• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario

luigijerk

Smash Cadet
Seriously, why haven't they just posted Wario, G&W, and Ganon as confirmed yet...? They really wouldn't be putting them in promo videos if they were getting cut.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Wario is one of the few veterans I look forward to return in Smash 4. Wario's moveset in Brawl was a little bit disappointing honestly. Don't get me wrong, I liked playing as Wario and it was awesome to finally seeing him in Smash finally, but I feel that they could have utilized alot of his moveset from the Wario Land series and Wario World way more. I hope Sakurai will reference more Wario Land/World in his moveset because I believe in those games there is a ton of moveset potential. Plus his running animation did not look right for Wario in Brawl.

I want to see way more focus Wario Land/World references in Smash 4, but I have a feeling that they will focus more on WarioWare than on Wario Land and Wario World, the games where Wario was at his best I believe. Some of you might disagree with my opinion and that's fine. To each their own. Plus, the bike was pretty cool and would like to see it back. Anyways, Wario is pretty much a guaranteed lock at this point. Can't wait for his reveal!

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Wario is one of the few veterans I look forward to return in Smash 4. Wario's moveset in Brawl was a little bit disappointing honestly. Don't get me wrong, I liked playing as Wario and it was awesome to finally seeing him in Smash finally, but I feel that they could have utilized alot of his moveset from the Wario Land series and Wario World way more. I hope Sakurai will reference more Wario Land/World in his moveset because I believe in those games there is a ton of moveset potential. Plus his running animation did not look right for Wario in Brawl.

I want to see way more focus Wario Land/World references in Smash 4, but I have a feeling that they will focus more on WarioWare than on Wario Land and Wario World, the games where Wario was at his best I believe. Some of you might disagree with my opinion and that's fine. To each their own. Plus, the bike was pretty cool and would like to see it back. Anyways, Wario is pretty much a guaranteed lock at this point. Can't wait for his reveal!
He already has more moves from Wario World than he does from Ware in Brawl.

And in all honesty? There's only so much you could use from Wario Land and World with the design of the current Wario. The moveset potential from those games aren't there unless you want to turn him into a sort of grappler character, and not a defensive aerial one. You'd be asking for a major overhaul.

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
He already has more moves from Wario World than he does from Ware in Brawl.

And in all honesty? There's only so much you could use from Wario Land and World with the design of the current Wario. The moveset potential from those games unless you want to turn him into a sort of grappler character, and not a defensive aerial one. You'd be asking for a major overhaul.
You make some good points there. Maybe I'm asking for too much change for Wario. I just kinda like to see some more moves like the Earthshake Punch from WL Shake It and the Piledriver from Wario World for instance.

Dilaray199

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1263-7183-5602
Personally I'd like some change to Wario as it would create a distinct experience for him in brawl and ssb4. This would give me the reason to continue playing Wario in brawl for his uniqueness that would set him apart from ssb4.

Also Wario should get his old Mario Party speech back. "I'm da best! D'oh I missed!"
Not like Wario can lose though...

Shmebulock

Smash Cadet
Just a small addition, but I like the "WOW" sound he makes in WarioWorld after taking a hit.
Maybe it could be used after taking a large hit?

Also the headbutt after his 2 punches could be added into the standard A attack.
Also the Ground Punch from Shake It but enough people have mentioned it.
And a new running animation please.
Alright that's it.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I think he needs a new victory taunt, I like the one where he's laugh maniacally, but I'd like to see something like I'ma Wario and I'ma going to win or I win, I win, nah, nah, nah, nah, ,nah! :warioc:

Wario really does need a Wario's Woods attire. :warioc::warioc:

I would like a Waluigi color swap for Wario, but Wario's Woods I think would be a better choice, but if both were in I'd be pretty happy.

