• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
To be honest all it takes is initiative if you want to revive melee in Utah. Apparently there's enough people interested in Melee to have an okay turnout on a semi regular basis. But it all depends on the entrants whether that's going to be a thing or not. If you guys dedicated at least 1 day a month to get together and play melee somewhere then we wouldn't be having this conversation. Basically don't rely on others and still complain about a dead scene, revive it yourselves if you want something to change.
^ This.

I mean, Ill host Melee at all my tournaments, but if almost no Melee players actually come like last weekend, then theres not much more I can personally do as someone who doesnt actually play that game.

MVP

Smash Ace
Lool this guy thinks hes hard cause he spams melee
The Internet is soo serious business these days

And dude no ones ever heard of of you u have no relavance
I have studied melee
During my melee phase I spammed almost every video and thread from 06-09
So coming from a nobody that's laughable at best

And meat tell me are people who only play smash together
Even considered friends? Is that your definition of friendship???
Kinda sad sorry dudebro

you are nobody, just like me... i've never heard of you either....

you've studied melee. so have i

you've wathced every vid huh? all this tells me is you have no life and you probably jack often. and just because you've studied doesn't mean you're good

you talk a bigger game then me, but i bet you can't back it up

EDIT: i came to this thread looking for more competition.... but this pu$$y here thinks i should get lost

this is the reason why smash isn't big in utah. is cause guys like you shiz all over the competitive atmoshpere

wangston

Smash Lord
You guys all ****ing suck. I'm done with smash in utah. You guys are all assholes and make you tall look like a **** place to play smash. No one is right everyone is wrong. Suck my **** or ****.

t('.'t)

___X___

Smash Lord

you've wathced every vid huh? all this tells me is you have no life and you probably jack often. and just because you've studied doesn't mean you're good

EDIT: i came to this thread looking for more competition.... but this pu$$y here thinks i should get lost

this is the reason why smash isn't big in utah. is cause guys like you shiz all over the competitive atmoshpere

Dude wanna money match in Melee? I'd love to send you packing after I poop on your typical "melee-only" loving a$$. And the smash scene isn't big because pu$$ies like you cry over words on the Internet lmaoooooo!

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116

wanna money match?? 25$
and all this **** talk you're "competitive" drive should be on fire now
pretty sure no one in the utah knows you let alone met you
you really are a nobody
oh and Umad???

everybody go to what DKS just linked to play melee!!!!
YEA invite everyone and not even show up yourself!
thats the spirit! ill make sure to cater jimmy johns for you

___X___

Smash Lord
Like Zz posted, I'm hosting a tournament on Nov 9th, at my house in Provo. I'm going to be taking this tournament seriously and making sure I advertise immensely. Make sure to mark your guys' calendars for the 9th of November and make sure you can get time off from work. I plan to have more than 40 people there, just like the last tournament I hosted about 3 years ago, lmao. If this turns out just like I plan, I'll most likely be hosting more tournaments in the future. I will post the flyer here on this thread when I am done making it, and hopefully you guys can print a few of your own and post them around your area for a better turnout. The only thing I ask of you guys is for setups. Tv's, and Wii's. I should be able to take care of the tables and chairs, but if you guys have any you'd like to bring, that'd be even better. I plan to have a sound system to call out matches instead of individually finding the people who need to play the match. I will have a room for tournament matches, and a room for friendlies just to make sure matches are prioritized, and a friendly room just for the people who didn't want to enter the tournament and just want to play friendlies. We will be selling snacks and drinks for your convenience, and possibly ordering pizza for all the attendee's. The pizza will be free. There 'will' be a venue fee, but note that the venue fee will solely go towards the making of this tournament along side with the pizza and anything else that was spent for making this tournament a great one. I will post the details when I have everything set up, but yeah I'm so excited!! I promise to make this tournament enjoyable for casual, and competitive players. Hope to see you all there!!

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Suddenly X wants our money and he's a very welcoming figure LOL
I'm down to come to your tournament, but I have qualms with the venue fee. I don't see why I should pay for pizzas that I'm not going to eat. I'd be willing to pay a lower venue fee to cover electricity/time for organizing and running the tournament or something, though.
Is your place cannabis approved?

___X___

Smash Lord
LOL!! You guys are funny. Yeah, please no drugs or alcohol.
You're free to come under the influence of whatever, but you cannot bring any drugs or alcohol into my home.
The Venue fee is going to be $3.
Like I said, not only is it for the pizza, but the time/money and electricity spent on making this tournament happen.

Thank you.

___X___

Smash Lord
Okay here it is!! I know it's not much, but if you can do so, please print out and post these wherever you can!! When I host a tournament, I make sure it turns out great.
Thanks for the help guys!

Oh, and about the whole douche-bag cocky godlike look I seem to show off online, I do it because you guys take the internet so serious. Of course I have a troll side and all, but I can be humble as well lol. Take time to meet me! I'm not 'that' bad ;)

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Okay here it is!! I know it's not much, but if you can do so, please print out and post these wherever you can!! When I host a tournament, I make sure it turns out great.
Thanks for the help guys!

Oh, and about the whole douche-bag cocky godlike look I seem to show off online, I do it because you guys take the internet so serious. Of course I have a troll side and all, but I can be humble as well lol. Take time to meet me! I'm not 'that' bad ;)

I don't judge people until I meet them. Cockiness is part of the FGC, it's what makes rivalries and pop-offs. I don't expect any courtesy from somebody I haven't met yet. Devon, on the other hand...
*facepalm*

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
you still soo mad loool
did you not here the words
take the internet soo serious like business??
i don't think twice on these **** forums.
sorry if you do,
and since you know me irl
u know the "real" me
haha

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
I hope we can get a Melee setup going, at least. I need some "welcoming waveshines," ha ha

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
I'm interested about the tournament but it's in provo and i might not feel like driving....

