• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Violence is on sale today - Anna for DLC! * Waiting for new stock! Bear with us here! *

ZanZero

Smash Apprentice
This is honestly the one FE character I would be overjoyed to see playable.
Add me to that dandy ol' list of merchants.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
I had my own version of 3-13 Archer in Radiant Dawn. Killer Lance guy fought valiantly against the hordes of swarming Laguz in that godawful Dawn Brigade chapter. He survived to the end but was then slain by Haar in the very next chapter. Rest in peace, Killer Lance Guy.

Hong

The Strongest
But 3-13 archer is an ally. I would still consider generic ally characters for contenders though. :troll:
Oh, I know.

If I had to pick a generic enemy, I would want Risen Pegasus Knight as a character. Got to love that death scream.
@ Hong Hong Added your moveset to the OP.
Thanks mate. ( ' ▽ ')/

Here's hoping that Sakurai and his team can do even better,

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Thanks mate. ( ' ▽ ')/

Here's hoping that Sakurai and his team can do even better,
You're welcome!

So, what do you think about the newly revealed Coliseum stage? Much like Anna, it's a recurring element of the games, appearing in 10 out of the 13 games.

The stage looks pretty cool, even though I never played an FE game that featured arenas. I've only played Radiant Dawn and Awakening...

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
You're welcome!

So, what do you think about the newly revealed Coliseum stage? Much like Anna, it's a recurring element of the games, appearing in 10 out of the 13 games.

The stage looks pretty cool, even though I never played an FE game that featured arenas. I've only played Radiant Dawn and Awakening...
I think it's probably Marth's. After all, the games that don't have that stage currently have the only other representatives. It's possible, though, that it could also be Anna's. And, although I'd hate to say it. considering Roy is highly requested in Japan due to the fact that about as many people played Binding Blade as we did Radiant Dawn, it could be Roy's.
...I'm so sorry, Roy fans. I don't really want him in. :dkmelee:

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Roy was better done in Project M than Melee so I say keep him out. Why ruin somebody else's chances to get in when Roy prefers the work of others?

Still think this is supposed to be Ike's stage for weird reasons. Would be amazing if it were Anna's though.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
I'm pretty sure this stage belongs to good old Marth. But I find it cool that such a recurring part of FE was put in the game. Maybe this means we can see Anna as an assist trophy?

Moonlighter

Smash Cadet
Maybe this means we can see Anna as an assist trophy?
You should upgrade your expectations. I don't wanna see Anna as an assist. That would disappoint me almost as much as Lyn's fate did.

Anyways, uh, Anna is pretty much my most desired newcomer at this point, and I don't think anything would personally beat seeing her get revealed. Wasn't much more than a vanity pick when I first started thinking about FE representatives (as she was my favourite character in Awakening), but she's just started to make more and more sense as I've thought about her place and history in the franchise, and her relative distinctiveness in the context of the FE characters that we already have. There's a big unspoken rule that I hear a lot, that an FE rep has to be a Lord, and I can't help but think that Anna's pretty much the perfect candidate if you ever tried to consider anything below that.

I'd appreciate it if I were added to the list of supporters.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
You should upgrade your expectations. I don't wanna see Anna as an assist. That would disappoint me almost as much as Lyn's fate did.

Anyways, uh, Anna is pretty much my most desired newcomer at this point, and I don't think anything would personally beat seeing her get revealed. Wasn't much more than a vanity pick when I first started thinking about FE representatives (as she was my favorite character in Awakening), but she's just started to make more and more sense as I've thought about her place and history in the franchise, and her relative distinctiveness in the context of the FE characters that we already have. There's a big unspoken rule that I hear a lot, that an FE rep has to be a Lord, and I can't help but think that Anna's pretty much the perfect candidate if you ever tried to consider anything below that.

