• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Violence is on sale today - Anna for DLC! * Waiting for new stock! Bear with us here! *

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Not only did Anna get promoted to a playable unit, but she was also featured as the Outrealm boss in Apotheosis. She has a pretty nice resume going for her.

D

Deleted member

I'd actually do it more to represents of the series (assuming an ideal world):

Lord: Marth
Mercenary: Ike
Merchant: Anna
Mage/Tactician/Avatar: Robin
Manakete/Transforming Unit: Tiki
Teh Ph143 (it IS ph143 emblem is it not?): Roy
Fixed :4pacman:

Last edited by a moderator:

Reginleif

Smash Ace
I've always felt as though the Anna, Lucina, and Robin supporters should just gang up on the Chrom supporters :smash:

I love Anna. I love Lucina. I love Robin. I...tolerate Chrom. All three of them screeeeam many more reasons why they should be included over Chrom, but Chrom just has that "DURR, LOOK AT ME SAKURAI! DURR, I'M THE CHARACTER THAT YOU HAVE TO BRING IN EVERY BATTLE, DURRR, SO I'M POPULAR CHOOSE ME, DURR, I HAVE THAT MALE, BLUE-HAIR W/ A SWORD THING GOING FOR ME TOO! DURRRRRR" thing going for him. Not exactly saying that I'll be livid if he gets included, but...with the direction that Sakurai seems to be going in with some of these character selections and their designs/movesets, Chrom should be below everyone else as far as consideration is concerned IMO (If you are a strong supporter of Chrom, I'm not trying to start a debate here...I'm an FE supporter in general, but...c'mon).

Reasons have already been stated, and I don't really have anything new to add. Anna, the redheaded traveling merchant has 100% support from me. All that's left to be said is...

HOW CAN YOU DENY THIS FACE?!

Sakurai pls.

Tbh. Lucina is my fave but I'll be happy with Anna or Robin because they're diverse and we won't have a messy Fox/Falco/Wolf situation. Why pick plain jane Chrom over more fascinating characters, let's be real. And Chrom's popularity is matched with Lucina's so his supporters need to stop thinking Chrom is the only choice, no offense.

D

Deleted member

Sorry guys, during his playthrough of Awakening, Sakurai picked female Robin and married Chrom. He's gonna be in the game.

Rouze

Smash Rookie
They really need something other than a swordsman to put in smash for the fire emblem series. A mage would be nice, or even someone like vaike with an axe.
Just something other than a swordsman. We have enough of those I'd think

Reginleif

Smash Ace
Sorry guys, during his playthrough of Awakening, Sakurai picked female Robin and married Chrom. He's gonna be in the game.
Obviously he only married Chrom so he can have a godly Lucina with the best mods and unlimited classes. :4pacman:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
being a swordman ain't a problem to me, after all, just like you can have a bazillion different ways of attacking by punching, you can do the same with swords. Thing is, Chrom pretty much fits on the same niche as Marth in many aspects, his combat style looks similar through Awakening animations, he has a similar physique build, he uses the same sword and he's even a descendant from Marth. It all just screams redundancy from the portrayal we got in the game. I'm all in for trying out different classes that use other weapons, but I don't think using a sword is a problem per say, after all, there's a lot of different type of them, a Levin or Rune sword would clearly play differently from Falchion/Ragnell/the Master Sword/etc

Reginleif

Smash Ace
being a swordman ain't a problem to me, after all, just like you can have a bazillion different ways of attacking by punching, you can do the same with swords. Thing is, Chrom pretty much fits on the same niche as Marth in many aspects, his combat style looks similar through Awakening animations, he has a similar physique build, he uses the same sword and he's even a descendant from Marth. It all just screams redundancy from the portrayal we got in the game. I'm all in for trying out different classes that use other weapons, but I don't think using a sword is a problem per say, after all, there's a lot of different type of them, a Levin or Rune sword would clearly play differently from Falchion/Ragnell/the Master Sword/etc
They can make Chrom's fighting style as unique as they want, but when it comes down to it, it's 3 blue-haired swordsmen with 2 being remotely similar in terms of build and visuals. Redundant, and I hope they never repeat Fox/Falco/Wolf ever again. :054:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
We can't forget about our favorite redheaded traveling merchant! But in the event that we do, I'll be sure to bump the thread back to the first page :awesome:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Indeed. Roy has to pay the bills, somehow.
Well can't really threaten anyone for money - those base stats and growth rate sure aren't intimidating...can't be a street performer either - too dull.

Anna > Roy for favorite redheaded traveling merchant :awesome:

sunshinesan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sunshinesan
3DS FC
2836-1118-8472
Anna's Final Smash, forcefully turn the match into a coin match. If it is already a coin match, Anna takes everyone's current coin totals.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Anna's Final Smash, forcefully turn the match into a coin match. If it is already a coin match, Anna takes everyone's current coin totals.
And with every coin she gets, it counts as 100 because of her expertise, wit and trickery. So what I'm saying is that Anna's Final Smash would be an instant game over.

