• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
only reason i want to mm you so bad is because you come in here so arrogant
i am 100% down to do it whenever we meet, but it really was not worth me traveling to that tournament

also i hardly play melee as well. i play dota 2 all the time but that's it
also the comparison of you moneymatching me in brawl is bull**** because you actually have a lot of melee experience, whereas I have virtually no brawl experience

MVP

Smash Ace
i am 100% down to do it whenever we meet, but it really was not worth me traveling to that tournament

also the comparison of you moneymatching me in brawl is bull**** because you actually have a lot of melee experience, whereas I have virtually no brawl experience

plus brawl suck balz, cept for PM fo course

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
Melee is an old outdated unbalanced game

So u are admitting u got trolled and you mad? UMAD??
WHAT HAPPENED
So u don't even play the game ur supposed to be good at? Lol noob
Just save urself the trouble

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
Ignorance is bliss isn't it
Think real hard for me
Compare how many unviable characters there are in melee
Now In brawl
Hmmmm

And how many considered viable characters they both have
HMMMMMMMMMM

MVP

Smash Ace
Ignorance is bliss isn't it
Think real hard for me
Compare how many unviable characters there are in melee
Now In brawl
Hmmmm

And how many considered viable characters they both have
HMMMMMMMMMM

what do you consider viable? Look at Brawl Tourny results across the country. There's viable for ya

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Brawl National that just happened last weekend:

5th place :dk2:
7th place :zerosuitsamus:
9th place :yoshi2:
13th place :lucas:

I dont see where youre going with that.

EDIT: Regional, not National, my bad.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
lololo
you realize its even worse for melee?
i could say the same thing
in case you didn't notice who won apex 2013 brawl?
what was sktar 2's brawl champion? their top 8 results even?

hey everyone its just another #meleerider thats thinks they know all about brawl
and i know more about melee than you do too! lol

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
DKS usually talks without thinking, and his logic is really poor.
Both games have roughly the same amount of characters that constantly sees presence in the top-16 or so, so that's not really something to compare when debating which is less balanced. (It's also hard to compare with this criteria since the two games have a significantly different number of characters, so the subject to whether to compare sheer amount or the ratio out of the whole cast would also be a subject for debate.) The fact that MK is the only character that was ever banned from tournaments in the first place (even segregating the community into two factions) and having absolutely no negative match-ups is the prime point in favor of Brawl being less balanced, though.
Also, he keeps on saying that Melee is outdated, but that's moot since that doesn't really matter if it still gets more support from the collective community than its sequel.

EDIT: Just took a look at this past Apex results again. Too many MK heads... XD

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
*sigh* Seriously, are we back to this whole "which is better" thing again?

@MVP (and anyone else participating in the "which is better" thing): Please, just... stop. It's not that you're doing anything wrong, per se, but you're pushing the issue that's more than just a dead horse. It's freakin' decayed down to the bones at this point.

@Meat: Though X and Dscrubs can be quite ass on the forums (and can be in person, depending on the day, though they themselves not legitmate asses), they are kind of is also right in pointing out there was plenty of help there for you to come on down. All you had to do was take the trax to Orem, and someone would pick you up, as well as drop you off after the tourney so you didn't have to mess with that "2 hour transit time" thing. We know you're still chill though, they just like egging people on.

@Dscrubs: Stop being an ass.

@X: Stop being an ass.

So, there's my $0.02. If you need something to argue about, how about how I post these things, yet rarely show up to events. Contradictory, no?

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
I don't know about whether it was contradictory or not, but all I know is I'm glad you don't usually show up. Your Zelda is too good <3

I was really sad I couldn't make it to the tourney Saturday, especially as it has been the first one in a while. Z'z, do you have any idea when your next one will be? Also, is anybody else working on getting a tourney set up?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I wasnt arguing so much as pointing out the flaw in MVP's post. Said to look at tourney results around the country, showed the very latest regional's results with 2 borderline low tiers in top 16 and a DK taking 5th.

And one thing I will say about balance, imo Melee's upper/top characters are more balanced but have a bigger power drop on the bad characters, while Brawl is more top heavy but overall has more viability towards the bottom of the list. So Brawl has bigger single threats, but more overall viable options, overall the viability argument is really close since they both have their ups and downs in different areas of the cast/tier list/etc.

EDIT: Chris is working on setting one up on I believe Nov 9th, and my next one MIGHT be in December, but Im thinking I may hold it off until January, not sure yet. Ill start thinking of dates and get schedules/suggestions/etc from you guys in a week or two. Right now, Im enjoying my first real days off from work in about a month, so I dont want to think about anything like that now haha.

