• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
Definitely both.

Nintendo is pretty smart though, and super concerned about their image. They aren't gonna invite melee players who went around calling brawl the worst game ever and obviously have no interest in smash 4. Look at the list on the front page of smashboards they put together. Take out mango cause he will probably have only negative things to say and I'd say it looks ok.
But But.... Sakurai mains ganondorf in brawl

Edit: My proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hayhkV1zGVA
I'm sure Nintendo and Sakurai don't care about their image as long as they get the moolah haha

Last edited:

Remioli

Smash Journeyman
But But.... Sakurai mains ganondorf in brawl

Edit: My proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hayhkV1zGVA
I'm sure Nintendo and Sakurai don't care about their image as long as they get the moolah haha
Image is super important to getting the moolah long term. There should be four N64 players, four melee players, four Brawl players, Iwata, Reggie, Sakurai, and Barack Obama. Bam.

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
Isn't that a list of people that the article author said he would like to be invited not the actual people who are invited?

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Unfortunately cats and I aren't the best of friends. Actually just depends. Either way though, my mom hates cats, so no go either way. Could you maybe post a picture and I'll see if anybody on my Facebook is willing?

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
just fyi, i cancelled the reservation at the flac since not many people can come. we'll probably just meet at tuesday's house or something and play.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
i won't give her up to somebody i don't know. i don't want to give her up at all but my parent's cat hates her and they are talking like they don't want her to be coming home with me T_T

Last edited:

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Can understand that man. If you feel the need to though, let me know, since I won't let animals go to just anyone :)

MassProducedWaffles

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, I've been playing melee seriously for about 2 or 3 months. I got some buds who I play with weekly. Ive went to one tourney(Smashers tale) a while ago and Im planning on going to the one this saturday. I go to the U of U and am done for this semester wednesday(yay!).For the summer I want to improve a lot. I want to get more matches in against different people, and was wondering if I could get details to play some friendly with people around the Slc - Sandy area. Thanks

Tuesday

Smash Ace
Watch Nintendo invite Mega64, Dunkey, and PewDiePie. You know, only the most famous gamers.

Praying they remember at least Cosmo.

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
I wouldn't mind seeing PewDiePIe or a couple other personalities as long as the others are actual competitive players.

Last edited:

Roguay

Smash Journeyman
Watch Nintendo invite Mega64, Dunkey, and PewDiePie. You know, only the most famous gamers.

Praying they remember at least Cosmo.
lmao the thought of Nintendo inviting Cosmo

real talk, inb4 they actually invite PC Chris because of his MLG win and he ****ing goes

Remioli

Smash Journeyman
lmao the thought of Nintendo inviting Cosmo

real talk, inb4 they actually invite PC Chris because of his MLG win and he ****ing goes
"Hey Cosmo, thanks for breaking the **** out of all of my games." -Iwata

I feel like everyone is expecting this to be some event like MLG and there's a good chance it'll just be 16 testers.

aRes_fuRy

Smash Cadet
so guys i want to see if i can gather a community down here in southern utah and organize some summer tournaments, get them involved in this thread, etc.

@ Superw0rri0 Superw0rri0 and @ Support. Support. , roughly how much is the opportunity cost to throw a tournament for like 30 peeps? i would feel like that would be a success as a first time T/O if it runs smoothly
Well I have started a small scene in cedar for melee, about 2 other players besides me that are any decent (better than nothing I suppose), tons of casual players here. I know there is a small scene for PM in st george, we are trying to make a scene so I would gladly help out. And hello utah thread, I haven't been on here since february lol

Edit: @Xsyven you still down here in Southern UT? If so you need to hop on this bandwagon xD

Last edited:

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
Man you need to get that head checked if you srs about wanting to see PewDiePie.
Lol.... I actually used to watch a lot of pewdiepie a couple years back and tbh I like what he's doing. i have a weird stupid sense of humor and I think he's funny... and yes I do need to get my head checked :p

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
Lol.... I actually used to watch a lot of pewdiepie a couple years back and tbh I like what he's doing. i have a weird stupid sense of humor and I think he's funny... and yes I do need to get my head checked :p
I feel like I should link the Retsupurae "Adults React" video but I don't want to be a ****, so to each his own haha. I am curious if popular Youtubers will get invites since they could be quite powerful marketing/hype tools.

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
Nintendo said invites would go to 16 of the top Smash players. I have no idea where you guys are coming up with all this...

BigK_201

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BigK_201
3DS FC
2406-5184-1090
Possibly some more info for you guys wondering about how the Best Buy "Smash-Fest" may work -

Last year they held a similar event, where you could try 4 games before they came out (Mario 3D World, Zelda WW HD, Mario Kart 8, and DK Tropical Freeze). There was only one Best Buy set up, and only one unit (the stores display unit) set up for these demos. The reason for this is because these will be run by the local Nintendo reps across the country (these are the guys who go around to all the retail stores and fix the demo kiosks and put up the promo signs and stuff). We only have one in all of Utah. I know him, and he's a cool guy.

So expect it to be similar this year. One location (last year it was at 35 E 11400 S, Sandy, UT 84070), one Wii U set up, and a ton of people showing up to play. They'll want these to go fast so my guess is it will be 2 minute timed, 4 player free for all matches. Maybe they will let you play doubles or adjust the rules slightly, but we'll see. They also had this on two different days last year, so if you can't make it one day, then go the next day. Also, go early. There was a sign up sheet for people to get their name on and Brad would call out people on the list in the order he took names. Don't come on time, because you'll be at the bottom of the list, and don't come late, because you probably won't get to play.

I like what some of you said - At least it is something. We could just have to wait until "Winter" but they are giving us something which is great. Let me know if you have any questions about how it was handled last year.

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
Do you think you can give us more info as we get closer to this best buy event... like which best buy, what day, and what time?

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
Well I have started a small scene in cedar for melee, about 2 other players besides me that are any decent (better than nothing I suppose), tons of casual players here. I know there is a small scene for PM in st george, we are trying to make a scene so I would gladly help out. And hello utah thread, I haven't been on here since february lol

Edit: @Xsyven you still down here in Southern UT? If so you need to hop on this bandwagon xD
whoa dude who are you and where have you been and let's smash sometime soon

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
Urrbody in da club get ova hurr

EDIT: not until I get home from work at 4.

Last edited:
Top Bottom