• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Violence is on sale today - Anna for DLC! * Waiting for new stock! Bear with us here! *

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
"This is such an amazing character idea. They offer so many fun, interesting gameplay prospects and play like no one else."

"Nah, forget it. Our spreadsheets state Fire Emblem already has three characters. If we have four Fire Emblem characters, some fierce, inane, nonsensical demon god will resurrect and annihilate all of Shinigawa."
I'm calling it right now, this is the plot for SMT x FE.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
"This is such an amazing character idea. They offer so many fun, interesting gameplay prospects and play like no one else."

"Nah, forget it. Our spreadsheets state Fire Emblem already has three characters. If we have four Fire Emblem characters, some fierce, inane, nonsensical demon god will resurrect and annihilate all of Shinigawa."
Oh man, I don't even want to know what would happen if Pokemon got six characters!

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
It would be wild if Star Fox got three characters. :troll:

Am I making up arbitrary rules for the roster right?

Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BigUglyMan-Doll
What a cool idea. I would totally be excited to see this happen, not only for the potentially diverse and interesting moveset, but for the significance to the franchise. The only character to appear in nearly every game? That should make her as much a mascot as Marth, if not more. I'm not confident it will happen, but I'd love to see it.

shrooby

BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
It would be wild if Star Fox got three characters. :troll:

Am I making up arbitrary rules for the roster right?
Oh man, I can only imagine what would happen if Star Fox got three characters!
Rising global sea levels, bigger hurricanes and "superstorms," earthquakes causing nuclear spills, or country invasions! Who knows what could happen!?

:troll:
All problems in the world are Sakurai's fault.

I'm not confident it will happen, but I'd love to see it.
And you pretty much described everybody who supports Anna! You are now one of us!

Hong

The Strongest
All jokes aside, I am 100% okay with Anna being a third Fire Emblem character on the roster. Heck, as long as Ike's play style shows up somewhere, I am okay with Anna being the second.

It's all about the variety we will have a few weeks down the road after release where everyone is just picking the characters they enjoy playing the most. I like Ness and Marth way more than the characters I choose to play as, but they're not my style.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
If we get Anna, I expect that Chrom and Ike will be in the game too.

I don't expect Ike to go anywhere. He has absolutely no reason too. Protagonist of two games, descendant in a third, a unique playstyle...cut just to be replaced by someone with none of those traits who is a clone of him?

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
All jokes aside, I am 100% okay with Anna being a third Fire Emblem character on the roster. Heck, as long as Ike's play style shows up somewhere, I am okay with Anna being the second.

It's all about the variety we will have a few weeks down the road after release where everyone is just picking the characters they enjoy playing the most. I like Ness and Marth way more than the characters I choose to play as, but they're not my style.
So about that Ike play style showing up... ;)

I am so hype. Ike as a character is just right in Smash. People who wanted or saw him going were ****ing bananas.

Hong

The Strongest
So about that Ike play style showing up... ;)

I am so hype. Ike as a character is just right in Smash. People who wanted or saw him going were ****ing bananas.
I don't know. I felt terrible about Smash Bros after Brawl, so I just expected bad decisions going forward.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
If Ike is cut, I see her having a sizable chance, if not, there's no way. But I REALLY want her in.
Ike wasn't going anywhere and Anna still has the same chances as before. They're not out of this world favorable but she does add more to Smash & her series than Chrom would. Lucina on the other hand would be Marth clone bait.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
What is your line of reasoning for this?
Thursday Morning
Marth
Chrom
Anna

Friday Morning
Marth
Chrom Ike
Chrom
Anna

"Can't have 4 FE reps"
"Must only have lords as priority playable characters"
"That damn leak"

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Believe it or not, my estimation for Chrom dropped significantly after Ike's reveal, not that I didn't think Ike wouldn't be in anyways, I thought he'd be in.
But my estimation of Anna has, in accord, went up. Chrom just seems like a chump pick to me now.

Hong

The Strongest
Believe it or not, my estimation for Chrom dropped significantly after Ike's reveal, not that I didn't think Ike wouldn't be in anyways, I thought he'd be in.
But my estimation of Anna has, in accord, went up. Chrom just seems like a chump pick to me now.
Likewise. I think things are looking better for Anna and Robin.

shrooby

BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Yeah, Ike completely destroys Anna's chances now. ;-;
What are you trying to imply, Blue?
That Anna had a chance before?
Don't act like Ike returning is a shock. :p

But if you thought Ike would return to begin with then why would Chrom be affected in any way? Wouldn't that imply you were factoring in Ike's return from the beginning?

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
I don't see us not getting an Awakening rep. I think if anything, Ike just bumps Chrom down a bit and everyone else up. And there isn't some rule that says we can't get both an Awakening lord and Anna. Though, to be fair, that might just be wishful thinking on my part.

