• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
He was so fun to paly as in Brawl regardless if it really represented his Games. It didnt represent his games but it did represent his personality

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
He was so fun to paly as in Brawl regardless if it really represented his Games. It didnt represent his games but it did represent his personality
Exactly. And honestly, there really isn't much to pull from Wario Land aside from the ground pound and shoulder bash, the latter being his fsmash.

His bite, jab combo, forward throw and to a certain extent Corkscrew are all from Wario World. What more could you ask for, aside from the shoulder bash being a special? I don't really get this "not represented right" statement towards his design. The character has so much detail pulled from his games (his double jump animation is from his signature pose in Warioware Twisted, and when you charge his fsmash he charge up his legs like a should bash that isn't moving), and there was a lot of care went towards his animations.

I'm personally very happy with his Brawl design. He's very fun and true to his character.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I'll take it.

Just so Wario gets two alts while everyone else don't even have one.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
Wario would have three Alts..... thatd be hilarious!

Everone was miffed he was the only one to have an alt last game, now people could be even more miffed he now has one more! lol

D

Deleted member

I got a really strange (most likely) incorrect thought about why they are holding Wario.

If Yoshi can be held because of changing his idle animation, I think maybe they changed Wario's design. Like drastically. You know how Ashley uses the Game & Wario style? What if Biker Wario uses the same art style but Plumber Wario matches the other Mario characters?

I'm probably (hopefully) wrong, but I really do wonder what's holding him. It would just be strange to have Wario demoted to hidden character after being featured so prominently in Brawl's advertising.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I got a really strange (most likely) incorrect thought about why they are holding Wario.

If Yoshi can be held because of changing his idle animation, I think maybe they changed Wario's design. Like drastically. You know how Ashley uses the Game & Wario style? What if Biker Wario uses the same art style but Plumber Wario matches the other Mario characters?

I'm probably (hopefully) wrong, but I really do wonder what's holding him. It would just be strange to have Wario demoted to hidden character after being featured so prominently in Brawl's advertising.
Maybe a dual reveal with Chorus Kids? Rhythm Heaven to Warioware is pretty much what Yoshi is to Mario, so if they want another dual reveal that's pretty much the only one that makes sense, and it could explain why they're holding Wario for so long. I'm probably wrong about it, but it's possible.

Did Sakurai say they withheld Yoshi because of his new animation? Because that's strange, since Bowser had more drastic changes yet he was revealed with the first batch of veterans.

D

Deleted member

Maybe a dual reveal with Chorus Kids? Rhythm Heaven to Warioware is pretty much what Yoshi is to Mario, so if they want another dual reveal that's pretty much the only one that makes sense, and it could explain why they're holding Wario for so long. I'm probably wrong about it, but it's possible.

Did Sakurai say they withheld Yoshi because of his new animation? Because that's strange, since Bowser had more drastic changes yet he was revealed with the first batch of veterans.
Sakurai said something along the lines of "Yoshi now stands upright. This is a pretty big change, so we waited to inform everybody" during the Direct when Yoshi was revealed. Could be poor translation (like the summer release) or maybe he said the same thing in Japanese.

@ the 23 minute mark

I hope they aren't holding him because his moveset was revamped. I liked Brawl Wario (and how he played in Brawl got me to like the character himself) and I hope they aren't changing too much of his moves. Wario Bike is the best thing ever.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Am I the only one who thinks Wario should have his Classic, Biker and Vampire looks? Also 6 alt colours for Vampire Wario.

Last edited:

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I think we'll see this guy before release. I kinda liked the fact he had a motorcycle, so I hope that returns.

Last edited:

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
This schmuck I'm working with right now feels that Waluigi should be in Smash Bros. before Wario!

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Am I the only one who thinks Wario should have his Classic, Biker and Vampire looks? Also 6 alt colours for Vampire Wario.
I'd be cool with it, maybe not before his classy suit in DIY but sure why not. Vampire Wario is my favorite power up.

Actually scratch that, pirate Wario would be the best 3rd alt.
This schmuck I'm working with right now feels that Waluigi should be in Smash Bros. before Wario!
Maybe when Waluigi gets three game franchises all for him alone.

Where the hell is Wario

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
How are they revealing characters? Is it like one a month or something?

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
How are they revealing characters? Is it like one a month or something?
It's been inconsistent lately especially since E3 just happened, and even before that with the Smash Bros Direct, whereas afterward we only got Ike.

I'm gonna make a safe guess and say the next veteran reveal will probably be in early-mid July. The last batch of unannounced (starter) veterans includes :popo::metaknight::warioc: and :lucas: so there's a good chance he'll be next.

...Unless of course there aren't unlockables anymore or Sakurai pulls off another Marth, then you have to rule in :falcon::falco::ganondorf::jigglypuff::gw::ness2::rob: and :wolf:.

Last edited:

Yams

Smash Journeyman
I made this to express my love for Wario as a character in Super Smash Bros.:

He's one of my best :)

Shroob

Sup?
With two posts this week dedicated to alternate costumes, and the banner for the E3 newcomers going down, I have a strange suspicion that it's Wario week this Friday.

D

Deleted member

With two posts this week dedicated to alternate costumes, and the banner for the E3 newcomers going down, I have a strange suspicion that it's Wario week this Friday.
That would be pretty sweet, however, the banners going down means nothing really. The banner for Ike was still up the morning of E3, and was just simply replaced with Paletuna, Pac-man, and Mii's images later. But really, at this point, everyone's thoughts toward Wario can be summarized in two words on the back of his jacket;

Hurry Up!