I wish I could be optimistic about her inclusion, but I still firmly believe that Anna can never be playable. Unfortunately, Anna herself isn't very important to the franchise when put in context. Her largest role was in Awakening, and even there her recruitment was optional. Take the coliseum stage that was announced today. It's not only a recurring aspect of FE, but it also plays a significant role in many of the games it has appeared in. Anna just doesn't have that kind of staying power to the franchise, and certainly not when put into the perspective of a crossover fighting game. And if there was to be a FE character that wasn't a lord, I'm think it would end up being Robin due to his important role in Awakening. Still, it would be amazing to see her, but I can't imagine it happening.

Moonlighter

Smash Cadet
Anna herself isn't very important when you compartmentalize everything she does in every individual game, but the main drive behind saying Anna is relatively important to the franchise is exactly that. She is a representative of the franchise. Zooming in, I feel, misses the point a bit. Because all those little appearances in practically every game adds up. She's a constant of the FE series, as true to it as Lords and soft resets, and she's one of the links that connect almost every single title together. Marth is unquestionably the face of the franchise, but Anna is something like the mascot. I don't think that's easily ignored. If you ever wanted to push a character that could represent more of the franchise than the game that they star in, I think Anna is pretty much perfect for that. I honestly can't think of any other character in the series who's better for something like that.

Anyways, I wouldn't downplay Anna's escalating importance. As you mentioned, her largest role was in Awakening, the latest FE game. She's a bigger character than she's ever been, and yes, while Anna the unit is optional, you can't get away from the fact that Anna is the face of pretty much everything vendor-related in Awakening. Anna is every merchant, every attendant in every Scramble, and apparently the steward of a gate that quite literally connects every Fire Emblem game to each other. Her face is everywhere in Awakening.

I'm obviously not a 100% certain that Anna's going to appear, and if she doesn't, well... that's that, but I really don't see how Anna doesn't make sense.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Just got to the part in Rekka No Ken where you talk to Anna and she gives a strategy to get to the pirates and meet Jake :)

Is she also a Merchant eventually? She's way cooler than this Merlinus guy.

Anyways, uh, Anna is pretty much my most desired newcomer at this point, and I don't think anything would personally beat seeing her get revealed. Wasn't much more than a vanity pick when I first started thinking about FE representatives (as she was my favourite character in Awakening), but she's just started to make more and more sense as I've thought about her place and history in the franchise, and her relative distinctiveness in the context of the FE characters that we already have. There's a big unspoken rule that I hear a lot, that an FE rep has to be a Lord, and I can't help but think that Anna's pretty much the perfect candidate if you ever tried to consider anything below that.

I like your avatar ;)

Hong

The Strongest
To respond to everyone saying this is "Marth's stage".

No. It's not.

It's no more Marth's stage than Pokemon Stadiums 1 & 2 are Pikachu's stage. Based Fire Emblem historian @ JaidynReiman JaidynReiman even identified the fact most of the features are based on the GBA arenas, but even that doesn't matter. Not everyone gets a proper due stage. This is a FIRE EMBLEM stage. At least you could argue Arena Ferox is in tribute to an Awakening character, and even then I would point out some stages in past entries that were from games not specific to any one character. We don't get a lot of stages specific to characters at all; Peach's Castle and Wario Ware are among the ranks of few.

Seeing this stage and nothing specific to the Akaneian saga or the Tellius saga is good for Anna. Like @ Frostwraith Frostwraith said, it is like Anna in that it is about as nonspecific as a Fire Emblem stage can get.

Want a nonspecific Fire Emblem stage? A castle being attacked.
Want a nonspecific Fire Emblem stage? An arena.
Want a nonspecific Fire Emblem character? Well, now that Tiki is out of the picture, that only leaves one.

Not saying Anna has had a substantial boost with this stage unveil; I expected something ambiguous. That said, since the chances of seeing a third Fire Emblem character were looking at least reasonable, I would say the fact we didn't get anything specific means Anna has gotten the most from this update. They didn't check for specific inspirations. That's enough to be happy with.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Frankly I think Anna and Robin are about on par here, especially if they go with the idea of making Robin a "Tactician" instead. Regardless, if Anna is made playable, I hope they'd go with making her a mage since I really, really want a Fire Emblem mage, and with so many Anna's I don't see how one Anna couldn't be more of a mage.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
You know, if Anna did make it in as playable, I would not mind seeing her Dark Knight outfit as an alternate costume.

