• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

wangston

Smash Lord
I like all the changes to the weekly tourneys. It makes sense to make them cheaper, more people will play. It will help the community grow. Also Is there any way I can donate some tvs to gamers den? I moved out of my old place and left like 4 or maybe 5 crts there. Or are there any smashers that want a CRT TV for free? They are all perfect sized tvs for tourneys, big enough to easily play doubles on and small enough to carry by yourself.

I'm going go ask on the BYU smasher page as well, first come first serve for the TV. Think of all the venue fees you will get waived and all the non lag smash you can play at home.

Ace of Kings

Smash Rookie
I talked to WSU and they said that they don't allow illegal hack mod games on campus. They will probably stop you at the door and confiscate it.
Dude I would love to know who you talked to, I am coordinating the event directly with the planning committee and they haven't as much blinked an eyelash toward what game or what version more specifically we will be playing. And for those who are playing PM as they have designed it to be played, there is no modding of your console or hacking to play a copy of the game "illegally".

I hope you're just trolling because it's PM, lol :teeth:

Ace of Kings

Smash Rookie
And hopefully we see all you Weber County and as many Davis County locals out here to support the event! We want to be able to get weeklies running up here, we need to get everyone organized up here first though. :rolleyes:

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Oh dear God people, let me fix this for you:

PUMPINZ IS MESSING WITH YOU AND IS UTTERLY SUCCEEDING AT THIS POINT.

That is all.

wangston

Smash Lord
@ wangston wangston How big are the CRT's? We just switched out our main tv for a flat, laggy one so I wouldn't mind getting a smaller one that can be stored and transported easily...
They range from 24 to 32 inches. Weighing 20 to 40lbs... give or take a few lbs. Honestly, I have no idea how much they weigh. However I have no problem carrying one from a car to a venue that's like 500 yards away.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
They range from 24 to 32 inches. Weighing 20 to 40lbs... give or take a few lbs. Honestly, I have no idea how much they weigh. However I have no problem carrying one from a car to a venue that's like 500 yards away.
So your average lift, got it. Most of the smashers will still need help :p

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
So there's a tournament at WSU this weekend? What time and where?

I understand it'll probably be mostly P:M. I may join that, although I haven't played it much. :p I'll have my 3DS if anyone wants to play the demo with me, and I'd be up for regular Brawl too.

I'm just excited there are events in Ogden now, lol.

Dr. Friday

Smash Cadet
If anyone is in Logan and wants to go to the WSU tournament, I'm heading down about an hour before it starts. I have 1 seat open and live on the USU campus. PM me if you are interested.

Last edited:

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
Last reminder!!!!!!

Smash At Weber (SAW)
When: September 27th 2014
Time: registration is at 2:00 ends at 3:00
Where: Weber State University Shepard Union Building room 404 (not found lawl)
Games: Melee only with PM friendlies
Fee $10 entry
$5 off for a full set up
Paying this automatically enrolls you in the bracket.

Prizes for t3

The tournament is gonna be Melee only
There will be a Amateur bracket
Paying the entry fee will get you into the main bracket
If you want to participate in the Amateur bracket it will be an additional $5(2nd chances don't come cheap niggie)*
It will be held in the Shepard Union Building at Weber State if you need directions use google maps it's 20XX im pretty sure everyone knows has a smartphone or the interwebs to use it.

Registration begins at 2:00 and ends at 3:00 if you can't make it on time tough ****.

$5 will be discounted if you bring a set up**

Hope to see whoever there

*If you have placed top 4 in the any Utah tournaments you cannot go for Amateur Bracket. If you happen to make it to final 5 in the bracket you will be refunded your money if you paided for the amateur bracket.

** This is a FCFS situation. Im only allowing 10 set up discounts. If you miss out a set up is much obliged but this is as much as I can permit.

The reason why we decided to drop PM is to try out the AM brackets. That way we can see how it turns out if its something thay we want to do in later tourneys.