Anna's chances were never huge, but they certainly haven't gone down!

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
But if you thought Ike would return to begin with then why would Chrom be affected in any way? Wouldn't that imply you were factoring in Ike's return from the beginning?
You have not caught me off guard, no, for I anticipated this with my very wording!
Rather, I specifically left explanation wanting, it wasn't the most honest of me. ANYTHING TO GET MORE REPLIES FOR THIS THREAD!
My certitude of Ike's appearance was not complete, thus Chrom was raised proportionally. Another explanation is that, in my guesses beforehand, I presume that only the characters we've seen so far are in.
I'm not sure which stance I want to take yet.

Last edited:

shrooby

BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
You have not caught me off guard, no, for I anticipated this with my very wording!
Rather, I specifically left explanation wanting, it wasn't the most honest of me. ANYTHING TO GET MORE REPLIES FOR THIS THREAD!
My certitude of Ike's appearance was not complete, thus Chrom was raised proportionally. Another explanation is that, in my guesses beforehand, I presume that only the characters we've seen so far are in.
I'm not sure which stance I want to take yet.
Fair enough. It had seemed as though your thoughts were contradicting one another! :p

Bah, I curse at the "leak!" I wish I could be less pessimistic with regard to Anna, but I can't with that "leak" running around!

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I still have a feeling you guys will be having disappointment soon.
As much as I want her in, Chrom is most likely getting that last, likely 3rd FE spot.
I hope she gets in as an AT at the very least.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
As much as I want her in, Chrom is most likely getting that last, likely 3rd FE spot.
Disappointment?
Be satisfied with the bread on your tables, I say.

shrooby

BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
This ain't Brawl no more.
I mean no offense, but realize that your ongoing argument has to consist of two things:
Showing that the Gematsu "leak" is wrong, or at the very least wrong about Chrom.
Then you'd argue that Chrom wouldn't be included for such and such reasons, now that we don't think he's already in the game.
You're only doing the latter. If you're not going to do the former, then there's no use in bringing up the latter when arguing with those that hold the leak to likely be true.
But this also isn't really the right thread to be discussing the former, sooo...hmm, predicament...

"Hands of my [bread]!"

loganhogan

Smash Ace
I'll be happy to see her regardless if she's an AT or playable, or course playable is preferred but AT is also a good thing for Project Brawl :troll:.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
I'll be happy to see her regardless if she's an AT or playable, or course playable is preferred but AT is also a good thing for Project Brawl :troll:.
Honestly, I prefer the work PM over Sakurai's. If she's a AT, then I know she'll be done properly and correct rather than a possible cloning.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Disappointment?
Seriously this. No matter what we do, say or hypothesize, this stuff is already set in stone somewhere. I just enjoy talking about cool characters while thinking about how cool it'd be to be on the winning team. When the game comes out, I'll be playing everyone until I find the 2 or 3 that click best anyway, so might as well be happy with what happens.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I wonder if Anna would make use of the Acrobat skill with possibly her own unique ledge/wall options that characters don't normally get? I'm not sure what they would be exactly, but one of the unique abilities to the trickster class is functionality in literally any terrain.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
:O How do we get on the Support List in the OP? Do we specifically have to have Anna on our signature? Cuz I don't have one yet..

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I wonder if Anna would make use of the Acrobat skill with possibly her own unique ledge/wall options that characters don't normally get? I'm not sure what they would be exactly, but one of the unique abilities to the trickster class is functionality in literally any terrain.
My moveset for Anna involves a flip similar to Diddy or ZSS, but horizontally-inclined.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I was thinking possibly ways to cling or move along vertical surfaces or undersides of platforms or something. I'm not sure how it would all work to be balanced other than probably being vulnerable and unable to attack without letting go of your lifeline.

Hong

The Strongest
I was thinking possibly ways to cling or move along vertical surfaces or undersides of platforms or something. I'm not sure how it would all work to be balanced other than probably being vulnerable and unable to attack without letting go of your lifeline.
With the fact most of the vertical surfaces in Smash Bros are the sides of stages, I would say Anna is a valid candidate, but it is largely a mechanic that just results in annoyance and griefing more than anything.

That said, if she can only cling for three seconds or so, it at least helps to mixup her below-stage recovery.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I think it would cool if instead of just having a sword, Anna instead has a sword sheathed for basic attacks, then has a huge backpack full of treasures, and her moveset revolves around pulling items out of the bag (all iconic items from the Fire Emblem series).

