• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ventura County Smashers: The Revival (read first post)

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Haha, sorry I fixed it a little bit ago but didnt post that I had.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Cool, so it looks like were pretty set for 6:00 today. I'm gonna be busy until then, if you get a chance let as many other VC smashers know (in this thread or friends you have) about it!

Nasanieru

Smash Journeyman
It seems that all of the people that I thought would be interested already had other plans for today. . .It looks like I'll be the sole rep from my smash crew haha.

Another thing, I was wondering how we would identify each other when we got there, because I don't know what anyone else looks like :dizzy:, ideas?

Nasanieru

Smash Journeyman
Nice to meet you all at Toppers!

Heres my Brawl ID: 4167 4365 2321

I hope to meet up again sometime :)

JugaBro

Smash Cadet
Yeah, it was fun. It was funny... when I first entered and saw you guys I almost nodded and I think you guys nodded back, but I wasn't sure if it was actually the guys from this board. So I walk around with my friend a minute checking every table a split second until I actually ask whether you guys are from SWF. xD

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
nice meeting you
in case you couldnt write it down
AIM: srsuied
FC: 0130-1515-1316
I'm hosting small brawlfests at my house. the next ones sunday at 12:00 till whenever P.M. me for directions. I'll be putting on weeklies, and if nasa can host we'll have biweeklies up

replicate

Smash Lord
sorry I couldn't make it to the topper's get-together, I was at the rancho biweekly. Anyways, I think that this upcoming EPIC tournament in Agoura is going to be the first get-together for a lot of VC smashers. . . .
See you there!

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
for all of those who showed up to the sunday smash you already know this, but me and nasanieru are going to host weeklies (maybe biweeklies) we're thinking saturdays and sundays, but if that isnt good for you we'll try to work out another date

JugaBro

Smash Cadet
for all of those who showed up to the sunday smash you already know this, but me and nasanieru are going to host weeklies (maybe biweeklies) we're thinking saturdays and sundays, but if that isnt good for you we'll try to work out another date
Saturdays usualy work, Sundays usualy wont. Hey, it's all good. And replicate, I still wont be able to meet you because my schools band has a spring trip this upcoming weekend :laugh:

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Sorry I havent been on for awhile. I'll announce the biweeklies via PM's and editing the front page when you have a firm date/time. I also prefer Saturdays.

Are you still hosting something today? I remember you briefly mentioned it and I am able to go.
mastrali said:
any smashers from ventura or glendale (just curious)?
Check the first page/read the first post.

mio

Smash Ace
What's up Ventura County guys, my name's Mio and I' m from Ventura. I've been smashing pretty much since Melee came out but I've never really played outside of my group of like 6 or 7 friends. I'm looking to get into the scene and hang out with some fellow competitive smashers. I might go to the Agoura Hills tournament so maybe I'll see you guys there. My AIM=Noopytisk

Blu_Jay

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, its me again, Im hoping I will see you all at my tournament I am hosting!

But we are short one TV, can anyone on here bring one?

also maybe some of you could bring contolers and games with cards aswell.........it would go waaay smoother, and Im not sure if we have 6 game cubes or games ect..... it would make this tournament alot less stressfull.

JugaBro

Smash Cadet
Well, assuming I'm going, I could bring a TV and a gamecube with smash bros melee, assuming that the tourney at Agoura is Melee also. The only way I think I could manage to go is getting a ride from Tagxy. Think you could pick me up? I can pay for a piece of the gas price, and I'm pretty sure Simi isn't far out of the way.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
ok, for everyone whoe wasn't at the tourney, and to everyone who I met there, I am now announcing the Sunday Smashoffs (still working on a name). every sunday I can have up to 16 people over at my house for some smash bros, and if we can get enough over, we'll probably make it a weekly tournament, PM if you want in, i'll give you my address

EDIT: sunday seems to be bad for a lot of people, so we'll see how this sunday goes and do all the others on saturdays

EDIT again: yeah sundays are bad for everyone, saturdays it is

TipZ

Smash Apprentice
Embracethe12 and I are thinking about getting a tourney together soon in Moorpark. Hopefully It'll be melee only but I dunno. Brawl might be good to bring in more people .

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
tipz, I'm doing a brawl tourney this saturday, we aren't planning to do melee, but if we got time and the discs we can throw it in at the end.

and if you don't like brawl, come anyway, I wanna see how my dk matches up against your lucario

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
meh, dk got buffed in brawl, so I'm happy with it, and who knows, with the lack of a competitive side brawl may not keep up sales as much as melee did, so nintendo might actually make another and might actually listen to the community and put L cancelling and hit stun back (wavedashing is a long shot, because they see it as an exploit, and the new multiple air dodge system would be great if your hits actually stunned people).

Nasanieru

Smash Journeyman
Wow looks like this thread got a whole bunch of new people since the tourney last Saturday.

I'll be going to the tourney this Saturday if nothing comes up.
Good to see VC smashers rising up, things are looking pretty good.
Lol. Too bad it's the Brawl smash world. =\
I think we should throw in some Melee too, I still love that game.

Tipz, you should host a tourney too, playing against you all was fun stuff last Saturday.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Alright, so I stopped being lazy and updated the first post, haha. New people added and new tournament this weekend.

Also tipz, are you and 12 part of replicates group of 3 friends that smash together? Just wondering so I have the first post right.

BTW including everyone on the list there are 23 people in Ventura County (meaning they directly posted in here or in some way made it be known they were Ventura County) adding friends they smash with but havent posted yet or don't have an account, we have 47-50 smashers recorded in Ventura County(not including the sketchy 40 year old festizzio mentioned, haha), and if you include those in the areas just outside VC there are 59-62

TipZ

Smash Apprentice
Alright, so I stopped being lazy and updated the first post, haha. New people added and new tournament this weekend.

Also tipz, are you and 12 part of replicates group of 3 friends that smash together? Just wondering so I have the first post right.

BTW including everyone on the list there are 23 people in Ventura County (meaning they directly posted in here or in some way made it be known they were Ventura County) adding friends they smash with but havent posted yet or don't have an account, we have 47-50 smashers recorded in Ventura County(not including the sketchy 40 year old festizzio mentioned, haha), and if you include those in the areas just outside VC there are 59-62
Yes, Replicate friends = Embrace the 12, Tipz, and thedtiltriptide.
I think we are headed to Pomona melee Saturday so we probably won't make it to the Moorpark/TO/Camarillo tourney. I don't know if I can go to either but I know ****(replicate) and embracethe12 can.

Top Bottom