• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

-Final-

Aria♪
Uh... that's the address it had on the UofU's website lol. No I don't live 2 miles down the canyon

Edit: Oh, that's just google maps being stupid. It's the right address

Last edited:

BillNyeTheSamusGuy

Smash Journeyman
2135 Red Butte Rd., Salt Lake City, UT, 84113

It's the building with an 820 on it. For those of you who were at the tourney at the guest house, it's literally a 2 minute walk from there
Is the tourney you're referring to Fanx?

Last edited:

-Final-

Aria♪
k. fest will start at 7 at my place and go until whenever people decide to leave (pretty much when Devon leaves since he's the only one with a tv).
If anyone who wants to come can bring a setup that would be awesome :3

Call/text me if you can't find the place/don't know where to park, The building's locked, so you'll have to text me when you get here.

Is the tourney you're referring to Fanx?
Yes, that was the one at the guest house

Last edited:

net1234

Smash Ace
k. fest will start at 7 at my place and go until whenever people decide to leave (pretty much when Devon leaves since he's the only one with a tv).
If anyone who wants to come can bring a setup that would be awesome :3

Call/text me if you can't find the place/don't know where to park, The building's locked, so you'll have to text me when you get here.
801-707-7732

Yes, that was the one at the guest house
i gots me a set up

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
@ Superw0rri0 Superw0rri0 and @Support , roughly how much is the opportunity cost to throw a tournament for like 30 peeps? i would feel like that would be a success as a first time T/O if it runs smoothly
The opportunity cost is one day of your time, and maybe some additional time before that to plan and advertise, that you could have spent doing something else. (I have a feeling you don't know what "opportunity cost" means, though, or else you wouldn't be asking that.)
HA! I could. I'm not sure I wanna subject her to the smash community just yet. XD
Don't you already subject her to the community when you have Smashfests at your house? :p

And it's weird seeing Devon being all humble...

yea! you never lose to me right?
oh wait...
...spoke too soon.

And I have a final tomorrow, so I'm skipping out on going to Final's today to study for the final.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
is anybody in the market for a gorgeous, sweet calico cat? she is extremely loving, although she is slow to give it, and will follow you around the house, always ensuring she's in the same room as you. bringing her home means having her share a house with my parent's cat, and they hate each other. as such, and i really dont want to do this, but im trying to find her a home so she doesn't have to endure another flight and who knows how much longer of hostility in the house with other cat. i will send you off with left over cat food, litter, a litter box, and probably a kennel too. pm for more details / pictures if you haven't met her already..

im also going to be selling some furniture. does anybody want a comfy, clean couch? there is some cosmetic damage (aforementioned cat, lol) which will drop the price, so if you need a cheap couch that still looks pretty good overall, then this is a good opportunity. i also have a table or two or three, one of which is more of a "night stand" kind of deal. possibly will be selling some electronics too. smashers will get first pick so if you have your eye on something i own let me know asap

Last edited:

net1234

Smash Ace
is anybody in the market for a gorgeous, sweet calico cat? she is extremely loving, although she is slow to give it, and will follow you around the house, always ensuring she's in the same room as you. bringing her home means having her share a house with my parent's cat, and they hate each other. as such, and i really dont want to do this, but im trying to find her a home so she doesn't have to endure another flight and who knows how much longer of hostility in the house with other cat. i will send you off with left over cat food, litter, a litter box, and probably a kennel too. pm for more details / pictures if you haven't met her already..

im also going to be selling some furniture. does anybody want a comfy, clean couch? there is some cosmetic damage (aforementioned cat, lol) which will drop the price, so if you need a cheap couch that still looks pretty good overall, then this is a good opportunity. i also have a table or two or three, one of which is more of a "night stand" kind of deal. possibly will be selling some electronics too. smashers will get first pick so if you have your eye on something i own let me know asap
i'll take the vape lol

