• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
I can't come. :( Zz why did you make it start so ****ing late? I could go if it started like...infinitely earlier. Lame yo.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Yeah, the reason I'm not going is because it starts at 5 and not the usual noon, since I really want to see that MM (if it even happens). If it happens, someone should record it and upload it, preferably with crowd reactions (I don't mind if it's mediocre quality if that's the case).

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
All I hear is johns
FYI the usual Smashfest on sat starts at 8pm and goes till we die lol

I can't come. :( Zz why did you make it start so ****ing late? I could go if it started like...infinitely earlier. Lame yo.
Cause **** You thats why

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
I still need a ride for tomorrow guys. If I can't get a ride then X let's postpone this cash battle until we meet, whenever that is.
i am new to this thread, but i am NOT new to smash. Been playing since it was released on the N64. Melee and Project M is what i play
where do you live, exactly? want to play tomorrow afternoon/night? I have a monthly transit pass and I can come to you if it's within reasonable travel time. I don't have a setup though.

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
alright I don't know why I can't edit my posts but I'm becoming a double post champion
that is, let's play tomorrow if I can't go to the tournament. It's over 2 hours by public transit (one way [and I'm willing to do it too]) and I'd have to leave like 1-2 hours after I show up in order to get home in time. Wish our public transit didn't close like in a lot of other areas :(

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Because f*ck yo couch.

But really, I wanted it earlier, but there was another reservation earlier in the day that goes until 4. Future events Ill hold there will def start earlier and will be MUCH bigger with more stuff going on (I really wanna get some P:M events in the future, maybe some other random side event, possibly Smash 64 though not sure since the highest turnout we've ever had for a smash 64 tournament in the last year was 2 people LOL), this one is mostly just to test the waters, figure out how to use all the equipment, etc.

Tuesday

Smash Ace
Uhhhhh for meat and party:

I really would rather not but FOR THE SAKE OF THE MELEE COMMUNITY I would be willing to make rounds picking up ANYBODY IN THE STATE for a melee tournament.

If you play Brawl and feel like entering Melee to be a bro, support the community, and up the pot, I'll pick you up, too. If you have no intention of entering the melee tournament but live close to someone else I'm getting you can ride in the trunk of my tiny car. If you neither have intentions of entering melee, nor live close to anybody, well then, **** you learn to fly.

512-968-0621 text me if you're stranded. BYOC.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
i would love to play a p:m tournament. i'd rather play a melee tournament but it's a strong middle ground to unite players and boost attendence
I was more meaning Melee AND P:M would both have an event, not P:M replacing Melee. Melee will ALWAYS be priority #2 in my events after Brawl, so unless Ive explicitly said its Brawl only (which I dont do unless theres no one coming for it), there will always be Melee.

Also, here are the rulesets Im going to be using. I guess theyre more like stage lists with the obvious rules added in, and I expect you guys to understand the CP system and all that type of stuff by now (however, to any newcomers or anyone unfamiliar with how the system works, dont hesitate to ask someone, I personally will gladly explain anything you would want to know) so I didnt include any of that either:
BRAWL SINGLES/DOUBLES:

Stock: 3
Time: 8mins
Items: Off
Team Attack: On
LGL: 60
Meta Knight's Infinite Dimensional Cape Glitch is Banned

Stages:
Neutrals:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counterpicks:
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Pokemon Stadium (Melee)

MELEE SINGLES:

Stock: 4
Time: 8mins
Team Attack: On

Stages:
Neutrals:
Battlefield
Dream Land
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi's Story

Counterpicks:
Pokemon Stadium

PSA SINGLES:

Stock: 3
Hazards: Off
Zeus' Plane Party Glitch on Dojo! is Banned

Stages:
Neutrals:
Hades
Metropolis
Practice Medium 1
Rival Arena
San Francisco

Counterpicks:
Columbia
Dojo!
Practice Medium 2
Time Station

Also, if anyone would like to help out and volunteer to be an assistant TO for any events, let me know, Ill probably want 2-3 people for Brawl and 1-2 for Melee depending on how many people show up. You'll basically just be there to make sure matches are being played, get matches started, and make any rulings, blind character picks, explaining rules/stage lists, etc. I will obviously be doing this as well, but I need some help for when Im in a match, Im busy, etc. Btw, my laptop (which will have the brackets and such) is going to be off limits to any non TO's. Do NOT put in the results yourself or do anything on it unless I give you permission, not even to check the bracket, Ill have a Screen of some sort showing the brackets.

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
i'm down to help with melee stuff
tuesday where is your general location, i can take public transit to you so it isn't out of your way
also i think it's best just try again for next tournament to get melee going
pc's already confirmed not going, i'm ok with not going, and i don't really know anybody else who's hyped for melee as nobody's expressing interest in the thread (besides you)
idk tuesday it sucks because you're really willing to go out of your way to make melee happen and there's not much interest to match

if this was the me 3-4 years ago i'd be down to drive 5 hours one way for a tournament
but i'm old now or something

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Well even if we only get like 3-4 entrants, I'll still run Melee. Any games that get less than 7 entrants I just do Round Robins for.

EDIT: If anyone's looking for a job, a friend of mine's job is hiring and I can hook you up with him, here's what he told me about it:
So my boss at the post office told me to tell people that they're hiring like crazy to get ready for Christmas, so if you live in the Salt Lake area, and are looking for an easy job, let me know and I'll hook you up. Also, you get paid 14-15 bucks an hour, so that's just a bonus. Basically, I just sit at a computer for 8 hours and type in addresses.

If you're interested, send me a message and I'll get you the deets.
There is a process though:

You have to apply.
You have to go take a general knowledge test. (real easy)
You have to go take a speed typing test. (also very easy)
You have to get a fingerprint card filled out.
You need to get a drug screening.
You need to get a background check.

That's pretty much the hardest part of the job right there. After all that's done, they'll hire you. (unless something is terribly wrong)

After that, there is a month of training. You get a break every hour, alternating 5 and 10 minutes and if you work an 8 hour shift, you also get a 30 minute lunch break halfway through.

After training, you are put on a 3 month probation period where they work with you to fix anything you need help with and try to get you situated so you can type a bit faster.

After that you are a fully fledged employee. You can listen to music, you can go home early if it's slow, (though they might make you stay 2 hours longer if it's really busy, but hey more money).

That's pretty much it. Later.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Just asked him if I could get more info on it for you, I'll let you know as soon as he responds.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
EDIT: If anyone's looking for a job, a friend of mine's job is hiring and I can hook you up with him, here's what he told me about it:
So my boss at the post office told me to tell people that they're hiring like crazy to get ready for Christmas, so if you live in the Salt Lake area, and are looking for an easy job, let me know and I'll hook you up. Also, you get paid 14-15 bucks an hour, so that's just a bonus. Basically, I just sit at a computer for 8 hours and type in addresses.
If you're interested, send me a message and I'll get you the deets.
There is a process though:

You have to apply.
You have to go take a general knowledge test. (real easy)
You have to go take a speed typing test. (also very easy)
You have to get a fingerprint card filled out.
You need to get a drug screening.
You need to get a background check.

That's pretty much the hardest part of the job right there. After all that's done, they'll hire you. (unless something is terribly wrong)

After that, there is a month of training. You get a break every hour, alternating 5 and 10 minutes and if you work an 8 hour shift, you also get a 30 minute lunch break halfway through.

After training, you are put on a 3 month probation period where they work with you to fix anything you need help with and try to get you situated so you can type a bit faster.

After that you are a fully fledged employee. You can listen to music, you can go home early if it's slow, (though they might make you stay 2 hours longer if it's really busy, but hey more money).