Makes her look more...sinister.

Oh, and it would be cool if she wielded the Levin Sword as well. That would definitely make her stand out more.

I might write a moveset for her this weekend, if I have the time. Though, it will certainly prove to be a challenge.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Why would anyone say this is Marth's? After seeing Arena Ferox and having played awakening, I thought that was already clear who would "home" that stage. This still is a stretch for Ike, Mercenary in a coliseum isn't too out there but yeah, this is just simply a FE stage and that's that.

andimidna

Smash Master
I'm almost done with the main portion of my moveset, but I have a question:

Could Dragonskin, Vantage+, and Rightful God work in her moveset?
I want to add more moves that aren't made up, but I can't picture how they'd work in Smash...
thoughts?

I also wish I could include luck in her moveset but I'm pretty sure I can't :p

You know, if Anna did make it in as playable, I would not mind seeing her Dark Knight outfit as an alternate costume.

Oh, and it would be cool if she wielded the Levin Sword as well. That would definitely make her stand out more.

I might write a moveset for her this weekend, if I have the time. Though, it will certainly prove to be a challenge.
I like your sig more and more each time you edit it :)

Hong

The Strongest
Could Dragonskin, Vantage+, and Rightful God work in her moveset?
I want to add more moves that aren't made up, but I can't picture how they'd work in Smash...
thoughts?
Sure. You can take skills from any Fire Emblem ever.

Dragonskin doesn't really suit Anna in the sense it sounds like a tanking move. That said, if it were a move, it would be either a self-buff that grants damage/flinch armor, or an attack with armor.

Vantage+ is easy: it would be a counter. Instead of blocking the attack as other counters do, it would sort of immediately activate based on an attack happening in proximity. So, for example, if Marth starts his f-smash near Anna after she has activated it, she would unsheathe a killer sword, vanish, and cut him from behind in a matter of frames.

Rightful God sounds like something that would empower your next smash attack and/or special.

There are lots of other abilities to draw from. Rally Speed could increase all of Anna's speed parameters, including fall speed. Sol could be a charge move like any other, represented as a lance or sword strike or something, and heal on contact. Luna could have Anna pull out a spear and spin it like a helicopter blade to recover, then drop down with the spear as a shield-breaking attack.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
@ Frostwraith Frostwraith Could you please add my moveset to the OP?
My Anna represents Fire Emblem in its entirety. She comes in her classic attire, in full HD and well detailed. Being around for just about everything, she uses everything from any Fire Emblem ever, to reflect on her several-millenia-long family business that spans the entirety of the seven realms and beyond. Anna is light, so while she has above average movement speed and jump ability, she can't take too many hits. She is another keep-away character, but compared to Link or Samus, she focuses more on trickery and doesn't have as many strong attacks.

Anna mugs the enemy upon all melee attacks, as indicated by coins flying out of them on hit. As Anna makes more and more money, the audible noise of jingling coins can be heard as she moves, with both an audible and visual cue when she is at full capacity. On contact with the blastline, Anna loses all her coins. Oh no!

Specials
B: Knife
From the land of Tellius comes this incredible throwing knife, Peshkatz. This move has two uses: The first is simply tapping B repeatedly to heckle your enemy with knives. Alternatively B can be held and, with a shake of her wrists, Anna will add two knives to her fold, up to twice for five knives total. While holding B you still have full movement control of the character. Knives thrown while grounded go in a forward fan, while knives thrown in the air go diagonally down.

B Forward: Sonic Sword
Anna, holds the sword low to the ground before slashing upwards and across, sending a windy shock-wave across the stage. This is chargeable (like a smash attack), and the projectile travels both fast and far. It doesn't have a lot of knock-back and it can only travel where there is ground, dissipating when it reaches the ledge. When used in the air, it exchanges the projectile for forward momentum on release, aiding Anna's recovery.

