• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

MVP

Smash Ace
The smash scene doesn't revolve around the Mormon church, sorry buddy. Most of the active members in the scene aren't Mormon anyways
This is UTAH...... Mormon central...here, fyi there are mormons that play smash.... and you'd think it'd help our scene and help the already low attendence by planning on a day that everyone can make it

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
you have no argument
we have had smashfests before on this conference thing and it still made almost no difference to our "mormon smashers"
try again

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Lol @ this thread.

Meatismurder, make sure X has the money on him before you play otherwise you're never getting your money if you win.

Edit: And Devon, that is actually a good point he brings up. Even if most of the regular smashers aren't Mormon, planning it on a day where those who are won't come isn't great planning if you're wanting the best attendance possible. Don't be ignorant to things that matter to other people just because it doesn't matter to you. Not trying to say that the smash scene should revolve around church events, just that another day probably would get better attendance.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
lol we've had events on this so called conference weekend before and even earlier than this tourney and i remember no complaints and everyone showed up to my knowledge so idk what everyone is gettin stupid about
this "new guy smasher" acts like hes speaking for others
when really he's only speaking for himself
dude we get it you can't go, ur parents are prolly making you be apart of whatever that is
were not changing the date for you, and "mormon" smashers will be there i guarantee it

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
there's a decent chance I won't even have 20 bucks in 4 days but I'll come with everything I got and we'll see what happens

as far as the conference stuff, can't say it was good scheduling to conflict with that but I also can't say how it's been in the past
ultimately melee attendance is always ass anyway so idgaf
even saying "melee attendance" feels wrong, it implies there is a melee attendance at all

Rockmix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rockmix
General conference ends at four
Then priesthood conference(men only) starts at 7 or 6 can't remember so if you want to get some matches before that you can. Trust me use to be a LDS member and grew up in the church for my whole life and was forced to watch and go to these things.
Edit: oh yeah they have the talks online after and put in a magazine after too.

Tuesday

Smash Ace
Maybe the TO didn't know about the conference. Can't really blame him for that.

Also, in my experience as a TO, it's impossible to find a date that works for everyone. You can only ask around and pick a date that you feel will bring the biggest turnout with a balance of noobs and vets.

It sucks that anyone with other obligations that day, whatever they might be, can't make it. I for one will be there at 5, and hoping that there will be enough of a melee turnout for at least a round robin.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Im not Mormon so I have no idea when this stuff goes on with you guys, and on top of that, I said I was looking at getting this on the 5th a looong time ago, here's the first post I ever made saying I was looking at the 5th: http://smashboards.com/threads/utah...ament-on-oct-5th.69774/page-712#post-15746610 look at that post date, clear back on August 2nd. I had months to change it, even asked multiple times if it was fine with everyone, and up until a couple days ago, nobody had a problem with the date, so anyone who has a problem with it now should stop ******** about it since for one, it cant be changed now, and two, its no ones fault but you guy's that no one brought this up earlier when I actually could change it.

MVP

Smash Ace
you have no argument
we have had smashfests before on this conference thing and it still made almost no difference to our "mormon smashers"
try again
Lol @ this thread.

Meatismurder, make sure X has the money on him before you play otherwise you're never getting your money if you win.

Edit: And Devon, that is actually a good point he brings up. Even if most of the regular smashers aren't Mormon, planning it on a day where those who are won't come isn't great planning if you're wanting the best attendance possible. Don't be ignorant to things that matter to other people just because it doesn't matter to you. Not trying to say that the smash scene should revolve around church events, just that another day probably would get better attendance.
lol we've had events on this so called conference weekend before and even earlier than this tourney and i remember no complaints and everyone showed up to my knowledge so idk what everyone is gettin stupid about
this "new guy smasher" acts like hes speaking for others
when really he's only speaking for himself
dude we get it you can't go, ur parents are prolly making you be apart of whatever that is
were not changing the date for you, and "mormon" smashers will be there i guarantee it
i'm trying to tell you whats best for the smash scene in our location.... Do as you will, i'm just giving advice and trying to help

Im not Mormon so I have no idea when this stuff goes on with you guys, and on top of that, I said I was looking at getting this on the 5th a looong time ago, here's the first post I ever made saying I was looking at the 5th: http://smashboards.com/threads/utah...ament-on-oct-5th.69774/page-712#post-15746610 look at that post date, clear back on August 2nd. I had months to change it, even asked multiple times if it was fine with everyone, and up until a couple days ago, nobody had a problem with the date, so anyone who has a problem with it now should stop *****ing about it since for one, it cant be changed now, and two, its no ones fault but you guy's that no one brought this up earlier when I actually could change it.

this i had no idea of. Thank you for the post

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Haha it wasn't on general conference weekend Devon.

All in all, Zz's right. This has been around for awhile, even if the site was down for most of that time, and someone should have noticed earlier. Thanks for putting the effort in to organize a tournament Zz

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
your opinion is vastly incorrect so im callin it out
umad?
smash attendance will not be hurt at all

that's standard devon posting though
he's an internet tough guy but a cuddly lil smasher irl
ur a weird poster and a weird guy irl
remember how tryhard ur posts were? lol

meatisLIFE u really still want to contribute to the slaughter of innocent animals?

Sidebets anyone??????????????????????????????????
10$ on X

Rockmix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rockmix
dude, you really need to stop . just because someone else's opionion is different from yours doesn't mean you have to act like a ****
And you need to move on stop worrying about stupid **** like this.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
i got 10$ only so idk whoever side bets wit me

and rocky isn't mad and worrying about ****
he's just telling like it is so no its not hypocritical
if anything he's telling him

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
nope some random in provo

and yea wat about that guy? we basically killed him with kindness
and he disappeared

so it really doesn't ****ing matter how we treat new guy smashers huh PC??????????????

MVP

Smash Ace
nope some random in provo

and yea wat about that guy? we basically killed him with kindness
and he disappeared

so it really doesn't ****ing matter how we treat new guy smashers huh PC??????????????

i am new to this thread, but i am NOT new to smash. Been playing since it was released on the N64. Melee and Project M is what i play

Top Bottom