finish a character's stage and watched their ending, there's a small scene afterwards showing the character going to a disco club and start dancing. The amount of people in the club depends on the amount of characters stages you beat, and Wario is ALWAYS the first one. He was never shown breakdancing specifically, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's where the inspiration came from. Probably stretching though...

Last edited:

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
OK. Do you know what may have inspired his up aerial or back aerial? I shall not ask about any more!

Last edited:

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Wario is probably really late to join the battle due to glitches with the Bike.

I mean just look at this ****:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ok, if glitches are the reason the Bike is replaced, then I'd be less upset over it.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
Wario's Bike and Bite are two moves I use the most. will be seriously upset if i lose the bike

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Jesus those glitches lol lol Didn't know any of these existed.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
It's the straightforward playstyle for me. I wouldn't have minded his PM version if he didn't deprive too much from his heavy defensive and aerial playstyle. I get that they tried to balance his ground and KO options which the shoulder bash both fill (in comparison to the bike which is a move that aided his defense), but it really only made him so simplified. I can't help but feel that my primary objective is to connect a move to a shoulder bash consistently, which made him more of an offensive aerial character...something Jigglypuff already fills.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Hang on guys... there's a Hyrule Warriors Direct next week, right?

Hyrule Warriors...

Warriors.

Wariors?

Warios...

Wario!

Wario confirmed for Hyrule Warriors!

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
"Waha! Rupees are colorful, too, unlike coins. I shall rename Hyrule into Warule! But beware of Walink, Walda, and Wanondorf! They want to overthrow my wastle! Only you can stop them! Save me, you fools!"~some guy
Anyway, it would be fun if Wario had some complex special move which involved the collection of coins. He could, perhaps punch a bunch of coins out of someone, and be able to collect them to heal or something else.

Last edited:
Top Bottom