• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] The Perth Power Rankings ~NEW UPDATE 23/09/10~ Version 5.2

Trillest

Smash Ace
TBH Bob if you had been watching Jesse's recent performance last 2 tourneys its not any1 else's fault but Jesse's for his lackluster performance. I can say this having watched more than a majority of his recent matches. Im a huge fanboi of Jesse's so i don't mean malice saying this. As far as Pete is concerned yes a small part of it is due to mu experience but a lot bigger part of it is the fact that after continuous **** from Andy he has improved. When you first played sheik did you reign supreme due to lack of mu experience ?

Also Jesse Pete obviously the only way for you guys to place is to keep rotating characters so nobody can learn your matchup. I guess thats why richard is such a good player

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to think that my **** of Pete is helping him but when he gets demoralised, his play goes to **** and he forgets everything.

Pete278

Smash Lord
I'd like to point out Alex is playing Olimar now, therefore Glenn has matchup experience against Olimar, which damages at least part of Bob's argument.

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
I ranked consistent 9th out of 24 - 30 ppl which isn't too bad but this isn't about me I'm not the one who is showing potential currenly_ I did say that given the next few tournaments we will see how the results truly fare in Petes favour_ As Andy pointed out, Pete does loes his **** sometimes so it's again a mental battle which many of us stand currently in terms of improvement_

True Romance

Smash Ace
I ranked consistent 9th out of 24 - 30 ppl which isn't too bad but this isn't about me I'm not the one who is showing potential currenly_ I did say that given the next few tournaments we will see how the results truly fare in Petes favour_ As Andy pointed out, Pete does loes his **** sometimes so it's again a mental battle which many of us stand currently in terms of improvement_
I don't know. I guess the point I was trying to make is, regardless of how Pete does in the future if you look at how he's doing right NOW (assuming PRs are based on currentish skill levels?) the dude at least deserves an HM. If he continues to place the way he has recently he'll inevitably make the top 10, but that's not where he deserves to be right now.

However there's been rumours floating around Josh will actually get into the PRs, and at worst get an HM. Pete has beaten players as good as Josh has, and has placed as well if not better *recently*(not hating I think Josh is **** but it's fact). He's also done way more then any thing Graeme did to get an HM (once again not hating it's just a fact).

Regardless of Pete "losing his ****" or the "lack of MU knowledge" that the WA scene supposedly has against Olimar, I just can't see how any one could say Pete's not in the top 13-14 players in Perth atm. And that's all you really have to do to get an honourable mention lol.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
This pains me to say... But guess I'd better

Bob I think you can agree when it comes to skill, me, you and Graeme are all relatively the same level. Yet these past few tournaments Pete has defeated me, not sure if he's defeated you or Graeme as of yet but he has beaten ranked players and ranked relatively high (Yes I am aware we have been missing a few players). This at least is valid for an honourable mention, for example lets look at the most controversial HM, Graeme.
He usually ranks the same as you, or myself, quite often around the 13th-11th mark, sometimes 9th. I think he's made the top 8 once or twice. Now Pete used to continually rank last or close too, however these past few tournaments he has won doubles and I believe has ranked around 5th twice, which to me means he has improved a considerable amount and to be able to rank that high means he is more skillful then Graeme and deserves to at least a HM.

Muzga

Smash Ace
This pains me to say... But guess I'd better

Bob I think you can agree when it comes to skill, me, you and Graeme are all relatively the same level. Yet these past few tournaments Pete has defeated me, not sure if he's defeated you or Graeme as of yet but he has beaten ranked players and ranked relatively high (Yes I am aware we have been missing a few players). This at least is valid for an honourable mention, for example lets look at the most controversial HM, Graeme.
He usually ranks the same as you, or myself, quite often around the 13th-11th mark, sometimes 9th. I think he's made the top 8 once or twice. Now Pete used to continually rank last or close too, however these past few tournaments he has won doubles and I believe has ranked around 5th twice, which to me means he has improved a considerable amount and to be able to rank that high means he is more skillful then Graeme and deserves to at least a HM.
Its currently being discussed by the panel so i cant say for sure whats going to come out of it
Thanks for bringing it up.

Jupz

Smash Master
:o at glenn and congrats to trill and andy

you guys can remove me from the panel please. im not active enough atm lol :( sorry

if you're going to get another i nominate gnasch or kane for the panel.

Alzi

Smash Master
Kane should be removed from inactivity otherwise it looks like putting glenn down 6 spots down was biased. Richard should of also been taken off due to certain problems that occured. Meaning everyone moves up and room for two new people like Bob or somthing. If pete makes it in the power rankings i will definatly kill myself lol.

Congrats trill on making it to the power rankings aswell.

Actually i hope corpse doesn't go to anymore tournaments and due to vlade not being able to attend for this term of school the list shall be:

1-Andy
1-Trill

lol.

Muzga

Smash Ace
the general consensus is that if you miss 5 tournaments in a row you should be removed due to inactivity. people who are removed due to inactivity's positions will be reinstated if they attend future tournaments and demonstrate that they still deserve their previous placing.

If im wrong somebody correct me,

Alzi

Smash Master
Hasn't ric, jupz, kane and samuel not been to the past 5 tournaments?

Also is andy above me because i haven't attended the past 2 tournaments?

MTGod

Smash Champion
IIRC there's only been three tournaments since Kane left (Macbeth, OID and AGC), and I'm pretty sure Sam/Ric attended the tournament before the one at Kane's house (making AGC the fourth tournament in a row that they've missed)... I don't know what's up with Jupz, given he hosted Mic 2 @ Kane's house, thus has only missed 3 tournaments in a row...

Andy is above you because there is a concensus that he's better than your last demonstration of your skill (missing the last two tournaments leaves us to use your last few tournaments as an indication of your skill, so the only way you can be above him again is to come to more tournaments to show us otherwise :p)

Alzi

Smash Master
Well trill you can't talk rob is just more **** then lucas.

What happened to Jesse doing so well with lucas i really wanted to see him make the top 10 but now it seems there might be a small chance pete will make it causing me to suicide.

MTGod

Smash Champion
-sigh- Lucas hate :p I'm pretty sure the next newbie to the PRs will either be Pete or Rick (seriously, Rick is ****ing crazy for someone who trains with computers xD) - I am pretty sure I won't be entering the PRs until the holidays at least (I really REALLY shouldn't be playing Brawl twice a week during THIS semester :p), and next semester I'm going to be trying to arrange my timetable so i get a Sat - Mon weekend because three day weekends **** the world, and will also allow me more time to organise tournaments/smashfests = more practice :D

Alzi

Smash Master
Please do not ever say pete might make it onto the power rankings. That is just lol i seriously will not be able to handle it.

Perth has been on a weird slump though the train has not yet gone back on it's tracks.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Back on topic, are there going to be resources to previous versions of the PRs so we can map progress, or just the most current one??? It's a very minor thing, but it'd be nice to see relative progress over three or more iterations of the PRs :D

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
We all know he's moving into God tier soon enough_ I'm still waiting to see the Tournament that Sam comes 2nd in_ What are your thoughts on current player progressions in regards to who would be a candidate to beat Sam_

I hope when Ric gets back into the scene he becomes a total destroyer_

Alzi

Smash Master
Sam unfortunatly will never ever come second in his life in a Australian tournament.

But the person i believe who have it in them in our seen to defeat him is only Vlade. But then again Vlade had his chance but fate decided the turn of that certain grand finals were vlade's falco tripped.

I think i will rise to be honest though bob because i believe in my self. ;)

Top Bottom