B Down: Coin Toss
Anna throws a bag of her collected coins horizontally at immense speed and high impact. At maximum capacity, Anna has super armour for the throw, and immense KO power near that of the fully charged Wario Waft. This is a great ranged finisher, as well as a potential counterattack.

B Up: Warp
Anna extends a staff and out comes out a player-controlled mote of light that travels about twice the speed of PK Thunder. Upon the release of B, on contact with the surface or when it has travelled its maximum distance, Anna will vanish and reappear in that location. Upon contact with a player, Anna not only moves to that location, but switches places with that character! Keep in mind it counts as a projectile, so it can be dodged and reflected.

You can cancel this with R and maintain control of your character, so you can try to fake out the enemy if things look bad.

Final Smash: Lethality.
Anna unsheathes a Killer Sword and dashes forward at immense speed. Should she make contact with an enemy, the screen will go red, showing only the black silhouettes of the players as they receive the fatal blow, guaranteeing a KO.

Throws
Grab Attack: Anna holds up the enemy with both hands and can shake them for coins, hurting both their body and their bank.
Forward: Steals a pouch of coin from the enemy before delivering an epic drop-kick.
Backward: Performs the greatest German Suplex in history.
Downward: Stuffs the enemy in a coin bag and jumps on it, sending them backwards on a low trajectory.
Upward: Throws the enemy upwards, and with one hand extended upwards and carrying an Arcflame tome in the other, she sends the enemy scorching with a conic blast of flame.

Aerials
Neutral: A 360 spin with the legendary axe, Armads, in hand. A move with electrifyingly superior knockback at the cost of a narrow hitbox.
Forward: Fires an arrow forward from Nidhogg, the legendary bow, with good damage and standard knockback.
Backwards: Turns and fires an arrow from Parthia, another legendary bow, with less damage but a lower knockback trajectory.
Downwards: Swings a bag full of coin straight downwards as a meteor smash.
Upwards: Twirls the Wing Spear above her head, with its great reach covering aerial assaults from a wide angle.

Smash Attacks
Forward: Swings the Hammer. This move is very effective against shields, with a guaranteed break at full charge. It can be seen as a makeshift Shield Breaker, though it cannot be charged while airborne.
Downwards: The wind tome Excalibur is held while Anna is wrapped in fierce cutting winds. More range with greater charge.
Upwards: Anna aims the Double Bow upwards and releases. The velocity of the arrow increases with charge.

Normals
Jab: For as long as A is held, Anna swings Sol Katti at blinding-fast speeds.
Forward Tilt: The legendary spear, Gungnir, is prodded outwards. It has a lot of reach, though little power and a precise hitbox.
Up Tilt: Anna holds up a torch and ignites any enemies above.
Down Tilt: A planted spin-kick.
Dash Attack: As she runs, Anna can be seen pulling Vague Katti from a sheathe before she vanishes, delivering a cut attack to anyone on her path.

Also to note that Anna uses the Warding staff while shielding, merely as a cosmetic choice.

As a final note Anna MUST have cheesy puns for some of her taunts and victory quotes. If possible I would like her Awakening design to be available as an alternate outfit.
Nice use of Lethality for her FS ;D
Though I'm not sure why an attack of throwing money keeps coming up. You'd think throwing her money away would be the lat thing Anna would do.

I would more like to see her Assassin's outfit as an alternate costume. I don't have a picture because honestly I have no freaking idea how to put pictures up here on the forums... But yeah the assassin's outfit is pretty hot, not gonna lie.:awesome:

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
Anna throughout my play through of Awakening, was one of my main units. My other main was Lon'qu and his Killing Edge because it was so broken. She's also the most recurring character in the series, which gives her a good boost. She would use all kinds of weapons and spells and all the things she sells. I support!