If you can manage a location near downtown SLC, I might shake of some dust and come to these.
I'm thinking about starting up a smash club in our school because with this year's round of new students, there seems to be increasing interest in smash bros. Almost all of them play Brawl though and they're really not good but I was just like them when I got to the school and it's been a year since then and my skill has greatly improved (but still no where near as you guys). I was thinking of allowing "outsiders" to come and join us as well assuming it's approved and we can have Melee and Brawl set ups. Again this is just thought at the moment.

In other news:
I should be getting information on the tournament that Neumont is hosting tomorrow or after tomorrow and I will release that info within the next few days.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
For some reason, reading through this thread is giving me a headache.

X, I'll talk to my wife and plan on coming. Unless she says no, then I won't. Yes, I'm pretty whipped. No, I don't care.

EDIT: Although, after my epic rage quit at the Utah3DS tourney... I guess I'll need a new controller... anybody mind letting me borrow one? No, I won't rage quit with it, I promise. I treat other people's property with the utmost respect. Just not my own, because I personally find it entertaining to rage quit when not that pissed off (though I was legitimately pissed at the Utah3DS tourney).

Jekyll

Smash Ace
I'm thinking about starting up a smash club in our school because with this year's round of new students, there seems to be increasing interest in smash bros. Almost all of them play Brawl though and they're really not good but I was just like them when I got to the school and it's been a year since then and my skill has greatly improved (but still no where near as you guys). I was thinking of allowing "outsiders" to come and join us as well assuming it's approved and we can have Melee and Brawl set ups. Again this is just thought at the moment.

In other news:
I should be getting information on the tournament that Neumont is hosting tomorrow or after tomorrow and I will release that info within the next few days.

Keep me posted. I have a feeling that regular smashfests in the city should draw in a decent crowd (assuming non-students are allowed).

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
For some reason, reading through this thread is giving me a headache.

X, I'll talk to my wife and plan on coming. Unless she says no, then I won't. Yes, I'm pretty whipped. No, I don't care.

EDIT: Although, after my epic rage quit at the Utah3DS tourney... I guess I'll need a new controller... anybody mind letting me borrow one? No, I won't rage quit with it, I promise. I treat other people's property with the utmost respect. Just not my own, because I personally find it entertaining to rage quit when not that pissed off (though I was legitimately pissed at the Utah3DS tourney).

The controller broke! Man dude I'm sorry...I will totally admit that I did use the fan to worst extent possible and it was totally unfair. Besides that, GGs and I hope we can play again sometime without a fan :p

I'm bummed I missed the last tourney but I should be there for Devon's and X's tourney's

Tuesday

Smash Ace
I won't pretend like I expect enough of a turnout for a melee side event, but I'll probably end up bringing a cube for the friendly room.

Hell, I'll even enter Brawl to boost numbers.

___X___

Smash Lord
Yeah I thought I posted something, but looks like it never posted.... I never said that there wasn't going to be melee, it's just not going to be prioritized. You are all free to bring melee setups and play in the friendlies room just like Tuesday said.

@Tuesday, yeah dude that would be awesome! That's what I like to see, a player who doesn't mind playing both melee and brawl. I'm a hybrid player as well as my brothers, and I wish there was more of us out there.

Anyways, my girlfriend and I just went around town posting a ton of flyers!! 20 so far. I'm going to print more out and spam them like crazy not only in Utah county, but slc when I get the chance. Hopefully you guys can help as well, but if not, just leave it up to me. I promise we are going to get a turnout of 40+! So do what you can to spread the word, and attend yourselves to have a ton of fun. I remember last tournament I said I might do a raffle, so I'm going to try my hardest to make it happen this time. You should be given a ticket number upon entry and we will be giving out some cool stuff throughout the tourney. Too much? Would you guys like that? Let me know so I can make it happen or not!

-Mars-

Smash Hero
You guys ever had that weird chick in high school who turned out to be hot as **** when you guys got older??

Talking to one right now but shes still weird wtf.

___X___

Smash Lord
Forgot to say, yo, Zz, wanna update this thread headlining my tournament? If not, could you make an official thread like we talked about? With all the rules and stuff? That'd be great. Thanks.

___X___

Smash Lord
Seph, that wasn't even a funny joke -__-

But as for prizes, I'm still deciding on what they should be. Like gift cards, free buffet meals, some Nintendo plushies, maybe even some games. You guys could always give me ideas!

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Forgot to say, yo, Zz, wanna update this thread headlining my tournament? If not, could you make an official thread like we talked about? With all the rules and stuff? That'd be great. Thanks.
Actually, thank you for reminding me, Im actually going to headline the Kafeinos one on the 26th first, then as soon as that happens Ill change it to yours. I will however also make that thread for you, I'll start working on it asap (im at work atm so it wont happen immediately, but as soon as I get free time Ill get on it).

___X___

Smash Lord
I guess that's what usually happens when you don't get an inside joke.
No, I know his sheets smell like complete and utter @$$. I'm just saying the joke wasn't very funny lol. But that would be a shame if I raffled them off.... I would feel bad for the winner lmao.

And thanks Zz!! That sounds like a plan. I'll text you for more details on the tournament.

Top Bottom