• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VLS Felony - Donation Link in First Post

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
i thought you actually lived in CT...
Nope, I live in MA, I just happened to run this last tournament in another state. Just goes to show you that The Mages are that much more epic at tournament hosting.

JFox

Smash Hero
I don't mean to imply anything, but do you guys have any proof that it was stolen rather than lost? I mean it was one envelope, could it have been misplaced/thrown out accidentally? Are there any signs of forced entry on the box/lock? When you say "fixed the lock and went on their way" does that mean they tried to cover up what was already apparent? Was it clearly broken?

I'm just curious because if you took something like this to the cops, I think you would have to prove that it was definitely not just misplaced...

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Yeah, it's possible it was just thrown out or something, or dropped, and picked up. Thus removing any real evidence. That's why eye witnesses need to step the **** up.

BIG C

Smash Master
no ill wishes or anything but if the fingerprinting and whatnot actually works and u find the person who took I'll give you a cookie. and ur police will get a well deserved round of applause.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I touched the lockbox because i have the mind of a developing child.

Figured i should through out my name is Kevin Morrissey

In case you need actual names you know

Sliq

Smash Master
I touched the lockbox because i have the mind of a developing child.

Figured i should through out my name is Kevin Morrissey

In case you need actual names you know
KevinM took the cookie from the cookie jar.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
where exactly is my money going? to the VLS venue? You know, its only right we actually know where it goes :)

JFox

Smash Hero
where exactly is my money going? to the VLS venue? You know, its only right we actually know where it goes :)
QFT. I know its a terrible thing that happened, but people need a little more details. Also I would still like to see my post addressed before considering a donation.

I don't mean to imply anything, but do you guys have any proof that it was stolen rather than lost? I mean it was one envelope, could it have been misplaced/thrown out accidentally? Are there any signs of forced entry on the box/lock? When you say "fixed the lock and went on their way" does that mean they tried to cover up what was already apparent? Was it clearly broken?

I'm just curious because if you took something like this to the cops, I think you would have to prove that it was definitely not just misplaced...

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
QFT. I know its a terrible thing that happened, but people need a little more details. Also I would still like to see my post addressed before considering a donation.
Ok so first, the money is going to go to help us pay the venue what we still owe them, and to help pay the staff we had hired whom we shorted money.

Secondly, yes the lock on the first box was broken, the lock on the second box intact. We also searched every single place in that room where the money was lost and it wasn't there. We also searched all the belongings that were in the room at the time which all belonged to the Mages. This is how we know it was stolen rather than lost. Had it been lost it would've turned up in our exhaustive search of the room.

NJPlayerFinder

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the info. I'd be willing to donate, but I'd rather not do it through paypal. How's a check made out to omegawhitemage sound? LOL, but seriously, I'll mail a check if you'll take it.

Oops! this is JFox.

JFox

Smash Hero
Thanks for the info. I'd be willing to donate, but I'd rather not do it through paypal. How's a check made out to omegawhitemage sound? LOL, but seriously, I'll mail a check if you'll take it.

Sorry, can a mod please delete that post made by the NJPlayerFinder. I forgot to switch accounts before posting.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
How about I just give cash to you guys the next time I see you? That'd be easier for me than Paypal too...

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer

Sorry, can a mod please delete that post made by the NJPlayerFinder. I forgot to switch accounts before posting.
I'll def take a check, and emmy that's fine as well.

PM me for mailing address.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Hey OWM is there any way i can get access to the pay pal account os i can check it, or at very least, a log of who donated and such, so that i can properly thank them :)

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey OWM is there any way i can get access to the pay pal account os i can check it, or at very least, a log of who donated and such, so that i can properly thank them :)
I'll ask erik later once I talk to him, it shouldn't be a problem.

uw10isplaya

Smash Rookie
Hah, I haven't smashed in forever. Came to the forums to find darkrain combo and nihonjun vs ek videos. Stumbled upon this, which is really ****ed up. I'll donate 5 dollars.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well I haven't had the chance to get them to CT yet, hopefully next time i see Solid Jake I can give them to him.