Hong

The Strongest
Nice use of Lethality for her FS ;D
Though I'm not sure why an attack of throwing money keeps coming up. You'd think throwing her money away would be the lat thing Anna would do.
It also represents the idea that the character would use money to win, which doesn't seem out of her reach. It was also the best way I could think of for tying in the fact she was a merchant. It was heavily inspired by Gil Toss from Final Fantasy.
I would more like to see her Assassin's outfit as an alternate costume. I don't have a picture because honestly I have no freaking idea how to put pictures up here on the forums...
Do you have the image saved on your computer?

If so, all you have to do is first upload it to the Internet. A site like imgur is a good choice. From there, grab the image link (the one ending with .jpg, .png, etc.) and copy it. On SmashBoards, click the Image button (next to the smiley face above the field where you type your posts), paste the link into there, click "Insert" and voila!

Hong

The Strongest
Here is an image of her Assassin outfit. Personally, I do not think it suits her, but to each his/her own.

Agreed. I don't find it cool or sexy.

I think she should go with her classic dress, updated and in HD, with some athletic tights on underneath sort of like Pit.

While I used to advocate her Trickster outfit as an alternative, her merchant attire is too adorable to pass up.

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
Agreed. I don't find it cool or sexy.

I think she should go with her classic dress, updated and in HD, with some athletic tights on underneath sort of like Pit.

While I used to advocate her Trickster outfit as an alternative, her merchant attire is too adorable to pass up.
Agreed, but I like the pose.
I just want her to use her merchant outfit, because it's the most recognizable.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Do you have the image saved on your computer?

If so, all you have to do is first upload it to the Internet. A site like imgur is a good choice. From there, grab the image link (the one ending with .jpg, .png, etc.) and copy it. On SmashBoards, click the Image button (next to the smiley face above the field where you type your posts), paste the link into there, click "Insert" and voila!
:D awesome. Thanks. It looks like Altais beat me to it so I won't post it again. And yeah I agree the assassin's outfit doesn't fit her necessarily since it goes to any female assassin. Eh I like it anyways. Female Thief and Archer have similar outfits.

Hong

The Strongest
It's alright. I would take it, as said above, as a blue costume. There are a number of nice options for Anna! I liked the merchant one I posted, but I am sure a lot of people would prefer the one @ loganhogan loganhogan posted, or the Trickster outfit, instead.

Hong

The Strongest
Most people will just pick the "hottest" or whatever teens these days honk all over. Which is one of the reasons I'd like her to be wearing armor, thank you.
Yeah. Zero Suit Samus is enough horny teenager fodder, tyvm. >.>

That's only part of the reason why I am not too fond of her clingy outfits, but they are perfectly fine if she is reasonably proportioned.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
There's also this

:troll:

Though in all honesty my favorite look on her is her trickster outfit followed by the dark knight outfit.

But Anna has a lot of outfits she changes clothes in every game, Lucky her with all that gold.

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
How about this for a costume?

Yikes. Never judge a book by its cover.

What scene is that from? I am pretty sure I have never come across whatever chapter that is in.

...Come to think of it, I STILL have not beaten the Endgame chapter in Fire Emblem: Awakening. And I have had the game for over a year now. I am on mine very first playthrough. I decided to play on hard mode and classic mode. Most of the chapters have been a cakewalk for me, but this one is hands down one of the hardest, the other one being the first chapter in which you fight Lobster Boy (just a HUGE clearing, surrounded by cavalry, with virtually no terrain to take advantage of. Truth be told, I survived that chapter by pure luck).

[collapse="Major Fire Emblem: Awakening spoilers. Open at your own risk."]I just cannot get to Grima-possesed Altais (what I named mine avatar). She just constantly bombards you with reinforcements. What is worse is that you cannot even freaking cover the points at which they appear. Running away is not a very good idea, because it will just get you surrounded and overwhelmed. Mine plan is usually to make mine way to the center of the map (so I do not have to worry about getting sucker punched) and just stay there until the reinforcements stop coming, but because I am constantly having to defend mineself against wave after wave of assault teams, the opportunity never presents itself. What will usually happen is that I will be doing well throughout the first six, seven, or eight turns, but then enemy reinforcements will spawn at mine rear and then kill one (or more) of mine units. Very irritating. [Shrugs] Oh well, I'll eventually find a way--like I always do.[/collapse]

Hong

The Strongest
Yikes. Never judge a book by its cover.

