• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Dry Bones

Smash Ace
abraxis and Riot_ Fires, what time are you gonna start it? i gotta work in the evening, so ill probably knock off at about 4:30pm... if you're planning to have the tournament a bit later in the evening, i might just pop over for some fun battles. im happy to contribute $5 regardless, heck, its for a good cause =)

i think it might be fun to have a few games of Mario Kart Wii as well, if anyone is planning to buy it... i know i am!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I'll be grabbing it on thurs before I head to bussleton this weekend.

I just hope like hell it works on a chipped wii.

Kowbrainz

Smash Cadet
Alright, just looking through Transperth's times for May 3rd...

...and their site has frozen on me. Several times. Their maps won't work either. :(

Lol, I've been on this same message page for the last 20 minutes now; Transperth is being buggy as hell. I think I had a decent time for arrival at Warnbro Station a few minutes ago, but the site glitched up and the page closed on me. Hmmm...

abraxis

Smash Rookie
@niven : hells yeah. we have GH3 and 2 guitars good to go. so bring your epic shredding skills :p:p unfortunately we dont have a 360 here, but it can easily be arranged. few of our mates that are coming could bring theirs if needed. however we might need to setup another TV in that case, ill work on it.

@drybones : i was thinking we start the actual brawl tourney about 12-1pm, but this is subject to change if it suits people. i was just allowing for travel time it takes to get down here.

@kow : the trains are pretty frequent... hopefully that transperth site clears up ive had some trouble with it too.

everyone dont forget to contact riot on 0422461561 to confirm places and make it easier on us :)

kewl_niven

Smash Journeyman
Awesomeness. I'm willing to bring my 360/PS3/Wii/TV if you like. I have GH3 (+GH2) for 360 as well so we can play the ever so awesome DLC songs. I only have 1 guitar for it though so if anyone knows anyone with 360 guitars please ask them to bring them! =)

Attn: Bringer!

We must get 5km coop HRC at the tourney!

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
Yeah i was thinkin around 12 o'clock start solely because of numbers etc.. Aiming at 16 people minimum but if we get more then need more time consideration (I gave 16 people about 2.30 - 3 hours) so all things considered, best is more but we need to consider time frames etc..

Remember it's not competitors only.. Bring your friends to come watch and socialize, but in regards to competitors, we are aiming for serious competition to let the scene show whats its got and we are recording each fight.. On top of winner takes all cash prize, i'm hoping for some pretty agressive battles..

I'm considering grabbing Mario Kart also Bones but feel free guys if you purchase the game we will have another T.V set-up for Brawl practise or other fun games such as GH3 (Wii) and Mario Kart.. The main t.v will be purely for the Brawl tournament until it's finished and given the remaining time frame, i'd be interested in throwing out a team battle tourney also..

Anyways, don't forget to message me if your coming or not so i can get some numbers and also if your crew is coming down to compete then give me their names and/ or details also so i can get an accurate number of competitors for the day and arrange appropriate match-ups..

BLAH..!

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
Okay some updates about the PK Brawl we will be holding..

Our friend Chris (a.k.a CAL) has organized to have a PC wired up to record all the matches during the tourney and then have them put up on youtube (given players consent).. These matches will also be linked in the forums and/or in the appropriate character video threads..

The prize pool will be split 1st place - 80% 2nd place - 20%..

At the moment we have 20 people listed to participate, which is a nice start to the competitive tournament scene.. So, given the outcome of this PK Brawl event, we should hopefully have a solid scene starting to develop and see some future tournaments starting to take place.. Us PK lads will also be interested in holding future events and aiding in the formation of gatherings/ tournaments..

To those of you coming.. GAME ON..

Kowbrainz

Smash Cadet
Alright; fortunately a sibling has something down in the area on the day so I'm able to be dropped off sometime after 10; I'll probably catch a train back again around 4-ish or something.

I'd like to see how you guys are recording the matches... been wondering about that since my camera's too old and only allows me to get a direct feed for games in 50hz.

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
TOURNAMENT ENTRIES ARE CLOSED..

Start time is 12pm so we would like people to try and show up around 11/ 11.30 to get setup.. Please don't forget it's $5 per entrant to compete in the tournament, with a team tournament being held afterwards given the time frame..

Anyone who needs a ride from the train station please message or call 0422 461 561 beforehand to give me some heads up so we know who to pick up and how many.. Your friends/ partners can come to watch if they want to also as it is not a competitors only competition and we will have a second t.v setup for friendly games of GH3, Brawl, Mario Cart and such..