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
what makes me the most frustrated is that the reason x gets away acting like he's a god walking among peasants is because people like devon suck his **** to get positive attention from him

it's alright man, live it up I will be there to shut your mouth when we are at the same event

also, yeah "I MAD". I'm mad because somebody I consider a friend is acting like a child over the internet, purposely trying to make me angry. Time to grow up kiddo, we're not in middle school anymore

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
I don't have facebook so I can't view that content but I'm going to assume that you got his ass
just to set the record straight no hard feelings Devon I'm not trying to start ****, but just know that people act irl as you are acting now get cut out of my life extremely quick
that's not a threat because my friendship is so high value or anything like that, i just want you to be clear with how I perceive all of this. you are free to do as you wish

god damn everything is so much better when i get home from a long day, put on some headphones, and blaze the sacred herb

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Last semester some friends and I were holding competitive tourneys (like, standard rule tourneys) out of an apartment complex's lounge once a month. I'll see if my friend still lives in that complex and can reserve the lounge again for a tourney.
I'm not sure if it's close to the Trax? station or not (It's down by BYU). I've been waiting for a tourney to pop up for ages, and it'd be nice to have another one (albeit a low attendance one in all probability) before November--assuming Chris (X?) doesn't fall through on his promise--or December/January (assuming he does lol)

___X___

Smash Lord
what makes me the most frustrated is that the reason x gets away acting like he's a god walking among peasants is because people like devon suck his **** to get positive attention from him

it's alright man, live it up I will be there to shut your mouth when we are at the same event

also, yeah "I MAD". I'm mad because somebody I consider a friend is acting like a child over the internet, purposely trying to make me angry. Time to grow up kiddo, we're not in middle school anymore

HAHAHAHA OH MY. So mad. Let's say you do end up beating me, wow good job you won a money match against someone who doesn't even play Melee. But I can't wait to see the look on your face when I win. It's like, I am god when I can be so good at multiple games that I don't even play. And for the record, I never bragged about melee once. Just brawl. But I know since melee is the only game that you can remotely get close to beating me, you ended up bringing it up. I couldn't care less about that dead game with the tourney attendance being less than 5. I could have easily ignored your fail challenge and still kept winning brawl tournaments and making more money than you at every single event. But with the possibility of beating you at your own game, ah, it would just add more godliness to my already godly image. So keep getting mad, and keep replying. Just makes your already ******** animal, beastyality, loving personality look more pathetic:)

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
News flash: National or international level player returns to Smash, beats local or regional level friends, proclaims godhood.

What a dunce, man. Perma-ignored.

MVP

Smash Ace
lololo
you realize its even worse for melee?
i could say the same thing
in case you didn't notice who won apex 2013 brawl?
what was sktar 2's brawl champion? their top 8 results even?

hey everyone its just another #meleerider thats thinks they know all about brawl
and i know more about melee than you do too! lol

you can so you know more about brawl then me,
you can argue brawl has more viable characters than melee,
you can submit your opinion that brawl is better than melee,
i really don't care,

but DON'T think for one second you know more about melee than me.

i prefer melee. that's my opinion. brawl is an awesome game, i'm not denying that. But if i walk into a house and brawl and melee are both setup, i'm going to play melee. You might choose different, I DON'T CARE.....

EDIT: and for all you guys saying melee is a dead game: was brawl at EVO this year?

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
EDIT: and for all you guys saying melee is a dead game: was brawl at EVO this year?
There's the argument that Melee got to EVO because of brawl players though...

I don't make that argument because I know very little of how Melee got it's support for EVO. Just saying some people say that.

MVP

Smash Ace
That's true, Brawl and 64 players helped out a ton with EVO. but my point is, Melee is NOT dead

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
Lool this guy thinks hes hard cause he spams melee
The Internet is soo serious business these days

And dude no ones ever heard of of you u have no relavance
I have studied melee
During my melee phase I spammed almost every video and thread from 06-09
So coming from a nobody that's laughable at best

And meat tell me are people who only play smash together
Even considered friends? Is that your definition of friendship???
Kinda sad sorry dudebro

Tuesday

Smash Ace
$50 MM anyone in the thread in a game of basketball.

1v1
First to 11
1s and 2s
No items
Final destination

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
$50 MM anyone in the thread in a game of basketball.

1v1
First to 11
1s and 2s
No items
Final destination
No items and Final Destination in basketball would mean that there will be no ball (item) and no basket (since it makes the court not flat).

Lol I'd beat everyone in this thread at basketball free
BJ has posted in this thread before, hasn't he?

-Mars-

Smash Hero
No items and Final Destination in basketball would mean that there will be no ball (item) and no basket (since it makes the court not flat).

BJ has posted in this thread before, hasn't he?
I'm pretty sure BJ has never posted in here. RJ with BJ's name maybe.

But yea I'd get BJ too

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
utah melee plz BibleThump

:crying:

We have like... 4 melee players here at Neumont (including me) but none of us really go out in the competitive scene. I currently hold the record for most smash fest attendances in our school and that is 2. However we're all interested in competitive melee.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
To be honest all it takes is initiative if you want to revive melee in Utah. Apparently there's enough people interested in Melee to have an okay turnout on a semi regular basis. But it all depends on the entrants whether that's going to be a thing or not. If you guys dedicated at least 1 day a month to get together and play melee somewhere then we wouldn't be having this conversation. Basically don't rely on others and still complain about a dead scene, revive it yourselves if you want something to change.

Top Bottom