• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I found a good place for tournaments! It's a lot like the one at blue pancakes except that there's already 6ish tables and 40ish chairs, there's a pool, and there's good eating places nearby (panda express, cafe rio, in-n-out, quizno's, mcdonalds, and more). Ill give more details when im home and stuff, but it seems very promising

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I found a good place for tournaments! It's a lot like the one at blue pancakes except that there's already 6ish tables and 40ish chairs, there's a pool, and there's good eating places nearby (panda express, cafe rio, in-n-out, quizno's, mcdonalds, and more). Ill give more details when im home and stuff, but it seems very promising
K well this place is in draper so that's closer than rj's to most of you by like... 20 mins, it doesn't have any tv's so we'd have to bring some. It's about the same size as the one at blue pancakes as well, maybe a little bigger though. I'd be able to bring 2 tv's, a wii, and lot's of gatorade (my dad has connections here). Like I said earlier, lots of good places to eat, very close by, all within 5 mins walking distance, and as an idea of were it is, it's right next to juan diego (you can almost see the school from the pool area). It will most likely cost a little to use it, so to cover that, it would be a $1 entry and I'd make the tournament only $4 to enter. My grandma actually lives in the area (and no its not retirement homes or senior housing) so it would be very easy to get a date to do this on. What do you guys think?

r3d d09

Smash Master
You still haven't told me your psr. and you're probably playing EM games. what pisses me off is that people think they're good at the game, but aren't. I know i'm not amazing, but i can pull my own. and you've picked 3 of the easiest/ noob friendly character in the game. nuff said.

i'm definitely not in the mood to argue, but if so, bring it on.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I'm also good with sucubus, slithers, pebbles, scout, and night hound.

Btw how does knowing a character tell all? Justs makes you sounds scrubby to me.

EDIT: I don't mean to sound rude but that kind of talk pisses me off.
Slither got nerfed.
Good pebbs are hard to fight but they don't last the game.
Succubus encourages 1 v 1 but isn't very synergistic with teams. (Denying people is hilarious though)
Lol Scout and NH. Pub Allstarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs

Seph, just so you know. I rarely mean any of my trolling. I am turrible at HoN and I know it.

EDIT:
Btw, by playing AR doesn't mean your proficient with everyone. Playing Hellbringer and playing him proficiently are two completely different things. Its just like random in smash. Sure, I know the basics of each character but my normal playstyle goes through each of them.

psr O:

lol mines been dropping. 6 instant scouts on my team ftw.

DZLE

Smash Master
I heard you guys were talking about HoN, am I too late?

Btw being a Dota vet I'll probably just **** you guys.
LOL YOU'D GET DESTROYED BY ALL OF US
I used to play all the time when it was the beta, but I'm poor so I went back to Dota when the official version came out.

Btw I would **** you.
AHAHAHA STILL LAUGHING
I play almost everyone because I play AR, but I ussually played my best with Swift Blade
lololLOLOLOLOLOL
LOL swiftblade tells me everything i need to know about you.
THISSSS
I'm also good with sucubus, slithers, pebbles, scout, and night hound.

Btw how does knowing a character tell all? Justs makes you sounds scrubby to me.

EDIT: I don't mean to sound rude but that kind of talk pisses me off.
LOL I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING THOSE HEROES OMG
You still haven't told me your psr. and you're probably playing EM games. what pisses me off is that people think they're good at the game, but aren't. I know i'm not amazing, but i can pull my own. and you've picked 3 of the easiest/ noob friendly character in the game. nuff said.

i'm definitely not in the mood to argue, but if so, bring it on.
This. Red Dog isn't even as good as most of us and i'm confident he would destroy you.

DZLE

Smash Master
Slither got nerfed.
Good pebbs are hard to fight but they don't last the game.
Succubus encourages 1 v 1 but isn't very synergistic with teams. (Denying people is hilarious though)
Lol Scout and NH. Pub Allstarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs

Seph, just so you know. I rarely mean any of my trolling. I am turrible at HoN and I know it.

EDIT:
Btw, by playing AR doesn't mean your proficient with everyone. Playing Hellbringer and playing him proficiently are two completely different things. Its just like random in smash. Sure, I know the basics of each character but my normal playstyle goes through each of them.

psr O:

lol mines been dropping. 6 instant scouts on my team ftw.
Anyone who plays scout or thinks he is good either
A: Plays nothing but EM and therefor sucks or
B: Just plain sucks

r3d d09

Smash Master
he meant to edit, i'm possitive.

and thanks everyone for having my back.

Seph, seriously. i'm positive if you get a group of 5. the 5 consisting of only your real life friends, vs my group of 5. we'd destroy you.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
k well this place is in draper so that's closer than rj's to most of you by like... 20 mins, it doesn't have any tv's so we'd have to bring some. It's about the same size as the one at blue pancakes as well, maybe a little bigger though. I'd be able to bring 2 tv's, a wii, and lot's of gatorade (my dad has connections here). Like i said earlier, lots of good places to eat, very close by, all within 5 mins walking distance, and as an idea of were it is, it's right next to juan diego (you can almost see the school from the pool area). It will most likely cost a little to use it, so to cover that, it would be a $1 entry and i'd make the tournament only $4 to enter. My grandma actually lives in the area (and no its not retirement homes or senior housing) so it would be very easy to get a date to do this on. What do you guys think?
? :/

r3d d09

Smash Master
ZZ, i'd be able to support it, but i'm most likely getting a job and what not. so idk if i could make it, but i'd loan some stuff out to make it run more efficient.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I guess I take stuff to literally.