Recording will be through CAL's computer which he has been ****ing with alot to fine tune the recording quality etc.. Unfortunately we won't be able to use component cables as the technology out is still fairly pricey to get our hands on.. We have tested this out and there is no lag and rest assured our t.v still has awsome picture quality (i still hate not having high def but im a technology addict)..

Please feel free to bring food and drinks for the day..! We will supply some beverages and finger foods and for those who will be staying longer we will be ordering pizza for tea so bring some cash for those..

Thanks to all those who are coming to participate in this tournament.. We hope to see you all there and more..!

BLAH..!

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
Competitor list is as follows..

*Rawt
*Brax
*Faolan
*S&Y
*Cal
*Mic
*DryBones
*Fawk
*Rob
*Sam
*Rich
*Dan
*John
*Dean
*Sam
*Alex
*Adrian
*Eric
*Andre

IF YOUR NAME IS NOT LISTED FEEL FREE TO COME JOIN US ANYWAYS AS THERE MAY BE DROP-OUTS AND/OR ROOM FOR FURTHER COMPETITORS..

GAME ON..

Kowbrainz

Smash Cadet
Yeck... should pay better attention to people's posts next time I have to RSVP, lol.
I'll come on down anyway; hog up the second console or something if I can't get a spot in the tourney. :p

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
Ouch sorry about that.. I do however have some new news.. We will have 3 more places available for latecomers (Kowbrainz takes the 4th spot) to help flesh out seeding a bit more.. I just call these wild cards but in all reality they are just latecomers lol..

Contact me on 0422 461 561 for these last 3 spots so tell your friends..! 24 will give us a perfect seeding number and thats as far as we are willing to go atm purely because we have to fit all of you in our house.. ^_^

BLAH..!

(Hope that helps out a little bit also Kowbrainz)

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
1 SPOT LEFT..! Considering i only put the post up today we only have 1 spot left to fill so first in first serve..

DON'T FORGET TO BRING YOUR FRIENDS ALONG AS WELL..!

BLAH..!

(Recording has been tested and is working perfectly, Good quality picture and sound so hope everyone is happy about that)

Kowbrainz

Smash Cadet
Just wondering if you'd be able to upload the matches to megaupload or another upload site as well as youtube; just in case players want to download their matches for personal use afterwards. I guess I could grab one of those programs that downloads the videos directly from YT, but they usually mess up the quality of the original video... :/

I reckon I need to take a look at how you guys are recording these matches, too... incase I want to make future investments of my own. :p

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Assuming he's got a CD burner you could always bring a CD along?

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
Places full..! And yeah Kowbrainz we could consider that.. You gotta take it up with Cal seeing its his computer and his responsibility..

Mics right it will be recorded on a computer so bring blank dvds if u wanna copy of the matches etc also..

Cal-

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I've got a DVD burner in my compy. Just bring along a blank DVD or CD and I will happily copy whatever matches you want on to it. Just so everyone knows, the raw movie files are about 150 MB per 4 minutes, so make sure you have enough space on whatever you're capturing it on to.
Also, if you have a large usb drive or something similar to that i could just as easily throw the files you want on to that, so that is an option as well, just make sure you have room on it :).

Edit: I can always just add them to an upload site as well, should be no problem.

Kowbrainz

Smash Cadet
Ah, great. I'll be sure to bring down a USB to copy matches onto, although I doubt it'll be able to hold too many, especially if I were to advance to the finals or something. But you guys wouldn't let that happen, would you. :p

If I run out of space and you're okay with uploading them, that'd be great. Thanks. :)

shdw_strkr

Smash Cadet
Finally decided to get up off my **** and pop in here after mic invited me back.

Would have loved to come on sat, but it doesn't quite work for me.

pwnsweet

Smash Cadet
One question I forgot to ask you on the phone about this tournament: Will the TV that we will be playing on have any lag like the one's at the Gametraders tournament or will it be completely lag-free?

cheers

shdw_strkr

Smash Cadet
One question I forgot to ask you on the phone about this tournament: Will the TV that we will be playing on have any lag like the one's at the Gametraders tournament or will it be completely lag-free?

cheers
There was lag?

Cal-

Smash Apprentice
We couldn't notice any lag when we played on it with composite cables.
I know that some HDTV's do (like mine :() unless you use component, but for the TV that the tournament will be on none of us have noticed any lag, just a bit blurrier picture than usual (you need to have played on a large TV in HD before to notice it though).

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
The gametraders did lag, but everyone adapted really quickly. I know I didn't notice it after the first 20 secs of play in the first match.

