• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
The U of U just sprung a $5500 tuition bill on me due to my federal loan retracting my funds due to various reasons, and I'm still going to Salt Fest...
All I know is that I'm going to Salt Fest and I had $0.07 in my account for a week because of it.... anyway i'm not Zaku so I wouldn't know

Zaku

Smash Cadet
Eeeeeh, I'd love to go to Salt Fest, but right now $30 plus whatever tourney fee there may or may not be will put me back in a financial situation I don't want to be in again. I will get paid again between now and then, but I gotta save up for Mario Kart 8, and some other things.

These Smash Jams are cheap tourneys hosted in the building I live at though, so they are doable.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Eeeeeh, I'd love to go to Salt Fest, but right now $30 plus whatever tourney fee there may or may not be will put me back in a financial situation I don't want to be in again. I will get paid again between now and then, but I gotta save up for Mario Kart 8, and some other things.

These Smash Jams are cheap tourneys hosted in the building I live at though, so they are doable.
One tournament entry is 100x more valuable than Mario Kart.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
One tournament entry is 100x more valuable than Mario Kart.
*** u (lol at *** being censored now)

Im hyped as hell for MK8, cannot wait for the release night, Im getting dat entire Wii U bundle and **** (cuz up until now Ive had no reason to even get a WiiU). Also hyped about the free game, still cant decide between Windwaker HD or Pikmin 3, the hype is insanely real.

If there ends up being any type of tournament/event May 31st, consider me as not going since imma be spamming MK8 for sure.

Metal Peach for Top Tier: http://mariopartylegacy.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/mk8artdirect2.jpg

PGP OP

Last edited by a moderator:

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
why do they advertise tampons on this website? im sure not a single girl has ever visited.
Advertisements are usually based on what type of items you have been looking at previously on the web.

... Need to tell us something net1234?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I used to have Premium, but after seeing what it offers and using it myself, I dont find it worth my $4-$12 or whatever it is. Maybe some other time when they have more perks/I have more incentive to actually go there.

$4 to have a Ribbon I dont care about, namechanges I'll never use, and access to more nonessential threads im not interested in to waste my time lurking/replying in? OH JOY

Last edited:

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
Would drive
Advertisements are usually based on what type of items you have been looking at previously on the web.

... Need to tell us something net1234?
Inb4 "I was letting my sister use my computer" or "Shut up I'm in the army and tampons are actually really useful in a field medicine kit".

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
*** u (lol at *** being censored now)

Im hyped as hell for MK8, cannot wait for the release night, Im getting dat entire Wii U bundle and **** (cuz up until now Ive had no reason to even get a WiiU). Also hyped about the free game, still cant decide between Windwaker HD or Pikmin 3, the hype is insanely real.

If there ends up being any type of tournament/event May 31st, consider me as not going since imma be spamming MK8 for sure.

Metal Peach for Top Tier: http://mariopartylegacy.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/mk8artdirect2.jpg

PGP OP
You're allowed to like MK8. I simply maintain that smash tournament entry is 100x more valuable. 1/100 the value of tournament entry is still pretty good! Just think of it as 1/100 the value of a billion dollars.

I used to have Premium, but after seeing what it offers and using it myself, I dont find it worth my $4-$12 or whatever it is. Maybe some other time when they have more perks/I have more incentive to actually go there.

$4 to have a Ribbon I dont care about, namechanges I'll never use, and access to more nonessential threads im not interested in to waste my time lurking/replying in? OH JOY
We do it because we lurve Smashboards.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
See, without access to the Disco Room, you fail to get the story of Aerodrome's Pokemon and me being a Magikarp. Such loss, much sad.

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448

I bought premium immediately after signing up so I wouldn't get banned for ****posting

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Why does it matter? You can't even beat Devon...after being 2 stocks up on FD... :p
The pot was in the $300-something range, with standard split. We'll probably get a good amount more entries this year, though, with how much the community here has grown since.

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
Do you guys think this is proof for why Nintendo should support the competitive community?
Screen Shot 2014-05-01 at 5.12.52 PM.png

Last edited:

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
It's more proof of Smash Bro's success. If i were a game developer like Nintendo I would look at that and say... "wow this is our most succesful series... we should make more of this" and not "Wow... look at all of these sale... we should back the competitive community"

Also... These have been sitting my Steam Inventory for quite some time now... anyone want them?

Last edited:

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
It's more proof of Smash Bro's success. If i were a game developer like Nintendo I would look at that and say... "wow this is our most succesful series... we should make more of this" and not "Wow... look at all of these sale... we should back the competitive community"
Despite the fact that Melee is over 10 years old? I think that since it's such an old game and the smash community had such power at EVO, Nintendo should ****ing figure it out already and pander to the competitive community at least a little bit.

Last edited:

net1234

Smash Ace
Despite the fact that Melee is over 10 years old? I think that since it's such an old game and the smash community had such power at EVO, Nintendo should ****ing figure it out already and pander to the competitive community at least a little bit.
for glory brah.

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
I don't understand how Nintendo has been given a competitive and they haven't decided to embrace it. They have been showing signs lately but it's not like they've come out and said they support the competitive scene. We're literally handing it to them on a silver platter... i mean... come on.

Last edited:

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Competitive community probably accounts for less than 5% of sales. Plus the fact that Melee is so old it came out before YouTube even existed Nintendo hasn't made any money from Melee in a long time

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Pretty much. If the statistics could be broken down to show what type of people bought the game, then perhaps, but the sales come far more from the general audience. And furthermore people say they want innovative gaming, but that doesn't actually account for sales. Game Theory did a video on that, I believe. A good view. I'll have to link later though

Top Bottom