Seriously he needs a new down b, something like Link's bomb, where he gets out a Warioware bomb then when he throws it he yells FIRE, AHAHAHAHAHA!!! :warioc::warioc::warioc:

Last edited:

T-Hell

Smash Lord
I really think that Wario has been renewed in some way, otherwise I don't see why he is still being kept in secret.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I really think that Wario has been renewed in some way, otherwise I don't see why he is still being kept in secret.
Bowser got the largest overhaul and he was one of the first revealed. The latest veteran barely got any change.

I'm betting on a dual reveal with a newcomer.

Last edited:

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I don't even care anymore.

I don't care if he gets a moveset overhaul or not.

I don't care if he gets a trailer or not.

I don't care if he's unlockable.

I just want Wario.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
I don't even care anymore.

I don't care if he gets a moveset overhaul or not.

I don't care if he gets a trailer or not.

I don't care if he's unlockable.

I just want Wario.
I want him to get a Trailer, just cause seeing the big guy pre rendered with all that expression is amazing. Look at mario kart 8

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
Aye, if there's anything we need to bring back hype for Smash 4 it's the return of the fat man.
One thing I'm glad about is the fact that the game is no longer rated T, which means no more Wario Waft, which may lead to a moveset based on Wario Land. Even if my dreams for a Burly Wario in Smash 4 don't come true, I'll always have Project M.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Aye, if there's anything we need to bring back hype for Smash 4 it's the return of the fat man.
One thing I'm glad about is the fact that the game is no longer rated T, which means no more Wario Waft, which may lead to a moveset based on Wario Land. Even if my dreams for a Burly Wario in Smash 4 don't come true, I'll always have Project M.

Oh hello. Wonder why it's rated PEGI12 like Brawl when Melee was 3+. Hmmmm

Knife Myths

Smash Journeyman
You must be at least 13 to fart US law.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Oh, my bad, I was told the US rating was E10. Anybody got the US rating?
It is E10, but PEGI is normally stricter.

For what it's worth though, Wario Master of Disguise is rated E10 and PEGI7, and that game had POOP jokes. Like, literal crap. Mario Strikers gave Wario a fart attack as his special move and it had the exact same ratings as Master of Disguise. These ratings are never consistent. I'm pretty sure Wario wasn't the one that caused the T rating in Brawl though. It had to do with Snake, particularly some uh...suggestive dialog in his codecs.

Last edited:

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
It is E10, but PEGI is normally stricter.

For what it's worth though, Wario Master of Disguise is rated E10 and PEGI7, and that game had POOP jokes. Like, literal crap. Mario Strikers gave Wario a fart attack as his special move and it had the exact same ratings as Master of Disguise. These ratings are never consistent. I'm pretty sure Wario wasn't the one that caused the T rating in Brawl though. It had to do with Snake, particularly some uh...suggestive dialog in his codecs.
That much more sense. Yet another nail on the sneaky man's coffin ;_;

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
They should just announce a Wario Land Wario as a newcomer and keep Brawl Wario the same. Everyone is happy, except Wario haters, but they don't deserve anything. :^)

If not that, then really, more Wario Land content would be greatly appreciated. I'd love a Wario Land moveset focused on grappling, but not at the expense of what he got in Brawl.

Last edited:

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
They should just announce a Wario Land Wario as a newcomer
If we got a second character to represent Wario Land, it shouldn't be another Wario. If we were to go that route, we may as well have Captain Syrup shoulder bashing people. A "Wario Land Wario" would seem a little odd, considering the other instances of two characters sharing an identity are either former transformations or clones.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
If we got a second character to represent Wario Land, it shouldn't be another Wario. If we were to go that route, we may as well have Captain Syrup shoulder bashing people. A "Wario Land Wario" would seem a little odd, considering the other instances of two characters sharing an identity are either former transformations or clones.
I was mostly just messing with that one anyway. lol

Yeah, I'd love Captain Syrup.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I wish Smash had win quotes or something like that. When I compare Smash to something like MvC3, the crossover for the latter actually is more interesting thanks to character-specific quotes. In Smash, it doesn't really feel like the characters are fighting someone that is from a completely other world. Snake is the ONLY one that actually reacts to and interacts with other characters, but that's mostly due to codecs. Whereas in MvC3, seeing Spider Man look at Ryu before battling him and telling him "you got a black belt in STUPID if you think you're gonna beat me" was some amazing **** talk :lol :lol
Wario would have particularly shined here. Oh well, at least we have glorious expressions to wait for.