EDIT:
I know that, I'm just saying I can play a game with each char without being screwed over completely.

Anyone who plays scout or thinks he is good either
A: Plays nothing but EM and therefor sucks or
B: Just plain sucks
You just need to figure out how to gank people at the start, he's not that great of a late game char but if you play him right you can win the game within 10 mins.

he meant to edit, i'm possitive.

and thanks everyone for having my back.

Seph, seriously. i'm positive if you get a group of 5. the 5 consisting of only your real life friends, vs my group of 5. we'd destroy you.
The people I know irl that play this game are in clans that work together with strategies, so I doubt it.

Also I don't have any money so this argument is kinda useless.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
You just need to figure out how to gank people at the start, he's not that great of a late game char but if you play him right you can win the game within 10 mins.
Lol what?

Scout is only a late game char. He has absolutely NO presence early game. The first twenty minutes of his game is spent farming. Sure, he has the silence but ..... thats it. he is frail early game, frail mid game, and frail late game. He is not a good char. Unless your fogged or bdiz I doubt you have a "good" scout. He isn't about early game ganking at alllllllllllllllllll. If you want an early game gank character go grab devo, fayde, bubbles, swift(who by the way is useful the entire game. weird), and so many other characters. Just not scout.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Lol what?

Scout is only a late game char. He has absolutely NO presence early game. The first twenty minutes of his game is spent farming. Sure, he has the silence but ..... thats it. he is frail early game, frail mid game, and frail late game. He is not a good char. Unless your fogged or bdiz I doubt you have a "good" scout. He isn't about early game ganking at alllllllllllllllllll. If you want an early game gank character go grab devo, fayde, bubbles, swift(who by the way is useful the entire game. weird), and so many other characters. Just not scout.
3 steps

1. You get a tank partner to get the other hero low hp.
2. You use your stealth to gank from behind while they go heal
3. Repeat till your high enough level to do it without others help

And if your response to this is just get an item that see invis units: most people don't get it early on in the game, if you keep killing their hero's they won't be able to get the item until they are too low level to kill you.

Yes they could group and push one lane but by that time you will be high enough to defend your towers with at least one other hero while the rest take out their base.

Btw this is easier said than done.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
3 steps

1. You get a tank partner to get the other hero low hp.
2. You use your stealth to gank from behind while they go heal
3. Repeat till your high enough level to do it without others help

And if your response to this is just get an item that see invis units: most people don't get it early on in the game, if you keep killing their hero's they won't be able to get the item until they are too low level to kill you.

Yes they could group and push one lane but by that time you will be high enough to defend your towers with at least one other hero while the rest take out their base.

Btw this is easier said than done.
Lol. Tank isn't a real role in hon. You should be having a babysitter harass them so you can get an effective farm.

Also, your entire strategy of run behind them and **** is countered by a single ward. The people who don't get it are baddies. They are bad players hence why they are dying.

I can hold a 275 gpm with dying 5 or 6 times. Which gets me a lot of good items. If your focusing on ganking(lol scout) with scout at low levels. You're doing it wrong.

Just curious... whats your level build and item build on scout?

-Serve-

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I would love to know you're build on farm, because he is a terrible character, unless its em of course.

Scout as no ganking power until 20 mins in, and you have a runed axe and a luxury item.

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
Not only have I looked at it, I've played it too. I <3's it.
LOL has millions of awards... AND it's free.

dRyu Edit: Oh and don't get me wrong, I have nothing against HoN. So don't be getting your panties in a bunch.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
K well this place is in draper so that's closer than rj's to most of you by like... 20 mins, it doesn't have any tv's so we'd have to bring some. It's about the same size as the one at blue pancakes as well, maybe a little bigger though. I'd be able to bring 2 tv's, a wii, and lot's of gatorade (my dad has connections here). Like I said earlier, lots of good places to eat, very close by, all within 5 mins walking distance, and as an idea of were it is, it's right next to juan diego (you can almost see the school from the pool area). It will most likely cost a little to use it, so to cover that, it would be a $1 entry and I'd make the tournament only $4 to enter. My grandma actually lives in the area (and no its not retirement homes or senior housing) so it would be very easy to get a date to do this on. What do you guys think?
I read up to Draper, and I already approve of this spot.

DZLE

Smash Master
Everything Seph has said has been the words of a baddie or an EM player LOLOLOL Just sayin

@Minato It's actually a Disco Room habit. Multi Post isnt against the rule there, and instead of edit i just type in the box and hit post. So I did it here on accident. Habit

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Nah, actually i'm good at DotA. Know my roots. Playin for years.

Favorite hero? KotL. That's why you know i'm good.
Not Phantom lancer like everyone else?

What about Techies?!

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
rice rice and more rice isn't your cup of tea is it?

Top Bottom