Tomacawk

Smash Master
lmao buddy i'd sell that for no less than 2x what i paid for it, the sentimental value is high as ****, much like me when in its company

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
@ BillNyeTheSamusGuy BillNyeTheSamusGuy did you already leave to go up to the fest in salt lake? if not, would you want to drive up together? anyone else in the provo/orem area who wants to go? i can drive.

also, is anyone interested in a farewell fest tomorrow in provo for @ Tuesday Tuesday , @Jekyll, and @ Tomacawk Tomacawk ? i can reserve the flac again at byu from 5pm--11pm. let me know. if there's enough interest, i'll go ahead and reserve it.

BillNyeTheSamusGuy

Smash Journeyman
@ BillNyeTheSamusGuy BillNyeTheSamusGuy did you already leave to go up to the fest in salt lake? if not, would you want to drive up together? anyone else in the provo/orem area who wants to go? i can drive.

also, is anyone interested in a farewell fest tomorrow in provo for @ Tuesday Tuesday , @Jekyll, and @ Tomacawk Tomacawk ? i can reserve the flac again at byu from 5pm--11pm. let me know. if there's enough interest, i'll go ahead and reserve it.
Yea man im already on the train, totally up for a fest 2moro as well.

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
The opportunity cost is one day of your time, and maybe some additional time before that to plan and advertise, that you could have spent doing something else. (I have a feeling you don't know what "opportunity cost" means, though, or else you wouldn't be asking that.)
lol i do know what it means.

everybody else answered my question better though but thanks i guess?

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
lol i do know what it means.

everybody else answered my question better though but thanks i guess?
From that response, it doesn't seem like you do. "Opportunity cost" is simply the opportunity that you miss out on due to doing something. Like, if you go to one event, it costs you the opportunity to go to another event happening at the same time (hence the name). Everyone else just answered you with how much money it would cost you to run a tournament, which is not the opportunity cost; that's just the literal, financial cost. Of course, there's opportunity cost associated with spending money, but that would just be other things you can spend the money (that you are using for the tournament) on, not the money itself.
So if you think everyone else did a better job at answering your question, then you obviously worded the question wrong by using an incorrect term.

Last edited:

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Might as well answer both (double post because **** you Aerodrome)

Mission statement is essentially to show the world that gaming can be a fun and wholseome environment, which is great for friens getting together, or even a family. The reason for this is because I am personally sick and tired of the "stigma" that comes with "being a gamer." It is almost like a requirement that one has to have crude humor/phrases to be considered a part of any gaming community. While with certain people that's fine IMO, on a general basis it is completely out of line, and am going to constantly stand for it for any tournaments or events I do.

In things I am actually doing with it, well, tournaments for one. Equipment rental is a thing that may be up and coming (kind of pointless to have all this stuff around when I don't always need it for myself, or have extras that aren't in use that can be used elsewhere). Would LOVE to open an arcade in the name, or even an arcade/game store thing, OR EVEN a freakin' fun center deal thing.

But with everything I do I want to expand the name, leave a sort of legacy and try to change the general "opinion" of what gamers are and what they do. Basically, be awesome, make other people see awesome and want to be awesome, and then just sort of disappear in the end once everyone has gotten on track and doing their own things.

Long long term when I can't run the business any more, I will probably hand it off to a blood family member who will respect the base meaning of what the business name is to me though. If not likely, then the business dies with me.

So yeah, there's your general plan thing I guess.

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
@ Tsuteto Tsuteto so i just noticed your location is orem, ut. i'm not sure how serious you are at turning gamer's abbey into a business, but i have a friend that owns a [board] game store in provo. they usually hold magic tournaments on friday and general board gaming on saturday. perhaps we can do something like smash@xanadu and hold weekly tournaments/fests there or maybe you can work something else business-wise with him. i know he helped another friend of mine open up a game store somewhere in northern utah so maybe there are opportunities to network here ;-).

Top Bottom