What scene is that from? I am pretty sure I have never come across whatever chapter that is in.
Hot-Springs Scramble DLC IIRC.
...Come to think of it, I STILL have not beaten the Endgame chapter in Fire Emblem: Awakening. And I have had the game for over a year now. I am on mine very first playthrough. I decided to play on hard mode and classic mode. Most of the chapters have been a cakewalk for me, but this one is hands down one of the hardest, the other one being the first chapter in which you fight Lobster Boy (just a HUGE clearing, surrounded by cavalry, with virtually no terrain to take advantage of. Truth be told, I survived that chapter by pure luck).

[collapse="Major Fire Emblem: Awakening spoilers. Open at your own risk."]I just cannot get to Grima-possesed Altais (what I named mine avatar). She just constantly bombards you with reinforcements. What is worse is that you cannot even freaking cover the points at which they appear. Running away is not a very good idea, because it will just get you surrounded and overwhelmed. Mine plan is usually to make mine way to the center of the map (so I do not have to worry about getting sucker punched) and just stay there until the reinforcements stop coming, but because I am constantly having to defend mineself against wave after wave of assault teams, the opportunity never presents itself. What will usually happen is that I will be doing well throughout the first six, seven, or eight turns, but then enemy reinforcements will spawn at mine rear and then kill one (or more) of mine units. Very irritating. [Shrugs] Oh well, I'll eventually find a way--like I always do.[/collapse].
Well, I played on Lunatic and barring Lucina had used no children characters.

I had a pairing of my two strongest character (a general and someone paired with them, don't remember) and Chrom/Robin charge straight for Grima. Then I had another pairing to cover the left, another to the right. Was there any spawns from the south? If so, I had a pairing for that, too. I had three healers with Psychics in the middle to keep everyone alive.

Are your levels just really low or something? I don't remember being maxed out or anything, but I had some characters with Gale Force.

If all else fails, you can try some of those one-time-use stat-boosting elixirs

Last edited:

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Hot-Springs Scramble DLC IIRC.Well, I played on Lunatic and barring Lucina had used no children characters.

I had a pairing of my two strongest character (a general and someone paired with them, don't remember) and Chrom/Robin charge straight for Grima. Then I had another pairing to cover the left, another to the right. Was there any spawns from the south? If so, I had a pairing for that, too. I had three healers with Psychics in the middle to keep everyone alive.

Are your levels just really low or something? I don't remember being maxed out or anything, but I had some characters with Gale Force.

Good for you. The moment I acquired Lucina my megalomania took over and I morphed into a eugenicist Nazi experimental scientist trying to muster the most powerful army the 3DS silicon chips ever beheld. It proved to be my downfall when I got bored and moved onto Dark Souls :p

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Hot-Springs Scramble DLC IIRC.Well, I played on Lunatic and barring Lucina had used no children characters.

Most of mine units just have very low defence. Their speed and evasiveness are second to none (I always trade power for speed. I cannot help it), so they can usually dodge most attacks, BUT there are always those times when the enemy gets lucky. Besides Chrom, Lucina, Sully, and Virion, none of mine units can take more than two or three hits.

