• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ventura County Smashers: The Revival (read first post)

Tagxy

Smash Lord
So yeah, southern 805 fell apart. Or at least the Brawl part did. Melee sounds like its doing fine. And it sounds like there might be a rising 64 community. So lets see if I can do a few things to try and revive stuff for brawl and maybe even bring some smash 64 smashfests into the fold.

Post in here if you even play smash anymore or know people who do, and also whether you play 64, melee, brawl, all, or two of them. Say if you could hold some type of smashfest/tourney and for how many people and which games, even if its just for a couple ppl thats fine. And also your aim screenname or sumtin. Maybe we can at least get some regular smashfests going.

Edit: The old post that was here is a few posts down. So if all your info is pretty much the same then just say that and add whether you play melee brawl 64 or what.

mikalaranda

Smash Cadet
I live in Thousand Oaks, so far the only competitive players I've met are 2 or 3 people from my school (Westlake High School), and as far as a good date for a smash fest, if that were to ever happen, I'm fine with anything i guess. I hope more people respond to this...I've been looking for smashers around here too haha

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
if you're looking for somebody good near by, there's Ultra Luigi from Oxnard.

But if you're willing to drive, i'm in Burbank, near by me in North Hollywood are players such as Nes, Inks, and Tofu, and HugS is also relatively near by.

We should make our first match a money match bro ^_^

Maverick69

Smash Ace
oho an Oxnard smasher? Myself plan 9 and ultra luigi all live in oxnard. So you have some fellow smashers nearby. But tourneys never happen here, its too far away from all the big names. EVERYONE has to drive far to get to oxnard. and no one is willing to. even though we do it all the time lol.

Aberu

Smash Cadet
Late post. Hi I live in Camarillo, and would have 3 or 4 other friends to be able to join us in fun times.

Met ultraluigi at the Gamestop midnight release tournament. Was an honor to be beat by him lol.

festizzio

Smash Champion
I'm in Simi Valley, I go to moorpark occasionally and smash with some guys there, but mostly it's just when I go to tournaments and online. :) I'd be down to drive to moorpark or an equivalent distance.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Woah, my threads still alive! Well the biggest problem is actually location, because I don't have one -_- . Anyone up for smashing on friday? Anyone have a place we can do it? I'm willing to drive on either side of the grade, though the cam-oxnard-ventura area would be preferable. Maybe we can have one for each area?

P.S. I can bring mah wii or whatever other materials if necessary.

extragrandeben

Smash Journeyman
I live in Pasadena and I could hold a smashfest like this Friday. My place isn't too big but I don't mind the extra people but I don't know if you would mind. I'm close to Burbank and Northridge; just ask Mike, or maybe I could hold it at Futile's place if he's up for it.

If anyone's up for it, it'll be cool. IM me: extragrandeben; same as my user name. Brawl or melee; both are cool. So yea, hit me up.

If I don't respond, don't take it personally. Just leave your information and I'll get back to you. Most of the time I'm not on my comp but I get my messages, so yea.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Old post:

Ventura County Smashers:

Name (smashers close by) - City - AIM ; host capability

Tagxy - Oxnard - AIM : MrAndersOnTheWeb ; host - small gathering
Dantedemonslayr (+2/3 friends) - Oxnard
Plan 9 - Oxnard
Ultra Luigi - Oxnard
Ryuujin - Oxnard
Lovage 805 - Oxnard/T.O. - AIM: LingBling6
Jango - Ventura
mio (+6/7 friends) - Ventura - AIM: Noopytisk
The Great Leon - Somis & Northridge ; host - smashfests/tourneys?
Matriak - Camarillo - AIM: zerok55
Core Unit - Camarillo
Cirno - Camarillo
Nasanieru (+ 4 friends)- Camarillo ; host - small gatherings (biweekly)/ small tourneys
Zaren - Camarillo
Aberu (+3/4 friends)- Camarillo
itsthebigfoot - camarillo/moorpark ; host - smashfests/tourney's (8-16 people)
JugaBro - Simi Valley - AIM: Masked Gaara ; host - no hosting
festizzio - Simi Valley
ReNiC - Simi valley
zyzex - Simi valley
T-Bone (+3 friends) - Moorpark
replicate - Moorpark; host - small gatherings (7 or 8 persons)
TipZ - Moorpark; host - tourney
Embracethe12 - Moorpark; host - tourney
thedtiltriptide - Moorpark
LingBling6 (+3 friends) - Thousand Oaks
mikalaranda - Thousand Oaks

Affiliates:
Blu_Jay - Agoura Hills; host - Tournaments
Fuego (+5 friends) - Santa Barbara ; host - smashfest
mikeHAZE - Burbank
weridguy - Encino
extragrandeben - Pasadena - AIM: extragrandeben ; host - Smashfest
mickeyk90 - Burbank/Glendale - AIM: crazykrazyboi03
mastrali - Glendale?

