• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
no there will not be
we are on limited time schedule this time, and around half a dozen setups
no other tourneys beside the ones stated

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
So everyone is aware, May 7th at 6:00 PM there will be a singles Brawl tournament down in Spanish Fork by Gameland World. He's working on the event page thing, just posting as a heads up at the moment if you need to adjust plans.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Lol Spanish Fork, what a random area. I can probably make it though, since for once this is during a weekday, and those are the days I can generally do things.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Pretty easy to get to. Included their website in the first post, which links to their Facebook page. Again though, Spanish Fork, not the Payson one.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I was more saying Spanish Fork is like in the middle of nowhere, not that I dont know where it is (my grandparents live there ;p). But I mean, Ill probably still go, even if it means an hour and 30 mins round trip pretty much lol.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Well, was referring more to the exact place being pretty easy to get to XD Spanish Fork itself isn't that hard.

Tuesday

Smash Ace
I'm going to a small local today in Houston, and Hax$ and Mang0 are gonna be there. #swag

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
Salt Fest is gonna be interesting with Jekyll, Tomacawk, and Tuesday all leaving. A good opportunity for newer players to rise up.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Winning because all the good players left would make me sad. XD

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
@ T Tane : Pretty much what Apex would be, just lenient in a way? We talked a bit about it, and I've forwarded him what Apex rules are. Not sure as to what the best ofs will be though. It starts at 6pm, so some time constraints

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Yo in Melee if you shield a Marth smash you need to wave dash OoS to punish it correct?

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Yo! We still got good players! :)
Who . ?

Yo in Melee if you shield a Marth smash you need to wave dash OoS to punish it correct?
If it is a tippered f smash I think you have a very tiny window to wd punish. Usually you're better off not trying to punish a tippered fsmash on shield.

If it isn't tippered then you go ham on their ass

Last edited:

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I totally read that as "wave dash out of state to punish it". I was gonna be all like "yes, you have to wave dash to punish it in California".

Tomacawk

Smash Master
if it isn't a tipper you can wd oos grab with most 7 frame grab characters (sheik is one of them)
you can also jump oos and fast fall forward air, but this can be cc'd and / or tech'd which can lead to a punish at lower percents

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
You should check out the Gameland World tournament if you aren't doing anything, I go there all the time and the owner is super cool. I might convince him to give melee a try sometime (apparently he choses brawl because he gets better turnout).

Anyways for the coffeehouse tournament tomorrow is it advisable to take Trax or will parking be easy to find?

Jekyll

Smash Ace
You should check out the Gameland World tournament if you aren't doing anything, I go there all the time and the owner is super cool. I might convince him to give melee a try sometime (apparently he choses brawl because he gets better turnout).

Anyways for the coffeehouse tournament tomorrow is it advisable to take Trax or will parking be easy to find?
It's really your call. There's been parking available every time that I've gone, but the trax stop is less than a block away, too.

Sexy Yaz

Smash Apprentice
No one trying to get smashed tonight? If you want to team tomorrow text me. If you don't have my number then don't ask :)

net1234

Smash Ace
@ Tuesday Tuesday i wanna see a tech skill video with the ICs. like those videos of fox running all around the stage doin cool **** except with the climbers. you should make this happen somehow somewhere sometime. or post a link to one. both are good

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
@ Tuesday Tuesday watching the stream... i better see you live!

Edit:

Oh damn... just saw the Challonge bracket.... you went against mango in 2nd round of winners... that's tough... I know you lost but how'd you do against him?

Last edited:

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
reminder brawl doubles will start around 1pm
singles for both start around 3-3:30 unless doubles is still not at at least Loser's Finals in which we will start right when we get to LF
never had a problem with that but just in case

Top Bottom