Hong

The Strongest
While it's not in the OP, I made an Anna moveset like that. First thing that came to mind. I copy-pasted it below.
My Anna represents Fire Emblem in its entirety. She comes in her classic attire, in full HD and well detailed. Being around for just about everything, she uses everything from any Fire Emblem ever, to reflect on her several-millenia-long family business that spans the entirety of the seven realms and beyond. Anna is light, so while she has above average movement speed and jump ability, she can't take too many hits. She is another keep-away character, but compared to Link or Samus, she focuses more on trickery and doesn't have as many strong attacks.

Anna mugs the enemy upon all melee attacks, with coins flying out of them with strong blows at higher percentages. As Anna makes more and more money, the audible noise of jingling coins can be heard as she moves, with both an audible and visual cue when she is at full capacity. On contact with the blastline, all her coins spill alongside the usual colourful blast. Oh no!

Specials
B: Peshkatz (or simply "Knife")
From the land of Tellius comes this incredible throwing knife. This move has two uses: The first is simply tapping B repeatedly to heckle your enemy with knives. Alternatively B can be held and, with a shake of her wrists, Anna will add two knives to her fold, up to twice for five knives total. While holding B you still have full movement control of the character. Knives thrown while grounded go in a forward fan, while knives thrown in the air go diagonally down.

B Forward: Sonic Sword
Anna, holds the sword low to the ground before slashing upwards and across, sending a windy shock-wave across the stage. This is chargeable (like a smash attack), hits twice close up and the projectile travels both fast and far, but it doesn't have a lot of knock-back and it can only travel where there is ground, dissipating when it reaches the ledge. When used in the air, it exchanges the projectile for forward momentum on release, aiding Anna's recovery.

B Down: Coin Toss
Anna throws her collected coins horizontally at immense speed and high impact. At maximum capacity, Anna has super armour for the throw, and immense KO power near that of the fully charged Wario Waft. This is a great ranged finisher, as well as a potential counterattack.

B Up: Warp
Anna extends a staff and out comes out a player-controlled mote of light that travels about twice the speed of PK Thunder. Upon the release of B, on contact with the surface or when it has travelled its maximum distance, Anna will vanish and reappear in that location. Upon contact with a player, Anna not only moves to that location, but switches places with that character! Keep in mind it counts as a projectile, so it can be dodged.

You can cancel this with R and maintain control of your character, so you can try to fake out the enemy if things look bad.

Final Smash: Body Bag
Anna spreads open a much larger version of her usual bag and swings it. Players caught by the bag opening are trapped and Anna hops inside with them. The screen goes black and several powerful blows can be heard before a comedic "cha-ching!" sound effect (like when you buy something), and they are sent flying, most assuredly K.O.'d.

Throws
Grab Attack: Anna holds up the enemy with both hands and can shake them for coins, hurting both their body and their bank.
Forward: Steals a pouch of coin from the enemy before delivering an epic drop-kick.
Backward: Performs the greatest German Suplex in history.
Downward: Stuffs the enemy in a coin bag and jumps on it, sending them backwards on a low trajectory.
Upward: Throws the enemy upwards, and with one hand extended upwards and carrying an Arcflame tome in the other, she sends the enemy scorching with a conic blast of flame.

Aerials
Neutral: A 360 spin with the legendary axe, Armads, in hand. A move with electrifyingly superior knockback at the cost of a narrow hitbox.
Forward: Fires an arrow forward from Nidhogg, the legendary bow, with good damage and standard knockback.
Backwards: Turns and fires an arrow from Parthia, another legendary bow, with less damage but a lower knockback trajectory.
Downwards: Swings a bag full of coin straight downwards as a meteor smash.
Upwards: Twirls the Wing Spear above her head, with its great reach covering aerial assaults from a wide angle.

Smash Attacks
Forward: Swings the Hammer. This move is very effective against shields, with a guaranteed break at full charge. It can be seen as a makeshift Shield Breaker, though it cannot be charged while airborne.
Downwards: The wind tome Excalibur is held while Anna is wrapped in fierce cutting winds. More range with greater charge.
Upwards: Anna aims the Double Bow upwards and releases. The velocity of the arrow increases with charge.

Normals
Jab: For as long as A is held, Anna swings Sol Katti at blinding flast-speeds.
Forward Tilt: The legendary spear, Gungnir,is prodded outwards. It has a lot of reach, though little power and a precise hitbox.
Up Tilt: Anna holds up the torch, and ignites any enemies above.
Down Tilt: A planted spin-kick. Sort of like Sheik's, but only one rotation and faster.
Dash Attack: As she runs, Anna can be seen pulling Vague Katti from a sheathe before she vanishes, delivering a cut attack to anyone on her path.

Also to note that Anna uses the Warding staff while shielding, merely as a cosmetic choice.

As a final note Anna MUST have cheesy puns for some of her taunts and victory quotes. If possible I would like her Awakening design to be available as an alternate outfit.

Top Bottom