Alright, I actually didnt realize there were many out there until I read this thread:
Moorpark Tourney
but it looks like there's actually a good number of people from Ventura County that smash.

I know I'm new and don't really post much here, but I thought it would be cool to have some sort of regular smash fests now that I know you're out there.

I'm thinking something either once a week or every other week, not quite sure what's feasible. And it looks like there's an even number of people split between east and west county, so maybe the best thing is to alternate.

First things first though, if you're from Ventura County or close enough to come by, post in here and say 1) what city you're from, 2)how many people you smash with in your vicinity (assuming they dont post here), 3) what days are good for you in terms of a smash gathering, keeping in mind a gathering might be on the other side of the county, and 4) if you're capable of hosting a small gathering/smashfest/tournament (most important since it seem like we're lacking in this area). Also any contact info like AIM SN if you'd like. Hopefully we can pull something together.

As for me, I live in Oxnard. On occasion I'll smash with 3-4 other people in Moorpark (closest I could find anyone up till now). And most days from Thursdays-Sundays are good for me to smash, though especially Saturdays.

Fuego

Smash Cadet
Well, I live in Santa Barbara, along with about five other competitive smashers I know of, and I would certainly be down to either hold some sort of smashfest up here at my place, or elsewhere, just let me know when. I'm down in LA about once every two months as well, and Ventura/Oxnard isn't a bad drive, so...yeah, name it and I'm down.

Ultra Luigi

Smash Ace
I'm down to play anyone around the Ventura County area. Just hit me up by pm or aim (although I rarely log on).

Wifi is possible but I have a lot of button lag against anyone. Even with Plan 9 and Lovage who live in the same city. It's a ****ing drag that I have to deal with that crap.

I'm glad to see a VC thread up. It's about time.

I forgot to mention that Nasanieru is also from Camarillo and he has a bunch of friends to he plays with just to let you all know.

As far as having tournaments at my house, no can do. You’ll all probably be too scared to come over anyways just like Plan 9 was the first time he came over. It’s not ghetto or anything; it’s just a scary place to be at during the night due to no street lights. Plan 9 is a wuss.

Jango

Smash Rookie
I usually hangout at oxnard, ventura, and SB! so im up for anything

ReNiC

Smash Rookie
im from simi. im down for brawl. aim name R3NiC. btw im not good at all. lol. but i really want to practice and get better. ill drive to where ever, lets just play.

replicate

Smash Lord
I'm in Moorpark, and hell yeah I want VC smashfests.
I play with 3 other friends regularly, and basically any day of the week is good unless I have other plans.

PM me or AIM @ POOPxCHUTE (or I'll just look at this thread).

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Ok, Im going to update the first post with all the persons who live in Ventura County. If you posted a screen name and where you're from or something, Ill put that too.

Please post if you're capable of hosting stuff. Whether it's a small gathering, a smashfest, or tournament, let me know so I can add it to the front page. Right now it seems like the biggest issue getting smashers in VC together.

Alright, I edited the original post to add names. So yeah, it looks like the biggest problem right now is finding someone who can host a smashfest in ventura county somewhere. Is anyone able to?

As far as having tournaments at my house, no can do. You’ll all probably be too scared to come over anyways just like Plan 9 was the first time he came over. It’s not ghetto or anything; it’s just a scary place to be at during the night due to no street lights. Plan 9 is a wuss.
:laugh: I live in El Rio, probably the one place more frightening then Oxnard.

PaTT

Smash Rookie
I live in Thousand Oaks and I've been looking for a smash scene around here for a while.
I smash with about 3 other people and I'd say we're pretty good so if you're holding a tourney around Moorpark, Simi or T.O. or something then let me know!

Aim = Fedskater

I'll also probably be checking this thread once a week to see if any tourneys are gonna be planned or somethin. ^_^

festizzio

Smash Champion
Hey you might wanna take that zyzex guy off, just so you know he's 30 something years old and he kept trying to get me to pay him $100 to play Brawl before it came out, over AIM. Really creepy dude.