#KeepSmashBallAwayFromAnna
#Anna4GodTier

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
And with every coin she gets, it counts as 100 because of her expertise, wit and trickery. So what I'm saying is that Anna's Final Smash would be an instant game over.

#KeepSmashBallAwayFromAnna
#Anna4GodTier
Seems like we will keep bumping this with at least 2 people, good!

Anna would change everyone in golden statues that can't move and get knocked out by 1 hit.

#Annachangeseverythinginsuddendeath
#Annawillcharmallthemalecharacters
#DKforgotaboutpaulinamarioforgotaboutpeach
#Lovecursenautralspecialopponentunabletomove

That sure would be Hilarious tho

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Chrom is so Zzzzz in comparison.

I think Anna does both her series and Smash Bros a great service. Super cute, gorgeous red hair, a lot of charm and wit, and so much moveset potential. :D
He really is :/ compared to everyone else really, at least I think so.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I'm not someone super creative to make a moveset (especially not with the standard attacks), but I came up with an idea for Anna's specials
Neutral B- Levin Sword: a lightning strike falls from the sky, can be charged up to increase its distance.
Sideways B- Lucky 7: think about it like Marths side B, but with a far stricter button input and a bit more freedom regarding sword strikes mid-combo, as the combo progresses, so does its damage output (example: first strike does 3%, second does 5%, third does 7%, etc). It has absolutely nothing to do with the skills use in FEA, but I thought it'd be fitting of Annas personality and a fun idea none the less (although the way I describe it makes it probably overpowered, would have to be balanced).
Up B- Warp Staff: pretty self explanatory, Anna uses a warp staff to to move herself upwards, it could also allow you to move onto any direction similar to Farore's Wind, due to the nature of the staff allowing you to move onto any direction in the games.
Down B- Merchandise Sale: Anna takes her bag of merchandise and starts to throw stuff out of it, each item could have different effects/damage outputs, similar to Peachs turnips (or Teddie's 5D in Persona 4 Arena if anyone played that), there could also be a small chance to pick up a usable item, again, in a similar manner to Peachs down B.
As for a Final Smash, I thought the idea of summoning Tiki to blast off her enemies in battlefield would be a somewhat fun nod to the support conversation between the 2. The ideas were pretty obviously taken out of her Awakening incarnation, but that's the best I could do :v

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I… Really don't know what to say. I love you all <3
My mind cannot conceive of what happens next.
I've just been waiting and watching.

Last edited:

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
Yeah. Can't wait to see Chrom in HD. :)

*Wimper*
I honestly wouldn't mind :p I support most of the FE and DK characters. Because they are under represented imo.
and you know what they say right? save the best for last.:dk:

Last edited:

Severn

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1478-4772-7152
Anna's Final Smash: She gets a critical hit with Aether by throwing 2 spears which insta-kills you and recovers all her health putting her back at 0% in the process.

I think most of you know where this came from....

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Anna's Final Smash: She gets a critical hit with Aether by throwing 2 spears which insta-kills you and recovers all her health putting her back at 0% in the process.

I think most of you know where this came from....
Ah yes, that crazy activation rate found only in Apotheosis ^__^

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
Anna is in my top ten most wanted characters in smash 4. I haven't posted here before, but I'm a huge awakening fan and Anna was definitely one of my favorite characters, and I think she would be amazing in smash. Sadly, I expect Chrom to get in over her (even though I love Chrom, there is so much diversity in fire emblem that gets ignored in smash). Oh well, we can always hope ;)

Reginleif

Smash Ace
omg yes, Anna's final smash can be that she turns into her Apotheosis form with that giant backpack and then the whole map gets a taste of that 60% Aether

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
So, any idea of how Anna could enter the battlefield? (if those are still in the new Smash). Maybe she could just emerge out of a secret shop
aka: pop out of nowhere with a member card on hand

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
So, any idea of how Anna could enter the battlefield? (if those are still in the new Smash). Maybe she could just emerge out of a secret shop
aka: pop out of nowhere with a member card on hand
Come out of the Rift Door like how you summon Anna merchants in Awakening.
Or the Outerrealm Gate.

What if her regular Grab is the Merchant Backpack similar to Villager's net?

Hong

The Strongest
I second the Rift Door idea. First thing that came to my mind.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Anna's like the Rosalina of Fire Emblem, or I guess more like the Impa, because she's an old character who's suddenly getting a lot of attention. I'd be surprised if she wasn't in Smash 5.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'll wait till the next till the next Fire Emblem to call her FE's Rosalina/Impa. If Anna continues to be playable then yes.

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I have a question.

HOW COME ALL OF YOUR AVATARS ARE SO CUTE.

I don't get this when I go to many other threads, I guess y'all just have good taste, which is why you like Anna amirite ;)

lel bump

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I have a question.

HOW COME ALL OF YOUR AVATARS ARE SO CUTE.

I don't get this when I go to many other threads, I guess y'all just have good taste, which is why you like Anna amirite ;)

lel bump
Kermit told us to

but yeah, Anna is awesome, she needs more love than she gets

Top Bottom