• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario

Louie G.

Smash Hero
For some reason I'm feeling a Wario reveal this Thursday or Friday...
I sure hope so. Wario's one of my favorite characters to play as.

Personally, I like Wario the way he is in Smash.
He's wacky and unpredictable, making him a great troll character and a character who I can never get bored of.

I can understand wanting a more Wario Land inspired Wario, but as a big fan of the character, I'm content with his current iteration.
Being the funniest character in Smash fits the fat man really well IMO.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
For some reason I'm feeling a Wario reveal this Thursday or Friday...
I sure hope so. Wario's one of my favorite characters to play as.

Personally, I like Wario the way he is in Smash.
He's wacky and unpredictable, making him a great troll character and a character who I can never get bored of.

I can understand wanting a more Wario Land inspired Wario, but as a big fan of the character, I'm content with his current iteration.
Being the funniest character in Smash fits the fat man really well IMO.
I'd be okay with either incarnation, as long as they keep him hilarious (especially after how long we've been waiting for him.)

Though they had better keep his godly air speed.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Just beat Wario Land today and downloaded Wario Land 2 on Virtual Console. Looking forward to Wario's return to Smash.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
The drums are rolling now tomorrow is the last chance for the rumor

And wario has a good shot due to 1 month since E3 and thats when olimar was revealed.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Not only do I want to see this leak come true, but I really want to see my man Wario back.
It's about time: we haven't had a reveal in a month, and Wario is possibly the most obvious return.
So this could be my very last opinion on what changes should occur for the fat man.

Personally I don't want to see many changes at all, however there are a few things that could be switched.

Number one on my list is Shoulder Bash as a dash attack. It doesn't really fit as a special, and although it was fine as a smash attack, seeing DK's roll makes me a little more excited about this possibility. It's the best fit for the iconic move.

Wario's smash attacks could change as well. If Shoulder Bash becomes a dash attack, a simple strong punch forward could work as a SSmash. Big head spin can stay for sure. DSmash should definitely be Earthshake Punch.

As for Wario's specials, the changes are very minimal. Some better distance on the Corkscrew and faster charge up time for the Waft (and as a result it's slightly weaker). I also had an idea where Wario's Bike explodes after he's finished using it, rather than it falling apart. Then it can be used again after a little while.

In addition, shaking the opponent should be his pummel; although I wouldn't complain about Wario poking his opponents in the belly again. His aerials are perfect.

So here's hoping for Wario tomorrow! I can't wait; I'll probably be really disappointed if we get anything else honestly.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
No no no no @ the bike exploding. The tires are too good and fun!

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
No no no no @ the bike exploding. The tires are too good and fun!
The tires are awesome, and I hope they stick around.

It's unnecessary but something that I can see happening.
Luckily with customization we'll probably get a few fun options.

Oh man, Wario customization will be incredible.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I kinda want to see his headbutt from Wario World as a third jab or a forward smash.

EDIT: Also, while unlikely, he needs his old cackling voice back. I miss his one-liners from Wario World and Wario Land 4.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Something I wanna point out is, you know how a theory for Character Reveals were dependant on the "CHALLENGER APPROACHING!" Strip-Picture-Thing being there or not, and it not being there means a Character will be revealed soon?
Even though that Theories been destroyed;
http://www.smashbros.com/us/
Strip-Picture-Things for Pac-Man/Palutena/Mii Fighters are gone. Here's hoping.

Calcobrena

Smash Cadet
"WHA HA HA HA, YEAH, I'MMA GONNA WIN!"

While I'm a bit unsure as to where people are getting the idea of Wario's imminent arrival, what I wouldn't give to see that enormous, menacing snarlgrin again.

Even though it's a sure bet that characters like Wario, Ness, Falco etc etc are in, does anybody else feel it's a missed opportunity that they could not be a part of the PoTD/Character reveal trailers/newcomer artwork? Especially Wario. Wario and WFT were practically made for one another.

JFM2796

Smash Journeyman
I'm wondering if Wario hasn't been revealed yet because is revealed in one of the newcomer's trailers, in a style similar to Charizard in Greninja's trailer. My guess is Chorus Men, beacuse (from what I understand) Rhythm Heaven and Warioware had some sort of cross-over at one point.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I'm wondering if Wario hasn't been revealed yet because is revealed in one of the newcomer's trailers, in a style similar to Charizard in Greninja's trailer. My guess is Chorus Men, beacuse (from what I understand) Rhythm Heaven and Warioware had some sort of cross-over at one point.
Yep that's the most likely newcomer. They appeared together in Game&Wario, so they're related.

Both Warioware and Rhythm Heaven are sister franchises. Same developers, style and even has connection. Certain space bunnies appear in both series. Game&Watch, as well!

Dilaray199

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1263-7183-5602
I hope so! I would love to see Wario make an entrance on his bike in all his glory again.

BunnyBoy1337

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3265-5888-7478
Personally, I think Wario was just about perfect in Brawl. Just make him taller than Mario, give him his tux from WarioWare: D.I.Y. as a third costume, and he's good to go!

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Personally, I think Wario was just about perfect in Brawl. Just make him taller than Mario, give him his tux from WarioWare: D.I.Y. as a third costume, and he's good to go!
This is what I've been saying man. You're cool in my book.

wario when?

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
I've seen several pics on google of his new render for character selection plus an image of him on the 3ds

Boo_Destroyer

Smash Journeyman
Calling it: He's appearing in the Rhythm Heaven character's trailer. And it's done in the same art style, which ultimately makes sense for both of them.

Shog

Smash Ace

Wario is proud of its supporters and shall be in SSB4! (Btw I am a huge Wario Land 3 fan, so I hope the white costume comes back

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm pretty curious to see what's changed about Wario this time around. He was pretty good in Brawl. Hell it'd nice to see his moveset variants.

Shmebulock

Smash Cadet
I'm indifferent to changing his move-set, but I'm hoping for a new walk/run cycle; to my knowledge it doesn't have an origin/reason. Whilst I'm fine with adding in some original attacks to fill up a moveset, the walk cycle seems to go out of its way to be... weird.
(Also maybe remove the lower frame animations but this is palpable)

Edit: Also, another alternate costume:

Do it Sakurai!

Last edited:

Dilaray199

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1263-7183-5602
Man, I can't wait to see his alternate costumes. Based on what alt costumes I've seen so far, I have no doubt that his will be amazing.

Perhaps Sakurai is spending more time on him which is why we haven't seen a reveal yet. In which case I wouldn't say "Hurry Up!" but rather make sure the fat man is cooked to perfection.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I'm indifferent to changing his move-set, but I'm hoping for a new walk/run cycle; to my knowledge it doesn't have an origin/reason. Whilst I'm fine with adding in some original attacks to fill up a moveset, the walk cycle seems to go out of its way to be... weird.
There is a reason actually. The stop motion style is how he moves in Warioware.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I was hoping for a Ness confirmation, but Wario would be nice too. Though I don't play him, I love his games!

Last edited:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Here's a link of the tweet with images I took of this accidental Wario leak, via Nintendo's eShop special on Wario.

To find it on the eShop on your 3DS, go to the eShop, and scroll the top bar to the far right to "Wario". You'll first see the first image, and then later the 2nd image.

Here's the images I took...

The top left of the last photo confirms it guys.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Everybody knows Wario is in so this better means that we're getting him sooner than later.

If not, blech

Last edited:
Top Bottom