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
ANYWAY
anyone willing to hold some little smashfests in this area? looking at this list, there's like 20 people who live +/- 30 mins from my house we should get together!
(no i cant hold it at my house :( )

edit: my aim is LingBling6

JugaBro

Smash Cadet
Hey, well, I live in Simi Valley, but dont have many people to smash with in my area (not any Smash Bros fans realy around here). I can't host any Smash games at my house, doubt my parents would ever let strangers come in. Anyway, I might be able to come to one, possibly.
Oh yeah, my AIM is Masked Gaara. Please talk to me there.

Matriak

Smash Rookie
So this is pretty useless but I just wanted to say that I live in Camarillo. AIM: zerok55

mickeyk90

Smash Apprentice
I hang around burbank and glendale all the time
AIM: crazykrazyboi03 im not online all the time PM me otherwise ill get your message faster

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Ok, so basically we're in pretty big need of anyone who can actually hold smashfests/tournaments in Ventura County still. On the upside, it looks like the list of Ventura County smasher's is getting longer.

Secondly, it looks like there's a tourney close by! April 5th.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=153585
Basically on the Ventura County/LA border, I know it's about 30 minutes from Oxnard. Maybe we can work on carpools? Anyways, this might be a good place for VC smashers to finally get together.

And now Ill edit all the new persons/replies into the original post.

Hey you might wanna take that zyzex guy off, just so you know he's 30 something years old and he kept trying to get me to pay him $100 to play Brawl before it came out, over AIM. Really creepy dude.
:p Good to know. Off he goes.

Blu_Jay

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, I didnt know there was so many smashers in the ventura area!

But Im from Agoura, (probly the only smasher from agoura) and I host a smash melee/brawl tourney every mounth (mounth and a couple of weeks most likely.) the next tourney we are accully having is on the 5th of april, check out this thread.http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=153585

Nasanieru

Smash Journeyman
Geez and I thought that there were so few of us!
I live in Camarillo, I'm down for a game, I've been looking for a challenge in both Melee and Brawl for quite some time now.
I have some friends that play too, drop me a PM if you're going to organize something. (OR if you want my Brawl ID, would rather play on site though because of the laggage XD)
I look forward to playing you all soon!

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
Hey. I live in ****in Somis, which is basically Camarillo, and I go to Cal State Northridge pretty much every day. I still live at home though, but I'll talk to the rents and see if I can host some stuff some time. Mayyyyybe this weekend after Easter, or maybe 2 weeks after that.

Zeren

Smash Rookie
I'm from Camarillo as well. I'd be glad to go to some Smash Fests as long as I would be able to get a ride. Roughly 5?? of my friends *CoughNasanierucough* would certainly go as well.

replicate

Smash Lord
Wow, this is shaping up pretty nice. I could *POSSIBLY* hold a small smashfest with like <7 or 8 people, but my parents are wary, so you'd have to be extra-nice and not look too old. XD

In all honesty though, it looks great so far; we need to have like a VC tea-party to introduce each other and ****.

T-BONE

Smash Rookie
1) Moorpark
2) smash w/ 3 others that dont post
3) any days are good. would like to smash at least once every two weeks and willing to drive out of town every other time for a meetup.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Alright, I edited the first post with the new people and a little bit more information.

For all the new people, there's a tournament in Agoura Hills on April 5th. Also, we're in big need of people/places to hold smashfests or tourneys, so if you can or know of any place we can hold one at, be sure to post it.

Great Leon, is it possible to have a smashfest/tourney at Northridge? I remember hearing about them over there before, and it's not too far a drive. If not I guess if you hear of any smashfests/tourneys in the area, let us know.

Nasanieru

Smash Journeyman
Seems like I forgot to read the OP's post > >;;, heres a rundown of the points.

1. I live in Camarillo
2. I smash with 5+ people, some are casual players . . .
3. Good days for me are typically Fridays and the weekend.
4. I hold small gatherings every 2 weeks usually, a tournament once, but it was really small scale :ohwell:

We usually just smash at my house but it can be crowded sometimes. I would really like to play more people from the area, PM me if you'd be interested in smashing over the break. I'll see if I can set up a smash gathering sometime.
If you want my email PM me (I don't use AIM) and I'll get back to you.

JugaBro

Smash Cadet
Hey, me and Matriak were talking on AIM and thinking about the fact that some of us are highschoolers, and we can't just go to a random persons house for a smashfest, or let random people come into our house, because many of us realy only know eachother online.
Thats why Matriak thought of an idea of hosting an event at some public place, such as having a pizza party or such somewhere. It's much more friendly to parents, and just doing it once so we can know eachother might let parents loosen up to let us go somewhere. Just an idea, take it into consideration.

Top Bottom