TunaInTheBrine

Smash Rookie
It could've been the fact that there were a lot of wavebirds in use, I read somewhere that it lags.. tho I'm not sure if it's *that* bad. Either way, the guys I went with noticed it lagged too.

I just found out one of my mates that is registered in the tournament can't make it now, so yeah.. if anyone was thinking about coming down but wasn't going to because all the spots were taken up etc, there will be at least one.. unless someone msgs riot_fires first, I'd assume =p Sorry for the late notice riot_fires/Cal/abraxis/anyone else involved in running it, I just found out!

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
Yeah it lagged.. I personally get really affected by it because im used to HD cables on a HD tv..

Our tv has no lag at all the picture quality is fine and im sure everyone who comes will be completely satisfied with not only the tournament screen but also the recording quality.. XD

BLAH..!

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
Pk Brawl Reminder**

PK BRAWL REMINDER**

ALL COMPETITORS PLEASE DON;T FORGET THAT THE TOURNAMENT IS ON TOMORROW Sat, 3rd May..!

START TIME IS 12PM SHARP SO PLEASE TRY AND GET HERE 30MINS TO AN HOUR BEFORE HAND FOR US TO GET NAMES, PRIZE MONEY AND EVERYTHING ELSE SETUP..!

THE ENTRY COST IS $5 PER COMPETITOR AND THIS WILL BE SPLIT INTO THE PRIZE MONEY;

1ST PLACE - 80%
2ND PLACE - 20%

WE HAVE 24 ENTRANTS LISTED SO WE WILL BE LOOKING AT AROUND 3 - 4 HOURS COMPETITEVLY..

THERE WILL BE PIZZA ORDERED LATER ON IN THE AFTERNOON FOR THOSE WHO STAY AND SLEEPING ACCOMODATION AVAILABLE ALSO..! PLEASE DO NOT FORGET IF YOU NEED TRANSPORT FROM THE TRAIN STATION TO CONTACT US BEFORE HAND SO WE CAN ARRANGE APPROPRIATE TRANSPORT TO AND FROM..

MY CONTACT NUMBER IS 0422 461 561 SO ANY LATE ARRVIALS AND TRANSPORT NEEDS TO BE NOTIFIED TO ME ASAP.. LATE ARRIVALS WHO DONT CONTACT ME JUST GET REPLACED.. SORRY IF IT SOUNDS HARSH BUT WE WOULD LIKE THIS TOURNAMENT TO RUN SMOOTHLY AND WITHOUT FAIL SO HELPING US HELPS YOU TOO :lick:

HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL AND MORE THERE..!

BLAH..!

Dry Bones

Smash Ace
unfortantely guys, i have to inform you all that i wont be able to make it tomorrow =( ive got way too much to do this weekend, and i cant spend a day travelling to rockingham. sorry folks... i just hope its not too late for somebody to take my spot!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
It could've been the fact that there were a lot of wavebirds in use, I read somewhere that it lags.. tho I'm not sure if it's *that* bad.
I use a wavebird and it doesn't lag. It was the type of TV's, some of the lcd/plasma ones lag.

Can't waiiiiiiit!

kewl_niven

Smash Journeyman
Count me in for a turn up. I'll take an empty spot in the tourney if there are any and if I can get there early enough. (although this won't be likely since golf won't finish until late morning >_<) I'll probably rock up early afternoon and might stay the night since you are offering. ^_^ I'll bring a TV and probably my 360. (GH sexytime)

Bjay

Smash Lord
so...! What are the results ^_^!

btw, I'm interested in attending your next unannounced tournament ;)

Kowbrainz

Smash Cadet
Sam won his second tournament in a row (AFAIK). Wait for the replays to be posted up; his Toon Link expertise is incredible...

Singles tourney was fantastic; I didn't hang around for the doubles or anything but I'm hoping Cal gets some replays up on Youtube soon.

I'm really starting to hate my inconsistant play, lol; losing to people I thought I shouldn't have and winning games I didn't think I would. I'm also starting to hate Game & Watch users. :p

Anyway, it was a great turnout; would definitely go for it again. Cheers for organising it all, guys! :grin:

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys..

Thanks to everyone who showed up.. The turnout was good considering a few people had car troubles and couldn't make it (hope those guys near bunbury aren't still out there).. Overall the competition was pretty solid and we got got some great matches etc..

I'm spewin i didn't get to vs some more people who showed but maybe next time.. Sam's toon link took the 1st spot with brax's wolf taking 2nd..

Cal is jus grabbing his cpu now so he can start posting up replays etc of how the tournament went..

Top Bottom