• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
How many people are going tomorrow for friendlies? I can't go until around 4, but I would like to go and get some matches in.

C!Z

Smash Lord
So are there any around gold league players going to Salt Fest that down have a team yet? 2 people bailed us last second cuz of some unavoidable stuff. Lemme know asap. PM's are preferred. Would be looking for either mid/jungle/support

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
So I may have possibly found a good venue for a monthly. Will be running SSBB/SSBM/PSA if it works out.

And Kafeneios is every 3rd Saturday correct? Just making sure, correct if Im wrong cuz Ill be seeing if I can get the place every 1st Saturday.

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
So salt fest was my first tourney.... wondering if there are any more tournaments coming up or at least some where were I can keep up to date on them other then smashboards. I heard about Kafenaio.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Absolutely! Kafeneio's is our monthly tournament, but there is usually a smashfest or two about every week, either in Salt Lake or Provo area. You can always check back here for more information about such.

Will post shouts and stuff about Salt Fest tomorrow, too tired now.

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
Wow, whoever couldn't make it to Salt Fest, you missed out. That was definitely the funnest tourney I have been to. It pumped me up to practice a lot, and I didn't do too shabby either.

Shoutouts to everyone, especially Vegas and Washington who came all the way down to play.

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
So salt fest was my first tourney.... wondering if there are any more tournaments coming up or at least some where were I can keep up to date on them other then smashboards. I heard about Kafenaio.
Are you that MK that I played in tourney? Alex Frazier or something?

Also: when are results gonna be posted, and where?

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Seph has the tourney stuff, so I'm sure he can at leastpost who won what. iirc:

Melee singles:
1st - toph
2nd - jpegimag
3rd - C!Z

Brawl Singles:
1st - w.i.r. FOW
2nd - w.i.r. Z
3rd - Yaz

Brawl Doubles:
1st - xero + w.i.r. FOW
2nd - w.i.r. Z + w.i.r. gebgar
3rd - KenNeth + Yaz

1st and 2nd on doubles may be switched, but I'm pretty sure on everything else. Melee Doubles was cancelled due to lack of participants.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Ah, that's right, we kept saying the file his flash drive. As long as it exists, it'll get taken care of :)

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
Ok cool. I wanna see the full results.

Everybody troll Marz into not retiring.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Everyone also needs to try to get wangston to not quit Smash. What happened to him at Salt Fest broke his spirits, apparently... XD

Anyway, I got into a car crash going home from Salt Fest last night, so I've been busy. I'll try to get the results thread up by the end of the day, though.

EDIT: And for some reason, the Salt Fest Tio file that I have doesn't have the Brawl Doubles and Melee Singles bracket updated all the way. I was watching most of the top-8 Melee matches, so I was able to complete that bracket, but I'll need help from you guys (mostly Kenny and Tsuteto) for the progress of who beat who.

EDIT2: Results thread has been posted. Thanks, everyone, for coming!

-Mars-

Smash Hero
"I have no time for anything anymore I work full time at a pizza shop"- Taylor "Wangston" Jones, May 2013

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I work full time at software company. I smash. #DealWithIt

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Worked full time, married, and yet can still do smash and ddr events. If this last tourney had anything to do with it, you still did better than me (damn ZSS).

wangston

Smash Lord
I go to work full time and go to school full time. I can't spend spend a whole Saturday every month at a smash tourney. I will still go to smashfest because I love chilling with everyone. Basically I've been like this since last September when I got the job, it's hard to get off saturdays. I've only been to two tourneys this whole year, the vegas tourney and saltfest.

Also for smashfest I'm always willing to pitch in $5-$10 for gas money to get the slc people to come down to provo on occasion.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Im a complete disgrace and a failure...

But at least Im better than DS4.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I'm finally playing ranked games in LoL. I'm 2 for 2 in season 3. 8D

(I had a ranking in previous seasons. I don't remember what it was, though.)

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
I'll take make a tall order of a guess and bet he's better than me

(Note: I've never touched DoTa before)

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
I don't really know, but I do know that I had to scold him at Salt Fest for looking up DOTA stuff on his phone while at the smash tourney haha.

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
Don't want to be spreading rumors if they aren't true, but I think that Taylor said that it was probably Tane.

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
I think that could have been me. Somebody has my disc in their Wii (it says Josh Parkin on it), so I assumed that it was just a trade. If you need that back, I can hook you up PC. My bad.

Edit: misread that you were missing a case, not a disc. I r noob lol

-Mars-

Smash Hero
The black Wii I brought doesn't have Brawl in it I checked so my copy of Brawl is missing as well. Did anyone take out a Brawl disc from the black Wii before they left?

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
The black Wii I brought doesn't have Brawl in it I checked so my copy of Brawl is missing as well. Did anyone take out a Brawl disc from the black Wii before they left?
I'm guessing it got taken out when they got everything setup for Melee. Did it have it after Melee finished their first round?

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
So I'm missing a Brawl case and Mars is missing a Brawl copy. Either someone has it by accident, or there was a thief among the people that entered (most likely a random person, and not anyone from the scene, if it's the latter case). If someone did steal them, then that's pretty disappointing, since all that does is detract people in the scene from wanting to volunteer their stuff for future events. :ohwell:

Top Bottom