These are mine main units:

Chrom, lvl. 20 Great Lord (married to Altais)
Altais, lvl. 20 Grandmaster (married to Chrom)
Lucina, lvl 20 Great Lord (A-rank support with Chrom & Altais.)
Sully, lvl 20 Paladin (married to Virion)
Virion, lvl 20 Sniper (married to Sully)
Gaius, lvl 17 Assassin (married to Miriel)
Miriel, lvl 20 Sage (married to Gaius)
Lon'qu, lvl 13 Swordmaster (married to Lissa)
Lissa, lvl 20 War Cleric (married to Lon'qu. B-rank support with Chrom)
Sumia, lvl 13 Falcon Knight (A-rank support with Cordelia)
Cordelia, lvl 10 Falcon Knight (A-rank support with Sumia)
Olivia, lvl 25 Dancer
Tiki, lvl 28 Manakete //I only really use this character for backup. Otherwise, for the most part, she is just there.
Basilio, lvl 10 Warrior //I only really use this character for his Rally Strength skill. Otherwise, he is just there.
Flavia, lvl 11 Hero //I pretty much always have this character teamed up with Basilio. I almost never use her.

Throughout mine playthrough, I never once stopped to level grind; that is why some of mine levels are a little low. Unless a unit is in grave danger, or if I just want to move faster, I pretty much never use the pair-up mechanic, as it just reduces mine attack force. I am aware said mechanic has its benefits, but whether or not those benefits kick in (such as double-attack and double-guard) is ultimately a matter of random chance--and I am not one to gamble. When playing any strategy game, I always assume the worst case scenario and prepare accordingly. Unless I have a backup plan, I pretty much never attack unless I have a 100% chance of hitting. When on the offensive, mine attack pattern is usually to soften up the enemy with a ranged attack, then swiftly finish them off with a direct attack. Hit them before they hit you. I am just not the kind of player that just rushes in with a Killer Lance/Axe/Sword and hope I kill everyone with a critical hit.

andimidna

Smash Master
Decided to make my moveset the hardest way possible. Yay.
I drew it out, and got tired o it after 3 pictures, so since these are the only two moves I was particularly attached to- here they are.

image.jpg

Don't hate on the drawings :p
Made the names of te moves funny because, well, this is Anna.
Recovery is Pegasus Flight
Based off Pegasus Knight.
I modeled the wings after the Pegasi in Radiant Dawn, because that's where she appears as a Pegasus knight in the tutorial. An actual Pegasus isn't in the picture, but it could, either way works. I chose to have her cape disappear to give her wings. Thought it looked cool. This is how I wanted to incorporate a lance. A drew it too fat though, but it would be nice if it had a large hitbox, not a lot of recoveries do. And that separate piece hanging off was designed off est's lance and the exalt mark. Has a random hit from below, mostly just an extra detail.

Counter Strike is only there because of how prominent counter moves are in fire emblem. But it's not a typical sword strike. It's made different by using the levin sword. She jumps back behind who hits her while using the move, and the affect is more like Pikachu's down b. yay uniqueness.

Side b could be an aether completely dissimilar to Ike's. the merchant Anna's backpack could appear on her back and she could take out a random fire emblem weapon and throw it forward. They could make them around the same size so they could include many weapons, since merchant Anna has access to many weapons, it would be nice but would hurt gameplay.
Or that could be her neutral b and her side b could be based of the animation of a theifs sword attack from the Gba games. I was just using Matthew in rekka no ken and I think it looks pretty badass. Though I'd hope they'd call it a knife attack. Looks like a knife to me, not sure what sword is that small. A knife attack could suit her IMO. But this attack would most likely work similarly to greninja's.
except she'd jump in front of the opponent and then back to where she started.
Another option for a neutral special could be based off money. This could be a simple gold coin projectile.

Although gold flying everywhere could make a hilarious final smash. I wouldn't mind a canon move from one of the classes she can change
To. That would fit well also. This is a character with a lot of potential and I hope Sakurai sees that.

Get hyped for Anna's birthday E3 everybody!!

Last edited:

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
I decided to sit down and try base her moves and style off of her skills from awakening. Holy crap did she really get the shaft with a large majority of them. Never realized the set I ended up with her was Acrobat, Lethality, Bowfaire, Bow Breaker and Bond as a Bride.

Anyways, she's better off sticking with her Trickster costume and sword, although I do like the Dark Knight and Bride costumes on her.

Top Bottom