• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
Warning Received
you care whether people think sheik is a boy or girl??
damn i envy you
some people have too much time on there hands

wangston

Smash Lord
Fun tourney last week. It was my first one since I don't know when. I've played a couple of smash 64 tournyes at byu some time earlier this year but they don't count.

It was nice seeing everyone and it felt good to play in a tourney again even though I went 0-2. Never play pm johns. Don't worry though I will get good now.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Cross post from Gamer's Abbey:

Weeklies are updating! Changes are now as follows:

*Venue fees are now $3. If you bring a full set up (TV, System, and game for the tournament that week) then your venue fee is waived! That's even if we don't use the set up.
*Tournament entry fee is also being lowered to $3. Currently the 60/30/10% split for top three will apply.
*Amateur brackets are in the works. This will be a no cost entry (venue fee still applies), so that you can battle for glory. Advanced players can't enter this bracket either.

With that being said, weeklies are as follows:
*Provo Game Den - Tuesdays, Venue opens at 5:00 PM for friendlies, tournament starts at 7:30 being Melee
*Taylorsville Game Den - Wednesdays, Venue opens at 5:00 PM for friendlies, tournament starts at 7:30 being Project M

BONUS FOR THIS WEEK: Smash 3DS Demo tourney starting at 8:30 in each location! Free entry, MUST have a 3DS of your own to participate. 1st place gets a Discover Gift Card by us, 2nd and 3rd will get a free premium membership to Game Changerz. (If you win 1st on Tuesday you can not participate again on Wednesday)

Last edited:

-Final-

Aria♪
Soo... can we actually start the tourney on time this Tuesday? I don't want to drop out of the tourney because it is running too late (I almost had to last week...)

Shylock

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0216-1943-0839
Cross post from Gamer's Abbey:

Weeklies are updating! Changes are now as follows:

*Venue fees are now $3. If you bring a full set up (TV, System, and game for the tournament that week) then your venue fee is waived! That's even if we don't use the set up.
*Tournament entry fee is also being lowered to $3. Currently the 60/30/10% split for top three will apply.
*Amateur brackets are in the works. This will be a no cost entry (venue fee still applies), so that you can battle for glory. Advanced players can't enter this bracket either.

With that being said, weeklies are as follows:
*Provo Game Den - Tuesdays, Venue opens at 5:00 PM for friendlies, tournament starts at 7:30 being Melee
*Taylorsville Game Den - Wednesdays, Venue opens at 5:00 PM for friendlies, tournament starts at 7:30 being Project M

BONUS FOR THIS WEEK: Smash 3DS Demo tourney starting at 8:30 in each location! Free entry, MUST have a 3DS of your own to participate. 1st place gets a Discover Gift Card by us, 2nd and 3rd will get a free premium membership to Game Changerz. (If you win 1st on Tuesday you can not participate again on Wednesday)
Will friendlies be going on whilst the tournament is? Because if so I am in.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Hey everyone who is going to CO with me in October.

We are going to leave at 5 pm on Friday the 17th from my apartment in Logan Utah. Find a way to get up here. We will probably arrive in CO around midnight or 1 am depending on where housing is.

For the Idaho tournament I actually have one more seat open. Any takers?

Skull Kid

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chuggbert
3DS FC
0748-3351-1612
http://le.utah.gov/code/TITLE76/htm/76_10_110100.htm

"(8) "Video gaming device" means any device that possesses all of the following characteristics:
(a) a video display and computer mechanism for playing a game;
(b) the length of play of any single game is not substantially affected by the skill, knowledge, or dexterity of the player;
(c) a meter, tracking, or recording mechanism that records or tracks any money, tokens, games, or credits accumulated or remaining;
(d) a play option that permits a player to spend or risk varying amounts of money, tokens, or credits during a single game, in which the spending or risking of a greater amount of money, tokens, or credits..." etc.

The length of play of any single Smash game, in a tournament setting, is absolutely affected by the elements in (8)(b). We ain't gamblin', bruh.

Oh, and if you're just joking, well, then... *pushes glasses up and runs away*

Last edited:

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
ok so i got a 3ds finally and now i have the smash demo. the demo controls are hard for me wtf grab with L shield with R? thats the exact opposite of GC controls and how i shield. fuuuuk

BillNyeTheSamusGuy

Smash Journeyman
http://www.meleeitonme.com/on-the-future-and-the-repeat-of-history/

"Many combos [in melee] are not truly in hitstun, but work because the opponent still can’t avoid the follow-ups. The reason characters like Samus are so hard to combo in Melee is because she can immediately nair out of hitstun; most characters don’t have a quick option like that. Everyone in Smash 4 is comparable to Melee Samus because you can airdodge out of tumble, and have slow fall speeds."

Guys, I've been preparing my whole life for this.

Last edited:

Remioli

Smash Journeyman
http://www.meleeitonme.com/on-the-future-and-the-repeat-of-history/

"Many combos [in melee] are not truly in hitstun, but work because the opponent still can’t avoid the follow-ups. The reason characters like Samus are so hard to combo in Melee is because she can immediately nair out of hitstun; most characters don’t have a quick option like that. Everyone in Smash 4 is comparable to Melee Samus because you can airdodge out of tumble, and have slow fall speeds."

Guys, I've been preparing my whole life for this.
God forbid you play a character that isn't Samus lol.

Top Bottom