• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ventura County Smashers: The Revival (read first post)

zyzex

Smash Rookie
Hello! Sorry I didn't notice this thread earlier, but I just now noticed my unread PM from about a month ago since I don't check this board all that often. REGARDLESS! Including myself, I only have 2 other friends that play, and they aren't very competitive, but still can put up an okay fight.

My AIM is Zyzex Remix. Feel free to speak to me at anytime. If you get my away message I'm probably busy, but I'll try to get in contact with you later.

As for hosting, I don't think I could do that at my home. :( Though I'm up for meeting other smashers in the area and playing at other households!

I'll try to be more active around here, promise ;)

Ultra Luigi

Smash Ace
You can add Ryuujin to Oxnard and Core Unit and Cirno to Camarillo. I’m pretty sure they’re going to get more involved competitively in this game than in Melee.

Zfly

Smash Cadet
oho an Oxnard smasher? Myself plan 9 and ultra luigi all live in oxnard. So you have some fellow smashers nearby. But tourneys never happen here, its too far away from all the big names. EVERYONE has to drive far to get to oxnard. and no one is willing to. even though we do it all the time lol.
hey man
i have fam in oxnard that i visit like every 2 weeks
ill hit u up when i go up there next time :D

mikalaranda

Smash Cadet
so tournament this saturday at camarillo? sounds cool...is there gonna be a cash prize or anything?

JugaBro

Smash Cadet
I didn't hear about the tourney at Camarillo this Saturday, but I'll check it out, should be good.

Also, I'll be seeing whoever is going to FFA today, so I hope lots of you are coming :laugh:

Tagxy

Smash Lord
So yeah, southern 805 fell apart. Or at least the Brawl part did. Melee sounds like its doing fine. And it sounds like there might be a rising 64 community. So lets see if I can do a few things to try and revive stuff.

Post in here if you even play smash anymore or know people who do, and also whether you play 64, melee, brawl, all, or two of them. Say if you could hold some type of smashfest/tourney and for how many people and which games, even if its just for a couple ppl thats fine. And also your aim screenname or sumtin. Maybe we can at least get some regular smashfests going.

Edit: The old post that was here is a few posts down. So if all your info is pretty much the same then just say that and add whether you play melee brawl or both.

festizzio

Smash Champion
i play melee still

so does embracethe12 and lovage and plan 9 and the great leon

we meet up at embrace's house a lot

Lovage

Smash Hero
So yeah, southern 805 fell apart. Or at least the Brawl part did. Melee sounds like its doing fine. And it sounds like there might be a rising 64 community. So lets see if I can do a few things to try and revive stuff.

Post in here if you even play smash anymore or know people who do, and also whether you play 64, melee, brawl, all, or two of them. Say if you could hold some type of smashfest/tourney and for how many people and which games, even if its just for a couple ppl thats fine. And also your aim screenname or sumtin. Maybe we can at least get some regular smashfests going.

Edit: The old post that was here is a few posts down. So if all your info is pretty much the same then just say that and add whether you play melee brawl or both.
yes i havnt really heard of the 805 brawl community in a while, except SB/SLO who are active and trying to get better/going to tournies (props to them)

805 plays a lot of melee and have smashfests a lot during the week

if you want to play 64 the main people would be me and ross. ross goes to Cal Poly SLO but lives in ventura and comes down on some weekends
i live in thousand oaks and if anyone wants to come to my house to play 64 or melee text me (805) 208-0814

Tagxy

Smash Lord
We should turn 805 into the 64 hub. I suck at 64 too but wouldnt mind learnin again.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Im down for 64 whenever. Are you going to be around monday?

sup tag
you came to my house once lol
brawl is pretty much dead here, at least on smashboards
Yeah I remember O____O! lol Im afraid of being arrested if I step foot near your house again. That whole ordeal was incredibly sketchy of me, ha.

Nasanieru

Smash Journeyman
I still play Melee competitively, Brawl/64 I only play for fun.

I usually just play with friends (about 5 people, all play Melee). We have small smashfests sometimes but most of the time can't have a large group over.

dudemofo

Smash Rookie
So does anybody still play smash? If so, anybody down to play smash 4?

Last edited:
Top Bottom