Knife Myths

Smash Journeyman
MVC3 had better writing and characterization than most Capcom games or Marvel comics so it's kind of an unreasonable standard to live up to.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I wish Smash had win quotes or something like that. When I compare Smash to something like MvC3, the crossover for the latter actually is more interesting thanks to character-specific quotes. In Smash, it doesn't really feel like the characters are fighting someone that is from a completely other world. Snake is the ONLY one that actually reacts to and interacts with other characters, but that's mostly due to codecs. Whereas in MvC3, seeing Spider Man look at Ryu before battling him and telling him "you got a black belt in STUPID if you think you're gonna beat me" was some amazing **** talk :lol :lol
Wario would have particularly shined here. Oh well, at least we have glorious expressions to wait for.
I agree completely, I always thought it was a huge missed opportunity that smash has failed to do anything about. Especially wario, he's the biggest loud mouth Nintendo has yet he wasn't laughing, giving snide remarks or anything of the sort, the only laugh and gestures he could dish out we're confined to taunts when they should be present in most of his moves. These are the kinds of things these characters need to bring them to life as best as possible. I still feel dk and bowser need more then monster sounds too since it would give them some much needed personality to match their animations and the respective games they come from. And like your example of mvsc3 it would be great to see each character play off one another too, it would make it much more then just a bunch of characters thrown in a ring since they would be aware of each other too.

But I doubt sakurai and team will give us what we want in that sense.

Last edited:

BunnyBoy1337

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3265-5888-7478
I'm pretty sure Wario wasn't the one that caused the T rating in Brawl though. It had to do with Snake, particularly some uh...suggestive dialog in his codecs.
That and <SPOILER ALERT> the Master Hand's BLOOD actually being spilled in story mode. Yes, it even says on the back of the box the game has blood.

D

Deleted member

That and <SPOILER ALERT> the Master Hand's BLOOD actually being spilled in story mode. Yes, it even says on the back of the box the game has blood.
Cartoon Violence
Crude Humor

Where does it say Animated Blood?

CaptainQuestion

Smash Cadet
I would be completely behind this as well. Or, well, ANY interaction between the different characters, actually. That was by far my favourite part of the SSE (though enough people would argue it was in fact the only good thing about it), and the entire reason Sakurai's decision to get rid of Story Mode cutscenes feels like such a shame.

I'm hoping for at the very least hidden character dialog like Snake's codecs in SSB4. Some people have made a pretty good case for Pit/Viridi conversations (even though Kid Icarus is honestly a little overrepresented, this addition I would accept with open arms). Any more other forms of interaction between characters would be even greater, but I'm not sure if it would be realistic to expect them - especially talking, which has always been massively underused in Smash Bros. after all.

Then again, Doc Louis, Palutena, Viridi, Lucina and Robin all talk in the trailers... well, it probably doesn't really mean anything.

CaptainQuestion

Smash Cadet
The music selection for the Warioware stage in Brawl was a shame. You don't even have to count Wario Land, there's so many tunes from Warioware missing like Voices being Carried on the Waves, Four Seasons and WARIO DE MAMBO

Regardless, the tracks we got were great. Particularly the medley, I'm partial to that one.
Very true. Especially the first one, 'Voices being Carried on the Waves', seems so iconic (though maybe that's because I played both Wario Land 4 and Mega Microgame$).
Though I guess it might seem just a little out of place on such a hectic stage... on the other hand, I'm not sure we needed both English and Japanese vocals for Ashley's and Mona's songs.

Top Bottom