Last edited:

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
So it's $10 just to enter the venue, even if you don't plan on entering the tournament?
Unfortunately yes. I personally didn't want this but since im working with a third party organization to throw this tourney. It has to be done.

But! My next one will not have any third party and I can run it how I actually want to. (Yes im planning another tourney for next month)

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Unfortunately yes. I personally didn't want this but since im working with a third party organization to throw this tourney. It has to be done.

But! My next one will not have any third party and I can run it how I actually want to. (Yes im planning another tourney for next month)
If that's the case I may as well enter the tournament anyway. Better practice up on my Melee physics (I've never played Melee competitively so I will probably be destroyed first round lol)

What does the amateur bracket entail? I might go for that, I'd probably have a (marginally) better chance.

Last edited:

RVKYS

Smash Apprentice
nothing feels better than slowly mastering a new tech in melee

:3

also, would love to go to tourney at WS on saturday, but i'd need a ride........................

net1234

Smash Ace

how long is it going will there be friendlies for a while? i might not make it in time 4 tourney

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
amateur bracket is for anyone who's never placed top 4 at an official melee event
Well I assumed that (since, you know, it said that in the info). I'm just a little confused why there's that entry fee. I guess it's to give the bracket a pot, too.

I'm going to get destroyed so hard.

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
how long is it going will there be friendlies for a while? i might not make it in time 4 tourney
We have the venue till midnight or 11:30 since we need to clean up lawl
Well I assumed that (since, you know, it said that in the info). I'm just a little confused why there's that entry fee. I guess it's to give the bracket a pot, too.

I'm going to get destroyed so hard.
Don't think like that, use it as a learning experience.

You gotta suck at something in order to be good at it -Jake the Dog

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to this. It's not that I don't like Melee and that I don't think that I have... well, general Smash skills. It's just that I've mostly played Brawl lately and I have practically no tech skill. :p

I might be better than I think, though. When I was younger, I used to play with people who I realize now used top-tier chars. I basically stuck with Game & Watch, Mewtwo, and Dr. Mario. I did use Captain Falcon sometimes, though.

net1234

Smash Ace
Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to this. It's not that I don't like Melee and that I don't think that I have... well, general Smash skills. It's just that I've mostly played Brawl lately and I have practically no tech skill. :p

I might be better than I think, though. When I was younger, I used to play with people who I realize now used top-tier chars. I basically stuck with Game & Watch, Mewtwo, and Dr. Mario. I did use Captain Falcon sometimes, though.
dont worry dude ogden is free, my mew2 puts in work up there

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
If anyone is in Logan and wants to go to the WSU tournament, I'm heading down about an hour before it starts. I have 1 seat open and live on the USU campus. PM me if you are interested.
Who the **** are you. And where the **** are you on campus. And why the **** are you not smashing at my apartment

Last edited:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Also, what time are you planning on coming back from Ogden? I wouldn't mind car pooling.

Also ill pm you eventually.

Last edited:

Mingo

Smash Cadet
Alright, so my friend and I want to start getting into the Utah Smash Scene, and we were thinking of attending the weber state tourney. It will be our first so we're a little confused about the registration for the event. Do we have to be at the event center between 2:00 and 3:00 or is it like an online registry? What time would we have to be there?

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
Alright, so my friend and I want to start getting into the Utah Smash Scene, and we were thinking of attending the weber state tourney. It will be our first so we're a little confused about the registration for the event. Do we have to be at the event center between 2:00 and 3:00 or is it like an online registry? What time would we have to be there?
I'll be there at 1:00 for friendlies and registration starts at 2:00 and ends at 3:00 no online registration.

bellsworth46

Smash Journeyman
I've finally got dates for the next 2 Neumont Smash Jams. They will be happening On October 25th (yes, the week after banzai) and November 22nd. I will be doing a smash 4 3ds tournament along with the 3 standards (pm, melee, brawl). As the smash 4 tourney will be on the side, I plan on including brawl dubs again as well (this time trying to actually start at 12). Finally, venue fee will be waived if you bring in a set up. I will link the postings of FB and here once I get them up.

Top Bottom