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I bought Super Mario Land 2 and 3 on Virtual Console because Wario's reveal is taking too long and I need my Wario action. Hopefully this or next week we'll see him.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I made this to express my love for Wario as a character in Super Smash Bros.:

He's one of my best :)
Love it. Smash Wario is a beast.

Now that Mac got his hoodie I need to see my lovable treasure hunter/CEO in his biker outfit and overalls soon.

And yeah I've been playing Wario Land 3 in preparation. Damn awesome game, glad to revisit it.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Lookout, Lookout, a Leak is about!

Someone over at the Bandana Dee Thread spotted it;
What do you guys think of this new leak floating around about "The final newcomers yet to be announced are Ridley, Dixie Kong, Chrom, Shulk, Chorus Trio, and Isaac. Mewtwo is returning."

apparantly gonna be proven right saying wario was gonna be revealed as returning this week.
Your thoughts?

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
Lookout, Lookout, a Leak is about!

Someone over at the Bandana Dee Thread spotted it;

Your thoughts?
Seems a little too "wish fulfillment" for me, sadly. It's taking some of the most popular characters (Ridley, Dixie, Mewtwo) and throwing them all in to sound credible. And because someone will see a character that they like in it (for me, Isaac), they'll believe it.
However, I could be wrong. Do we have a credible source for this? Because I would actually like it if that leak was true, all dat Isaac. <3

A Wario reveal would be AWESOME this week, it'll mean I finally have my Brawl main back. I don't doubt that he's in, but this lack of confirmation is getting me nervous.

D

Deleted member

A Wario reveal would be AWESOME this week, it'll mean I finally have my Brawl main back. I don't doubt that he's in, but this lack of confirmation is getting me nervous.
I feel the same. It's annoying when there's a character you know is in the game, but they still haven't been shown for whatever reason. With Wario, I'm paranoid his moves are going to be changed, which would really suck for me. Other people might not feel the same, but I hope Wario isn't changed too much. Keep the bike please.

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
I feel the same. It's annoying when there's a character you know is in the game, but they still haven't been shown for whatever reason. With Wario, I'm paranoid his moves are going to be changed, which would really suck for me. Other people might not feel the same, but I hope Wario isn't changed too much. Keep the bike please.
I KNOW he's in. Ashey as an AT proved that. But... there's always that little nagging feeling in the back of my head saying "but what if..."

And same. When I first booted up Project M, my immediate instinct was to go to my main man, Wario. And honestly it was painful. All the tactics, all the advanced tech I'd learnt with him, gone. It put a really bitter taste in my mouth, I would have LOVED to play Wario in M.

SmashRiver64 said:
No idea, BandanaDee just said that the leak was a leak, not really a credible source, I'm guessing.
Well, we'll see this week! If it turns out to be legit, I would actually be really happy. A little annoyed at Dixie, but the inclusion of Isaac would be enough to overdo that.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Getting Dixie certainly goes against the norm of K. Rool, but with Sakurai pushing females, i guess i could see it. Isaac seems a tad odd, even though i support him, just because Golden Sun isn't as popular as it was prior to Brawl, but i'll take it. Let's see Wario already!

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I don't think a Wario reveal would mean anything. Think about it, it is likely we'll get a character this week, and who is the one obvious veteran that was a starter, super popular AND obviously in? Yeah, Wario is the most likely.
And same. When I first booted up Project M, my immediate instinct was to go to my main man, Wario. And honestly it was painful. All the tactics, all the advanced tech I'd learnt with him, gone. It put a really bitter taste in my mouth, I would have LOVED to play Wario in M.
This is how I feel. PM Wario is just nowhere near as fun as in Brawl. Sure, he's still mostly the same, but everything that made him really fun are just gone. He went from a utility character to something really...one dimensional? The shoulder bash is just a completely unsatisfying special to use, and the feedback from landing it feels empty. His DAir in Brawl was my favorite, and they changed that to a ground pound that's really risky. The only thing I liked was the DSmash change, except the new one is gimmicky and I'd prefer if it just hit like a normal dsmash. All for the sake of more Wario Land representation which is unnecessary.

I still use him, but when I try other characters who offer more why should I use Wario? He didn't really translate to the new environment properly imo. It really left a bad taste on my mouth for PM as a whole. Doesn't help they changed my other main (Snake) as well.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Think about it, it is likely we'll get a character this week, and who is the one obvious veteran that was a starter, super popular AND obviously in?
Meta Knight?
Captain Falcon? (Was a starter in Melee)
Ness? (Was a starter in Melee)

:troll:

D

Deleted member

Oh shoo, you know what I mean.

I hope.
The trollface and the fact I'm posting in the Wario thread wasn't obvious? :awesome:

But I am being serious in that at least Meta Knight fits the same description, in the event that Falcon and Ness being starters only in Melee means they don't count.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
The trollface and the fact I'm posting in the Wario thread wasn't obvious? :awesome:

But I am being serious in that at least Meta Knight fits the same description, in the event that Falcon and Ness being starters only in Melee means they don't count.
lol yeah the description wasn't exactly specific. I knew Meta Knight fit the description but it was whatever. (i thought)

Top Bottom