That's pretty much it. Later.
Pretty sure that's the job one of my friends had for many years. :chuckle: I also took the tests when he did and past them, but then the available schedules did fit me at the time. My friend finally recently quit for good since I guess he hated the job, despite the good pay.
Basically, the job is to do the part of the job that a machine can't do. Mail addresses are usually read by machines, but for those that can't be read by them, the machine takes a picture of it and sends it to you to read and type up. So basically, the job is to read bad handwriting. XD I'd hate that job not for the fact that you would have to sit in a cubical for 8 hours a day, but for having to read people's bad handwriting, which I loath...
And apparently, there were two of these Mail Processing Centers in the US, but the one in Wichita, Kansas shut down (or is shutting down), but ours has to take on the whole workload, or something like that.

___X___

Smash Lord
Got 1st in Brawl teams, 1st in Brawl singles, and 1st in melee singles. Won a $5 mm against Kenny, 3 - 0'd. Funniest part was that neither Kevin (Ladaman) or I lost a single tourney match against anyone besides each other. Don't know if we got better by not playing, or you guys just got worse. Lol, how sad. Thanks for hosting the tourney, Zz.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Results!!

Brawl Doubles
http://i843.photobucket.com/albums/zz358/Zzgashi/Brackets/BrawlDoublesbracket_zpsff20a563.png
1. Lada + X
2. Ebo + Mars
3. Kenny + Rockmix
4. Colus + Gkirbs
5. Cherry + ReDd

Brawl Singles
http://i843.photobucket.com/albums/zz358/Zzgashi/Brackets/BrawlSinglesbracket_zps82cd1193.png
1. X :sonic:
2. Lada :rob:
3. DS4 :toonlink::sonic::marth::ike:
4. Ebo :dedede::diddy:
5. Gkirbs :fox::falcon::pit::ganondorf:
5. Kenny :metaknight::snake:
7. Colus :kirby2:
7. Cherry :peach:
9. ReDd :pit::pikachu2:
9. Rockmix :ness2::marth:
9. Faith :zerosuitsamus:
753. ZzShy :yoshi2::mario2::bowser2:

Melee Singles
http://i843.photobucket.com/albums/zz358/Zzgashi/Brackets/MeleeSinglesbracket_zps5bec8ce8.png
1. X :falcomelee:
2. Tuesday :icsmelee::drmario:
3. Gkirbs :falconmelee::ganondorfmelee:
4276. ZzShy :yoshimelee::mariomelee:

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
Were there any replays saved or anything? I wanna see some matchezzzz.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Wish I could've been there, but oh well, next time.

With this now complete, who's going to anime banzai?

Tuesday

Smash Ace
I'm going to bonzai.

Also lol@Dr. Mario. I don't play him.

Thanks for hosting the tourney, zz. Let's try and bring a bigger turnout next time, guys.

MVP

Smash Ace
Got 1st in Brawl teams, 1st in Brawl singles, and 1st in melee singles. Won a $5 mm against Kenny, 3 - 0'd. Funniest part was that neither Kevin (Ladaman) or I lost a single tourney match against anyone besides each other. Don't know if we got better by not playing, or you guys just got worse. Lol, how sad. Thanks for hosting the tourney, Zz.

i wasn't there ;)

___X___

Smash Lord
Hmmm Tuesday would of went to the moon and back for u still didn't go
U just didn't want to give Chris ur rent money it's ok
LOL. Oh my, so true. But I'm actually glad Tuesday came. Was fun playing friendlies and tourney matches with him. Oh and Meat, it's funny to me how you challenged me to a money match not only at your own game, but the only game you play. If I challenged you to a Brawl money match I know you would decline. But I'm not a pu$$y. What's even better is that I can most likely beat you at your own game. A game I quit playing years ago. So next time you challenge someone to a money match, do whatever in your power to make the money and time to attend the event where the money match is going to happen. I sure did.

Top Bottom