Additionally, I'd like to thank all those who have donated thus far. Your donations are very much appreciated. Of the people on the list whose smash name I know we have: Hazygoose, hayoto and Elen among 5 other whose names I don't know. Thank you all for your continued support and please dontate if you feel it is a worthy cause.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
bump because it really needs it. i would like to hear more than 8 people have donated. because i know a lot more than 8 smashers care, they just need to find the thread! :D

chillindude829

Smash Master
knowing you helped out a group fo people who were swindled out a thousand bucks is such a sweet thing to do that it will wash that bitter taste right out :D
well therein lies the problem, the group of people who had a thousand bucks stolen from them happens to be the same group of people that made me fight pc chris 2nd round after we both got 1st seeds

so, meh

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
well therein lies the problem, the group of people who had a thousand bucks stolen from them happens to be the same group of people that made me fight pc chris 2nd round after we both got 1st seeds

so, meh
Oh you poor baby. You got FIRST in your second round pool and played PC CHRIS. CERTAINLY you should have played a SCRUB.
There's always losers bracket anyway. >_>
Stop whining.

I was placed in a pool with a IC main, and 2 Peach mains.
The mages know those are the two worst matchups for me when I'm ANY character. Then there's brookman and jiano who both 2-0'd me.
I mean, if I didn't give up half the matches then I would have made it out of pools but that's aside from the point. I didn't. I'll still donate, even though I got ***** in pools.

No getting ***** johns.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Matt, you don't know what you're talking about. chillin got screwed over pretty badly. I got 2nd seed in my pool and got a bye, chillin got 1st in his pools and ended up playing PC early on without the gift of a bye. It could have been fixed pretty easily by simply trading my spot with his, but it didn't.

EDIT: but I do agree with Cort.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
yea read above post mattdotzeb. seems you're still a little bitter yourself about me calling you a kdj fanboy maybe?
i don't care about that. :laugh:

I didn't know that you got screwed over that bad.
But yeah, as Cort said "how about we all just shut up, and donate if we want to, and carry on with our lives otherwise?"
Also, at least you made it to the bracket ;)

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
he's just bitter he tied with some kid from Maine lulz
Did I MM him?

And
I didn't tie with anyone.
I think I actually got absolute worst out of EVERYONE.
I mean like DEAD LAST.
In my pool
I got 2-0'd by everyone.
Coin Chaser and a few others I played Roy against but that's not the point either. :laugh:
I went 0-14 in my pool.
I'm actually quite proud. :laugh:

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Did I MM him?

And
I didn't tie with anyone.
I think I actually got absolute worst out of EVERYONE.
I mean like DEAD LAST.
In my pool
I got 2-0'd by everyone.
Coin Chaser and a few others I played Roy against but that's not the point either. :laugh:
I went 0-14 in my pool.
I'm actually quite proud. :laugh:
I was talking about Chillin and Darc

pockyD

Smash Legend
I was placed in a pool with a IC main, and 2 Peach mains.
The mages know those are the two worst matchups for me when I'm ANY character. Then there's brookman and jiano who both 2-0'd me.
I mean, if I didn't give up half the matches then I would have made it out of pools but that's aside from the point. I didn't. I'll still donate, even though I got ***** in pools.

No getting ***** johns.

why do people make a post full of johns, then finish by saying no johns?

quit your whining at least you weren't the ice climbers player in the pool with the peaches -_-

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
why do people make a post full of johns, then finish by saying no johns?

quit your whining at least you weren't the ice climbers player in the pool with the peaches -_-
:o
Blah
Who cares? :p
And I did quit my whining ._.
Though I'd rather not start an argument with anyone in this community (unless it's chillin <3) so I'll shut up.
And my johns were just an example to show he wasn't the only one who got screwed. o_o;

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey, how about everyone stops spamming this thread and just talks about what it's here for? If it doesn't pertain to the stolen money please don't post. I donp't want this to get closed cuz you guys won't shut up about stupid ****.

Top Bottom